OptumRXauto refill

J Jan 26, 2019

I have had multiple problems with Optum RX in the past but my prescriptions are much cheaper if I use them per my insurance plan. I always call and request a refill when I need it and refuse to let them have my credit card info on file. I ask for a bill and I pay as soon as I receive my order. I received an email today that my prescription was on it's way. I never called for a refill so I called and was told that I was set up for auto refill. I denied ever giving permission for this and they couldn't tell me how and when auto refill was authorized by me. They took it off. In the meantime, I still have at least 60 days of meds left and the strength of the RX may be changed by then and I will have another 90 days worth that can't be used! I asked how I could be on auto refill when they should not have my credit card info on file and that was a requirement. She checked into it and said, " Yes, you are right. We don't set up auto refill without credit card info". So, what does that tell you??? They cannot ever explain their actions. I'm so done with Optum RX!!!

• Updated by Jan Dali · Jan 26, 2019

Another complaint regarding Optum RX is that I think the drugs they dispense are older and close to expiration dates. I have an RX for Synthroid that comes in the manufacturers bottle from Optum. The bottle I received in December 2018 expires in July 2019. Most "fresh" meds from the manufacturer have an expiration date way longer than 7 months. Check your expiration dates with Optum RX!!!