Pep Boysdamaged auto

S

Please allow this correspondence to serve as a complaint against PEPBOYS store #106, Marietta, GA. Below is a letter sent to the PEPBOYS Corporation in Philadelphia, PA.

'Let Us Install It For You! Service Department->>>’ (en Espanola todos) states a sign hanging in the retail area at PEPBOYS store #106. In the Service Dept. a sign states 'Installation, Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed'. While Scott Hendrick (Service Manager), was out on vacation, a 1.5-hour installation of a backup camera sold in this store for my 2007 VW Passat became a 12-day nightmare that continues.

• $120 in groceries discarded at location after waiting 5 hours;
• Dirty & greasy leather, dashboard, & carpet due to Service Technicians inept;
• Car taken to a VW service center for repair to the electronic relay system and mechanical deficiencies from PEPBOYS ASE Certified Technicians dis-repair;
• Camera, to date, is not installed and advised by PEPBOYS that they have discontinued service of installation to the camera backup system;
• Car is at the body shop for repairs due to physical damages incurred including dents/scratches/scrapes to body and a screw hole in dashboard while at PEPBOYS property #106.

I have been in PEPBOYS #106 on 5 of the past 12 days. I have witnessed numerous other clients’ complaints, anger and frustration over the lack of customer service & ineptitude of the service department. Several of us have asked this question, ‘If they (the Service Technicians) didn’t know what they were doing, they shouldn’t have started the work.’

The damages to my 2007 VW Passat include dents and dings to the body and a screw hole in the dashboard. Store management at all levels, in both the retail and service areas, including the Area Manager of the Orlando, FL district (Frank) assigned to the #106 store for approx. two weeks, and Service Techs admitted to and apologized for all damages. Damages to both the body and to the electrical system as a result of malfeasance.

Godfrey (Assistant Retail Manager), Al Jaramillo (Assistant Service Manager), Bill Purdy (Retail Manager), Scott (not Hendricks), Paul, and Omar all apologized for the damages and the lengthy installation time. All stated that it was the PEPBOYS policy to make things right and that the project would not be complete until I was satisfied. Bill Purdy and Frank (Area Manager), delivered the car to Jim Ellis VW and scheduled service with David Kreafle (Jim Ellis VW Service Advisor), stating, 'we will make this right. Take care of this car.'

When Scott Hendrick became involved with this incident, he refused to start a claim for the damages. Scott Hendrick refused to obtain property damage estimates for the damage caused by his Service Technicians. He demanded I drive all over town for three estimates. I advised that pursuant to the Georgia Department of Insurance one estimate is sufficient and legally prescribed. I requested from Scott the name and number of PEPBOYS insurance company. He refused to give it to me stating that was not PEPBOYS policy. I made numerous phone calls to PEPBOYS corporate offices and opened the claim as a direct result of my research.

I have been without a car for 12 days and counting. I requested a rental Friday, 09/11/2009. Scott Hendrick refused to give any information on whom to call nor to authorize a rental. After many phone calls to PEPBOYS Customer Service Center, I was given the name of a Claims Representative (Rebecca). I called Rebecca, [protected] ext. 9692, as she is now assigned to my claim (#27395). To date, she has not returned my calls nor those of Robert Sims, Claims Supervisor, GEICO Insurance Company. Please note, GEICO represents my auto policy coverage.

PEPBOYS now refuses to install a working backup camera. I informed PEPBOYS of the necessity and severity for purchase and installation of a rear backup camera. I selected PEPBOYS for this product and installation based on my previous experience with PEPBOYS products/service.

The gravity for this purchase is as such from an experience my wife encountered. She was physically assailed in the parking garage where she works as an Intensive Care Surgical Nurse. The assailant was crouched low behind the car. She didn’t see him and he attacked her as she exited the car. With a rear camera, she will see an assailant before exiting the vehicle providing her with some sense of reliance for her safety/security. As a Retired/Disabled Federal Law Enforcement Officer, I am concerned for future attacks and was hopeful for some peace of mind.

I selected PEPBOYS to purchase this device including hope for quality installation as provided in the past and noted throughout their signage in the retail and service areas.

This vehicle was detailed the day before I entrusted service installation by PEPBOYS with a PEPBOYS product. Now, this car is dirty, greasy, damaged and still without a rear camera. I do not have a car to drive.

Where is the integrity? Where is the customer service?

• Ak
    Akoni Nov 17, 2009

i just started working at that store and the service and work ethic is horrible im having serious issues with these pepole its hard to do do quality customer service with this company because theyre very unporfessional. im only in sales and been there a total of nine days and they give me hell a coworker by the name of david decides to put some degreaser on the floor and not mop it up and a customer nearly slips and trys to blame me for his careless unsafe work ethic he puts the wet floor sign on the side of the floor that isnt wet theyre very silly and childish when it comes to conversation and comunication. theyre horrible im sorry about your loss and hope they do something i care about customers i work with with god bless you!

• Gr
    Greg Diete Mar 03, 2010

Purchased a Coverite cover for miy automobile.
    It deteriotating into fine white granuals.
    what cover can we purchase that will not hazordize to people or the inviroment?
    Do you have a car cover that will hold up?
    Greg Diete [protected]
    We have sent several request and no one responds.

• Gr
    Greg Diete Mar 03, 2010

Please can someone contact me about my Coverite auto cover.