Complaints & Reviews

grooming traumatized my puppy

my 10 week old bichon was handed over to petsmart in puyallup taken to the back and when I picked her up she...

wrongful dismissal

I was injured on the job at petsmart. Received wsib for 2 claims. 1 doctor out of 3 said I could return to...

unfair treatment

I am a trainer and went to Petsmart to help one of MY students find the proper collar type. I was told I was 'training" in the store and escorted out on Saturday May 17, 2008 in front of 50 plus customers and my student.
They could not produce the business cards that were supposedly scattered throughout the store.
Their district Manager and the 3 customer service people I dealt with in the last two weeks were the rudest, most uncaring people I have ever had to deal with.
I am not associating myself with them any more (after 20 years if using them) and telling all my frieneds about the situation.

• Ab
    absdefg Jun 22, 2009

i don, t thinck anyone should shop at pet smart ever again after what they are doing to animals no if i was president i would have to go to every single store and talck to some costomers and ask them if the store is doing fine and if not close down and if it is running smoothly then i would give them a reward.

denied service and care for cats!

One week ago, my husband and I were informed that our apartment building needed to be sprayed for pests. So...

petsmart groomer dislocated my dog's left shoulder

Pets smart groomer dislocated our 6month old toy poodle's left shoulder and pulled ligaments. Maggie has been in body case for 7 days. Today she is now limping a week after body case removed. Vet has stated our puppy will now live with this injury for the rest of her life. She limps always and tires easy. My husband and I are retired and are just devastated by what has happened to our baby. We have let everyone we know what has happened, everyone is so angry to hear this. We want pets smart to come forward. They have ruined our puppy's life. We are on a fixed income and can NOT afford to pay all these vet bills.

hambone 49 Mar 11, 2009

My dog's shoulder was dislocated at Banfield Pet Hospital during a routine examination, which I assume happened while restraining him for an x-ray. They put the shoulder back into place the follwoing day, and I'm waiting a couple more days to bring him back for a follow-up to a different location. I spent most of the past weekend filing complaints with all the related bureaus, and received a call from one of their regional managers about the complaint that I e-mailed their CEO. I made it very clear to her that my wife and I will take this case to court and we will sue for the damages and any out of pocket expenses we're going to have to get this taken care of. From what I've seen on line, they don't train their people properly and that's why these things happen. Did you ever get any type of satisfaction from them? I'm sorry to here about what happened to your dog.

scam and fraud!

On Sat March 22 2008, I took my 2 lb Male Tea Cup Yorkie there to be groomed for Easter, To be honest he wa...

lack of concern!

My dog was boarded at Brea, CA PetsMart for a couple days while I went away with my husband for his birthday. Second day we were gone we received a call about our dog. He was injured during play time, and it was not an emergency.
When we went to get him, he could not walk on his hind right leg, the vet says he has torn is meniscus and possibly has a hip fracture. My dog is a pure bred Golden Retriever and is in pain all the time. He has to go to a doggie orthopedist for surgery. Petsmart says that they are not liable for my dogs injuries and it was just an "accident". Fair enough accidents happens but it was on their property and 2 other dogs helped to cause the accident.

My 15 month old dog will never walk properly again and will probably never be able to go to the dog park or play like a golden should. I will sue them if need be, they need to do the right thing and cover my pets medical expenses completely.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 30, 2007

Did you sign a contract with them? Does it say they are responsible for accidents and/or liable for the pet's injuries? Do you have a list of what they are responsible for?

If you did sign a contract and it states that they aren't responsible it will be hard to do anything.

If the above doesn't apply, you may need to talk to the store manager/owner and/or their corporate head office to see if they will pay for the medical expenses.

Pablo

• Je
    Jeanette & Ted Brunot Jul 13, 2008

Have you had any other problems with PetsMart? We have just paid close to 3k taking care of our Chow mix for an ACL incident. Our dog Sandee walked in on four and could not walk out on all four upon picking up from the Groomer at PetsMart. Our dog is close to 13 years old and did not race around like a puppy any more due to arthritis in one hip. However, she could go up and down the stairs several times a day and play catch and keep away, walk to the park and several blocks around the neighborhood. The corporate office in Portland stated she had a pre-existing condition. How does an ACL tear relate to hip.

Tell me more about your out come since Dec '07, as it is now July '08.

Sandy W. Dec 08, 2009

Petsmart groomers suck. Brought my maltese and yorkie and paid $112.00, which was supposed to include the "extras" they promise you for $16.oo. When I picked them up my maltese looked the same, just smelled a little better and his face was clipped. However, he was barely cut (and I requested the puppy cut) and what was cut was all choppy; his butt was not shaved, the hair was not removed from inbetween his paws or his ears. The extra we paid for should have included a scarf, pumpkin scent cologne and a goody bag with greenies and coupons. Upon picking them up, none of this was done and they failed to give me the goody bag until I requested it. When I got home I called the manager, and his lack of concern just floored me. Petsmart supposedly prides themselves on putting pets first and he just brushed it off telling me that it was all just an oversight by not giving me the bag and stuff, and as far as my maltese getting a "puppy cut" - there is no such thing (as if; he gets it done at the vets office). How can they get away with, first of all, charging you more than enough to groom, then adding $16.00 for things they don't even do! It was against my better judgement to bring them there in the first place, but their groomer at the vets office was overbooked and they desperately needed to be groomed. I'll say this, never, ever, never again will I bring my babies there. Take my advice... if you are considering going there for grooming, don't. You will be sorry! This all happened at the Covington, LA. store (FYI). I am still so angry with all of this and I will not let it go until I contact someone at the corporate office.

• Lo
    Love My Animals Apr 23, 2012

I will not shop at Petsmart in Covington as well. Not with groomers, but with the manager, who as previously mentioned, not only could care less but has an attitude when a customer verbalizes a concern/complaint. I asked if the canaries for sale were bred locally. No one could/would give me an answer. Also when I checked out, I was double charged for several items. Upon bringing the receipt to managers attention he proceeded to "quiz" me like I had done something wrong for questioning the total. I had bought over $200.00 worth of merchandise; but with his manner, I simply returned every last thing I has bought. And will never go there again despite I live less than 2mles from it. The drive elsewhere is worth it.

sick fish

Do not get fish from Petsmart, they are SICK! I bought two fish from Petsmart to add to my well established...

how many more dogs need to die because of their lack of knowledge as a vet hospital?

I took my dog of 14 years to Petsmart Banfield Hospital due to my dog not feeling very well due to a tumor she has had for 2 years.

After the doctor at Banfield Hospital, Examined Kesha with Blood and UltraSound Kesha was given many pain medications and tumor medication as well as a shot given to her at the office prior to me picking her up at 5:00 p. m.

By 9:00 that evening my dog that was fully in okay health walking, eating, barking a normal dog at 14 years old was now no longer able to even walk, eating, or even drinking water. My dog went from being okay to now on her death bed.

Within 12 hours, I had to put my dog down. I know for a fact it was because of the medication that was given to my dog that made her system fail. Banfield Hospital needs to be shut down.

How many more dogs need to die because of their lack of knowledge as a Vet Hospital.

• Ju
    JUDI M May 02, 2009

I AHD NO PROBLEM WITH BANFIELD HOSPITAL FOR MY DOGS IN BOSTON AND NEW JESERY, BUT WHEN I CAME TO ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO I HAVE ONLY (ONE) TIME ACTUALLY SEEN A VET WITH MY YORKIE. I HAVE REQUESTED TRANSFERS TO OTHER BANFIELD VET HOSPITALS IN THE AREA AND THE SAME THING???
    I REQUESTED 2X TO BE WITH MY YORKIE WHEN SHE HAD HER EXAM AND SHOTS AND WAITED 3 HOURS WITH A SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT AND HARDLY ANY BODY WAITING BESIDE EXCEPT A FEW WALK INS AND THEY WERE SEEN BEFORE ME SO AFTER THE 3 HOURS I WALKED OUT AND GAVE UP.
    I AM SO DIAPPOINTED WITH THEM AND THE POOR PROFESSIONALISM. AND TRY AND GET OUT OF YOUR ANNUAL CONTRACT(WHICH I WAS NOT EVEN AWARE OF) I MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE AND WAS GOING TO SELECT SOME PLACE ELSE AND BANFIELD SEND DUE TO BREECH OF CONTRACT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE REST OF YOUR YEAR'S ACCOUNT MONTHLY FEES IN FULL. I WAS FLABBER-GASTED!!! I SAQID IF MY PET DIED OR WE COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER BANFIELD YOU WOULD MAKE ME PAY FOR SERVICES NOT RENDERED AND ALMOST A YEAR'S BILL OF MONTHLY FEES???? THEY SAID YES.
    ALSO MY YORKIE NEVER HAD A HAIR LOSS ISSUE AND NOW ACCORDING TO THE "ASSISTANT(A HIGH SCHOOL AIDE) MY DOG HAS HAD A "COMMON" INJECTION REACTION ON HER HIP AREA WHICH IS HAIR LOSS THEY SAID, VERY COMMON. I SAID I HAVE DOGS ALL MY LIFE AND NEVER HEARD OF THIS REACTION. IT GETS BIGGER AND BIGGER EACH YEAR I TAKE HER IT WENT FROM A DIME SIZE TO A HALF DOLLAR SIZE. AND LOOKS AWFUL!!!
    I HAVE TRIED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS BUT I CAN'T FIND ANYONE KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT SUCH A REACTION-SHE NEVER HAD IT BEFORE BANFIELS IN OTHER STATES JUST HERE IN GEORGIA. I PLAN TO TAKE MY LOVE BUG TO ANOTHER VET FOR THAT INJECTION SINCE I STILL AM UNDER CONTRACT I WILL DO THE ANNUAL BUT LET MY CONTRACT RUN OUT I THINK.

• insideman Jun 28, 2009

Just put your plan to not-renewing, it wont start a new plan after you're up. And the thing on her hip is called rabies site vasculitis--a common reaction in small breed dogs to the ft. dodge rabies vaccine because it is a terrible product

• K1
    K1089 Dec 22, 2009

I'm sorry this happened to your doggie :(. I would try getting referrals from friends if you get another dog.

• Sh
    Sharlly Mar 29, 2010

I have found I hope a place to express my complaint about this hospital in Columbia, Md. I brought my cat in because he had a bladder infection, he was not urinating normally for 3 days . The vet said he had to do all kinds of tests on him because his bladder could have burst. I said he did not show any signs of pain, but he scared me into administering all these tests on him to make sure his bladder had not ruptured. To the tune of $775.00 later he said it was just a bladder infection. I knew this all along but his scare tactics worked and I was out of $775.00. I will never put my foot in that door again. I feel I was conned and mislead and taken advantage of. Just a warning find a good vet . I am looking into one in Fulton, Md. that was referred to me by a church.

• We
    Wendy All Recipes Password Buster Anna Aug 30, 2012

I took my dog infor x ray at 7:00 am, and they told us he should be done about 4:30. We call they said he was ready tone picked up, and after writing 15 to 20 min. They bring him out, and I how were the X-rays? She said oh, he has some arthritis. On the way homie am looking at our $600, 00 bill, and we get a call asking if we could bring him back in for X-rays. I am beside myself with anger. My other dog died 6 months earlier with a bad heart, which doesn't make sense because he was on their wellness plan.

fixed contests

went to petsmart for a halloween contest in manchester n. h. on south willow st. oct.23 6-8pm. on arriving shortly after we were told all to walk our pets around the store in a parade so their costumes could be judged. I was rudely insulted when at the last minute a dog showed up wearing the same costume as my pet. keep in mind this dog was not in the parade came out of nowhere and won the contest in no less then 2 minutes. I was discriminated with no shame. your employees were the judges of coarse. NOT THE PEOPLE I felt it was all set up and the winners were relatives of the employee JUDGES. Ive been to other contest were the PEOPLE VOTE not the employees that way it keeps it from being DISCRIMATORY towards anyone. I now will take my buisness elsewhere. this will be the last time PETSMART DISCRIMINATES ME

• Di
    diana lavertu Oct 23, 2007

I went to petsmart for a halloween contest in manchester n.h. on south willow st. oct.23 6-8pm. on arriving shortly after we were told all to walk our pets around the store in a parade so their costumes could be judged. I was rudely insulted when at the last minute a dog showed up wearing the same costume as my pet. keep in mind this dog was not in the parade came out of nowhere and won the contest in no less then 2 minutes. I was discriminated with no shame. your employees were the judges of coarse. NOT THE PEOPLE I felt it was all set up and the winners were relatives of the employee JUDGES. Ive been to other contest were the PEOPLE VOTE not the employees that way it keeps it from being DISCRIMATORY towards anyone. I now will take my buisness elsewhere. this will be the last time PETSMART DISCRIMINATES ME.

• Do
    Dont need to know Nov 27, 2007

Are you serious? that is the stupidest thing I ever heard its a fricking contest no big deal. Can I tell you what you are you are a person who is obsessed with their pet get over it.

danni Dec 08, 2007

Yeah, the prize for those contests are like $10 gift cards! oh my god... is it really that big of a deal? Did you ever think that maybe, even though the other dog was in the same costume, that maybe that dog looked cuter in it. Also, I've been to those contests before and just because you aren't there for the parade doesn't mean you can't be in the contest! That's why they hold it from 6-8 pm, so people can come whenever they feel like it. You can show up whenever you want!

Marie Sullivan Dec 17, 2007

I was there that day and I know for a fact that you were fairly compensated for your whining and complaining. It was meant for a fun activity not cut throat competition.

• Me
    Megan Rhodes Jan 24, 2008

How sad does your life have to be when you get this pissed off over losing a dog Halloween contest??? Did it ever occur to you that maybe your dog just wasn't that cute?

• Is
    islilme23 Feb 20, 2008

OK, that's ridiculous. For one thing, it's not even a professional contest. It's just for fun. And it's people like this that take all the fun out of it. And do you know for a fact that they were related or was that all in your head like everything else. Stop taking yourself so seriously, take that stick out of your rear and just relax. Have some fun. Besides, that other dog was probably cuter.

Jojo Aug 06, 2008

boo hoo, your dog is ugly

• Ms
    mstengel Aug 13, 2008

this is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

• Mo
    MonicaP Jul 17, 2009

HAHAHAHa, Are you kidding me? The other owner had the NERVES to Show up with a dog wearing the same Costume? SOMEONE call the president... serious crime being committed. This can not be a serious compliant. How old are you? What was the prize you would have won? A coupon book or a free handkerchief? It was just for fun. GET OVER IT. This can not be for real.

hautegoddess Aug 24, 2009

To quote Mr. Krabs of the Krusty Krab "Let me play you a sad song on the world's smallest violin. No, really - it's the world's smallest violin."

poor service!

I was recently in a Canadian petsmart store, that has apparently taken over all the Canadian owned SuperPets that I used to shop at. The food I have had my dog on for over 6 years is now not carried because of the buy-out by PetSmart. The breeds of birds are no longer available because PetSmart only uses certain breeders. Some of the staff was the same, but I was told that a lot of them had already quit because of how PetSmart treats their own employees. Others had already been fired! It has upset me greatly to see employees who worked for SuperPet for years, whom I have personally dealt with, have to leave their job because this American company has put so many demands of them. One staff member was telling me that any one who works on cash, must get 65% of the customers that come through to sign up for these "pet perks cards" if they don't get their mandatory 65% then PetSmart can fire them! How absolutely ridiculous this is... and this is just one of many things I found out about what this company expects from its employees. I will not shop at this Company ever again, which I must say is very sad since I actually had a personal relationship with some of the staff while it was SuperPet. What a shame that this Canadian owned SuperPet chain sold out to a American owned PetSmart company that cares nothing about their staff or customers.

danni Dec 08, 2007

I can tell you for a fact that it takes alot more to fire an employee than not getting 65% of their customers to sign up for PetPerks. There is a whole write up and warning process, just like any other business. Also, from the way you talk about it... why does it matter that PetSmart is an AMERICAN company???

• Ry
    Ryan Feb 12, 2008

As a cashier for PetSmart, personally I can 100% disagree with you here. This company has been one of the best I have worked for and they treat everyone in my store great! The managers are nice and friendly, and the store manager is probably the nicest and jokes the most. I have many personal experiences in which I can vouch for PetSmart. And let me tell you, what is this nonsense of having 65% of customers sign up for PetPerks??? Never heard of that, but let me say that I probably only issue 2-3 PetPerks a day...nowhere near 65%. So, maybe things are different up in Canada, but down here in the US, PetSmart is a great place to work!

• Is
    islilme23 Feb 20, 2008

From a person actually in it, and not a person listening to discruntled former employees, I can tell you that Petsmart is a wonderful place to work. I've never heard of any of the guidelines and procedures you talk about. Maybe some of the people who were fired needed to be. Petsmart has a really high standard in safety and if anyone comprimises that they need to go. Sorry you disagree because you can't get birds you like or food your dog eats. You're an outsider who should judge the source of info. And if you choose not to shop there then please don't. I personally hate dealing with people who have already made up there minds and don't like to look at facts.

• Ki
    kim Aug 08, 2008

I work for the petcare department and I've had no problems. It takes to work the job to know it and you don't know it. Maybe that store is rubbish, but most managers -or atleast mine- keep you after 3 write ups. I don't know what your source is smokin, but its makin them ###ed.

petsmart - not smart about customer service

This company is all about profits, no customer service values or
healthy outlook towards pets. Today I used a manufacture coupon at my local Petsmart location and I was asked to pay the taxes on a free bag. I have never heard of or seen anything so tacky and in such poor taste in all of my life! This
gave me a really low impression of Petsmart. This was just embarrassing! I take manufacture coupons at my work all the time and I do not ask my guests to cover the taxes. As well I have used coupons before at smaller pet food retailers (Bosley's, Save-On-Foods, to name a couple) and this has never occurred there, so why at a larger chain where one expects to be treated better?? This just reinforces the idea that larger chains are all about profits and not about customer service! And no, there was no such fine print on this coupon - the coupon said it would cover up to a certain amount and that amount would have covered the taxes I had to pay! And on top of it all the cashier was rude and pushy about it and was angry with me for giving my other coupon to one of their other customers!

Here was their official reply:

Dear (and here they copied my email address instead of typing my name). Thank you for your email.

We apologize that you are upset about paying sales tax on the free bag of food. Unfortunately, any coupon used, regardless of the amount does require that the consumer pay the applicable sales tax. This requirement is typically listed on the fine print on the back of the coupon and is a law we are not able to override.

If you have any further questions, please contact us again.

Sincerely,
Carrie
PetSmart.com Customer Experience
1989 Transit Way
Brockport, NY 14420
[protected]

Jackie Scurlock Sep 02, 2007

Your the one being tacky, not pet smart, good grief, So you got a free bag of pet food and got upset for paying the sales tax. YOU need to educate yourself on business. All company's have to pay the sales tax they collect on every product they sell...they don't get to keep the sales tax, they have to pay it to the state monthly on every product they sell, thats why you had to pay the sale's tax, even though the coupon was for a free bag of pet food, you apparently did not read the fine print on the coupon, never includes free sales tax, someone has to pay the state for sales tax.

• Li
    lisa coburn Sep 11, 2007

I work at petsmart as a pet trainer but also cashier sometimes. I had the same thing happen to a customer and it took me awhile to read the fine print, but it did say the person was responsible for taxes. I don't think it's fair, but it is the coupon that dictates what happens, not petsmart. I had a time with the customer and understood what he was saying. If it says it is free, then it should be FREE.

danni Dec 08, 2007

I've had to pay sales tax on many free things before too. The way I see it is you're getting a free bag of food. What is a couple cents to you? I think I would be happy if I only had to pay the sales tax on the bag of food!

Janet Jan 14, 2008

Unless you were hiding in a cave in some remote island everybody has heard of paying taxes on most anything you buy. I have never seen a coupon where taxes were not to be payed by the customer. Fast food contests like McDonalds monopoly instant food winner games you even pay the taxes on your mcmuffin. They or any other business is not resposible for that nor should anybody expect them to pay YOUR taxes. Get a grip and be happy for the free bag of food and quit being so rude and greedy.

• Re
    Renee Feb 05, 2008

Welcome to the 21st Century, where consumers are taxed on their purchases. In the majority of states, the Government requires companies to collect these taxes. If you operate a business that accepts coupons, and you are not requiring your consumer to pay such taxes, you are commiting coupon fraud, by not following the terms of the coupon. Unless your state excludes it, and only a few do, you are also commiting tax fraud. Yes, the coupon that you redeemed said that taxes are the responsibility of the consumer. The manufacturer wrote the coupon, in compliance with local laws, not PetSmart. Pull your head out of your hiney long enough to read, and comprehend how sales tax laws works in your state. Hope your pets enjoyed the bag of food that the manufacturer GAVE you for free, since the tax all went to your state Government. Greedy bast*rd!

Jojo Aug 06, 2008

How would Petsmart make money on Taxes? They dont, thats the Goverment, not Petsmart, dumbass

• Po
    polarbearpwn Feb 11, 2009

haha, it's the law you ###. Complain about your government, not PetSmart. What are they supposed to do? Break the law just so you don't have to pay tax on your FREE dog food?

• Tw
    tweettweet Feb 25, 2009

that's the law...the other day someone complained about having to pay taxes on grooming bc its a service but the law says that grooming is considered a luxury. blah blah blah. its the law contact your senator no the store manager everytime you come in!!!

• Mo
    MonicaP Jul 17, 2009

Umm, win you win a car on Price is right, you have to pay taxes. You go to Oprah and she gives you something, you have to pay the taxes. You win the lottery, you have to pay taxes. BUT no way should you ever have to pay sales tax on a free bag of dog food. Are you kidding me? This is your big complaint? What was it 2.00? For goodness sake! Then we all wonder why the economy is in such bad shape.

horrible customer service

My husband and I had taken our Yorkie to PetSmart for grooming over 1 year ago and received terrible service...

horrible grooming job

We had taken our kitty boo boo in for a trim. The groomer said that she could only do a lion cut, and showed us a picture of a nice cut. We agreed to have our long haired cat trimmed in the lion cut. When we returned to get out kitty, they had him in his carrier. We had to pay, more than they quoted us in the first place, but when we got home and removed him from his carrier, he had the most horrible cut and shaven job i have ever seen on any animal. The coat was shaven, in sections with all kinds of lines. He looked like a zebra. The hair that was left on his legs, and undersides was all jagged, choppy, and looked just like they took there had and pulled a bunch out. Some was 1/2 inch, and some was over 2 inches. He has been totally traumatized by this and is not himself. He has been hiding in the bathroom ashamed of himself ever since we brought him home. Do not groom your cats at petsmart, as they do not have the proper training on how to do our wonderfully, loved kitty pets. When i called to complain, they were rude and nasty and said that the cat was squirming, and that if it had been his 36th cut, he may have looked better. I demanded a refund, and they did however tell me that they would credit my account.

• Sk
    sk Oct 14, 2007

The poor groom job was more than likely a case of your cat being unwilling. Dogs are generally more tolerant of being handled by strangers. Not so with cats. Your cat probably struggled quite a bit, maybe even tried to bite or scratch. That's why so few groomers are willing to do cats.

anon Feb 23, 2009

PetSmart groomers go through a special training program before handling cats. Some of the requirements include:
    -At least 1 year of grooming experience
    -No safety incidents *at all* in the past 6 mos.
    -Studying a special cat grooming manual outlining how to safely handle, bathe and shave cats
    -Training under a certified cat groomer for no less than 4 weeks or until they feel you are competent enough to handle cats.
    -Having to re-certify every year.

With all that being said, it is corporate rules that the only blade we can use on a cat is a #10 blade. This is a very short blade but the reason for this rule is that cats have paper thing skin. This blade is considered to be the only safe blade to use because no matter how experienced you are, cats are unpredictable. They will wiggle and twist every which way, and its better to have a safe blade that will not cut them if they move around than one with wider teeth that may do more damage.

The reason your cat's legs and underside may not have been trimmed is that generally cats get very upset when you're messing with their rear ends or legs. If I've shaved a cat's body and he or she gets too stressed out, I will not trim the legs. I would rather the cat not look as perfect as it could than have the cat flail about and potentially get cut or get loose and bite me.

Cats that have not been shaved before can react badly to it. I know when I do something as simple as clip my cats' nails, they will run off and hide for hours afterward. Imagine how they feel when you're doing nails, ears, bath and shaving. Of course your cat is mad. Cats in general want to be left alone.

It is unfortunate that all of this was not explained to you before the service. In the future, it would probably be best just to have your cat bathed. He is much better off with the hair as he obviously seriously dislikes being groomed.

• Te
    Terrashuman Apr 16, 2009

It's not worth the time grooming a cat. Like someone already said most groomers won't do it and for many reasons. 1. Cats bite and scratch, a cat bite is one of the worst bites you can get from grooming small animals. If your unlucky it's just enough to cause a horrible infection 2. They are reluctant. 3. They stress out much more than a dog. 4. Most people have a cat for 5 years and then decide out of the blue to have fluffywuffums first professional grooming. Those are more than enough reasons. I don't think they tramatized your cat. You never introduced your cat to grooming. How did you expect it to act? Some cats really love grooming but most of them have been slowly introduced to the idea at a young age. You got your money back and nobody got bit.

hautegoddess Aug 24, 2009

As a professional cat groomer and cat owner (professional?) let me tell you that grooming a cat is one of the most horrible bloody experiences there can be (for the groomer) Literally, we get bit, scratched, peed on, anal glands sprayed at RANDOM on us, all for 50% of $70 or so dollars. I used to work for Pmart (as i call it). You have to be "cat certified" and most of the time it takes two "cat certified' people to hold a growly, uncooperative monster who is trying their best to KILL US.
    That being said, if your cat still has "boots" it's because that area around the joints will get a groomer bit 99% of the time if they try to put a vibrating clipper near it. Persian cats are the best about getting clipped, however I think it's just because their bracycephalic faces make latching on to us with their fangs difficult... I'm sure your cat Boo Boo (cute name btw) was an angel, but give the groomer some slack! They really do work hard. Next time just ask for a redo because the lines (cornrows) on your cat are caused by a dull ten blade (the only blade safe enough to use on a thin skinned cat really) and they could have used a reverse seven blade to take out the lines but that runs more risk of cutting your cat's skin open if Boo Boo were to jerk around suddenly. Was your cat cut? No? Then the groomer did a good job being cautious. And I own a formerly feral cat who is an angel to me, but take her out of her home to the vet or wherever and she becomes Beelzebub. Cats don't like change in their environment or new people with loud equipment shaving their bodies.
    Hope this comment helped. God bless you and your cutie Boo Boo.

not satisfied with their services!

Never take your pet at Petsmart grooming. I took my cat there for a full grooming services and they...