PC Richards & Songe washer toploader model gtw485asjws

J

Our objective for buying this washer on April 10, 2017 was for its extra large tub with the agitator. Although we do not have complaints about the features; I.E. The tub size, cycles, general "new" sounding operations of the product, our issue is the loudness of the final spin cycle. It is way too noisy for a new high efficiency product. Without exaggeration, it sounds like a jet coming in for a landing. The machine also goes off balance way too often. Our old machine of 17 years didn't even do that! I have contacted GE customer relations and started a case with them. I also put the phone next to the machine on the final spin cycle for the rep, and he could not believe it. We also have a case number with PC Richards Customer Relations dept.

A technician did come out and told me that the machine is running as designed! He said everything checked out. Although he was not that sympathetic to our situation; our guess is that he hears the same complaint about this washer all the time. He said, it's just a "noisy" machine! So my assumption is that I have to live with it?

I called the store, PC Richards in Wayne, NJ, where we purchased our washer and dryer, explained our situation, and the sales rep said, well we don't have the policy of "trying" out appliances and returning them. Is that the answer that I was looking for? I (we) are not the customers that try to get over...but we do expect the products to work satisfactorily. With that, I will be returning to the store today with a complaint to them about attitude and customer service.

Apparently, this is a "buyers" remorse situation that we would like resolved. In my eyes the resolution would be to take the washer back. My intent is to pay the difference for a new washer. We are looking at the front loaders now, with hopes that this appliance will work to satisfaction.

We live in a townhome and share walls. Although we do have a laundry room, we are sure that our neighbors hear the spin cycle of this machine. We would like to be able to wash clothes when we want without that concern.

I have my third call in to GE and PC Richards customer relations departments and awaiting a call back with a resolution. We are not asking for the impossible here...however we would like this situation to be rectified appropriately. We buy all of our appliances and TVs from PC Richards and would like to see the customer satisfaction that the company stands by. If not, then unfortunately, we will not be returning to PC Richards.