Menu
A
Author of the complaint
4:58 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company called me about a debt that they said I owed. I told them they had the wrong person. Representative requested my social security number, which I refused to give. I told her to give me what she had on file. When she did I told her it was not my social and she had the wrong person although the name was the same. They didn't call for a while but have recently started calling again, harassing my wife and son despite being told not to call our home. They operate like scam artists and should be investigated and prosecuted.

More Portfolio Recovery Associates complaints & reviews

Portfolio Recovery Associates - fraudulent debt collections
Portfolio Recovery Associates - Portfolio Recovery Associates' Information
8 comments
Nov 24, 2008 5:36 am

This company has repeatedly contacted me regarding a debt from 1994 for a company that is no longer in business. The debt was obviously purchased at a low cost in an attempt to get me to pay. The debt belonged to an out of business company and was never valid to begin with. I am in process of filing a complaint to them and the better business bureau to have them end the harassment.

This company is in the business of buying bad debts and makes a habit out of scaring and harassing people into paying for them.

O
Oct 20, 2011 10:55 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ocean Blue Trade
274E Sunset Avenue #165

Here is my Private Email:[email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are a fast growing supplier, we saw a similar product on a trading
site, So please confirm to me if your Company can make provision for
exact products as shown on trading site.

We await your response with quotation and specifications immediately to
enable us proceed with order placement.

Thanks,
Nammon Teskeo
Ocean Blue Trade
274E Sunset Avenue #165,
Suisun City, California,
United States 94585

G
Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm

They had been harassing me for a debt that was not mine, I filed a complaint with my local consumer affairs - Consumer Affairs counsel contacted PRA with my complaint and requested proof of debt and within 2 weeks, PRA wort eback and "closed the case as an accomodation to the consumer"... If you KNOW the debt is truly not yours, there is no need to pay a lawyer to help you, contact your local BBB or consumer affairs group and file a complaint.

I agree, I recently received a statement and when I called to find out what it was about it was about something from 1997 - I asked for proof of the debt and he explnd that I could just pay the settlement offer. I explained that I wouldn't pay a penny until I received some type of documentation of what the debt even was. I will be pursuing the complaints with my attorney general -- craziness - I wonder how many people they get to pay?

W
Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Call your attorney general to make a complaint so this company will have to follow the law.Find your state statutes here:

Find your state attorney general here:

Your attorney general can make them stop illegally abusing not only YOU, but others like you: elderly people they like to intimidate, single mothers, veterans, anyone. Even when you owe a debt, there are laws they have to follow, and this company does not follow them. Report abuses to your attorney general!

I used to work for a sister company of theirs called IGS, out here in Vegas. If anyone would like a full disclosure of the practices they teach, and encourage, in their training, please feel free to email me. [email protected]

S
Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm

I agree, they are trying to collect a debt from my ex-husbands that goes back to 1984!
do not pay... just ignore them.

get a good nights sleep.. just ignore them.

a.. from indiana

C
Dec 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Thank you for sharing!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

104 complaints