Pringlestoo thin

I would like to make a complaint about the crisps pringles because they have a advert saying that their is 90 pringles inside the tube. There maybe 90 pringles but i have discovered that they have made them alot thinner than they used to be. You can almost see through them.
I would like to thanks you for having the time to read this complaint.

• Li
    liveland Nov 28, 2009

I agree, they are a lot thinner, somehow don't seem to taste the same neither. Bring back the good old pringles, I don't care that there may have been less in a packet. Or Give us the choice to buy thick or thin pringles.

• Be
    BethaKnee Dec 06, 2009

I had never considered how many pringles were in a tube & I did not care. now however, I am disturbed that to fit 90 pringles in a tube they are see through. And beacsue i bought them from a mini Sainsburys they were £2.95, (usually 99p in Asda). Very dissatisfied!!

• Be
    BethaKnee Dec 06, 2009

May I also mention that far more Pringles than usual are smashed - probably because they are so thin

• Le
    Leigh Cade Dec 09, 2009

first time ive had the new 90 in a pack pringles and everyone is spot on they are so thin... half of them broke in the tin and they dont taste the same as they probably old less flavouring... bring back he old ones!!!

• Ev
    evcollins Dec 16, 2009

0I agree, they are not the same anymore... now once I have popped I can certainly stop! (quite easily

• Di
    Disgusted of Hove Dec 18, 2009

Who on earth thought that this would be a good idea? They've ruined Pringles. I won't be buying them again unless they change back.

• Ou
    outraged from basingstoke Dec 20, 2009

I agree! my partner have just sat down to have a munch on these 'new 90 in a can' pringles and we could almost watch Top Gear through them. there is no way you could now use them to enjoy a good cheese and chive dip they would just crumble. we are disgusted and shall not be purchasing anymore over the festive period.

• Da
    Dan tyler Dec 22, 2009

Yeah these have "new coke"
    written all over them! You know why they've done it though!!? (apart from more in a tube - but I reckon that's a handy by product)
    They want people to give em to kids! they were previously way to sharp and crunchy for little uns they want to get them sucked in early I reckon.
    I really hate it when people mess with a fine formula.
    Rice krispie squares started out as two 'squares' funnily enough, thenyhry stopped cutting in two, now it's barely the size of 1.5 squares, I'd rargr they just charged 5p more and left it as it should be.
    Rant over

• Dj
    DJ Jaybee Feb 20, 2010

Yep way too thin, they snap too easily - and a bumpy ride back from the supermarket for some people will result in a tube of broken pringle bits. They've been to the Walkers school of potato slice nanotechnology. Rubbish!

• Cr
    crispsman May 02, 2010

Pringles was on offer this week so I bought 3 (it was buy 1 get 2 free). After my first one (Salt and Vinegar), I too immediately found that they were a lot thinner than before. It actually broke between my fingers. I thought I was going mad and therefore decided to search on the web and see if anyone else found the same!

I prefer the old thicker style Pringles as it had more potato flavour, I wish they would bring it back, or allow consumers a choice between the two. As with a previous poster, I also found that there were more shattered pieces than usual, probably due to the thinner weaker shape. Pringles will need to design a stronger tube if they are going to make such fragile crisps!

I have loved Pringles since a child and am really disappointed!

• Ro
    RossR Nov 07, 2010

I'm with everybody else. I've always loved Pringles, but these new ones are horrible. It's not just that they're thin either, they actually taste a lot worse too imo. Blah. Pringles has officially lost a customer in me

• Ad
    Adam Finn 79 Dec 19, 2010

Christmas has just arrived and the tube of Pringles and Whomus has come out. Either Whomus has got thicker or Pringles have got thinner. Either way the Pringle couldn't handle my dunking action and they buckled under the pressure.

• Ba
    BadCompaniesStink Jun 27, 2014

I purchased two containers of Pringles chips. The first one was Cheddar & Sour Cream. These containers advertise that you're getting 20% more in each can. That is the purpose for the longer containers, however, every time I purchase one, the chips are 2 1/2 to 3 inches below the full line or the brim of the container. It's a shear rip off from Pringles. The second container of Pringles I bought was the "new" 'Pringles Tortillas Nacho Cheese Flavor'. There were so many broken chips it was ridiculous. The chips from a flimsy bag of Lays Potato Chips would have held up better than this hard container of Pringles chips. There was little to no flavor from the chips as well. What Nacho Cheese flavor? Not from this container. Most of us know, that Pringles has gone down over the years. If they continue, they will probably go out of business or be bought out by another company. They are putting out a piss poor quality product right now. They can spend millions in advertising if they so desire. I'm not buying their lame ### products anymore. I'm done with Pringles potato chips. Hello Utz or Lays Potato chips!

• Am
    Amy power Nov 14, 2014

Got salt and vinegar flavor as present after an eye injury to cheer me up was very disappointed as half way done the box they lost all flavour

• Di
    Di w Apr 18, 2015

I have just opened a can of Pringles, the first one I've bought for a while, was planning to eat them with my hummus dip but sadly that proved impossible as they instantly crumbled in the pot, . I thought that they were much thinner sand that the taste had changed. Thought I may be imagining it so did a Google search and came across this forum. I am a Marketing Manager and can't believe that the manufacturer has made such a faux pas with a successful product. What a faux pas

• Ol
    OldPringlesFan Apr 23, 2015

Completely ruined the brand. So thin it's ridiculous. Agree with above, too thin to dip, break easily (even in your hand) and flavour changed for the worse.

• Re
    Reidmail Sep 26, 2015

Tried my first pack in ages, I won't bother again. They are paper thin and don't taste the same.
    Whoever is responsible for the marketing faux par needs their wages thinning out also.

• Ro
    Robert Latterman Apr 15, 2016

As of late the BBQ coating is almost NOT exhistant anymore. They seem to have change their process (possible to save $$$ ???)

• Ki
    Kiri Shona Grey May 14, 2016

Bring back the old version of pringles please. This new version is the pits. If I wanted to buy a tube of chips (crisps) I'd buy a pkt of them. I used to buy them all the time now I don't buy them at all. No value for money and the taste is pretty sad when there is none. Who ever ruined the idea of changing pringles should be sacked.I'm sure you ppl have lost a lot of sales through this modern day Pringle. ...

• Co
    courtney keyon Aug 10, 2016

i purchased pringals 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks i was extremly dissapointed as the first tube had no flavour too it atall and was supposed to be salt and vinigar, i again purchased a tube of salt and vinigar tis was so over salted t hat me and a roup of 12 friends were unable to eat them there was no taste of anything other that salt, again the next time i asumed that it was an issue with that batch so attempted to purchase another tube however this one taseted very like there texas BBQ flavour which was a huge dissapointment. i would also like to add that the crisps are way too thin as most of them are broken by the time the consumer takes them home. they are really a let down as pringals were onc soo good bring back the old ones that is what i say !!

• Bo
    BonesTW Sep 18, 2016

So disappointed. Always look forward to a cheeky tube of pringles. It says Pringles on the tube but they are nothing like the pringles I know. They are so thin and most of them are broken. No chance to dip them... How dare you call them pringles. Pringles you are trying to rip off your loyal consumers. Maybe I need look for an alternative brand from now on seeing as Pringles sees fit to cheat us of our favourite snack. So disappointed. Fix it now Pringles!

• Ag
    Agoodbuyer Nov 21, 2016

I agree.Bought some yesterday for the first time in ages and commented on how thin they were and couldn't use them with a dip.also no flavour whatsoever.Much cheaper and tastier to buy a multipack of PROPER crisps and use them with dips.i think aldi or lidl do a version of Pringles called stackers which taste like the originals bt obviously cheaper!might be worth trying these.will deffo NT be buying Pringles again.lots of sales lost especially over Xmas.