Menu
CooperVision company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

66 complaints
54 resolved 12 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by CooperVision customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CooperVision. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

CooperVision - B6D93B9E23

Recall of Hy-Care contact lens solution: I returned 8 bottles of solution. One which had been in use and seven u opened ones. These bottles of solution were all within their use by dates for months and months ahead. The serial numbers on the bottles were all on the advised list for recall of solution. A Virtual credit card loaded with a £12 refund was emailed to my address of [email protected] This amounts to a refund of £1.50 per bottle of solution. I am considerably out of pocket and extremely disappointed by this Company. I will never knowingly purchase anything from this Company again nor will recommend them.

Morag McGregor, EDINBURGH, UK.

J
1:39 pm

CooperVision - Customer service at CooperVision

I was emailed by SpecSavers to sort a recall on CooperVision's contact lens solution. I was given a link in the email to do this, which took me to a website. I followed the instructions on the site and it asked me to contact CooperVision directly to sort the bottle recall as my quantity of bottles was too high for the site. Upon calling them, they did answer very quickly to be fair, but the lady I spoke to became more and more rude and argumentative as the phonecall went on. She said I was 'wasting her time' when she had 'other callers waiting' and kept huffing and puffing. She said I had not followed the instructions on the site to check all the LOT numbers to see if they were part of the recall before I called her. I apologised and explained I had not read that anywhere so it must not be clear you have to do this. She said, 'NO, it is VERY clear!' (After the call I checked everywhere on the site - nowhere does it say this).

I organised the bottles into separate LOT numbers before reeling the numbers off to her (again, this expectation was not explained anywhere. I asked if there was a cut off date of manufacture at which they were due a recall to distinguish but apparently not, and I didn't know which deliveries of contacts were part of which LOT - why would I possibly be expected to know this information?!) When I gave her a LOT number and it turned out to not be part of the recall she would be audibly annoyed and say she had to delete it now. She kept deleting the wrong LOT numbers so we had to start all over again then blaming me, saying it was my fault for not checking first when it is so hard for them to delete them their end once they had inputted them. I offered to go on the site and check the LOT numbers first so I could make sure I was only giving her the current ones, but she said no, huffed, and hurried me on to the next number. Towards the end of the call, I asked her to clarify if I needed to send a picture of all 7 recalled bottles or just one bottle from each LOT number (so 3 total). She rudely said, 'you have not listened to what I said' - I was clarifying a point that wasn't made clear. She ended the call very curtly.

I am not someone who leaves complaints but I was so shocked by this lady that I felt it warranted it. At no point was I rude to her in any way, despite the way she spoke to me throughout the call. I called at 5.34pm after I got home from work and the call lasted 11 minutes all in. I do not think I took up much of this lady's time or deserved to be spoken to this way. You would think I had purposefully defied clear instructions and gone out my way to make this lady's day harder with how she acted.

In hindsight, I think she was worried that I would run past their closing time of 6pm or perhaps she had hoped to leave work early today and that was why she was in such a hurry to get the call over with.

If she has an issue with the system in place, she should suggest they provide a clear set of instructions on the website containing the steps needed to be taken before calling customer service, rather than taking her frustrations out on the customers who are none the wiser. If she is at her wits end about this happening all the time, she ought to be using logic to realise it is clearly not clear to customers how they can make her job a little bit easier.

Desired outcome: I would like a manager to have a conversation with the lady about how she speaks to people so hopefully others don't have to have the same unpleasant experience with her.

5:22 am

CooperVision - Coopervision hy-care multipurpose lens solution re-call

I have completed the claim form online for a refund (after a letter from Boots Opticians) and have now been trying for two days to submit the form, all I can get is "error"

I phoned the contact no, and was told "try later" this is not good enough! I am not wanting a monetary cash refund, only a replacement of the solution. Please advise on what I can do next.

Derek

Desired outcome: replacement lens solution provided

K
12:09 pm

CooperVision - Rebate visa

I had tucked away the rebate visa/letter and found it today, 3/1/22. The expiration date was yesterday, 2/22. I would like to know if I can get a replacement for the expired card as the $50 rebate was never used. The customer service number was of little help, They told me they dealt with hundreds of other products and plans and they could not help. I did try going to the web address on the back of the card and it kept directing me to walgreens or said I had been directed to the site by an unsecure engine. I am more than frustrated and would either like a replacement for my card or contacts to match the value of the rebate. Please assist. Thank you

Desired outcome: I am seeking a replacement for my card or contacts to match the value of the rebate. The value of expired rebate is $50

R

CooperVision - Filing for your rebate on Cooper Vision contacts

Purchased these at my new eye doctor's recommendation. I'd always used B&L. Dr said there was a hefty rebate. I liked the contacts but navigating the rebate is a total time consuming HOAX! The portal will not allow you to file your claim. Reviews said the usual issue is getting the correct store location. I had no issues with that. I got to the end and the portal would not file the rebate. I called and was on hold so many times, for so long! The person answering the phone was quite kind but admitted they experience issues with their rebate navigation. I called my eye doctor's office. They were not able to help. Im now attempting to mail in the paperwork, keeping in mind they require ORIGINALS, AND I have made an appt w to go in to my Dr office for them to do the online rebate with me. Hopefully, they will come up with a resolution. BTW, online reviews of CooperVision rebates is not positive. Bausch and Lomb, Im coming back to you and your integrity. I never should have cheated on you!

Desired outcome: I would like my rebate!! I swear I would have never purchased these had it not been for the new doctor's recommendation. I would have stayed w the B&L brand.

6:00 pm

CooperVision - Rebate card expired

I was saving the rebate card for a special occasion and when my husband lost his job I decided to use it and it was denied for being expired. I saw from another review on here that the expired card could be replaced so I contacted and they said after 60 days that Cooper vision just keeps the money.

It's been 70 days past and am surprised of what I was told given the result of a complaint posted below.

Desired outcome: Would like the rebate card reissued.

CooperVision - Could not use the visa card

I got a Visa prepaid card but I did try to use it many times before it expired.
I have many times tried to call the number with not being able to get through.
I feel I should not have an expired card after spending all that money on the contact lenses.
Visa cards should not have a expiration date.
Can you please contact me so we can get the money I deserve from coopervison.

Desired outcome: i want a new 105.00 gift card so i can use it.

8:49 am

CooperVision - Customer rebate

I have tried for the last 2 weeks to log in to the Cooper vision promotion website it requires email verification and I have clicked the link to send to my email and the email never comes. I reached out to customer services last week they said to give it a couple of days which I did and still I never received an email. The promotional code is only good for a period of time and at this rate my assumption is the time will expire prior to the website working and Cooper vision likely won't honor the rebate then.

Desired outcome: $50 rebate

Jan 27, 2022 3:38 pm

I'm discouraged and frustrated with CooperVision and their rebate promotion. Because I didn't get any update(s) 8 + weeks after submitting the application (which was a long process in itself) I called and spoke to a customer service representatives who told me there was no information/documents showing I applied. I started second guessing myself but I knew I did it because I spent an hour + just last month filling everything out. I was in disbelief and felt this has to be a scam. Where did all my documents, photos go? I was then told: "I'm sorry this happened but I wasn't with you so I really don't know what you did or might've seen and there's no proof - there's nothing on my end so..." Hearing that made me feel very small, I felt like I was on trial. I knew I sent in my claim but I didn't have an e-mail saying so, something was off. I later found a picture from a month ago I took after I sent my claim. I guess I felt in my gut CooperVIsion's website, etc is unreliable. The picture I took was a message clearly stating my claim went through and a reference # was given. I called customer service again to share my new found 'evidence'. Still nothing! It is clearly a glitch on CooperVision's end but that didn't matter - they didn't rectify the situation then and there. Instead I was asked multiple questions, it was like an interrogation to see if I'd slip up on something "When did you pay for the contacts, what's the date on the receipt, where's it from, what's the number on your receipt!?" It was ridiculous! and the nightmare continues because I still have to send photos and finish a new claim, wait 6-8 weeks for a response. Does this make any sense? I wish there was a better way to tell potential customers the reality of this promotion so they can avoid dealing with this. What a terrible experience and it isn't even over! To think Cooper Vision could have made it Ok by acknowledging and genuinely apologizing for the mistake and making things right immediately = Wishful Thinking..

Jan 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi Micha.elle, this is Anne in Consumer Care. I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with our rebate process. Please send details to [email protected] so we can research your rebate and resolve this for you. Thank you for reaching out!

CooperVision - Rebate Card

Hello I received a $50 rebate card from purchasing my contacts and lost it not long after receiving it. (I know completely my fault!) I just currently found the card but it's expired in July of this year so I was upset that it's not good for very long. I feel like it should be like a normal debit/credit card where they are good for at least 3-5 years. I was just wondering if you guys do a replacement card?

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

CooperVision - Expired rebate card reissue fees, maintenance fees, ...

Hi,

My CooperVision Visa rebate card expired after only a ridiculous 4 months. Now to have it reissued there are reissue fees of $10 AND a monthly maintenance fees of $2, 95.

I understand that these cards endup being to the benefit of your issuing cards partner and I consider this a money scam.

I would suggest that this program is modified so I get a rebate code on my next contacts purchase.

Best regards, FN

Desired outcome: Remove reissue fees and monthly maintenance fees

T
Dec 13, 2021 3:38 pm

sooo you got this rebate card on 7/21 and didn't see it expired on 11/21? that doesn't mean its the companies fault. this happens sometimes by accident or someone doesn't read the expiration date till later and panics. also you waited till now to post here? what has the company said when you contacted them?

0 1
Dec 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi Francois, Thank you for your feedback. An agent from CooperVision's Canadian support team will be reaching out to you to help you with your expired reward card.

T
Dec 13, 2021 3:38 pm

OK that clears up some of it.

though depending on the company there is TOS that state different fees when you sign up. though i am not advocating that they are correct, this sounds like you missed something in the terms that mentions the fees. this is in from what i recall about 65% of companies that have cards like a bank or any type of credit card.

A
3:38 am

CooperVision - Proclear toric contact lenses

Ho deciso di scrivere poiché son solito acquistare dal mio ottitico di "fiducia" lenti a contatto proclear toric, mi hanno sempre dato problemi relativamente alla loro rottura. Dell'ultima confezione di 3 acquistata, una si è quasi tagliata in due dalle lineette, l'altra dopo soli 4 giorni nel momento in cui l'ho tolta ho notato che era sbeccata e non ho trovato il frammento mancante nell'occhio.
Ho atteso troppo, cambierò ottico e marca.

Z

CooperVision - expired rebate card after only 4 months

I am very upset the card expired so quickly - after only four months of expiration date that I am shocked to even see it has an expiration date.
To top the problem it can't be even reissued anymore.
I was waiting for a vacation to use the card to pay for some of my expenses, but to my surprise it was expired.
This is a big disappointment from a company I used to buy my contacts.
Is this even legal to offer a refund and then just cancel it?

PS: I did call the 1-866-230-3809 number and they refereed me to their web, which I submitted my info to: Coopervisioncardstatus.com.

Desired outcome: Get the card re-issued

Update by Zackys
Oct 13, 2021 8:00 am

I am not sure who labeled this complaint, it was not resolved. Initially, CooperVision let me submit information for a replacement card, they sent me a confirmation email that I have to snail mail a form to them, which I did August 25. 2021; but nothing happened after.

Update by Zackys
Oct 13, 2021 7:47 am

I am not sure why is this labeled as RESOLVED, because nothing was resolved. We submitted the online information, mailed the form August 25, 2021 and nothing happened. NOT resolved!

CooperVision - expired rebate card

I recently found my rebate card that I thought I had lost and it is now expired...I am disappointed that there is an expiration date on the card. If I bought the lenses and received the card, I should be able to use it anytime...with no expiration date. Please reissue me a new card. I did email the company and did not receive any contact back. I would appreciate a resolution to this with the issuing of a new rebate card.

Desired outcome: Reissue me a new rebate card

Update by ChristineU
Jul 20, 2021 9:13 pm

I contacted the card issuer via the email that you sent me but have not yet heard from them. I got a standard response that they received my complaint and would contact me within 2 business days and that was over a week ago…

W
3:29 pm

CooperVision - Expired Gift Card

Here's another example of an expired gift card. New York law, where CooperVisions address is listed, prohibits gift cards from expiring within 5 years of issue but CooperVision said "nah, 6 months is good." I can see I'm not the only one who has had this issue and makes me question their overall practice of these rebates. It's small things like this that would make me switch contact brand all together.

Desired outcome: Reissue of card

4:02 pm

CooperVision - Contact Lenses

I order a supply of contact lenses routinely through my eye doctor. I have never had an issue and I have used Cooper Vision Brand for the last several years. Recently I opened a fresh pair of daily contacts and one appeared to be defective. It was like the top of the circle had been sliced off. I don't know what would have happened to my eye if I had inserted it. I am glad I noticed it. Contact lenses are supposed to be round for a reason. I filed a complaint to CooperVision on May 19 and my report was acknowledged. I was told the Consumer Care Department would follow up. They never did. I couldn't even find a Consumer Care Dept on their website.

5:37 pm

CooperVision - Rebate funds expired

I misplaced my rebate card from Coopervision. When I found it, it had expired after only six months.
I contacted Coopervision and asked them to reactivate or reissue the card. They refused.
I think the short amount of time the card is valid is not an acceptable policy and is misleading. It seems like a way for the company to get out of paying the funds promised.

Desired outcome: I would like to have my rebate funds reissued

CooperVision - Rebate Card

I received a rebate visa card for $65. I lost it and found it after it expired but I called in and was told there was a balance of $35 left on it that they would mail a new card to me. After a few weeks I hadn't received it so I called in again and I was told it should arrive soon. I waited a few more weeks to call again and since over a month passed from my initial order customer service decided to place another order for me but unfortunately I never received that either.

Now in 2020 due to the pandemic I've had time to look through my things and found the old expired rebate card that was never used and never replaced.

I feel like I was cheated out of my money. I had to spend hundreds of dollars to earn this rebate card. Hundred of dollars I would have never committed to without the promise of getting some of it back.

I would like an investigation opened into why I never received my replacement card. I would also like to finally receive my replacement card with the funds I am owed.

Desired outcome: Replacement card and refund

CooperVision - $130 rebate card

Getting the card took months of going back and forth. When I finally received it, I didn't know that I needed to register it. I got busy and when I was going to use it, it has expired 3 days ago. It looks like I am out of $130 because when I went to register it, there are terms that state that you can replace it for $7 but it can't be expired which is different than what I have read otherwise. They said the card expires but not the funds.

Desired outcome: I would like another card so I can extend it now that I know it has a quick expiration date.

Update by mtrent
Jan 03, 2021 6:49 pm

I don't understand this.

11:03 pm

CooperVision - Milk prices

I would like to know why milk is $0.99 a gallon in Owensboro, ky and $ 5.00 in tarentum, pa and $2.27 in spring branch Texas. I feel this is price gouging in Pennsylvania. I am very disappointed in Walmart. families are struggling to make ends meet and Walmart should recognize that. How can you help change this and make your, pricing more consistent across the United States
Susanne smith. [email protected]

Desired outcome: Change pricing to more affordable in Pennsylvania

CooperVision - Rebate

Purchased a year's supply of CooperVision Biofinity Multifocal contacts on 8/4/20 at the Target Optical AKA Happy Eyes at 400 Marsh Landing Pkwy, Jacksonville Beach FL 32250. Filled out and submitted all the paperwork to receive the $50 rebate. Forgot about it until today, checked online for rebate reference number UY9CLD66LH and discovered the entire rebate had been donated to the charity "Optometry Giving Sight." This was done without my permission and I am requesting the return of the $50 to me asap. I know I did not authorize this because before I donate to a charity I research them at GuideStar and online. I did not do this and the charity donation was made without my permission. Please investigate, rectify and return $50 USD to me as soon as possible.

J
Apr 23, 2022 3:38 pm

After reading the complaints on this board I an skeptical to send my end panels. If I send them the box falls apart and according to this board it is a scam anyway. Waste of time

Apr 25, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi JoJoPo, please reach out to CooperVision's rebate help center team at [email protected] or [protected]. An agent will be happy to help you with your rebate claim. Please be assured our rebate program is valid and images of your end panels can be uploaded on coopervisionpromotions.com to submit your rebate. It is not necessary to remove the end panels from your boxes.

CooperVision contacts