One.comautomatic renewal practices

T

One.com is a provider of web-hosting services that attract new users with low first year charges for its services. However, the charges rise considerably in thereafter. This complaint is about their practice of sending emails on their services and amongst them (although not clearly labelled) an opportunity to terminate their automatic renewal policy. If a new user does not spot this email and terminate their contract, the web-hosting service is automatically renewed with no opportunity to terminate before another 12 months payment. In an age of many junk emails, the chances for new users to spot that this is a request via email only are low. Of course, once they want payment, One.com has a policy of sending letters (as well as email) reminders to pay their invoices ! It is sad that new companies seem to be happy to adopt poor business integrity with their customers.

AL2018 Dec 02, 2018

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.6678254, 12.5708007, 3a, 75y, 6.84h, 83.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skRCv0B-synEydkH7oRU7hQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

One.Com A/S
    Mikkel Kristensen
    Kalvebod Brygge 24 1560 København V

Tlf. 40 94 63 83

AL2018 Dec 02, 2018

I am currently dealing with this despotic company and note that there may be many violations of the law in operation. It is now my intention to speak with my lawyer and not only commence litigation against one.com but to explore taking a class action lawsuit against one.com.

My reason for the exploring of a "Class Action Lawsuit" is because we are seeing way too many of these types of companies propering up everywhere. They take small increments of financial fees, knowing all too well that people will not be in a position to access legal remedy for closure, they then use the heavy hand of debt collection services that roll in countless accounts and work on a consolidated fee.

This type of financial fraud has to be stopped in its tracks.

This may also infringe upon General Data Protection Regulations.

It does seem that there is no use in complaining to the Consumer Rights bodies who never show any authoritative structures to invoke real legislative change and the sanctioning of these rogue corporate operators.

The mere use of debt collection threats to cause duress where one might think of credibility damage decreasing one's ability to secure finance or even loans is an absolute scandal when initiated by a rogue corporate operating and mis-selling non legislative complaint products and services.

It is time precedent was set at the courts of law against this type of rogue corporate financial larcency.

I will come back here soon and post a link to a blog and new website, starting with the plans to initate class action litigation against one.com and inviting others to include other hosts operating the same practices.

It would be hoped that the debt collection agencies would be made joinder in this class action lawsuit to show the damaging effect to aid and abett this type of Tort of Trespass. The debt collection agencies have a lawful duty also to make certain that such a claim to initate debt collection and the registering of the parties name is "safe" otherwise the rule of Agent to Principal does apply and they will become joinder in any litigation that may have caused unnecessary defamation and duress.

The days are gone when the big crook stealing the small amounts can get away with doing so. They are very much akin to the "Train Station Pickpocket".

Lets start our class action against one.com now and push as an example to create precent against all.

I have also been constantly affected by this company and I am now finished with being treated in such a way by the despotic alure.

• Dj
    Djrdoo Jan 23, 2018

Hey all, I'm in the same situation. Has anyone tried ignoring their requests for the funds to be paid? They've passed my debt to the debt collectors already, I just doubt that they would take me to court for £50. Has everyone else on here paid up?

• Rl
    rlewis86 Jan 19, 2018

I have also been scammed by this company. I have used about every hosting company you can think of and none of them have ever threatened to send me to collections. I do not even use the domain name I purchased through them. I contacted support and they just told me oh well. Will not even refund me for the unused portion. VERY UNETHICAL COMPANY.

Comments

• Ru
    ruby999 Nov 15, 2016

I have been scammed by this company..They sent me a renewal email 10 days prior to renewal although they claimed to have sent it 60 days prior. I had cancelled my subscription well in advance of that but they claimed that I had not. I was sent constant reminders for payment and online chat was useless, They are a disgusting company to deal with and I feel I am left with no choice but to pay up...It really is time that this company was brought to justice..AVOID!!!

• Ry
    Ryan Cook1 Sep 04, 2016

Awful company I emailed them to cancel the subscription 60 days before the subscription ended and they still carried it forward stating I had not clicked the link they sent me to cancel the account even though I notified them in writing and now I am being chased by a debt agency and my credit score has been affected. This company is unethical and very unprofessional and I am currently seeking legal advice.

• Ba
    Barry007 Jul 22, 2016

Avoid at all cost, in their "Terms of Business" which I assume no one reads have buried a text about auto-renewal 35 days before the invoice and if you miss the email they auto-renew and send you invoice, later even if you contact them and cancel the subscription before new period starts they still charge you..
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Vi
    Vinay Ku Upadhyay Jul 18, 2016

This is fake website charge money first but they did not complete order always making fool this company representative and always saying please reorder again
    I make 2 order and they still not refunded money

Please don't choose any services from this site
    if you choose at your risk

• Ar
    ArSuZ Jul 09, 2016

hi everyone i had a bad experience also with one.com becouse of atomatic renewal.
    Automatic renewal practices is legal robbery . They should of ask me shell we renew it? and take my permission
    i dont recomend it anyone at all

Joe-Kerr Oct 05, 2015

Their costumer service is disgusting. It's the worse I have ever seen. I don't mind waiting to speak to someone. Yet their live chat rarely gets to the waiting part. When you do the agent takes far to long to answer if they answer at all! Then when you try to raise an issue that actually need fix they tend to throw it back to the customer. Once it took over two days to publish but every time I contacted them it was my fault. Then on day two suddenly they fixed an issue with their servers.

Comments

Mac12346 Jul 09, 2015

I too have been scammed by one.com they engage in sharp business practice to obtain your money with there tricky 30 day cancelation policy. AVOID at all cost no telephone number to contact them, useless live support that does not work. Plus every letter for late payment attracts a penalty of £10 AVOID

• Ph
    Phil priestman Apr 17, 2013

This trickery has just caught me out also. A casual click and you would think a company would be grateful for a fools money the once, but no, I have no idea how to set up a website, I just wanted to hold onto my name should I ever do so, and thought that was all there was to it. but I let it lapse and forgot all about it until threatening letters and demands started dropping through the letterbox with alarming regularity demanding more and more money. One.com are an example of how greedy big business employ tricksters to write unreadable agreement clauses that hide pitfalls in the small print and offer no simple route to contact them or cancel relations. One day they will get theirs, there is no room for such arrogance and bullying in the future of e-commerce and Internet business transactions that rely on a high level of trust. Just like the banks once did.

• El
    ellex23 Oct 08, 2011

Both myself and the OFT think that the "terms and conditions" of "one.com" to AUTOMATICALLY RENEW the contract of a web site, if the buyer does not cancel 35 days prior to end of said contract is not to the customers benefit. Myself and many others have fallen into debt by their ability to bury this fact in their small print. Also their debt company in Denmark, even though an email address is given, does not reply to any emails sent to them and make it most difficult to pay the demands from them. WEBSITE PURCHASES BE VERY AWARE OF ONE.COM's "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" !