Panera Breadcustomer service, restroom, management lack of concern

D Aug 17, 2018

at about 12:30 pm today (Aug 17, 2018) I had the misfortune of using the restroom at the branch in Champaign Illinois (Kirby and Windsor), only to discover that the toilet paper roll was empty. I texted my daughter, who was inside the restaurant, getting ready to order our meals, to inform staff of the situation and that I was waiting for a new roll. She informed an employee, who, she witnessed, instructed another employee at the back to bring the toilet roll, and that it was urgent. Approximately 20 mins had passed (inside the stall, my fone had died, otherwise I would have asked my daughter to follow up earlier), before my daughter, who was now working at a table, realized I hadn't yet returned and that she didn't hear from me. She went and asked another employee. She timed it; it took about 3 minutes before an employee went to the restroom with a toilet roll. After I came out, I calmly spoke to the manager, who in my opinion didn't seem to really be concerned about the situation, my discomfort, the potential health hazard, and provided a lame apology adding that he knew nothing about it. That the restaurant did not have toilet paper is bad enough. That staff neglected a request for such a situation to be rectified, especially when a customer is waiting, is even worse. Not taking immediate action when asked a second time, after such a long lapse, is infuriating and telling, and finally, feeling like this whole thing didn't really matter to the manager is unacceptable, and conveys a total lack of concern for customer service and sanitation. I will not give this branch, nor your company, my business, and will advice against it with my friends and relatives, co-workers, neighbors, and associates, because that's how upsetting and embarrassing this series of inactions and behavior was for me. And to top it all of, ths is a matter of hygiene and sanitation, of basic restroom maintenance. addendum: I just checked my message log. I informed my daughter at 12:43 of the situation. At 1:58, over an hour later, she sent a message asking if I was helped. I didn't get this til later because my fone was dead.in fact, I waited in the bathroom for well over an hour.

• Updated by Dr. Vince Diaz · Aug 17, 2018

addendum: i just checked my message log. I informed my daughter at 12:43 of the situation. At 1:58, over an hour later, she sent a message asking if i was helped. I didn't get this til later because my fone was dead. In fact, i waited in the bathroom for well over an hour.