Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Cruise Lines Princess Cruise Lines Purchase of jewellery on board not worth the price - bad advice.

Princess Cruise Lines  -  Purchase of jewellery on board not worth the price - bad advice.

K
Author of the complaint
2:43 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi. Booking ref - 3K9PGQ-01

My wife and I recently took a cruise with Princess and onboard purchased a ring for my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary which she picked with the assistance of your staff who told that the ring was valued at approx. £4500 but would be sold to us as a promotion and tax free for USD2617.00 (Approx. £2000.00) which we thought was a fair deal. (See attached)

On return my wife went to the local jewellers who we both know and trust to have it valued for insurance purposes who has since informed us that the ring valuation is only worth around £1800 - £2k for insurance purposes and could have been purchased much cheaper, It would not even be worth the value that we paid for it. We have been told that we could send the ring away for a further valuation however we would be wasting our money so we sought a second opinion who stated something very similar without knowing the first outcome.

Quite frankly we are really not impressed, the staff were very nice on the boat and we trusted both them and the pricing they gave us but to be told that we could have purchased one much cheaper locally (not tax free) is a little insulting to the fact that we are now considering returning the ring back,

We are not complainers and it takes a lot for me to write this, but have always sailed with Princess and even have another cruise booked in October this year and November next year with an intention to book another early 2023. Can you please advise what we can do to rectify the matter or return the ring which we would prefer not to do as my wife does like it but the purchase of it has now been tarnished by the fact that we feel wrong done by.

While on the boat, I did ask for a valuation so we have something to use for insurance but was not provided with anything and told to just use the receipt attached as proof of purchase which was not really what I was after.

We are not new to purchasing from the jewellers on the boat as we usually purchase jewellery in the form of a watch (As with this cruise and previous one) but this is the first time we feel we have been extremely let down. we also purchased 2 pieces of art.

We would like to bring this matter to closure as soon as possible please. I am open to a conversation if you would be so kind as to call me to discuss.

Kindest regards

Dr. Kevin Pope.

More Princess Cruise Lines complaints & reviews

Princess Cruise Lines - poor service
Princess Cruise Lines - waste of monies, bad cruise, staff rude
Princess Cruise Lines - refused to refund our deposit!
Princess Cruise Lines - failure to meet contracted obligations