Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Cruise Lines Norwegian Cruise Line Compensation for denial of boarding due to close contact

Norwegian Cruise Line  -  Compensation for denial of boarding due to close contact

S
Author of the complaint
5:11 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Was scheduled to go on a cruise Feb 26/22 out of Orlando Florida. We tested before we traveled to US and again at the pier. Both times we tested negative. 2 of our group however tested positive so we were all quarantined together and we (negative) were denied boarding due to close contact. we were kept together as a group for about 3 hours and told we had to find our own accommodations. The NCL rep at the pier advised us that we would be compensated for our hotel fees and up to $100 a day for incidentals. Two of our group had traveled to the pier separately - because of that one small detail they were allowed to board. we felt because we were kept in such close contact we also contracted Covid 3 days later - the day we were to fly home. We were contacted by phone by a NCL rep that also informed us that we would be compensated for out hotel costs and up to $100 a day for meals etc. We were finally able to come back to Canada 10 days later. Filed a claim with NCL and were advised that they would not compensate us for any expenses. The person who emailed us would not provide a phone # not someone else we could discuss this with. I tried contacting customer service and the phone # they give you refers you to an online place to fill out a report which is how we filed out claim - then recording saying Have a nice day! and hangs up on you. I have been unable to talk to anyone - I have left messages with as I once had a person transfer me to me to manager of Customer Service voice mail (closest I got to talking to anyone!) but they never returned my call. The inability to discuss this with anyone is so very frustrating and the treatment of just abandoning us at the pier unacceptable.

When we were at the pier - I asked the NCL rep who said we were not allowed to board due to close contact - What are we supposed to do?! His comment was "Once you leave the pier - frankly I don't give a [censored]" Word for word. Thank you NCL for looking out for your customers.

By keeping us quarantined with positive cases over an extended period of time - NCL put our health at risk. We had been so careful maintain safe distancing up until that point in time where it became impossible to do so.

More Norwegian Cruise Line complaints & reviews

Norwegian Cruise Line - no customer service at all
Norwegian Cruise Line - worst experience ever
Norwegian Cruise Line - horrible service, rude staff, poor quality food!
Norwegian Cruise Line - cruise on ncl dawn aug. 23 to aug. 30