Complaints & Reviews

orders disappear into black hole

Orders placed with Movie Mars disappear due to poor interface with PayPal, which handles payments. Example: placed order, received email acknowledgement, but as of two weeks later, nothing received from Movie Mars. Called MM, they admitted to problems with PayPal: apparently, PayPal accepted my money, but MM wasn't aware of the order. MM was reasonable, processed refund. Bottom line is, if customers want products, should order from someone other than Movie Mars, at least until its interface with PayPal becomes dependable.

dvd with wrong continent code, refused to exchange

I ordered a DVD 'Gimme Danger' from Movie Mars through Amazon in late January of 2019, and it arrived in the mail within 2 weeks. It was the wrong coded DVD though, for region 2. I tried to play it on two old DVD players and it would not play. I'm not aware of them advertising which region it was coded for. Instead of returning it right away, I decided to wait until I invested in a new Blu Ray DVD player from Best Buy, where their salesman told me that the new DVD might probably play on that one. It was a few more weeks, however, before I could come up with the money for the new player, which was purchased about 3 weeks ago. This DVD from Movie Mars still would not play for me, and earlier this week, I contacted Movie Mars and asked for an exchange for the properly coded DVD. They refused because of the 'age' of the order (I didn't do it within the thirty days). I explained that I gave them extra time to get the new DVD player and save sending it back, but they still refused. I thought I was doing them a favor or giving them a break by waiting for the third player, but I was wrong. Since then, I've seen 121 total negative 'one star out of five' reviews for customer service on this one website, and 7 negative reviews on the Better Business Bureau website. I've filed my own complaints on both. I extended them some courtesy, but they won't do the same for me, and I won't be dealing with them anymore. All I want it to just EXCHANGE this DVD for one that will play.
Ordered on January 19, 2019 Order# [protected] Amazon.com

movie mars.INC — Credit card fraud

Sir, transaction of $93.99 usd, use to user transaction id 7yr74409mm409554g, credit card transaction id 3875115002422705j is fraud transactions done on my card ending 6835. the...

Defective or Pirated Product

Movie Mars Order/Tracking Number Is: [protected] I purchased a DVD of The Best Years of Our Lives and the second time I played it a message appeared on my DVD player saying that it...

moviemarsgive me a fefund

i was on ebay recently a bought an dvd i was looking for from moviemars. After i submitted payment, the next day i received an email saying" The item listed below is temporarily delayed, but we anticipate shipping it in the next 1-3 days, and you will be notified the moment it has shipped. In the unlikely event your item should experience further delay, you will be notified again. Inventory errors/issues are rare but can occur and we apologize for the delay.

Realizing delivery time is sometimes critical, we'd like to immediately extend the option to cancel and receive a full refund (including shipping) for the item listed above should you be unwilling or unable to wait. Please be aware that refunds will only be provided for items that have not shipped at the time the refund is processed.

You will not be asked for any personal, financial or identity information.
You may also leave comments regarding your refund request if you wish.

If you're content to wait, you need do nothing further. All orders are worked continuously until they are either fulfilled or refunded at the customer's request, and you will receive additional status updates regarding your order.

For questions or other concerns regarding your order, please visit our help page.
If you need further assistance, simply reply to this email and a customer service representative will happily assist you.

Thank you for your business!

MovieMars.com

now i didnt think much of it since accidents happen so i waited 3 days with no word i sent them a response saying"just wondering when im going to get my package" with in an hour i got a reply saying"Hi,
I’m truly sorry for the trouble with your order.

It has not shipped due to an error in our warehouse. Our stock numbers
showed we had the item on hand but there were actually none in the
warehouse. As such, we've been attempting to get it daily from our
suppliers without success. Our system will automatically refund any
unshipped items after a few weeks or you can request a refund at anytime
should you no longer wish to wait.

I apologize for the inconvenience our error has caused.

---------------
Shea
Customer Service Representative

Movie Mars, Inc.
1113 Technology Drive |Suite A
Indian Trail | North Carolina | 28079
www.moviemars.com

After i got that i decied to do a little research and found that these people are scammers that either dont ship at all or ship a broken or wrong item" so i requested a refund through there website and sent them an email saying i did and i got this response."Hi,
I’m truly sorry for the trouble with your order.

It has not shipped due to an error in our warehouse. Our stock numbers
showed we had the item on hand but there were actually none in the
warehouse. As such, we've been attempting to get it daily from our
suppliers without success. Our system will automatically refund any
unshipped items after a few weeks or you can request a refund at anytime
should you no longer wish to wait.

I apologize for the inconvenience our error has caused.

---------------
Shea
Customer Service Representative

Movie Mars, Inc.
1113 Technology Drive |Suite A
Indian Trail | North Carolina | 28079
www.moviemars.com

looks familiar its the same message. so i decided to write this and send it to them and se what that does

• Mo
    Moviemars, Inc. May 26, 2010

North Carolina based Movie Mars has come a long way from it's inception and we want you to give us another look! We're putting customer service at the forefront. We have unbeatable prices and fast shipping. If there is a problem with your order we will correct it. You can reach us at 1-800-213-8334 between 7 am and 4 pm M-F.

• Je
    Jennifer32 Dec 28, 2010

I too placed an order for a dvd through Amazon.com from Moviemars and today I got an email stating movie mars hasn't confirmed my order and so my credit card will not be charged but it has been charged! I am so frustrated and peeved about this!

MaxofOzz Jan 31, 2011

I've been dealing with North Carolina based Movie Mars now for over three years. Until last weekend I would give them my highest recommendation. Recently a faulty disc was replaced and even my overseas postage costs were refunded upon the disc's return. What more could you ask. As of the last three days, I have been trying unsuccessfully to purchase two boxed sets of DVD's from them. Everything works fine until the last button confirming payment using PayPal. A page opens saying an error has occurred on their site and they advise payment by credit card. As I trust PayPal to safeguard my internet transactions, I'm wondering if the company might be in some sort of trouble and PayPal has stopped payments to Movie Mars. Just a thought, but I'll be phoning PayPal tomorrow and sort out just what is going on. I've also sent three emails requesting answers from Movie Mars about the site problem, however they have strangely gone unanswered. Very disturbing I must say. I truely hope it's only a useless webmaster's mistake & the problem is repaired quickly.

• Ms
    msmichellelynn Mar 03, 2011

I recently made a purchase from MovieMars via Amazon.com. The item was an SACD Box set which was supposed to be new. What I received was a damaged box ... not only on the outside but also on the inside of the box. The item was obviously previously used. One of the discs was damaged and skipped terribly. Packaging was flimsy bubble wrap. The item was not even boxed and all corners of the box set box were damaged ... likely during delivery. Upon contacting MovieMars I received only a form letter. My questions and concerns were not addressed. I then did a search of MovieMars and found some rather disturbing information from many who have had bad experiences with purchases and with returns. Several wrote that they had returned items for exchange or refund and received no exchange and/or no refund. I have also written to Amazon about this. At this time I am reluctant to return my item as I fear the same fate will happen to me. Both MovieMars and Amazon have lost me as a customer.

• Wr
    W.R. Presler Oct 14, 2011

URGENT
    Re: DVD Box Set entitled "You Rang M'Lord" #290614874706
    We rec'd above order but unfortunately the DVD set is issued in the PAL system for the UK and Europe - it cannot be played in the USA. Please send us the correct DVD and provide return address. If the correct DVD is not available, please issue refund plus return shipping charges. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
    W. R. Presler
    [email protected]

Movie Mars.com — Awful company

I ordered a CD from MOVIEMARS.com through Amazon.com on March 9, 2009 I was sent an email letting me know it was shipped out on [protected] as of [protected] I still have not received...