Having problems with Petco?

Petco reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 5, 2006. The latest review Grooming was posted on Nov 20, 2021. The latest complaint sick animal that has waited over a month to be even approved for treatment. was resolved on Mar 28, 2018. Petco has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 411 reviews. Petco has resolved 71 complaints.

Petco Customer Service Contacts

Petco, 10850 Via Frontera
San Diego, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Petco Customer Service. Initial Petco complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Petco above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Petco. Discuss the issues you have had with Petco and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Petco Complaints & Reviews, Page 12

Petcoimagiturium newport 20 gallon wooden tank dtand/ online order

I ordered two of the item listed above from Amazon by accident, intending to order one. I thought "no problem, I can just cancel one of them". I purchased them last night (8/25), and emailed petco.com immediately after the purchase, requesting that one of them be cancelled. I received an email this morning (8/26), stating the order had been processed and was unable to be cancelled. The email stated that I could bring the item into a store upon receiving it and that store credit would be provided, or that I could ship the item back and pay for shipping costs. I was very confused when I got this email because according to Amazon the item had not even shipped yet. Why would an item not be able to be cancelled when it has not even shipped yet? And why would getting store credit or have the customer pay to ship it back be the only options? I even attempted to contact petco.com before the items shipped and they were unable to pull the order up in the system. At this time, I have received emails stating that both items have now officially shipped, I do not feel that I should only have the option to get store credit or pay for the shipping to ship it back when the item should have been cancelled upon request of cancellation seeing that the item was not even shipped at that time. This has been a nightmare and a big inconvience.

Petcocustomer service

I have never been treated so rudely by anyone as I wad at petco in topeka. Didn't get a welcome, how can I help, or have a good day all because im a former employee. I spent money petco and didn't deserve to be treated with so much disrespect. There are 2 employees there that treat me with respect, but they weren't there today! Management needs to step up and advise this employee to be professional to all customers.

Respond

Petco — nail cut and buffing.

I brought my dog in to the Dover petco today August 24, 2017. I got there a few minutes before 5. As I walked...

Petcogrooming

We are banned from bringing our sweet Bichon Frise to Petco in Clark, NJ. You be the judge if this is fair. We have been bringing our dog, now age 5, to Petco in Clark for grooming since the store opened in 2015. When we first brought him here, we told the staff that he sometimes has itchy skin due to allergies, and that we prefer they not use perfumed soaps.in June of 2017 (June 19th at 4pm, groomer was George), after almost two years of great service and predictably good haircuts (and A LOT of money spent on products and services), our dog came home with razor burn on his butt (below his tail). It looked sensitive, and our dog kept trying to lick it. We did not call to complain because we thought that, in a day or two, it would heal naturally as his hair grew back.

As the week went on, it became apparent that we needed to take him to the vet (Westfield Animal Hospital on South Avenue in Garwood). Guess what? Our veterinarian absolutely agreed that our dog had razor burn. We were charged for this visit and had to put our dog on anti-itch meds and antibiotics. LOTS more money spent.

Well, we’ve been paying Petco for multiple grooming sessions over the years and giving 10-15% tips, so we figured we would call Petco to let them know that the groomer assigned to our dog that day had shaved him too close and gave him an expensive case of razor burn. You know what they said? They said, “Your dog has allergies and itchy skin. That’s what you told us - it’s in our records.” Maybe we’re naïve, but we were hoping for an apology and maybe 10% off of our next grooming appointment. It would have been REALLY nice and even more appropriate if they had picked up the vet bill and gave us our next grooming session for free. But you know what we got? That’s right: BANNED from stinking Petco in Clark. Okay, to be fair, when my husband was accused of having an itchy dog, he was not too pleased with the manager who refused to take any ownership or responsibility for either the razor burn or the snip-happy groomer, so he raised his voice (he NEVER curses or condescends). He merely stated, “Don’t tell me that it was just itchy skin and allergies. This was razor burn and we have the vet bill to prove it)! My, my, that is certainly a terrible threat and grounds for being BANNED. Oh, yes, I forgot: we would like you to be the judge. So, do you think Petco was right to ban us, or is Petco in Clark to blame for being too quick to cover up when they make a costly and painful mistake on someone’s pet?

Petco — dog training

I've been coming to this location for years 5011 E Ray Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85044. We got a new puppy and decided...

Petcohostile employee

To who this may concern I have been going to Petco for a long time and on a first-name basis with the employees there I even at one point worked there at the store in Mesa off of Gilbert and University there is a new employee girl named Ciara I was in line waiting to check out today while there were two lanes open Connie an employee that I am well familiar with had taken care of six customers and the time that Syria was taking one customer and continue to chat and giggle with what seemed to be possibly a friend even if it was a customer there was a line of people behind us I walked up to her and asked her if she could please do her job and take care of the customers and stop jaw jacking was the exact words I used I was extremely polite about this she turned to me and told me that she was not a cashier and that there were other people that could help I told her then why don't you Paige somebody else I'm sorry but when you apply for a job you don't just do what you're hired for you do whatever the company needs you to do she continued to turn around and talk to the three young girls that started a an argument with me telling me to f off and leave her alone that they were trying to get information and that I was being rude I stated to them that they could step aside and wait for her to finish taking care of customers before getting her phone number and showing pictures to each other on her cell phone I'm sorry but no employee should talk to a customer in this way and this is not the first time that she sits there and gabs I've been in the store a couple times and had to go to a different line because she likes to chat with her friends that come into the store I spoke to Connie and told her that I would appreciate it if she could tell the management about her behavior Connie relate to me that this is not the first time that she has had problems with her I believe this employee should lose her job I spend hundreds of dollars at your location I have six dogs two cats and many other pets As I Am a foster for homeless pets if you would like to continue my business I would like to see her removed or relocated. It is very disappointing to see young people nowadays not care about their job. Also two customers behind me where a static that I address the situation the even told me that they would no longer return to the store I told him it was shame because normally this location has extremely helpful and polite customer service so not only would you be losing my business but it would seem that you are losing other clientele do to this employee

Petcoformer employee

I am a former employee at petco. I have seen first hand that the animals are neglected not cared for and that there habitats never meet health code. The stores are infested with roaches, black widows, and maggots. The dead animals are stored in a freezer in the back for a couple months until someone comes to throw them out. The animals dont get treated if the medical bills are to high. The death rate is the reason that petco never makes any money in animal sales. The employee are mistreated and have there workers rights violated. so many labor laws are broken in these stores. An employee actually wrote in the yearly manager reviews saying they wish they could take there lunches and breaks. The quit rate at these stores is sky high due to the managers mistreating the employees. The groomers have to make a certain amount of money every week to be able to possibly make that amount they have to skip lunches and breaks or there jobs are in danger. They are to scared to say anything. The managers are always just sitting on there lazy [censor] not doing anything if there even there most of the time they leave and dont come back till the end of the shift manually entering in there times so they get paid. The company has even stole money from the groomers this year they had to give checks to groomers over $1000 in money they stole from them to keep them quiet about it. And if you threaten to report anything then your job is in trouble they will give bad comments to future employers so that you cant get a job basically blacklisting you. which is illegal by the way. A manager has even walked into an employee abusing a customers pet and said or did nothing. There is bullying and discrimination caught on tape and constantly reported to management and I seen first hand what they do with the reports they end up in a file that is never seen and always ' misplaced'. This needs to stop these stores should be shut down. Due to wanting the privacy of my identity I will name a couple of stores that may be the specific store I am talking about but the employees who read this will know... SAN JOSE, SUNNYVALE, MOUNTAIN VIEW, SANTA CLARA All these stores located in CA

Dont believe me ask them yourselves and see what responses you get

sincerely, pissedoffemployee

Petcofish supplies

I have been a loyal customer to petco for years now, so I went about purchasing a fish tank and the supplies for the fish tank and was charged full amount of $100 and for everything. Even tho it was 50% off the fish tank. I paid it in full and they could not refund my money back. As for the supplies, not once have I received my 5% back from my rewards. Petco had disappointed me. Scammed me out of a fish tank. No longer a rewards customer/customer!

Petcoemployee at dawsonville georgia

I was told I was too incompetent to own a bearded dragon because I wanted to buy a cheaper tank which was the same size as the suggested one. Well I was almost not sold my lizard period because of it. Well. I got him from her begrudgingly and I was promised it was a boy. Well. It's been a month and he's a she. I was sold a girl. But I'm incompetent...i gendered her in 5 minutes.
              Not to mention she was underweight and was so stressed out her stomach markings were almost black. She's not been that way since. She's lighter in color top and bottom and much friendlier. Not to mention she clung to the uv light the first few days as if she had never felt heat in her life.

Petco — snake

The snake had never EVER seen a meal. The thing was a skeleton with scales. I understand you guys aren't...

Petco — an employee at the west seneca location

I was in petco around 5:30 on 8/13/17 and I asked an employee if she would reccomend this Product to cut my...

Petco — customer service

Purchased 2 Guinea pigs as a gift for my daughter. One had an extreme amount of eye discharge so we took it...

Petco — superworms

I bought a 100 count of super worms for my bearded dragon. After three days of feeding my beardie three to...

Parlin

Petcocustomer service/ dog harness

Hi I am a regular customer for many years, as I have a 10 yr old lab that I shop for everything at petco. I recently decided to add a puppy to my family. I purchased a dog harness from the Bensalem PA store roughly 2 weeks ago. The harness fits great couldn't be happier until I noticed a couple threads hanging off. After looking at it closer I noticed it was completely pulling apart from the seems.
                My puppy does not sleep with the harness on nor has she ever chewed on it. I disposed of the receipt and packaging because well the harness seemed to be a perfect fit.
                Saturday august 5th I went to the Bensalem PA store and proceeded to explain my situation. I didn't want my money back only to swap it out with the same harness. The harness is 25$ in my world not cheap. I was completely dismissed by the employees. They were rude for no reason. I understand return policies but the employee reaction was dissapointing. With that experience I've decided that I will no longer spend my money at your stores and will tell my friends and family to avoid petco stores. I guess all in all you lost a long time customer, but I'm sure one customer won't affect your bottom line.

Respond

Petcoenvironment for in store animals

The housing for the instore animals is deplorable...the poor birds...Come on you can do better than that...I am so upset i dont know what to do or say...maybe ASPCA, PETA or someone can make a difference. I cant even sleep at night thinking about it...please make some changes, I have suggestions if your interested. I LOVE ALL ANIMALS... And i just dont see why a place like yours thats makes plenty of money cant put some towards their habitat and hire people just to pay attention to them all everyday...it can be done.

Respond

Petco — dog grooming in sebring fl store

want to tell my story with Petco. I took my dog ​​to make a haircut and when I picked it up I almost died...

Petcounsanitary condition

To whom it may concern,

Today, at 2:30pm, I went to the Petco store on 237th street in the Bronx to check on Lilith, a cat that had been waiting to be adopted for the last month or two. The staff took very good care of her, kept her cage clean, and placed toys to keep her engaged. Today, however, there were 5 kittens instead of Lilith, ranging from 2 months to 6 months old the sign said. Unfortunately, there were different workers because these tiny kittens cages were dirty with huge dog bowls filled to the brim with food and water to either feed them for the week or have one of them fall in that mini bucket of water. There was also a large garbage can that was leaking a bright yellow liquid, directly in front of the kittens' cage where the customers are supposed to stand to see the kittens. There were flies buzzing in and out of those poor kittens cages. I took pictures and asked the cashier to call the manager. He promptly did so and the manager arrived in less than 5mins. When I tried to explain how unsanitary it was to have liquid and flies spilling out of the garbage, in front of the store, where the kittens and customers are, he said that it was there waiting to be thrown outside and walked off. I had been in the store for 45minutes at that point with the garbage and flies there and children stepping in it to get a sneak peek if the tiny kittens. Please train your workers to care for and treat animals with the love and respect they deserve until they get adopted. Please train and teach your managers to deal with customers and their complaints respectfully. And most, importantly, please hire people that love and respect animals, people that have the same vision your company has. I shop here often for food and litter for my two cats and for hay and pellets for my guinea pigs. For the last 6 months, the animals here have been taken great care of by someone who kept their cages clean and prepared for them to have new homes. It would be a shame if someone does other wise.

Sincerely Karlene

unsanitary condition
                    unsanitary condition

Petcobounty law

I was in Petco 6-24-17 2:05PM- Sales Partner 320 Sarah and purchased a bag of dog food and a dog treat at the register. The tag in the aisle was marked 3.99 but when getting to my car I noticed I was charged 4.99. I returned to the store and had a very difficult time with the cashier trying to get my dollar back. There was a long line of customers waiting and each of them told the cashier that the item was marked 3.99 she had me signing forms which I did not sign my name to but just a scribble because no store needs my signature for their mistake and she refused to pay the bounty for over charging.

Petco — pricing

I needed a RFA-67 battery for my dogs collar. It was on sale online for $4.49, reg. price $12.98. At the...

Petco — guinea pigs

I was in this store the other day and there were 5 guinea pigs in one little fish tank. I think that is way...