Having problems with Protea Hotels?

Protea Hotels Customer Service Contacts

+27 861 119 000 (Central Reservations)
+27 214 305 300 (International)
+27 214 305 000 (Head Office)
Main Rd, Sea Point
Cape Town
South Africa - 8005

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Protea Hotels Customer Service. Initial Protea Hotels complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Protea Hotels above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Protea Hotels. Discuss the issues you have had with Protea Hotels and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Protea Hotels Complaints & Reviews

Protea Hotel MidrandUnconscionable Skulduggery

I made the mistake of using the telephone in my room. I figured it couldn't be much more than a cell phone call. I made a 28 minute call, off peak and to a national landline. At standard telkom rates the call should have cost me R8. Add some infrastructure usage and a profit margin and anything up to R60 is acceptable. So I was horrified when, on checkout, I was charged R343.

The rates are not advertised in the information booklet in the room. If this was a bigger matter I'm pretty sure I could challenge it in a court of law and have it struck down as unconscionably unfair.

I complained and Protea offered me a 20% refund, or R70. When you have been charged about R300 more than you should have, R70 is little consolation. So I declined and demanded a proper refund. They never got back to me.

I was paying a premium price to stay in their hotel. I expected to be treated like a guest, not a targeted as a victim. Such underhanded skulduggery is the work of criminals, not companies who are sincere in their desire to make customers smile.

Change your ways Protea
Peter

Protea HotelMisrepresentation

Ive got a problem with Protea hotel that cant be resolved because they dont even mind to call me back or email me after numerous emails and phonecalls and promises they will come back to me. It seems that they just ignore me and that seems to be the level of their custumer care. Iwould never do business again with Protea hotel.

Protea Hotel — Prokard

On the end of june the consultant of Prokard phone me and say to that my new Prokard is been printed and she...

Protea Hotels And InnsCustomer accused of abusing loophole in system

Booking made on internet and rate quoted R904 pnight. Booking confirmation received with rate reduced to R750 pnight. Colleague referred to lodge also received lower rate. On check-in told rate was R904 - requested review and assured would be done. On trying to settle bill was informed that R904 was not negotiable - bookings were run like airline (big demand, high rate vs low demand, low rate) therefore two week difference in time of booking could result in different rate for same facility. Eventually granted limited discount which was unacceptable. When document produced confirming lower rate, was told that I had discovered a loophole in the system and was abusing this. I as the customer was made the culprit for an obviously incompetent action on the part of the hotel. The manager's (Debby) attitude was aggressive and totally uncalled for - a simple admission and acceptance of the hotel's error was all that was required. The principle of running a hotel like an airline is somewhat strange to say the least.

Protea Hotels And InnsI am very furious by the treatment i received from one of Prokards staff member for Protea Hotel

I am very furious by the treatment i received from one of Prokards staff member for Protea Hotel who refuses to refund my R270 that i paid into thier account for the Prokard Gold membership which i have cancelled. Everytime i call Trevor Theys at thier Randburg offices his colleagues answer the his phone andgive me lousy excuses that he is not in the offices or busy on another line otherwise you will hear people laughing at the background and whispering. I have decided to cancel this application as a result and have requested my money back. What irritated me was the fact that he deducted money from my account and only to find that there were insufficient funds, why did he do that without my concern. I specifically told Trevor that i would deposit the remaining amount into Protea Hotels account once i've sorted my financial problems. having a gold membership with them wasnt much a priority to me but instead he deduts money from my account that's not even there.He then called me to tell me he received the copy of the deposit slip which he had requested and thereafter hang up the phone in my ear which i found very uprofessional. I want my money back!!!

Protea Hotels And InnsProkard with no assistance at all

I was contacted by a call centre agent promoting the prokard via telephone conversation. I was told how this product will work and that it would take between 7 - 10 working days for my card to be hand delivered to my office via courier. I have made 17 phone calls to different people with the durations of the calls between seconds and up to 25 minutes at times. I have to this day still not received anything and no one seems to know what is going on with the systems. After my first call to find out when I could expect my card, as was told that there was issues with the local post offices etc, but I was told that the card would be hand delivered. Weird and a bunch of nonsense. The very day I accepted this, there was a mount of R 1 090.00 on the 23rd of September 2009. Now, to this day, long after the delivery times I was given over the phone, I still have not received anything. Althoug this was a verbal agreement, which is binding, prokard is in breach of contract. I expect a refund to my credit card by no later 29 October 2009 please. I have a colleague in my office by die name of Aletta Botha, who sits with the exact same problem. Her account was debited on the 28th???

Protea Hotels And InnsStill waiting for my Gold Prokard since July 2009

My 2008 prokard expired at end of August and I applied for a renewal card of which I was billed the full amount. Since then I never heard from proteaprokard and every time I phone to enquire about my renewal card, I am told that it has been posted but there is nothing in my mail box. Last time when I phoned the prokard division they told me that payment does not reflect on their system but all the previous enquiries I made the consultants did not have a problem about payment, they said they did see my payment and the card has been dispatched but I did not receive it. I am very disappointed with the way protea handles this issue.

Protea Hotels And InnsWhat do I need to do to get of their call center

I had a Procard, and went to their Protea Hotel in Saldana, and did NOT get the discount as advertised. After complaining I got no satisfaction and I tore the card up, This was probably 6 years ago. The problem is I still get phoned 3 to 4 times per year, in an attempt to try sell me a new card, I have complained, spoken to managers, been promised to be taken off the list, but the sales girls still phone.

Protea Hotels And InnsI will never ever use or recommend this hotel again

Protea hotel wanderers was chosen to host a client, proof of payment was fprwarded, the client wished to pay but the receptionsit insisted it was paid for, a month later I'm contacted with the hassle of sending proof and the humiliation of asking they payer a month later and the humiliation of the hotel pestering the client. now it was the hotels job to tell him on checking out where they insisted that no further payment must be made. Not to mention that a hair was found in his and his partners food, ASK your manager he wil verify this. I will never ever use or recommend this hotel again. kindly forward whatever amount it is you say is owing to you as i've said in the email and NEVER EVER CONTACT again.

• Lo
                    Lojanda Mar 10, 2020

We left one day earlier due to noise and sewage smell on 22 Feb 2020. I have sent several emails, tried to call but no answer at the accounts departments. Waiting for refund of R2265. I have the refund slip.

Comments

• Li
                    Lisle J Mboweni Oct 21, 2018

I couldn't wash when I woke up because there are no washing towels available.Ive never heard of this.Was in Marriot hotel Cape Town last week, there were face cloths.Ive never travelled with a face cloth before, at least this should be on your website or client be informed at time of booking.