Pearle Vision Center - Duluth, MNhorrible service by ignorant employees

J

The frame on my glasses broke and Lenscrafters warranty of one year expired (by a month mind you) and said warranty only covers 1/2 of the original cost of the frames. So I decided to try Pearle Vision in Duluth. I walked in about a half hour after opening and was greeted by a young lady and within 10 seconds, the telephone rang and she had to answer it. A customer wanted to make an appointment and this call took over ten minutes because the young lady didn't have the proactiveness to boot the computer up and be ready when she opened. About five minutes in, the manager (a p0rtly-looking woman) walks in through the front door and walks right by me.

She finally gets off the phone and I told her I needed new glasses, she kept informing me that I should have an eye exam; however, I didn't want one. She then informed me that they no longer can read the lenses and would have to call Lenscrafters, she calls Lenscrafters and tells me they have no record of me, at this point I ask if they could just get me some frames, she went back to the exam issue again, tells me that Pearle Vision is not on my insurance plan, at this point I asked her "Is there anything you CAN do because the only thing I have heard was no, no, no, no, no just to buy a pair of $500 glasses or at least a $200 set of frames. The girl walks away sobbing and the manager walks up and indicates that I should not be rude to her employees (I can't really help it that she didn't train her employee to focus on being proactive and provide customer service.)

So I told the portly-looking lady that I am going elsewhere.

The first thing I did was to call Lenscrafters about my prescription and I was on file (guess the young lady can't spell either); however, I went to Shopko where the following happened;

1) The Shopko employee told me that I should just get a replacement frame only;

2) We found three frames that fit my lens;

3) She had the lens in the frame within five minutes;

4) The cost of the frames was JUST $79.00;

5) Their warranty is good for two years with a full replacement (not this 50% crap like at Lenscrafters);

6) The person understood proactive customer service (unlike the ignorant little girl who should be working the counter at Taco Bell); and,

7) My insurance fully covered the frames.

Bottom line, places like Pearle Vision and Lenscrafters are a joke. I'll go to the people that want my business.

• Es
    Esther Huggins Duff Aug 16, 2008

I'm shock to see th AD. about buying a pair of glasses and a family member get one free well this far from the truth each person have to pay the same for only $325 (dollars) were given off the first pair.

When I spoke to the clerk he said I should of asked before although I had a coupon fron the Optician, the AD is still on television saying "But one pair of glasses and a family member get one free"

I will not be refering anyone I know who needs glasses to "PEARL VISION"

• Si
    siczero Feb 12, 2009

Ester Huggins Duff spelled Pearle wrong.