Menu
Orange
reviews & complaints

Orange
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

91 complaints
20 resolved 71 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Orange. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:05 pm EDT

Orange - data usage

On July 31 2015 I called mobinil from dubai at 7pm in order not to renew my data roaming package after mid night, they informed me that i should call them on time to stop it as they can't stop it automatically at specific time !
I called them at 9pm again to stop it, and then all internet connections stopped.

On the August 1st morning I found my data roaming working, then I called them again to inform them that I am still having my data roaming service working while i already cancelled it, the girl replied that no its not working as per the system, I told her again that it appears on my screen and it is working now, she insisted that it is not working.

And finally after 1 month of complaint, a very rude employee from the complains department named ms. Alaa informed me that the case is closed and i have to pay EGP 6k because i only asked to stop the bucket not the data service, and the august 1st call was not recorded!

No one asked me if I am still abroad or not to mention that the data roaming will still be working after cancelling the bucket, while I thought its all cancelled as appeared after my first call. And I am sure that it was clear in my second call that I was talking about the data roaming, at least she could tell me the deference between them when i told her that the data roaming is still working.

my number is +2 [protected]

12:09 pm EDT

Orange - plan canguro

I signed a contract with Orange for two years under their plan Canguro, which is ADSL plus a mobile phone. This past month they changed the terms of the contract! They now give me more Gigs with my mobile phone, but at a higher price. They didnt ask me or even inform me before hand. It´s in the fine print of my latest, more expensive bill.

Their constomer service is horrible! They just switch around to different operators.

What can I do? Thanks

10:39 am EDT

Orange - internet performance

Back in May 2013 I made a big mistake and moved from Telefonica to Orange for their kangu bundle of ADSL, Land Line and Mobile and it was one of the worse things that I did because I was told that the internet performance speed would be the sam and it certainly is not

The connection speed is supposed to be 6Mb and shortly after installation I reported problems where typically at the same time each evening the performance drops off to less that 1Mb and they started testing, sent an engineer and decided that there wasn't a problem even though I had 5 months worth of performance statistics to prove this

I therefore decided to cancel the service and this is where the problems really began because they require that you cancel on the phone and then sent by post to Madrid a letter with a copy of your passport and NIE, which I did and they claimed that it was never received. So then I sent a 2nd copy, never received and over the last week sent 10 copies, which I can prove and you guessed it they claim to have never received the letter simply asking that I send more letters and refusing to help me

You cannot even take a copy into one of their Orange shops but I suppose while they continue to get between €120 and €200 a bill form me why would they want to loose a customer

This is supposed to be a technology company and you actually have to send them letters which conveniently they loose, not once but 12 times so far and there are other forums where this practice has already been reported

This is seriously effecting my business and my health and I have also posted this complaint onto their Facebook page because apart from driving to Madrid and hand delivering the letter I don't know what to do

P
2:36 pm EDT

Orange - very bad follow up with customer

التي توجد بة الشكله [protected] رقم الخط الموجودة
يوم 1/10 فجاة الخط اتوقف بعد تجديد باقة الانترنت و بعدها ب 3 ساعات تقريبا اتبعتلي رساله اني مع اي مكالمة حعملها من الخط ان الكالمة هتتحول لموظفين خدمة العملاء لمراجعة بيانات الخط وفعلا رجعت معاهم البيانات وكانت صحيحة لاني كنت مسجلها مع الشركة اكتر من مرة خلال الفتره اللي فاتت
وبعدها بساعة و ربع الخط بدا يرسل و يستقبل مكلمات لكن الانترنت مشتغلتش العلامه في الموبيل ان الخمة شغالة لكن مشبيظهر اي شبكة و كلمت خدمة العملاء و عملي شكوي و قال انه في خلال 24 ساعة حد هيتابع معايا عدت 48 ساعة محدش اتكلم اتصلت تاني و الرد هيتبعوا مع حضرتك في اسرع وقت و محدش اتكلم لغاية اليوم من اسبوع وصلت رسالة سيتم المتابعة معك في اسرع وقت وبرضو محدش اتكلم روحت فرع موبينيل صن سيتي الوظف قفل الوبيل و فتحه و مسح نقاط الوصول وكتبها موبينيل ويب الخدمة بدات تشتغل قالي اقفل الشكوي اكدت علية الرفض لاني اريد التعويض عن عدم الاهتمام و عن قطع الخط بدون انذار الخدمه من وقتها بطيئة جدا رغم وجود الموبيل في اما كانت بها الشبكة +
والان اقعت تماما الخمة بنفس العيب السابق ذكره اذا لم يتم المتابعة معي علي نفس الرقم السجل بالشكوي خلال 24 ساعة وتعويضي عن ذة المشكلة ساغلق هذا الخط الخطوط الفاتورة الثلاثة الاخري مع اسرتي ه H+

9:51 am EDT

Orange - my phone number has been violated

I’m a Mobinil client for long which I never thought to
change to any other competitor since I had good experience with.

I’m leaving out of Egypt which I used to visit annually, normally I keep
using my mobile during my stay. The phone number is registered under my cousin name
who keeps it operated during my absence to maintain the service continuation.
Last year, I was extremely happy when I was advised by one of Mobinil mall
outlets customer services that I can get lifetime service validity which will
allow me to keep using the same number whenever I want by applying for lifetime
validity. They had explained the procedure which I followed by calling Mobinil
service center. I had received confirmation through a Mobinil recorded message
that my number validity has been extended to unlimited validity. I reconfirmed by
another call obtaining the same answer.

I was astonished today when I tried to call my wife while her trip back
to Egypt carrying my phone since I heard a stranger answering my call. My wife
called your service center trying to find out what the reason is and the answer
was shockingly that we have not used the phone for more than 3 months. I wonder
what sort of lies and mislead have been given to us by both of your staff and
operating system. I feel that I’m totally being cheated which comes against all
my expectations. Certainly any reputable company will be seeking its customer
satisfaction being honest in their communication and instructions. I can’t
accept whatever happened under any cirumstance which I can summarize my request
in one sentence “I want my number back”. Despite of it not being a special
number, but I’m happy with it and It is known to all of my contacts. Shortly
and I’d like to tell you that I’m not going to sacrifice my number. Either you
get it back to me or I will go through all the legal channels even to sue you
according to law and publish your bad level of service and how you are cheating
your customers which has never happened in any part of the world except your
unreputable company. It’s totally up to you if you would like to maintain your
customer pays or to get it screwed up.

Please note the following:

Mobinil phone number which had been stolen ([protected])

I can be reached on:

Amr.[protected]@domasco.com.qa

+[protected]

+[protected]

Your quick reply will be appreciated,

Amr Farag

Jan 23, 2015 10:17 pm EST

I dont want to be in this company again and i send more than 5 complaines with no answer there is no respect at this company they didnt know how to handule any cusmter or know how to solve any issues i visit 2 mobinil soters but with the same issue i dont know what to do to this company

5:47 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed a contract for 18 months and was counting the days to change to another company. I went to Orange office in San Pedro and asked when I could change companies. My contact finished 23rd Feb. 2014. She said 17th Feb. 2014 would be fine. I signed with Telephonica. I am being harassed with 10 calls a day from Orange saying I owe them over a hundred...

S
5:45 am EDT

Orange - credi card fraud

A Advertisment appeared in the facebook Orange Mobile Phones available for cheaper price of
Euros.49, 98 on 06th August 2013.
I purchased one with Credt Card of SOFINCO Finance. It was stated that winthin two weeks the parcel
will be sent. Suddenly the SOFINCO informed it is a fraud and the article purchased was a SFR Mobile
and charged Euros.75, 00 and they had cancelled my credi card given by them. Aloso I have not received
the Parcel upto date.

Ref No:SFR.RECH.WEB/WAP 92PUTEAUX - Euros.75, 00 of 06th August 2013.

Feb 22, 2011 10:05 pm EST

I have only recently been going through my bank statements and have found that Orange has been taking money out of my account without authorisation. This has been going on for over a year and when i try to contact them by telephone the automated answering service will not put me through saying that i have not selected an option which of course i had. Can you please help in any way here?

B
2:59 am EDT

Orange - lucky draw

i had received a message from orange in my mobile that you have won the 750.000.00 pounds in the 2013 Orange Int'l mobile draws and to claim i have to sent my name and mobile number in [protected]@myway.com.
how can i get those prize is it true or not?/ if true the following are my details.
name: Bishwaraj yonjan
mobile number : [protected]
email address : yonjan.[protected]@ gmail.com

D
Jun 14, 2013 8:45 am EDT

Lol Lets See What Happens Real Fake

D
Jun 14, 2013 8:44 am EDT

i had received a message from orange in my mobile that you have won the 750.000.00 pounds in the 2013 Orange Int'l mobile draws and to claim i have to sent my name and mobile number in luckywinner77@myway.com.
how can i get those prize is it true or not?/ if true the following are my Details
Name:Dev Prasad Dahal
Mob.No.+[protected]
subashdon75@yahoo.com

6:57 am EST

Orange - bad service

My name is mohamed abdel mawgoud, my number is [protected], my complain concerning two actions:
1.I asked to change my system to mobinil control 50LE from December, 13th 2012 and it is not activated till I called customer service on January 17th, 2013 after 43 mints of arguments and talking to customer service head, activate the system
2.By January 27th, 2013 the same line is dead (customer service) mentioned that the problem will be solved within ( 24 hours), after discussion 33 mints without any result ( spoke with miss.Kristina Ragheb) &(Miss.Menna ali customer service head)
It is not acceptable to have this manner from professional company (to have Dead line)
WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER'S SATISFACTION?

Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm EDT

The company stopped my 3G service suddenly, without warning or notification, when contacted customer service, they are not answering my questions and they were argued and arrogant and they were unable to provide me a clear answers

T
5:20 am EST

Orange - poor customer service

My name is Tamer Mesharafa [protected] . I have been a loyal customer for 15 years to Mobnil I have given my mother a mobinil number under my name [protected] and for the last 3 month trying to convert her number to Vodafone because she moved to a villa on the Alex desert road where the network for mobnil doesn't work.
I have repeatedly explained to speed up the process because she is an old lady and if God forbid anything should happen then she should have no problem in making an emergency call .
Unfortunately the request from Vodafone was declined 5 times . I made sure that I paid any outstanding bill even paid the upcoming charges. Despite 110 agents are very polite but not very helpful because they don't have authority to find why Mobinil keeps rejecting by explaining that it is a different department . I think Mr. Magdy Gabra should like any person in charge of customer service makes sure that the agent keeps filtering the complaints but eventually should reach a person who can solve any emergency problems.
A Miss Lamis Mahmoud working at Mohandisin branch (who should one day hold a managerial position) after making some calls found out that the reason for the rejection was that my name was misspelled at mobinil so she changed it .
a week has gone and still the line was not changed . I called 2000 they informed me that request from Vodafone was expired . I informed them that this was the fifth time I go to vodafone and threatened that I will change my line also to Vodafone if my complaint doesn't reach a senior executive who can help and make a decision on how to solve this catch 22 dilemma .

H
Jan 07, 2013 6:53 am EST

i am hany nabil client from about 13 years i am complaining about my usb from more than one year without any action, i am calling first class 2000 without any serious action i am wondering why ?very poor customer service, very poor solutions ...i am suddering from i am paying monthly around 600 or 700 egp as a monthly bill for very poor services ...i need an action to solve this problem...my mobile is [protected]

4:51 am EDT

Orange - corporate sales / complaint handling

Dear All,

I faced a problem with Mobinil Egypt as I asked to divert my line to be business line and get another prepaid line but I confirmed that my line does not divert till getting the prepaid business one. Although that, my line was transferred without informing mr from almost two weeks, moreover, they suspended my existed line as the Sim Card with old IMSI without checking if that will affect in my business or not . I am really upset from that. Then the complaint handling team called me and I was astonished from the handling way of A SENIOR SPECIALIST! named Jasser Hussein as he was talking without trying to listen to my complaint also his aim was closing the complaint no more ! Really i am speechless from that !

12:23 pm EST

Orange - contract cancellation

I signed up at orange telecommunications about 5 months ago and have been incredibly deceived ever since. When I called into the customer service store to cancel the contract – as they were not providing the service as promised – I was told that the duration of my contract was one year and it could not be terminated before that time. Needless to say I felt trapped by a contract whose service I was dissatisfied with and therefore couldn’t begin anew contract with a rival telecommunications provider as I can not afford to pay for two connections.

F
4:27 pm EDT

Orange - no services provided

Internet Services agreement signed by the end of January 2011 and no services provided so far (April 2011).

No justifications, no explanations, no compensations, no answers. The customer services pass the buck from ones to others with no solutions.

Think twice before work with Orange

Update by franciscopalacios
Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm EDT

Welcome to the club, I am another victim of Orange services. I am sorry

P
Jan 29, 2015 3:43 pm EST

Fully agreed, 10 wks waiting to be connected, then the Internet worked for 4 days, crashed. 3 wks later no solution, no assistance, nothing.. Avoid at all costs!

G
May 02, 2012 5:47 pm EDT

Totally agreed, I signed the contract in Starting April just because the lead time promised to me was the least among the other ISP in luxembourg, 3 weeks. My connection is installed on 19th April and after that it has not worked even a minute logged case, visited orange shop but seems like nobody is interested in solving my problem they are just passing mails between departments with no use. 0% customer satisfication, Pathetic customer service

10:04 pm EST

Orange - terrible customer service

In my opinion Orange offer cheaper handsets on pay as you go but you will pay the real price of the phone if you ever have to use their customer service in person, to be fair it is not so bad on their helpline but 'customer service' in their Dundee Overgate shop is truly appalling. When i had lost a phone the helpline sent me out a replacement sim card, however when i went to the shop to buy a new handset i was told i would have to buy a £20 top up which would be credited to a different sim which i did not need as there was already credit on my replacement sim card sent from the helpline. They refused to sell me the handset without the new sim and top-up, on top of this it took abut 2 weeks to receive the replacement sim card. When i argued that i had lost a phone and was going to buy a new phone and orange would still have a customer etc i was greeted with a barage of verbal abuse.

In the end i went to another orange shop in Dundee outside the wellgate and they helped sort the mess out, orange have since closed this shop that helped and left the other one open. After this sour experience i decided to unlock my orange hanset and go back to Virgin who i never had a problem with but left because i was won over by the cheaper orange handset. Moral of the story - don't be tricked into cheaper handsets!

3 comments
Feb 22, 2011 10:03 pm EST

My good friends call me Jay. On Wednesday, 5th January 2017, I decided to switch from Pay as you Go to a wonderful Pay Monthly deal which included me paying absolutely nothing for up to four months because of my amazing phone fund given to me for being such a great loyal customer.
On Wednesday, 5th January 2017, I phoned orange. The customer service representative told me assured me that I will receive my phone, a Blackberry 8520 (Black) on the coming Friday, 7th January 2017. By Friday, I waited hours for my delivery, and phoned up to check ([protected]). To my amazement, “The phone is out of stock. There is no delivery coming to you yet. I have now put the order through. You will receive your phone this coming Monday”.
By Monday, 10th January 2017, I waited for my phone. I waited, got impatient and phoned in order to be given a specific time to expect delivery if possible. Again, “The phones are out of stock. You couldn’t have possibly been told that you would receive a delivery today. There is nothing on the way to you. I cannot tell you when you will be guaranteed a phone as we do not know when a phone to expect deliveries”. I phoned another customer service representative. I spoke to “Steve” on Extension 47260, if I remember correctly and another on 62427 afterwards. I was then advised that they were finally in stock. Both versions; silver and black. I then telephoned orange again at about 4pm, and was told to expect my order between 9am and 5pm on Tuesday, 11th January 2017.
It is now 13:35hrs, Tuesday 11th January 2017. There is no phone. I phoned orange again, and they tell me the phones are still out of stock, and there is no phone coming to my address today or any time soon. WHY HAVE I BEEN REPEATEDLY LIED TO? Why all this distress. Up to this past week, I have always referred to Orange as the perfect network.

C
Dec 05, 2008 10:35 am EST

I left Orange broadband 3 years ago, now I would like to join 02 broadband but found that orange had placed a tag on my line, I've called them four times each time them sayin within 7-10 days the tag will be removed, it was not! the last time I called them they put me on hold for over 10mins, then put the phone down on me! Every thine I call it costs around £3! WHAT CAN I DO? Can any one help me please? Other wise i will have to call OF.COM.
[protected]

Dec 11, 2009 9:14 am EST

I appreciate your frustration, I had a similar problem.

To get it sorted out I called Orange and had a chat to them, explained exactly what was happening and told them what I expected to happen. They said they couldn't do a few things (give me free line rental for 12 months (suppose if you don't ask then you don't get!)) but as they knew how frustrated I was they managed to get the line sorted out.

Whenever I speak to a company I remind myself that they are just human! Much of the time they do just want to sort things out though unless you contact them directly (again ;) ) then they don't always know that you're angry!

Let me know how it goes!

T
12:57 am EST

Orange - claim to prize

to mr.peter hetcher
sir we have won aprize of 1, 000000usd from orange telecom, when the money will be transfered from your bank to our account
halifax bank asked us to submit international passport but we didnt have any passport
proof of winning and
f.r.o
we lives in india how can we submit it to your bank in u.k
suggest us.

C
Nov 02, 2008 5:49 pm EST

recived text from mail2sms from elbird@eim.ae
congratulations you won $100, 000 in orange mobile lotto, ticket no; sd8185, call [protected] for claims or tony on sd8185@gmail.com.
they ask for ticket no, phone no, name, address & email
for real or not9

E
Mar 11, 2009 5:32 am EDT

that all fraud dude!

3:30 pm EST

Orange - very high bill due to carelessness

i was asked by mobinil to pay for my first monthly bill that was supposed to be by only 25 LE as i did not exceed the 5000 minutes for a free number that i am fully sure that i confirmed that number to one of customer service agents on 18.12.2010 at 9.05 AM
But when to pay, i was told that you should pay more than 300 LE
and still waiting a message from them to cancel the over amount for that previous free number.

2:15 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My 12 year old son applied for a" free game" from the News Of The World paper, simply text "YES" to a number and you get a free game for your mobile. He did this, received the game, then text again "STOP" to ensure no more games were received. Now by Oberon Media that is a sister company, they have bombarded my sons mobile with obscene photos of women...

6:39 pm EDT

Orange - referral to debt collecting agency with no notification

wish to complain about the way Orange Home referred me over to a Debt Collecting Agency.

In October 2009 my family wanted to go over to Talk Talk which meant that i had to cancel my orange broadband. I had an email from Orange saying that my account was cancelled on the 16th October and that no further bills would be generated. As my account was on Direct Debit the wording of this email gave me the impression that my account was clear and I did not owe anything.

You can imagine my surprise when I received a letter from Direct Legal and collections last week approximately six months later informing me that I had to pay a debt of £17.61 immediately. I did ring up and tell Direct legal and collections that I had no notification from Orange home that I even owed this debt If I owed it fair enough but why did Orange Home not inform me at the time when I cancelled broadband. Direct Legal and collections said that Orange Home should have sent me notification about the debt but they were not really interested in why no notification had been sent. I also sent Direct Legal and collections an email where Orange had stated in writing that my broadband account had been closed on the 16th October and no futher bills would be generated but they were not interested in what I had in writing from Orange.

I was rather mystified why Orange Home referred me over to a Debt collecting agency without any notification of this debt and why did they tell me no further bills would be generated and then refer me over to a debt collector.

I did email customer services about two weeks ago but as to date no reply. Have also written letter of complaint which will be posted tomorrow but do not expect to get any joy. Needless to say I will not be recommending Orange Broadband. I think it would have been far more courteous if Orange Home had written to me in the first place to inform me about the debt before referring me over to debt collector.

I did pay the debt because I wanted a peaceful life and I wanted the debt collection agency off my back think how many others have Orange Home done this too i wonder.

jane

S
11:32 am EST

Orange - beware!

Dear winner,

This is to inform you that have been selected for a Cash prize of 1, 000, 000.00 (One Million Great British Pounds). The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system(ESS) from a database of over 230, 000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world. The Orange Telecomunication Email Promotion and The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your claims officer through our accredited Prize Transfer agents as stated
below:

Dr. Tim Ozodim
Email: [protected]@live.com
Tel: +[protected]/+[protected]

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as
soon as possible.

6.Occupation:
7..Phone/Fax:
8.Present Country:

If you do not contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this
notification, your winnings would be revoked. Winners are advised
to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid
fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.
Congratulations once again.

L
11:20 am EDT

Orange - ridiculous

When your 18 month contract runs out they will sign you up automatically for another 18 month without even asking you. not only that but when I enquired about an upgrade on my existing phone they told me because i had recently already renewed my contract it would be £100 quid, all because i didnt phone them until a week AFTER my previous contract ended, a contract which they renewed without my permission!

not only that, but do not ever under any circumstances let them put you on hold, 1hour initial hold to get through to the customer services, 30 min to get through to the department that deals with contract renewals and 15 minuits to get through to the department that deals with handset upgrades! i spent more time on hold than anything! absolutly rediculous.

not only that but since this happened i have had them charge me twice for the same month, refuse to replace a stolen handset on their insurance (despite clearly saying they do) and ring me up at least once a week to try and get me to upgrade DESPITE the fact that i know from the above fiasco that itll cost me £100!

Orange contacts