Panera Breadservice, accuracy, overall rating

A

I just got back from Panera and I am very dissatisfied. My order was SUPPOSED to be a U PICK 2, broccoli cheddar soup w/ chicken caesar salad substitute balsamic dressing; no caesar!! EXTRA french baguettes
As I was ordering, I found it very rude that the cashier along with the rest of the employees seem disinterested in their customers. No hospitality, no smiles, no acknowledgement of the guests whatsoever.
Once I got my order and got into my car, I noticed my french baguettes were missing. I ran back in and said to the lady "excuse me, my bread is not in here" she handed me a bag with bread in it and I politely asked her if I could have an extra piece. She replied; "I already gave you two". Since I had another order, that second piece of bread was not for me so I did not ever get my extra piece. I was very upset.
THENNN, when I got home, I noticed my salad had caesar dressing, NOT balsamic like I had asked for. Since I was very hungry, I tried to eat the salad with the caesar dressing, but couldn't stand the fishy taste of it. I had to throw out my food and was extremely upset.

• Lp
    LPanC Aug 05, 2009

I work at a Panera Bread in Charlotte, NC. First of all, I find it sort of upsetting that customers are making general statements about all Paneras when they have encountered one bad experience at a single restaurant. Our company is a corporate chain and individual general managers control a specific store. My panera is well-cared for due to the concern of the managers and staff. I think that it is atrocious to find maggots in or around a restaurant and unkind for a server to disrespect a customer. However, I do ask for more consideration when one complains because I value my job as well as the company for which I work. Restaurants in New Jersey, Michigan, etc. are not representative of each Panera around the U.S. Thanks.

• Ro
    romaunts May 23, 2010

I'm sorry for you problems with your local Panera; however, as LPanC said, it is not the whole of Panera. We are taught the upmost in customer care and hospitality. It is awful to me that they are disregarding the very core of what we are taught that Panera is about. If the employee on cashier took your order correctly, the receipt should have had the changes on there. If not, then they made an error, instead of line. Either way, you should have talked to a manager, and you should talk to someone from corporate. Hopefully they can get things squared away, and make it up to you.

At our Panera, we remake the meals, and usually also either give a refund, or gift cards, depending on what the mistake is, how big it is, and the customer's preference. We're also taught to be very polite and friendly, to greet all customers with smiles and a "Welcome to Panera Bread!" We try our hardest to get everything right, but we do make mistakes, and are very prompt and attentive toward finding a solution and making our customers happy.

• Wi
    windy0069 Aug 16, 2010

I have to say that panera is my favorite place to eat!!! I love the food but the main reason I go is because of the people they are so kind hearted!, and will do anything to make my visit there a great one!! Whenever I walk in to the store bri always knows what I am going to order!!! Its not just an order and go she actually has a conversation with me and that makes my time there alot more pleasent than she taking my order and sending me on my way!!! The customer service is the only reason I drive all the way to this panera because I stay in oviedo but the red bug panera has extremly rude people and I refuse to be surrounded by people with no tact or manners.

mario marrer0 jr Oct 30, 2010

Dear Sir:

I applied to panera bread five time to aliso viejo and on lake forest drive for a job, and they never call me for an
    interview. they was hiring cashier and cook. one of the employee told me the manager was hiring people with
    no experience at panera bread, because is not fare to me I am hard worker and never late to any job, I been to.
    The manager work at panera bread is not good customer service, dealing with customer at aliso viejo, ca.
    they need to be shot down for good for treating the employees bad, and giving no break.

thank you...

• 58
    583586 Oct 30, 2010

On your application did you have a written essay?? If so I can see why no one has called you...

• Ba
    Babiki Dec 24, 2010

My sister and I went for coffee at Panera last night 12/23/2017 at around 8p after Xmas shopping. We normally go to the Clearwater Panera which is by far the best. This Panera was the absolute worst. First, we ordered our coffees and when we went to get out coffee we noticed it was old and the cashier said that a water main broke and that they could not make anymore coffee (not Panera's fault) but the cashier should of told us ahead of time and we could of went somewhere else...since we paid we decided to have the old coffee. Meanwhile a bum came in (note, there was hardly anyone in the place at all) paid for his coffee and got something to eat. I was behind him in line waiting for the half and half and that is how I know that he paid, he did not smell and was not bothering anyone. As soon as he sat down to enjoy the coffee and his meal the manager told one of the employees to ask him to leave. I could understand if he was bothering people but he was not. Nobody was complaining but the manager told the girl to tel him customers were complaining. I think that was wrong..it is Christmas and they sure took his money even though they did not want him to eat in. Shame on Panera. I will boycott this Panera for sure.

• Si
    SiGuy Dec 28, 2010

You may not have all the facts. It's possible there is a history with this individual and he had been asked previously not to return to the location. If your version is correct, I would agree with you, but I would have asked the manager why he was being asked to leave.

ms_lemon Dec 29, 2010

maybe they did not hire you because you can not spell and if you type as badly as you talk... there is no surprise ..

ms_lemon Dec 29, 2010

did the cashier read the order back to you.. they are supposed to you should have checked your reciept but i agree they should have been nicer you also should have asked to speak with a manager about the employee to adress the issue

ms_lemon Dec 29, 2010

they should not have sold you the coffee or made you pay for it.. agree with ^^ youmay not know the whole story.

ms_lemon Dec 29, 2010

this is what panera is all about!!

NIKandBOYS Feb 05, 2011

Panera has always had great food, customer service and a clean environment. My family and I love Panera Bread

NIKandBOYS Feb 05, 2011

Hiring is a huge process. It has to do with experience, attitude, appearance and more. How well did you present yourself? Did you smile and act professionally? Managers of any business want to know that your all about the customers because with out them there would be no company.

NIKandBOYS Feb 05, 2011

May have not had all the details, but would a "bum" come in and pay for his food/coffee if he has been 86'd out of there previously? If he is paying customer and there was no issues that the CUSTOMER caused, then he should not have been treated differently because of his appearance. The manager should be ashamed of his/her self and take some courses on management. Apparently this manager is shallow/judgmental and need to be assessed by the upper management. And why didn't the manager ask him to leave???? This make me sad to know that there are people out there that think they can treat different walks of life with No RESPECT. The day will come that they may be walking in similar shoes. How sad!!!

• Br
    Brian in Seattle Feb 14, 2011

Illiteracy does make it hard to find a job.

anticapitalistagitator Mar 05, 2011

Man, ### that. We'd never treat anybody like that at the Panera I work at.

• Pi
    piffedoff May 09, 2011

F em all. Pan era bread sucks ... they jacked my order up and then threw me tude... whatever pan era bread... i will take my money somewhere else... hope you have fun when you are out of business... overpriced garbage and bad service... ha...hello Manhattan bagel thanks for being so nice to me

• Ka
    kate43235 Aug 02, 2011

I used to give over $1000 to panera bread in Columbus Ohio until he staff treated me like crap! No more and my voice is loud and clear and travels!

Cynthia Dollar Oct 04, 2012

We would not do that at the stor I work at. My asst mg pays an homeless couple to warsh our windows and gives them the stuff to do that job. That mg at that Panrea Bread needs some humanity.

Cynthia Dollar Oct 04, 2012

The mg will not ask for an interview if you did not pass the test that was given to you when you filed out your app online.

Cynthia Dollar Oct 04, 2012

The cashier sounds like she does not know her job to me. I work at a Panera and every worker at an Panera knows: Every soup and salad gets a baguette a piece, not together, and because you got both you should have gotten two in your order. So her saying sge already gave you two when you asked for an extra shows how much she knows her job. If this happened at the store I worked at we would have given you extra just for your inconvenience and you would not have to ask.