Planet DVD Storefrauds!

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• St
    stacy May 17, 2009

Now things are all making sense. What a total let down, got DVD’s for mum’s birthday and no replies to return them. Looks like they are operating from different locations, china, Canada who knows? I am going to try the various numbers and will let you all know if I get any joy.

Martha May 14, 2009

I wish I had read this article first too. I ordered the "Daniel Boone" Series and I am having the same problems. These copies are not acceptable at all. No ordered system to let you know what you will be viewing. They play then there is no sound. They look like copies that have not been done by professionals at all. My husband does video projections and makes DVD's of our church services that are much better quality than these are. They packaging is in an old video case that has sides in it for the DVD's to rest in but they are hand numbered. I just spent $153.95 on this set, I am so mad I would love to get these people shut down. This is definitely false advertisement and consumer fraud. I did keep the shipping label and the whole address is in either Japanese or Chinese. It is imposiible to read. [email protected]

Kress del Rey May 13, 2009

I can't help wanting to share PlanetDVDStore's e-mails with the rest of you — they're so damned interesting!

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    Unfortunately, these defects are inherent in our copy of the Master DVDs, and as such replacement DVDs will not be able to rectify the issues you have brought up.
    We can also alternatively offer you a $30 discount off your next purchase from us?
    Please let us know what you think, thanks,
    Kathy
    Support Desk
    PlanetDVD Store

Wow! Disk 1 of my set was blank, and I told them that when they offered to replace my defective disks. So, what they're telling me is that their Disk 1 master is blank! Unbelievable!

• Ca
    Carlos May 13, 2009

Totally agree these people are crooks! I bought the Daria box set and it sucks! The color is horrible, the images are very blurry, and it skips frames. I have emailed them several times since there is no # to call and have gotten no response! I bought this for my wife thinking it would be a great gift and it SUCKS!!! I wish I would of seen this sight before I bought them! Now I wish the whole company to HELL!!!

Kress del Rey May 11, 2009

More on my own personal kerfuffle with PlanetDVDStore:
    Here is the latest e-mail I got from these folks, in answer to an earlier e-mail from them asking which disks I needed replaced.

Hi,
    Thanks for your e-mail.
    After checking with our production department, they have indicated that this is unfortunately the only Stoney Burke DVD Collection that we have available currently.
    Please kindly understand that an Official DVD Collection has never been released for this series and what you received was a Collectors/Fan Version.
    I have discussed your situation with my manager, and if you wish, we will be able to arrange for your order to be returned for a refund.
    Alternatively, we can also offer a $25 partial refund off your purchase price, as a sincere gesture of apology for this issue with your purchase.
    Please let us know what you think, thanks,
    Kathy
    Support Desk
    PlanetDVD Store

Amazing! They're offering to give me some sort of return address if I want to return the set. Unfortunately I don't, because Stoney Burke episodes are so hard to find. And offering a partial refund! Have they made these offers to anybody else? Well, as I said before, I'll believe it when I see it!

mark madruga May 11, 2009

Why doesnt McAfee change there site advisory to RED to warn others not to buy from this company. I too fell for there ad online and have been e-mailing them with my complaint regarding the quality of there dvd's I have yet to receive a responce. This to me is consumer fraud and action from both McAfee and the US government should be taken. I wrote to my congressman on this matter.

• Gg
    GGMye May 09, 2009

Well I received my Cheers DVDs yesterday and was pleased with the quality of the first DVD I tried until halfway through the second show. It froze up and wouldn't budge...then started flipping to other shows when I tried to unfreeze it. As I had googled them AFTER I ordered the DVDs, and came upon this site, I wasn't surprised. I take offence to people who post "what do we expect from pirated copies and cheap prices". As if ALL of us think of the "criminal element" out there when we are ordering off the internet. As the previous poster wrote, sometimes there are good deals on things. I NEVER order off the internet...this was the first time...so call me naive if you will, but I didn't even THINK of illegal pirated copies. I cancelled my credit card after reading that it was poor excuse for a company, so I don't know if I can get my money back. I may just consider this an expensive (170 dollar) lesson to check things out before ordering as there are so many people waiting to take advantage of those who just don't think about all the illegal goings on out there.

chloe_girl May 09, 2009

I to ordered sets from this company who I discovered on Amazon. Definitley not making Amazon a credible site to deal with. We ordered the complete series of High Chapparal and the series The Virginian. Hubby loves these series but we were very disappointed to find that they were copied from the TV. Would I have considered buying them if I had known this from the start, possibly, but it would be nice to be given the option and not misled. Quality is bad and sometimes you get the commercials. This company is not being upfront and honest and are totally commiting fraud by letting consumers believe they are purchasing legal recordings. My total bill was 212.28 USD
    For those of you that have made your first online purchase and been burned, please do not let these crooks sway you from purchasing from legitable online companies. I have been ordering online for years and normally do my homework on any company I purchase from. This is the first time that I have been burned. I did not find anything bad about Planetstore DVD until today and yes I will continue to order online but will investigate a little more thoroughly in the future. Because this company was on the Amazon site I felt safe. Never again!
    I am from Ontario Canada and would like to hear from more Canadians as to what they have found out. I am going to lodge complaints where ever I can. We need to put an end to these crooks and allow online e-commerce to continue with out fear of being burned for your efforts.

Vincente May 09, 2009

I can't see why studranger would think a company that regularly sends out defective and incomplete merchandise should be congratulated. I had no idea that their product is pirated and so bad. Sure, it was cheap, but one finds bargains that are in good condition. Also, the difficulty in reaching these people is anything but a "job well done." Anyway, I did finally get a refund, a credit on my Master-Card.
    The number I called was [protected]. It took a long time but I finally got to talk to someone, a very nice sounding lady named Aleisha. I have the feeling that she is employed by a billing agency and has nothing as such to do with PlanetDVD. Her email address is: [email protected] I hope this helps. I had to be really persistent and kept calling over and over, but in the end it paid off. So far they haven't given me any address to send the disks back to and I doubt the post office will return to sender in China, so there they sit, a constant reminder for "buyer beware!"

• St
    studranger May 07, 2009

well I got the complete gunsmoke episodes(635)-----( ALMOST)-discs were missing-i complained and they re-sent some episodes but im STILL missing discs 79-97---quality is from great to poor--some episodes freeze midway--some wont play -some say tv land--but as i told the wife=do you want to see it this way or NO way?-but for what i paid -providing i get the missing episodes--im satisfied--MOST play--occassionally you get a bad play--i estimate 90 percent are playable-BUT thats to be expected with bootlegged items--WHAT did you THINK you were getting for the price? considering many are not RELEASED in the USA?--HD quality?lol-you must have known that the price was too good to be true--as for ME!! im totally enthralled with the gunsmoke episodes that i have- that the greedy PARAMOUNT company releases in dribs n drabs--im seeing episodes that many of you will be dead before they release them---thank you planet!!! job well done!!

• Su
    Sue May 05, 2009

I agree totally. The DVD's I got are totally useless and obviously very cheaply copied in China. If anyone can find a way of getting hold of these "people" please let me know. I found this site via Amazon and I can't believe they know about this site and are still directing people there, why can't they stop it!

Kress del Rey May 04, 2009

Dear victims: HERE IS PLANETDVDSTORE'S PHONE NUMBER: [protected]. My bank turned that up for me. I called PlanetDVD (they answered!) and a polite young lady listened to my complaint and said that they would send me replacements for the bad disks (I'll believe that when I see it). Oddly, she said the replacement disks were from a different source and would be better than the originals, or something like that. Later, I got an e-mail from them asking me to confirm my phone complaint. Their customer service e-mail address is [email protected] I called my phone company to see if I could get a line on PlanetDVDStore's location and the operator advised me to call my local police, and to take to them some supporting evidence such as a printout of this page, the DVD set(s), and an indication that I tried to contact them and failed to get results, then bring charges. My local police turned this up, so far: that PlanetDVDStore seems to operate out of Richmond, British Columbia, and that the Vancouver, B.C., Better Business Bureau has had many complaints. So, we'll see if PlanetDVD makes good after that phone call and e-mail (I'm amazed that they actually followed up the phone call with an e-mail!). Let's go after them, kids -- life can be unhappy enough without that sort of unconcern for other people. Good luck!

• Mm
    mmark751969 May 04, 2009

I called the bank and got credited back my purchase money too. Thank you all for posting here. Page 2 and page 5 of this is where you find the phone numbers. Each time it just says 'we're helping other customers..please leave a message...' but you may actually get through to them. I called and got credited back before i recieved the product. But since it was the full series of gunsmoke(or claimed to be). I fiqured the chances of getting ripped were pretty high. Thanks again for complaintsboard and i hope the feds shut these guys down.

Vincente May 04, 2009

Well, if this is a church it is the Church of Satan.
    Don't despair, however, I am hot on the trail and even talked with a real person on the phone this morning who said I would get a refund. I'll let you know what happens and give any info that will be helpful.

• Er
    Errol Wilks May 04, 2009

Well I wish I had this resource prior to buying from these people. I got the shaft with my order. My DVD's of IT TAKES A THIEF were taped from TV Land with commercials to boot. I am very angry.

james zuehl May 02, 2009

My son tried to get "Hawaii Five-O" for me for Father's day. They and or the credit card company, track the phone number to some church with nuns in Canada. I believe he ended up eating the cost.

Vincente Apr 30, 2009

I called my credit card co. Here's what they said to do. Mail back the merchandise as "Return to Sender, " get a post office receipt with date and if a refund has not been made within 30 days of that date, contact the credit card co. and they will credit the account and debit the merchant.
    Also, in Canada, the number to call to complain is [protected] (Consumer Protection).

Vincente Apr 30, 2009

I wish I had read these complaints before I ordered The Fugitive complete TV series. I thought it would be a legitimate product, but surely it is pirated junk from China. Who are these scammers anyway? I would gladly be part of a lawsuit, but since I am here in Canada, it might not be possible. Anyway, good luck, and pass the word: NEVER BUY FROM THIS GROUP OF CROOKS.

Musigalpati Apr 29, 2009

I've already reported them to www.ic3.com (Gov't Internet Fraud Agency), and received a full credit to my account from my bank after reporting this fraud to them (which blew me away, as my bank isn't typically "customer service oriented"!) I also contacted the local news station's "7 on your side" to report this to Michael Finney, who ALWAYS gets his man! Now I'll visit the MPAA.org & report 'em again! Sweet justice seems to be working out on this end, so good luck to you all...save all your documents/e-mails/shipping labels, etc., as they might need copies in order to pursue charges against these idiots!

• Bi
    billy moton Apr 28, 2009

i had order a different world the complete series and watch 3 shows of it then when i got to the 4th show it stop and the middle of the show and would not play so i check other shows and it would not play orwould not come on at all and some of the shows iwill start to watch will have the ending i do not know about anybody else but i am taking legal action and i am going to talk to some peoples in the media about this cramp

• Cd
    C.D.P. Apr 27, 2009

I just got ripped off by these crooks too. I ordered the complete Little House on the Prairie set and got the pirated copies from China. These crooks never responded to any of my several emails. The DVD's I received cost more than $100.oo, and are TERRIBLE quality and many will not even play! Here is the place to turn these crooks over to the proper authorities (this place is in partnership with the FBI. Fill out a complaints here and TURN THESE CROOKS IN!!! Here is the url:

• Tr
    traveler_26 Apr 24, 2009

Well, now I know why they haven't responded to my inquiries. I really wish I would have googled them first. Funny, I told a friend to do that when he was interested in buying a camera, but didn't think to do it for myself. I'll talk with my credit card company now and see what I can do. Thank you to all who have posted their complaints and confirmed my doubts about my order and the company.

musichead Apr 23, 2009

One more thing...

My credit card company felt that the company was so sleezy, they replaced my credit card with a new one.

musichead Apr 23, 2009

HI Guys,

I read your complaints, refused the package and stopped the credit card charge. Thanks for the heads up!!

Now to help all of you.

They contacted me via telephone to verify that I didn't want it, stopped payment and refused the package. THEY"RE TELEPHONE NUMBER IS:

[protected]

or at least that was the number they called me from. Area Code 647 is Ontario, CANADA

• Ni
    Nicholas Apr 21, 2009

I have the same experience to buy a set of DVD of "7th Heaven" from PlanetDVD store. It took about 3 to 4 week for me to get the set. However, once I got it, I found that it was a copy cat from China and it is not complete set. And some DVDs can not play.

• Eb
    Ebagin Apr 20, 2009

I bought the Murder, She Wrote complete dvd set along with the movie episodes that Angela Lansbury played it. The dvds are taped from the television and were not what I expected. The quality is poor and there is a dvd in there that doesn't even belong. It's called Murder, She Purred and has nothing to do with Jessica Fletcher. I am very disappointed in the service. I have sent a few complaint emails and never got a response. I really wished I had have emailed the website before I bought these dvds. Now I think I am stuck and won't be able to get my money back. I think something should be done about this.

• Jn
    J. Norman Apr 20, 2009

I ordered the Little House series, I should have known better, when it was so much cheaper than the stores.
    I have not received them, they did send me an email two weeks after the fact saying it was shipped, but when I emailed them back and asked the shipping date they have not responded.
    I tried calling the phone number that is on my bank statment along with their charge, and surprise it's no good.
    I filed a dispute with my bank, hopefully I will get what I paid them charged back.

• Sy
    sykora Apr 20, 2009

I ordered the box set of Goosebumps around the middle of March and still have not received anything. I have contacted them by email 3 times and no response. I have checked the status of the order and it still states "processed". This is a COMPLETE SCAM and I really wish that I had found this site before I ordered anything. The good news is I called my bank and explained the situation to them and they were able to get the money back in my account! You all should be able to get your money back!

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE THIEFS!!!

• Fr
    Fred fm Oak Harbor, Wa Apr 19, 2009

THANK YOU, Folks, for the warnings. My heart leaped when I saw I could get the entire collection of Dark Shadows, brand new pristine episodes ready to ship, rock bottom price. But the Mrs, a cautious sort, grabbed the credit card and insisted I do some research first. THANK YOU for having this info where I could find it. I guess it's back to the high priced mall outlets, where at least there's a nose ringed green haired emo teenager I can complain to if something goes wrong. THANKS AGAIN, FOLKS, and my DEEPEST SYMPATHIES to you. GOOD LUCK.

sam1137 Apr 18, 2009

Here is another in a long line... I did make attempts to check Planet DVD Store out prior to ordering and somehow...never came across this page... yes... if it sounds too good to be true... IT USUALLY IS...! My order was placed on March 21 2009 and we are coming up to the 1 month anniversary... of haven't received... NOTHING...!!! No replies to emails either of course... I did leave a bit of room for this possibility...but it stills STINGS...!!! Absolutely SHAMELESS 'company'... RUN A &^%$##!!! MILE!!!

• Gm
    gmm Apr 18, 2009

Ordered Cheers and Wings on Apr 13, on Apr 15 got an email saying my card had been declined. Thinking the email pertained to BOTH orders, I went on to the site and reordered both again. Then a few minutes later I got another email saying the Cheers DVDs HAD been processed and would be shipped shortly. For some reason, I then decided to Google the company and started reading all the horror stories. I was upset that now I was going to be getting charged for Wings and TWO Cheers DVDs and it didn't sound like I would be able to contact anyone to cancel. I called my Credit Card co. that minute and they said a charge for 170 (Cheers) had already gone through. (I put the wrong expiry date on the Wings order which is why it was declined). I had them cancel my card immediately and hoped that the latest two orders would also be declined! On the 16th I got a call from a Brenda telling me that my card had been declined on the Wings set I ordered on the 13th. I politely told her to cancel my order as I had heard nothing good about PlanetDVD. Whew. That night I got an email saying that the 2nd Wings I had ordered had been declined. Whew again. Today she called me again saying that the 2nd Cheers order had been declined and I told her to cancel this order too. So I was charged 170 for the first Cheers DVD set which will probably never come, or if it does, will be poor quality. I might fight the charge at that time, but will probably just consider this an expensive lesson. Brenda's # is [protected]. She sounded very sullen. Guess when you make your living ripping people off, you aren't really a happy person. Good luck.

• As
    as1 Apr 16, 2009

I got scamed by them too. I had to go to my bank and cancel my card and get a new one then I went to my local police dept and had them look into it this.The person or persons that are running this scam are from British Coloumbia and when you call the number that goes through your acc. (which is a different name than where we ordered from and the answer machine also then gives you a different name.) It tells you to leave name, number, invoice number, and the reason for your call and they say they will get back to you don't hold your breath they don't but the police officer also called left his name and number with my invoice number and told them to call him back or actions were going to be taken. We'll a week later the money was put back into my account. So maybe you guys can try that and hopefully get your money back also.

• Pa
    Pam Apr 15, 2009

I also foll0wed a link from Amazon and horrified to receive crappy fake recordings direct from China slung in an old video box with a poorly photocopied cover. I'm very cautious about online purchasing but because I found them through Amazon I assumed they must be genuine. I've just thrown $400 down the drain. This is the first time I've ever purchased dvd's on line - and the last.

If I could afford to take legal action I would but, like most others I guess, will just have to learn from bitter experience NEVER to order online again. Luckily I paid by credit card so I'm hoping something can be done to recoup some of the expense perhaps.

I wonder if Amazon realise how much potential business this will cost them too as people like me can't afford to take the risk again.

cholley Apr 14, 2009

I agree with all of the cmments because I too was ripped off and have not found anyway to contact them. They are crooks and something sould be done. cholley of texas

• Je
    jennie1963 Apr 13, 2009

the e-mail address and phone no are from another compony i called this no and was toldthat this was dvd planet not the pl dvd store was told to contact cr card co and the atterny general and the bbb...

• Jm
    JMay9907 Apr 11, 2009

I ordered third watch form this company and have already been charged for it and it has been deducted from my checking account and I haven't ever recived the dvd's I orderd. I have tried e-mailing them and they won't return my e-mails, in fact I had a notice that said failure to send email that the email adddress had been disconnected. Is there any way to get a class action lawsuit stared againest this company for all of those who have lost their money.

JACK THE RAPER Apr 09, 2009

I BOUGHT FROM THIS ONE SITE WHO IT SEEMD REAL AND THEY SAID MOST WITHIN THE 36 HOURS SHIPPED ANRD THEY CHARGE ME AN ADDDED FEE INTERNATIONAL AND THEN THE $24.95. SO I CALLED MY BANK AND SAID THEY ARE FAKE AND THEY REFUNDED MY ENTIRE AMOUNT THE FEES AND THE pOSTAGE THE dvd WAS DAMAGED NIUMBER 15 AND NBO RETURNS THEY SAID WITHIN THE FIVE DAYS NCE I FGOT IT I CONTACTED THEM AND THEY SAID TO REMOVE SPAM ETC I DID AND NEVER GOT A DSI SINGLE REPLY NO REPLIES FROM YTHEM THEY ARE FRAIUD THE DVD STUNK TO HIGH HEACVEN AND HELL AND IT LOOKED REAL BUT THE SOUND THE PIOOCURE VIDEO IS BAD POOR CONDITION POOR QUALITY I GOT A REAL REFUND AND GOT BACK AT THEM AND YOU SHOULD ALL DO THE SAME GO AND DO A chargeback wiuuth in the 60 fdays and get a rtefund do n

• Mi
    Mindi520 Apr 09, 2009

I wished I would have seen this page before I ordered from them. According to them, my order was shipped a month ago. There is no 800# to call and they will not return any emails. I sure hope they scam a really good lawyer and get their ### handed to them!

• Je
    Jen Poets Apr 07, 2009

I wish I'd been smart enough to look here first. I ordered the complete series of Seventh Heaven as a gift for someone and now I'm regretting it. I paid $220 and and thought it was a great deal... This is disgusting that they cn do this and get away with it. Something needs to be done about it.

MadasHell Apr 07, 2009

I did a little snooping and found out that www.PlanetDVDStore.com (ip address 65.60.10.100) is being hosted by a company in Chicago called SingleHop, Inc. www.singlehop.com.

Their address is 223 West Jackson Street, Suite 1014 Chicago, IL 60606 USA. Their phone number is [protected] (US).

They have an email address for abuse complaints - [email protected]

I chatted with one of their people online and they say any complaints need to be expressed in terms of the DMCA:

I'm sure if they hear enough complaints something will be done.

Also, dispute the charge with your credit card company and they will refund your money for you - mine did.