Progressive Casualty Insurance Logo

Progressive Casualty Insurance

Having problems with Progressive Casualty Insurance?

+1 800 776 4737 (Customer Service)
+1 888 240 9839 (Commercial)
+1 888 288 0770 (Report Fraud or Identity Theft)
6300 Wilson Mills Rd
Mayfield Village, Ohio
Investor Relations
6300 Wilson Mills Road, Box W33 Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143

Complaints & Reviews

Progressivefailure to inform us they added grandson to our policy and took seriously high payments from checking account.

Apparently Progressive decided that since my grandson lived in the house that they would go ahead and charge us for his insurance. They never informed us that they were doing this and they started taking two and a half times two payments from my husband's checking account starting in June. What they didn't know was that my grandson decided to move out because he didn't want to pay any bills when he turned 18 on April 21st 2017.
What they also did was put my husband's bank account into near deficit or deficit actually because they were taking this money and again did not inform him that they were doing this. He accidentally found out via a call to them when he had trouble with his car. We informed them that my grandson had moved out and actually moved in with his mom. He is not on any lease does not have an apartment he's 18 years old but he does not live here. What they sent us for proof to prove that he left our house there's no way we can do this because he would have to be set up in his own place to do this. We're requesting our money back from June through September that they took without our permission. The most that we could provide for him is a signed affidavit stating that he does not live in our house again and that he does indeed live with his mother. Had we known this when they done it we could have had the opportunity way back then to cancel this insurance and go with another company and it makes me so sick that they would do this and not inform us thoroughly that they were doing it because the payments truly truly jumped not to mention my grandson has his own insurance policy.

Progressive — executive auto body margate florida

We are a autoglass vendor for many progressive shops in broward county I want you to be aware of tony at...

Progressive — "paperless discount"

On 9/18/17 I changed my billing preferences from paperless to U.S. mail. Upon doing so I was told I would...

Progressivelack of customer service and loyalty to 20+ customer

I have called since Mon 9-11 and then again Tues 9-12 to be told an adjuster will call me to set an appointment up between 24-48 hours. No calls received. Called back on Thursday 9/14 and was advised my vehicle will be picked up Fri 9/15 and I will receive a call to schedule the tow. Guess what, I never received a call, and called back Friday 4 times and was told it was set up incorrectly. Mind you I was on hold with 1 rep (Nancy) who dated she will return with an answer, guess what, she never did. I called back and spoke with Jerry who was very abrupt and said he will look into it and return my call. He did; which, I was happy for but was told they can't pick up the vehicle until Monday. I am tired typing because as I am typing this email, I'm trying to get this resolved (2 hours and still pending). If you care about your loyal customer, I believe you will reach out.

Progressiveauto insurance wrongful denial of soldier

On May 29, 2017 at 9 pm, My husband hit a deer driving in the middle of Kansas. The night of the accident he called to file the claim even though when the airbag deployed it hit his head and he wasn't feel ing very good. When the claims person got on the phone all he said was, "Well, looks like you are not covered. Have a nice night." and hung up on him. My husband was left stranded with a total car 5 hours from home. Since the accident he and I have both called progressive to solve why they are claiming our car, which still have a loan, would not have comprehensive and collision when we requested it when we signed up. All of the countless RUDE progressive people have told us is that we denied it and they have our signatures. When asking for proof and a copy of said signatures, the then VERY RUDE progressive people say "Oh well actually we don't need signatures if you accept the Declarations page and start making payments that is the binding contract." hmm Well then how come you say you have our signature?

My husband filed complaint with the Colorado State Insurance Board, who supposedly is on the side of the people, did not help at all. Progressive sent a letter yet again saying they have our signatures and the Colorado State Board just listed to them. My husband died yet again to get said "signatures" from Progressive and prove they are lying but we still have not seen them. The Colorado State Board will only side with the Insurance company so don't go to them for help.

We are still searching for ways to fight the denial of our claim and will do anything to prove how awful this company is and to spread our story to help others from being in such a horrible situation.

Progressivecustomer service/auto repair

This is the second time I used the Progressive center to fix my vehicle. The first time was such a wonderful experience. This time was horrible. The representative Patricia Mcillion was so rude to me and my family, I will be changing my insurance. I've been a customer since 2009. There were multiple times she lied, she wanted to be all on the same page so with the supervisor she told me what would be covered. She then called later and told me a different story stating "this is not covered." She then gave me prices over the phone and then texted me completely different prices. And then acted like I was stupid for not understanding. Why work in customer service if you can not treat people with the respect they deserve during such a stressful time for the customer? She also stated progressive is too big of a company to have insurance adjusters come out and take photographs of the damage. And blamed me for not having pictures of the damage, as if I don't have a full time job in the healthcare industry as well as a family to raise. When she told me progressive is too big of a company to help me, I realized there are so many other insurance companies that are not too big and would love my business. How she has a job is beyond me. And on top of all that I got my car back and it was not even fixed properly! She then lied about the appointment time I schedule for issues I had since they "fixed" my car, stating that latest time they have on Friday is 3pm because of a meeting. I found that very interesting since another very nice women scheduled an appointment for me for after I got done work at 5:30pm. It sounds like someone was trying to get done work early and she stated my car would just sit over the weekend, where her other colleague stated I could wait while they fixed the problem. She basically didn't want me to get a rental car over the weekend to save the company money like it is coming out of her pocket. She did note since the car was not fixed properly, progressive would cover the cost a rental. Ps I pay insurance every month that covers a rental. I hope no one else ever has to deal with her. She made my all ready extremely stressful situation into a living hell. I hate giving her the satisfaction that she got to me, but the company needs to be made aware of her. I am very easy going and understanding. Patricia is a horrible person and should not be in the front of the service center, representing a company that is "too big" for my needs. Progressive you just lost a loyal customer because you choose to employ an ignorant person who does not know what she is talking about and is anything but helpful. She works at the Willow Grove repair center in Pa.- customers beware. I will be placing a formal complaint with her supervisor. Sorry customer service is not for you Patrica. I have been in the industry for over 11 years and you lack compassion and basic skills required. Chick fila would have fired you long ago.

Progressiveagent

We entered Waldo & Associates (126 Boggs Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211) to conduct business, we were met with hostility, threats, bad attitude and more of the worse parts about a person from the man in charge. When I questioned him about services he instead pushed passed what I needed and began selling me on what I did not want, or what we did not want, he got even more hateful and bitter as we tried to stop his lecturing about his amazing prowess and knowledge. We refused his attempts to overcharge us because we had already dealt with his yelling, poor and rude demeanor long enough. We specifically had plans to conduct other business he was selling us elsewhere, but this man did not want to hear that. He specifically insulted our intelligence and I am sure he was a mere slip from a racist comment about my black partners in this business.

When we still offered to do our initial business with him he reneged on his word from before and said he didn't want to do any business with us. I have never been treated so poorly by anyone. We walked in off the street for his services and were met with one of the worst people we have ever experienced. I have filed complaints with both state and federal regulatory agencies in insurance and called into question his ability to be a notary. This man's hateful rhetoric and out of control behavior will not be tolerated in our neighborhood and should not be tolerated by Progressive.

Progressiveloyalty to your customer s

Hi my name is Jerry be Osborn policy [protected]-9. I've been with progressive insurance for over 10 years. I am in the process of buying a home by the end of the month. But do to the way you're handling my auto claim [protected] that was cause by a progressive customer. I will not use you for my home owner insurance company and when this auto claim is done . I will take my business somewhere else because there no loyalty between you and your customers. It's all about the money . If that's you're way of doing business then I don't need you. I don't need a answer for this complaint. I see how you're company works and were your loyalty lies. I will pass the word out about your company to my family and friends.I am going to post complaint on line about your company.

Progressivebeing charged for making a phone call

my vehicle was vandalized in 2016, I had contacted progressive about my coverage by no means was a filing a claim, I had no payout never took my truck to a shop did not contact progressive again due to not wanting my insurance to be raised due to a simple fix. I was then contacted approximately a month later and asked would I be following up which I let the adjuster know I had no intention on claiming because the damage did not require any labor by a shop, not only was I refused a job due to the 2 separate incident reports that were basically seen to the employer as a high risk driver but I have also been required to pay twice as much for my new cars insurance, other insurance companies are quoting me outrageous quotes and I am being told only because of those negative incident reports on my driving record am now required to wait till they come off to receive a decent monthly rate, I am a recently divorced mother of four, with no history of speeding, wreck less driving nor at fault accidents, I feel betrayed and bullied by this company and will by any means have this problem looked over, the fraudulent tactics used by the adjusters in order to corrupt the policy holder ! I by no means have any intention of being a victim of this ponzey scam and will make this my priority to get to the bottom of and gain compensation for my pain and suffering due insurance scamming from my own insurance company!

Progressiveclaims/customer service

Since when does calling your insurance company to ask a question, turn into a claim on your account? Oh that's right, when you call Progressive! I simply had a couple of questions about my car and something that happened, and was told and assured by the representative that it would not go against me whatsoever. Little did I know, a few months later when my policy is about to be up, I decided to shop around for new quotes because Progressive is quite expensive...and BOOM public record shows that I have an accident claim on my policy which is now making every premium outrageous! The best part, Progressive didn't pay a penny, and now I'm penalized for 5 years for asking a question!! When I asked the representative why I have a claim for asking a question to the "experts"... because frankly, I don't know jack about insurance, i've never been in an accident...she tells me that maybe next time I should get an agent, so I can get my questions answered at no cost. WHAT A RIP OFF!!! I'm so disgusted.

Progressiveabout the non service and discrimination

I was ran off the road by a non black driver 100% non black drivers fault. Progressive said they did all they could but could not produce ne written documents on wht was done. I tried to file 5 complaints. Formal. N was called they were resolved. Nothing in writting saying so n how the hell u going to resolve a discrimination case without judge n jury. The representatives hung the phone up with me what argumentative and completely out right Liars I would never give her aggressive another dime of my money and I will be suing someone in till times get better

Progressiveprogressive auto insurance

I was involved in an auto accident on Monday 7/18/17. The other party rear ended my vehicle due to inattentive driving and following too closely per the police report. The day after the accident progressive called me and told me that the other party was accepting fault and gave me locations to take my vehicle to for repairs. She stopped mid conversation to put me on hold, when she came back on the line she told me the claim was under investigation so we could not move forward. Since then the claim has been passed around to several different people. I encountered one representative who told me to "watch how you talk to me" because she is "from Baltimore" as if to be threatening me when I expressed how frustrated I was about how poorly my claim has been handled. She hung up on me and when I called back the next day she had the same foul attitude. Her name being Courtney Robinson from Maryland obviously. I called her supervisor and left a voicemail to which I've gotten no response. I've called several times about this claim as my vehicle is damaged and is in need of repairs. It is disappointing how difficult this has been. No one should never be subjected to such unprofessionalism when it comes time to use the auto insurance they pay for. Everytime I call and ask for a supervisor, they put me on hold and I am transferred to the same "sorry this voicemail box is full please call again later" and then the phone hangs up. I am at a loss. I recently switched from Geico and I am thinking about switching back due to all of this nonsense.

Progressive — customer service

Customer service failed to mention that rental service and road side assistance is an "add on". All I got...

Progressivecustomer service rep

I called on June [protected]@ 228p
                      The conversation went on for 30min.
                      The representative was unhelpful, and unprofessional.
                      I asked to speak to a supervisor in the beginning of the conversation, 30 minutes later with no results and left on hold for many of the minutes. Not happy with my service from this rep.
                      Also, she was suppose to send an email regarding information and I never reviewed.
                      Please, review the conversation for this call.
                      She needs to learn better customer service skills.
                      Policy # [protected]

Progressiveunethical behavior. employees do not honor quotes given to customer. always raising the quote and ignoring the previous quote given.

Progressive auto insurance... A company that need to be brought down a notch... No many notches. The employees are inept, management has money monger mentality and they treat long-time customers as dispensable. There is no loyalty, no honesty, and pathetic customer service from this company. This is what I have personally experienced within the past 2 days. The frustration and anger generated by these employees... There aren't strong enough words. I have spent a total of 3+ hours on the phone with inept employees over the past 2 days, I am continually transferred to new employees as each one doesn't have answers. Each person gave me a different quote and each quote got higher and higher. It started at $112.03, then 116.83, and ended at 179.07. Mind you, this is for a 59 year old, no accidents, no tickets, driving a 2003 toyota, a loyal, pay-on-time customer for 15 years. And, the last person I talked to would not honor the quote I was given during the 1st call, of 116.83. He claims that it wasn't right... What???!!! I expect the quotes honored, not raised every time someone new attempts to price a policy. I have been a customer since 2002... That doesn't mean anything to your management team.

Progressiveunable to buy a policy

I need to add a new vehicle to my policy, which should have been quite simple. After all, the company exists to sell insurance policies, no?

But not so simple. The website says to call your local agent. Okay. My local agent's phone number led to an automated menu which did not provide for buying a policy. After clicking the "other" option several times and being cut off, I finally in desperation clicked on the "existing claim" option. I got a very nice person who said she would connect me with someone who could help. That connection turned out to be . . . wait for it . . . the original menu! Calling the Progressive number on the website . . . the same "solution."

At this point, my assistant in the next room commented, "Maybe you need to switch insurance companies. You've been at this for about an hour!"

So I did. I called a local State Farm agent, who got on the phone and sold me a policy in about ten minutes, no fuss, no hassle.

Not the way to do it, Progressive!

Progressiveauto insurance

[protected] is my claim number. We have had the run around with this claim and have been inconvenienced about as much as we can handle. This company is very unprofessional and not understanding about a person not being able to use their own car because someone with progressive insurance side swiped them. Waiting days on the adjuster after we dropped off our car, stuck in the cheapest rental car your company can get and obviously not treated like we felt we should be treated. We have 2 family businesses and don't screw people on purpose then apologize and move on, If people aren't happy we make it right no matter the cost because people matter at least to a small local business. Good luck to your huge company and God bless.

Chuck & Becky Clady

Progressiveroadside assistance

Requested a motorcycle tow. After an hour we get a call from towing company and they were only prepared to tow a car, not a bike. The tow had to turn around. Another hour went by and we called Progressive to follow up they stated that the tow company got called on a police tow and they take precedence and they would try to find another company. Another hour goes by, we get a call from a manager saying our customer service rep couldnt find a tow company so the manager would take over and keep us posted. After 20 more minutes with no call back we cancelled the tow and called triple A who came within 30 minutes. Worst road side experience I have ever dealt with in the dark on the side of the highway.

Progressive — claim denied

I recently repurchased progressive insurance, I hit a deer a couple days later and it won't be covered. Why...

Superior

Progressivecustomer service

Worst insurance company i've ever had dealings with. I was hit by one of progressives customers, he admitted fault & the claims rep michael jobe says the pictures do support what we are saying happened although the driver admitted fault. I ask to speak to a sup who I find our after being transferred to marie canciocpi is not a sup but a co-worker who was no help & also tried to defend michael's findings although the driver admitted fault. Then I asked to speak with another sup & she says they're all gone. I then hang up & call back 3 different times & get transferred once to a department that has nothing to do with filing a complaint, the second time was told no sups were in & the 3rd time I was giving michael & marie's sups number who has been out of the office & all I can do is leave a message. This is ridiculous that you can't even get fair treatment after being hit. And the insurance company lies & changes things. Worst company ever!!!