Resolved ParetoLogicFraud and lies

J Review updated:

Don't ever buy software if there is no phone number to call in the event of a problem. Nowhere on the website of ParetoLogic is there a phone number to call, and they don't even list their physical address on their website.

I sent them an email asking for help because their DriverCure software wouldn't download, even though I paid $49.50 for it. THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS. 10 days later, I put in a request with my credit card company to challenge the transaction. We'll see what happens.

They have no problem completing sales, but this company is a TOTAL ZERO in terms of product support and customer service. Do not do business with them, period.

I think they have some arrangement with Microsoft because Microsoft kept sending me pop-up's advising me to contact this company for a 'Driver Cure'. Evidently I picked up some some of computer virus affecting my driver, even though I had TWO active anti-virus software on my computer.

RESOLVED

• ParetoLogic's response · Dec 08, 2010

Hello Judith,

Our support team would be pleased to provide assistance with your license key, or a refund if that is your preference.

You can contact our support team here: http://techsupport.paretologic.com/plsupport/consumer/search.asp

Kai
    ParetoLogic

• ParetoLogic's response · Apr 23, 2012

Hello,

Have you contacted ParetoLogic support for assistance with these issues?

ParetoLogic support is able to provide full or partial refunds of any ParetoLogic purchase made within 30 days. If you'd like to use the form linked above, our support team can provide more details.

With regards to the additional purchases, please note that these are listed on the original purchase page as options that can be selected or removed. The additional $9.97 was for a bundle purchase, including multiple software. Our hands-free automatic renewal service was offered on the same page. Because both options were selected, they were added to your cart price.

In the weeks leading up to your automatic renewal, you also should have received several confirmations of this via email. These emails also included a link to automatically cancel the renewal service.

We do apologize for any misunderstanding. Again, our support team will be able to provide more information and assistance.

Thank you!

• Sc
    scott Apr 15, 2009

Not sure about the other stuff, but I can easily find physical address on their website.

Jay Jun 17, 2009

2 active anti-virus software on the same computer is a very bad thing.
    Anti-virus software acts much like Snake venom and anti-venom.
    The 2 programs will try to scan and eat each other, which will open you up to other viruses.
    Perhaps you should work on that before trying to download software that you arent familiar with.

• Re
    redjames Oct 03, 2009

I installed RegCure. When I tried to uninstall I was offered free registration if I took up another company's offer. I did this but I still cannot register Regcure.
    I consider that this is sharp practice.
    I gave my email address but no registration key was sent.

• La
    Lanicr Nov 22, 2009

I've just about had it with your company. This happened last year and I finally gave up trying after paying for your program.
    And simply the fool, I paid again this year and followed your directions to input the new key, even though your original receipt letter states "To activate your renewal, simply restart your application. There is no need to re-enter the license key." Hogwash.
    Quit the program, restart, NO BUT ANOTHER SALES PITCH COMES UP. NO PLACE TO ENTER NEW KEY.
    IS THERE A LIVE PERSON OUT THERE THAT CAN FIX THIS OR ARE YOU JUST LISTENING TO THE CA-CHING OF THE CASH REGISTER?

• Al
    allan holmes Dec 16, 2009

Just went online and payed for paretologic -aka regcure, and it will not let me use complete program keeps telling me that my program has expired

• Mi
    mickdel Jan 23, 2010

I've used two of their products for 3 years now. When I had a problem with the privacy control program, I emailed them and got an immediate response. In fact, I sent 3 emails, and had 3 very detailed responses, with offers to contact by phone if I needed. Problem was solved instantaneously.

I can't recommend them highly enough, and will be using them as long as I use a pc.

• Th
    Thusl Jan 30, 2010

Disgustd with the constant pop-ups, I ordered the anti-virus software at the discounted offer of $39.94. But when my card # was entered, I was charged the regular price of $49.94. If contacting Pareto Logic proves difficult, I will have to challenge this charge. We'll see what happens.

• Mt
    m.tmatt Mar 08, 2010

I cant get it off my computer. It invades everything. And then it progreses. It blocks your other virus protection and wont let it run.

mario2005 Mar 09, 2010

This canadian people are very smart taking our money. This is the second time I bought something from the canadians, and both times, I cannor use the software. However, they kept the the money. From now on, I will never buy anything from Canada.

Chillyfil Mar 29, 2010

Recently I had to upgrade my OS to business class and I lost all my updated driver software. Drivercure from Pareto Logic offer a "60-day money back guarantee so I purchased "drivercure for $29.00. After scanning my PC it found 15 drivers needing updates. Out of 15 drivers only 1 installed. One at a time I would install the drivers some taking a few minutes each. All that time to say INSTALLATION FAILED... Pareto Logic will not communicate by phone anymore according to their SAD tech support by email. Personally if I'd have known they don't talk on the phone I wouldn't have bought this crap... I'll let you all know if and when I get my money back. Today is Monday March 25th 2010 and I bought the sofware yesterday.

• Be
    Bettie buddish Apr 05, 2010

it tells me to register and when I try all they do is try to sell me this service again. I paid once and got nothing I wonder what they are trying to pull!!!

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

Every time I turn on my computer ParetoLogic comes on then scans and says so and so needs fixed so if I ask them to fix it, there is a problem and I am to try later. I would like to
    cancel ParetoLogic, I know I paid for it but can't see that it does any good Thanks,
    [email protected]

Hope Pareto Logic is canceled. Thanks

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

I am so tired of Pareto Logic coming on every time I turn the conputer on. Then they do nothing, just takes a lot of time.

Just cancel ParetoLogic!

Just cancel ParetoLogic. Thanks

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

How long does it take to cancel ParetoLogic?

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

This has already taken me almost an hour to get ParetoLogic canceled.

Please just cancel .

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

I don't want to see it anymore on my monitor.

Just cancel it!

Jean Branigan Apr 20, 2010

ParetoLogic is like a broken record. Hard to get rid of.

• Cl
    cleb Jun 12, 2010

if you try parelogic files recovery it will say you can't recover your files unless you register,
    if you don't want to pay and quit the program it will make the files it found not recoverable by others programs.

MAD M .F. Sep 24, 2010

I have tried several times to down load this [censor] . After THAY [censor] YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY THERE DONE WITH YOU! [censor] YOU PARETO LOGIC.

• Mo
    MorpheusOne Oct 11, 2010

My experience was a little different...

I didn't spend any money on this stupid program, thank God!

I dled something for free on the web. I honestly don't even remember why, or even which specific program ..but, since they apparently push computer software I suspect that it was bc I was looking for a decent firewall/anti-virus program(s). I found it to be a useless program taking up space on my computer! After a couple of days I was fed up and, amongst running other maintenance on this infernal machine, I uninstalled it and largely forgot about it.

But, that didn't last very long! Almost immediately I started getting Windows error messages that read something like...

"Error loading C:/ProgramFiles/... ParetoLogic/uuS2/UUS.dll";

...in the following several months I have received, roughly, two hundred of those messages, all of them the same and at about an average of one a day! What I want to know is how do I get rid of these stupid error messages?!!

What program is even trying to access them?? And how do I make it stop!? I suspect that a portion of the program was not uninstalled when I, tried to, uninstall the entire thing and so it lingers on, like some sort of a ghost of its former self. As far as I can tell, it isn't harming my computer in any way, it's just really, ... REALLY, really annoying!!

Anyone that has any idea(s) on how to shed my computer of this insipid little thing, please, respond!

Morpheus

• Ju
    Judith DeWitt Dec 08, 2010

I paid with a credit card to register this software and followed instructions to obtain the registration key. When I got to "Go back to application by clicking it on your task bar, I couldn't figure what to click, so tried everything possible, to no avail. Could not get text bar to take the number I had been given, or any text at all. I need someone to refund this money immediately.

• Sn
    Snoop12847 Jan 18, 2011

I'm still trying to figure this crap out. After numerous phone calls to there so called tech support. They have not been able to get this to operate on my computer. Non of the four products work as I can not register the product with them. I'm going to give them hell and then uninstall all there crap. It's all bogus.

• Mi
    Miriam Johnson Jan 24, 2011

I had my Windows XP reinstalled and now cannot find a place to enter the license key for my File Cure product.

• Pe
    pee_dee09 Jan 27, 2012

It's too bad that you have had this type of experience with Canadian purchases. Unfortunately there are ripoff artists in every walk of life. I too had a bad experience with these guys (ParetoLogic). I have had numerous good buying experiences with Canadians and to suggest that all Canadians are all ripoffs is unfair! I hope you will reconsider. Also remember that most disreputable companies use internet addresses that say they are from Canada when in fact they are not. Be wary of what you buy online and research it carefully. Ask your local computer stores and your friends about products before you install them on your computer, and most of all if you have Windows 7 do a drive image before installing any new software!

• Ri
    riznsun Apr 19, 2012

Bought this product to try to help clean up my PC. Paid them 29.97 then they charged me another 9.97 without my consent. The product removed some files for my computers. Not only did it NOT SPEED UP MY PC AT ALL but it also MADE MY SCANNER USELESS as well as a few other programs. Took me about an hour to reinstall all my drivers and get everything working again. THEN A YEAR LATER THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN!!! Without consent.

• Do
    Doc Shankle Apr 25, 2012

YEP CLASSIC! I have not only had that same problem but have also UNINSTALLED everything that pertains to them and set up BLOCKS in my firewall. FURTHER, I have sent formal complaint to John Kroger, Attorney General of the State of Oregon! The CREEPS have GOT to be STOPPED!!!

maris_m_quinn Apr 29, 2012

Yep i paid around £35 for REG CURE. In the year i had it, it did not update once. When I scanned in that year i think it found 4 faults, none of which helped the pc from" not responding" the reason i got it in the first place. What a waste of money.I see they have emailed me to remind me since my subscrition is due not to worry they have my details.Y-I-K-E-S

• Hu
    HUGH J. Sep 18, 2012

THEY JUST KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU TO SEND MONEY-SIGN UP. GOTTA GET RID OF THEM.

• Fi
    Fi-NS May 13, 2013

I just tried them the first time and ...I paid $39.94 .OK guys that worked. But after my PC ( windows 8 ) being reinstalled, both two of my license keys did NOT work .I did used them on the same PC, and the small window said "..can't be used to MANY installation...".I try to email to the company, then got NO answer .Here my ID purchase :PTLC-U110413-41VLP

• Su
    sueknits Feb 27, 2014

This product did clear a lot of issues on my laptop initially. But when I did not renew coverage for budgetary reasons... Poof!... All my originals issues resurfaced. I still had a month left on my subscription but suddenly I was back where I started!

Sassyuser Mar 07, 2015

Ruined my laptop.

• Zi
    ZIGGY5344 Jul 17, 2015

Pareto-logic is a scam. Paid $59.97 for one year, security software. 2 month old computer. I had no problems with my system until I installed the software.It locked up my system. I called them and the tech worked on it for a hour, then the scam starts. He transferred to the advanced then dept. Then they said there must be something wrong with my computer. Said it would cost me $250.00 . I said no way. Then he said it would cost $150.00 I told him what he could do with his software ! I reformatted my system and in 10 minutes it works great. I talked to some of my neighbors and found 2 of them in the complex that had the same problems with this company.One person paid $400.00 to fix her computer . Totally a scam.

• Jb
    J. Brown Aug 14, 2015

I was told by two friends, who are Computer Geeks, not to fall for any Company trying to sell you a program to fix your PC or increase your speed. First of all, Microsoft started adding features in Windows-7 and on, to help your PC combat some of those problems. Secondly, there are "free" Registry Cleaners out there, that also will help your PC to run smoothly. C-Cleanser.com & Auslogics.com works really great...and they're FREE. BITDEFENDER has a free Anti-Virus program, that works better than some of those you pay for. And ALWAYS download a Malwarebytes program. It doesn't interfere with your Anit-Virus software. They also have a free one. Two other important things to do, is to delete your browsing history once about every 2 weeks...it does wonders. Finally, use the "Disk Clean-Up" tool that Microsoft gives you. Do it once or twice a month.

• Ed
    eddyo101 Aug 23, 2016

I bought Regcure off ParetLogic when my computer crashed thinking that it would fix my problems but it did not. So I Emailed them and they said that I had to set my computer back to factory default to fix the problem.When I spoke to the technician he more than less said that Regcure wouldn't fix my problems and I would have to do that anyway but as I am new to computers I didn't realise that I already had Uniblue Registry Booster which is almost identical.So I have taken Regcure off my laptop as it doesn't work with other programs that I purchased earlier this year, I didn't get A response from my Email I sent and all I want is A refund. My SafeCart Receipt ID is : PTLC-U120810-88BXH . Thank you if you can help me out.
    No file chosen as I have not got it on my PC no longer.

• Le
    Leo C Freeman Mar 14, 2017

I HAD REG CURE AND PARELOGIC PRO ON MY COMPUTER. I RAN MY PANDA VIRUS PROTECTION AND IT FOUND THAT BOTH SOFWARES HAVE INTRUSION FILES THAT MES WITH MY WINDOWS SYSTEM FILE AND BOTH HAVE SAR FILES WHICH ARE SPOOF FILES THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO GET ALL YOUR PERSNAL INFORMATION CCS HOME ADDRESS YOUNAME IT AND THE SPOOF FILES ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE PARELOGIC INSTALLATION FILE FROM THEM HAS A VIRUS IN IT1DON'T USE THE PARELOGIC OR RECURE SOFTWARE DELETE IT FROMYOUR COMPUTER!!!/LEO C [email protected], com