The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Proactiv — refer-a-friend scam
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Proactive is now promoting Refer-A-Friend where customers are offered a "referral fee" when they refer a friend who is new to Proactiv. The new friend receives a free starter kit for the cost of S&H. Today, five ebay sellers are charging potential customers to collect their email address and refer and refer it to Proactiv as a new Friend, and collect their referral fee.
When brought to the attention of Proactive, they said they have no control over their customers and if they want to scam potential customers using Proactiv's promotions as their tool, that wasn’t their problem.
I asked Proactiv to at least go to Ebay and type in Proactiv Coupons and review the auction to determine if they were in violation of the Refer A Friend promotion. Again, they made it clear they didn’t care how they got the new customers, and if someone was stupid enough to pay for a free promotion then Proactive and the customer selling the promotion are ahead.
I was then told if I didn’t like Proactiv’s resolution to take it to the next level – Guthy-Renker – and the call was ended.
More Proactiv Complaints & Reviews
- Proactiv - didn't order but have been charged
- Proactiv - attempt to return unopened product
- Proactiv - a return
- Proactiv - deceptive trade practices
- Proactiv - rip off
- Proactiv - horrible customer service! avoid at all costs!!!
- Proactiv.com - never never ever order from this website or by phone
- Proactive - damaged my face
- Proactiv - unable to unsubscribe
- Proactive - dark spot remover also customer service