OneTravelovercharging, sending scam gift cards

DO NOT BUY TICKETS ON ONE TRAVEL. USE THEM FOR SEARCH AND BOOK WITH THE AIRLINES INSTEAD.

I have used OneTravel since 2013. The search provided me with more options and better prices than any other online airfare search website. I could find better fares than the airlines offered directly. I could pay in my currency and have a great deal. NOT ANYMORE.

This week I have booked a flight and when I looked at my credit card statement it actually cost me more than what I would have paid on the same day to the airline directly. Right after I booked the flight, OneTravel sent me an email saying this: "Great news: we found a lower price for your Airline Ticket(s) to Los Angeles. It's the same exact itinerary (travel dates, airports, passengers airlines & flights) you already booked - for less! If you'd like us to rebook at the lower price, just click the button below. We'll immediately send you a OneTravel Gift Card for $51.00* - good toward any future flight booking with OneTravel."

I clicked the button and there was no gift card, no email re-confirming my booking at a lower price, not even a confirmation that my booking still exists. I had to spend 1 hour talking to their customer service that kept forwarding me from one person to another not knowing what to do. The Customer service is outsourced to India and that does not help with understanding and confirming your bookings. Why didn't they use a call center in USA? This frustrating call experience made me even angrier.

On top of this waste of time and money, I checked the airline website while waiting for their outsourced customer service reps to figure out what is happening. I could have rebooked my flight on the airline directly with an upgrade to business class for the same money OneTravel charged me.

DO NOT SUPPORT THEM WITH YOUR BUSINESS.

El
Oct 04, 2019

Comments

• Ge
      Oct 10, 2019

Please supply the booking number you were given at the time you purchased the reservation and we will be happy to look into your concerns. Thank you