Progress Energyover charging

E Review updated:

progress energy sucks, I have been paying for utilities for 8 years never have my utilities turned off. I have been with progress energy for only 10 months they turned off my electricity twice already they treat costumer like trash. I would never signed up with them anyway, but I was forced to. Where I rent my townhouse I have to go with progress, but when I came to rent I chose another area, were I could transfer my utilities. But when I was ready to move in they told me the townhouses I saw are gone . Progress energy have power outage all the time, they had one about three weeks ago that broke my TV. They, overcharge every month my bill is going higher and higher, when I was out for 2 weeks my bill is higher than the 9 previous months, that's ridiculous.

JOSEPH DAPRILE SR Jun 02, 2015

SOMEONE TURNED ELECTRIC ON AT A LOCATION IN MY NAME I FILED APOLICE REPORT AND DONT EVEN LIVE IN STATEN ISLAND

• Kn
    Knallely Aug 14, 2018

My power is always going out rain or no rain the crews take hours to fix it back. I have gone a week without power and they don't try to fix it ASAP. my food always goes bad and they expect me to always pay my bill on time. plus my bill is always in the $200s but when it comes to me asking for the power no help at all. Whatsoever . Ridiculous.

Mike Hensley Aug 15, 2018

Whom ever is driving truck number 16979 is a absolute idiot and should have his CDL, if he has one, taken away. driving well over the speed limit, not changing lanes to allowing vehicles to merge onto the highway, riding the bumpers of the vehicles in front of them. This is in Indiana, on Interstate 74 between Indianapolis and Shelbyville Indiana.

• Kr
    Krugger Aug 21, 2018

I have a transformer 10 feet from my 100 year old wood frame house. I was just given a quote by Duke of $4, 200 to move it 20 feet from the front of my house to the property line. This is ridiculous especially because the transformer looks very old and the pole was inspected as far back to 1984.

• Sh
    shonya heyward Aug 29, 2018

Had a house fire Jan 6. Got a bill for Dec22-Jan31. for 393.33 and usage 3, 441 kWh. No power since Jan 6. Talk to duke power nobody could tell me how they got tht total. Duke energy is a fraud!!! One said it was estimated one said a smart meter. Neither is true don't have a smart meter they came out 2 weeks ago but didn't cause we didn't have a meter

• El
    Elcha cha Sep 10, 2018

Yesterday the power went out due to a strong storm that hit the area. I live on campus at Lenoir Rhyne and we haven't had power since 5 PM and we are running low on food due to the dining hall not having power. I haven't been able to heat up food and the closest restaurants we have are also out of power.

• Tr
    Tractor 61 Sep 11, 2018

Would like to know duke energy pays tommy keyton to hang around three&twenty fire department all hours of the day when he is supposed to be a safety man this this is a waste of money for all that pay duke energy every month on there power bill

• Da
    [email protected] Sep 11, 2018

Your contract tree trimmers were in my yard today. Please make sure they come back tomorrow to clean up their mess, tree limbs and water bottles.

David K Rice
    Attorney at Law
    141 Oakwood Drive
    Woodruff, SC 29388
    864-476-6364

• Nc
    Ncusa Sep 18, 2018

Why does it take you so long to do so much, our business power is off and no one or contact to a real person is to do nothing.

MikeAE Sep 18, 2018

After Irma, I have no power and no plan in place to restore it. It has been 14 hours. No call, nothing. It is your responsibility to inform me when power will be restored. That is why I pay you. Every day I wait is how much I will delay paying you on the the next bill.

Get me my power, now!!

• Li
    Lisamc12345 Sep 18, 2018

We are on smokerise blvd longwood florida 32779
    The front half of our neighborhood never loses power - they are connected to wekiva springsroad. We connect to overhead lines near wekiva neighborhood and always loses power even with lightwinds. How dp we get this circuit fixed? Thank you

• Ji
    Jill Paige Fricks Sep 18, 2018

I have unclaimed money owed to me by Duke energy, I need to find out how to collect my money

Minniebee Oct 21, 2018

I file an outage on 10/11/2018. Customer service didn't enter outage in repair system. I don't know when they will make repairs. Very poor business until it's payment time, no delay then.

• Rh
    Rhonda Jordan Oct 22, 2018

My power went out last night at 6:30 pm and is still out.. Why?? No one is working on it??? No estimate from you in regards to when it will be on.. Why??? Thanks, Rhonda 919-219-1682. I realize that this outage only effects 106 customers, , But we are important too!!! Please give us something???

• Ca
    Caylin Oct 23, 2018

In the span of about 2 weeks, my roommate and I have lost power twice for hours at a time. Both have been on bright, 90 degree days. Why are we losing power so frequently!? Our food spoils when they take 8+ hours to come send a dispatcher and fix the problem. Not a good power company.

• Bs
    B snd S martin Nov 04, 2018

Duke energy. Cannot keep power on for our subdivision

They cannot keep equipment up to date
    And
    Will not trim trees or do anything to assist our neighbors with keeping our power on.

• Ar
    arla777 Nov 04, 2018

i live in GA have never had this eltric company yet i find a 209 dollar bill on my credit report i have disputed it and disputed it you can see my adderss on the report and never had i lived in there service area and yet they refuses to remove it

• Co
    Concerned7777 Nov 11, 2018

Horrible utility service. They are not flexible and show no empathy towards their customers or their concerns. Communication is erratic and they take no responsibility for errors on their part.

• Ro
    Robert lee huneycutt Nov 13, 2018

2-8-17 robert lee huneycutt spoke with black female csr about starting service. She stated he just needs to pay 250 deposit acnt 1453484918 when infact he owes back bill from 8900 wade st mt pleasant nc.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices