Menu
Norwegian Cruise Line Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Norwegian Cruise Line
reviews and complaints

www.ncl.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 317 Reviews

How responsive is Norwegian Cruise Line's customer service?

26 Resolved
288 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Norwegian Cruise Line handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Norwegian Cruise Line and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Norwegian Cruise Line has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Norwegian Cruise Line reviews and complaints 317

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
2 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Norwegian Cruise Line reviews and complaints

4:44 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise was cancelled by NCL

Norwegian Epic was cancelled, depart from Portugal 15 Feb 2024 - 25 Feb 2024. Airline tickets was already booked. We tried ti book another cruise within these dates, but there was no other cruise departures from Portugal. We were forced to cancel our flight to And from Portugal. Airline only credit us the taxes, we lost the rest of the flight tickets amount

Desired outcome: Want compensation for flight cancellation, we were forced to cancel due to NCL that CANCEL our CRUISE!

6:38 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Customer service

My family and friends have used Norwegian Cruise Line for years as our preferred cruise line. Unfortunately, after this last experience, we will NEVER use them again. For this particular trip, we’ve booked about 40 cabins in all as a group trip to Alaska. My father booked the reservations for him/my mom, my sister/husband, and me/my cousin, with that being said my father also called in to set up a deviated flight for all of us to leave out of JFK on 6/19 instead of 6/21. EVERYONE’S flights were changed to the correct departure date EXCEPT for mine. So I have spent over 6 hours on the phone trying to figure out how that had happened and no one will answer that question for me because there is supposedly “no recording” of my dad making that change YET my sisters and his were changed, so again I ask how is that possible? One person said they may have lost the call and so it's still my problem even if they lost the call. To me that is an unacceptable anger and so I have been hung up on multiple times because they have said they WILL NOT help me further and they WILL NOT answer the simple question HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THERE’S ARE CHANGED BUT MINE ARE NOT. So sorry Norwegian this WILL be the last time my family and I use you guys. Have a wonderful day!

Desired outcome: I would like for my reservation air flight to be fixed to 6/19/23 like it should have been originally and how the rest of my parties is.

J
5:29 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian flight booking department

We booked 2 cruise vacations with NCL for the 10-day Greek Isles for May 6th 2023 - May 16th 2023 (Rome: Santorini, Athens & Florence) round trip including flights from San Francisco, CA USA to Rome, Italy. This flight connects in Calgary, Canada. This vacation bundle included air travel through Norwegian's air travel partner WestJet airlines. We selected the air bundle and trusted Norwegian to help plan the details of our trip without hassle. But it ended up turning into a nightmare and so much unnecessary stress and a 6hrs delay.

Details below:

WestJet oversold 29 tickets and then bumped passengers to other airlines. While we paid and were checked-in, we are now on standby without guarantee of travel without notice. We called our Norwegian travel agent who said that Norwegian accepts no responsibility and suggested we book new tickets at our own cost or contact WestJet to resolve. After being rejected by help by Norwegian, we went to WestJet who also offered no help and finally KLM who was totally confused why WestJet would offload oversold passengers to an already full flight and cannot guarantee seats. We made multiple calls to WestJet reservations to help us get on a flight with guaranteed seats but they said that there is nothing they can do and that we would have to just hope that KLM will take us on standby OR we can book with another airline on our own. There were other Norwegian travelers on the same WestJet flight all around us trying to get resolution to the same problem. We all received no support from Norwegian nor WestJet. Norwegian provided no help when it was clearly their fault in this matter. WestJet irresponsibly sold more tickets than they have seats on the plane and then just bumped passengers to anywhere and anyone.

Norwegian booked the air travel details for us to fly into Rome a day in advance of the sailing date. We checked in 24hrs ahead on WestJet's website and everything looked fine. When we arrived at the San Francisco airport, we checked in luggage and everything appeared fine as well until we were at the boarding gate and downloaded the WestJet mobile app, we realized our flight (WS1509) is no longer connecting to Calgary but changed to Amsterdam and the airline has changed from WestJet to KLM without any notice! This did not match up with the boarding pass we were given just 20 mins prior from the WestJet check-in staff. We walked over to the KLM boarding gate to ask about the sudden change in airline and destination and was told by the flight director that the KLM flight as it stands is already full and though WestJet informed him of he change, he cannot guarantee a seat and also that WestJet is transferring 29 of their passengers over to KLM and recommended that we talk to our travel agent and/or WestJet agents. We went back to the WestJet counter for an explanation as well as requested the return of our checked luggage. If we did not do this, we would have to deal with lost luggage, another hassle.

In the end after speaking to so many agents we gave up on WestJet and KLM was able to get us boarded after all but the whole experience was scary and a nightmare. We were able to make it through out of pure luck and being extremely persistent with the new airline who pity us and gave us seats. Since we paid Norwegian a good amount of money we should not have to rely on luck and the kindness of strangers like that. They took our money and left us to "figure it out" on our own. This is a terrible experience that no one should endure and Norwegian should take more responsibility on.

Desired outcome: We request a refund from Norwegian as we were unable to enjoy our trip from the anxiety and trauma.

J
4:10 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Air dept

We booked an Eastern Mediterranean cruise with NCL on the Getaway for our family of 5 (in 2 staterooms) in February, 2023 which included airfare. On Monday, April 17, I called NCL to get our flight adjusted so we could leave a day early. I was told when we booked in February this was not an issue and could be done at any time. Imagine my surprise when we received an email that evening that one of our two stateroom reservations was cancelled. After being on the phone with NCL's customer service for 1 hour and 34 minutes, we finally had the issue resolved (but couldn't leave the day early as hoped). In that process, the agent asked if one of our children did not need an airline reservation. As he researched further, he saw that NCL had somehow cancelled my daughter's airline reservation, although we had no information as to how or why this happened. He told us that he would send it to their Air Dept the next morning and it should be resolved in several days because it was NCL's fault. One week later, I called back as I had not heard anything and he told me that it would be resolved by the time we got our confirmed flight information. Today we received the email with only 4 flights confirmed. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone with NCL this morning as well as multiple times this afternoon (always with a hold time of at least 20++ minutes) and I have been told that they will resolve this as soon as 3 days from now (but not sooner) up to 10 days before our cruise! And there is no guarantee that this "resolution" will involve getting my minor child on the same flight or any flight at all! The Resolution Department keeps telling me there is no one they can escalate this issue to, that they can't call the people who make airline reservations and that they can only email them. They have had a month to work on this and now we are stuck. We have already paid for the cruise and the airfare but I don't know if we can even all go.

Desired outcome: Flight confirmation for my daughter ASAP - not in 3 or more days from now

12:44 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian customer service (or lack thereof)

This companies lack of customer service is astounding. I’m just shocked! I had included NCLs flight reservation with my cruise. I asked for a flight deviation before final payment was due (to get into the port 2 days before sailing) and thought it was on my itinerary. Long story short it was not (I accept it is my fault as it was a misunderstanding between myself and the rep). I received my flight info today. Noticed my flight arrives the port less than 2 hours before I am due on the boat. That is a problem so decided to call and ask for help in getting this modified.

Their answer was no, no changes. I offered to pay a flight change fee. No, no changes under any circumstances. (Though I know the airline allows changes for a fee even on their cheapest flights; and also know that flights CAN be changed for free within 24 hours of the booking - I was calling within 5 hours of their email with the flight info). I asked that they release the flights to the airline so I can make changes directly with them. Their answer was No.

I asked for a refund so I could book my own flights then as I’m uncomfortable with getting into the port site less than 2 hours before I’m supposed to be on the boat. Their answer; you will lose $1100 of your $1450 as you missed the cancellation window. I had received my flights approximately 5 hours before my phone call to them. Flight cancellation fees start before flights are booked.

Summary:
Flights are only known AFTER penalty timelines begin. Their penalties are loss of 70%+ of your money! They refuse to make any changes (even for a fee). They also refuse to release the reservation so you can change the flights directly with the airline (for a fee). I asked what happens if I miss the boat due to flight delays. I was told they hold no responsibility. I’ll have to figure out how to get to the next port myself. Escalating to Customer Service gets you an extremely rude, arrogant and incredibly disrespectful rep (mine was Starling).

I am still flabbergasted at the lack of respect and nastiness of Starling. I’m reading other complaints I see this is a pattern with NCL. I’ve spent +10k on this cruise, have 4 additional cruises booked and am a stockholder. None of it matters.

Desired outcome: Flight change or release of reservation to the airline so I can do it myself.

9:54 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line May 14th 2023 Greek Isles Cruise

We purchased our Greek Isles cruise and reserved a Hawaiian Cruise for March of 2024. We were advised by the NCL travel agent to purchase the platinum insurance package, which cost $644, so we could cancel our trip for any reason. We also purchased the flights through NCL as well. When we received out flight details we contacted NCL because the layover at JFK was very short. Despite there being earlier flights into JFK from our home city, they refused to change the flight unless we paid additional money. We boarded our Delta airlines flight to JFK. The flight was first delayed because the plane needed more fuel, then for weather, then they re-routed the plane, then changed the arrival gate and then the pilot refused to move to the gate twice due to passengers standing. We missed the connecting flight. We contacted NCL and the person answering the phone barely spoke English and told me that it was not their problem and I should try to get a flight to the first port, at my expense, and then make an insurance claim to recoup the money spent. We tried to get Delta to book us a flight but there were no flights that would get us to Athens in time for the cruise.

If this happened to just us that would be bad enough. However we met 10 separate travelers with the same issue. When we tried to make a claim against the insurance we were denied because cancel for any reason is not what we were told we purchased. The Aon insurance platinum package for NCL is not the same as their platinum package for basically anyone not with NCL. We were funneled to purchase this coverage under false pretenses by NCL. This is a HUGE scam fully facilitated by NCL!

Desired outcome: I want the money that I paid for this whole nightmare refunded.

T
4:00 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Unfair practices

Upon booking my flight with Norwegian cruise Director. My mother was added to my reservation at a later date I was not told that my 78-year-old mother would not be able to fly along with us. Furthermore, my mother was not even added to my reservation. as a result, she is being forced to fly along to Europe from Atlanta after providing a doctors note saying that my mother was unable to fly alone due to her disability and multiple health conditions there was still no commitment to change the flight by Norwegian. I am left having the responsibility of pay $2800 for my mother to fly along with her family. If I knew this was even a possibility I would’ve made reservations for hard to breathe be in the room with us and have guarantee flight along with her family.

Desired outcome: Provide a flight from my mother on the same airline with her family.

DJFlynn
Charleston, US
May 23, 2023 5:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ugh, we are having the same issue, may I ask the name of your Cruise Director? The customer services is absolutely terrible. I doesn't matter who you speak to. We have a large group traveling to Europe and requested that we all travel together for similar reasons. They have put my niece and her 3 years old on flights by themselves with 2 layovers, one is a 10 hr layover and the other is 7 hrs. REDICULOUS! They refuse to move them to another flight that some of are on with much shorter layovers even though there is room on the flight. UGH THE LACK of caring from this company is so disappointing. They have an "it is what it" is mentality and its sad. When did companies stop caring about their customers.

3:13 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Pricing policy

Cruise Reservation # [protected]

SHIP: NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY SAILING:

3-Sep-2023 to 13-Sep-2023

ITINERARY: 10-DAY GREEK ISLES ROUND-TRIP ROME: SANTORINI, MYKONOS & FLORENCE

EMBARKATION: CIVITAVECCHIA ROME

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing this letter to bring attention towards your pricing policy. We are two couples that booked this cruise back in October 2022. We booked early believing we would be getting the best price. After making the final payment as per NCL’s request before May 6, 2023, I received your brochure in the mail with the exact cruise we will be taking at a considerable discount. After calling one of your agents, I was told that since the final payment had been made we would not qualify for any discount. They gave me two options as compensation, one was to get some upgrades and the other was to accept a credit towards a future cruise determined by another department. We chose the latter and are still waiting for the amount.

This whole situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. By my estimation, we overpaid by $5,739.48. This cruise was a celebration gift for my wife after undergoing a traumatic accident five years ago. It would also be our first vacation in over five years.

We will certainly cruise in the future but NCL will certainly not be one of our choices if an acceptable resolution is not found.

Desired outcome: Difference refund or cancellation with full refund.

1:55 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line False advertisement- changing fee

We have booked a cruise with NCL Epic starting from 28th august 2023 from Trieste. The offer was advertised with 50% discount. After we booked a cruise and payed deposit, on NCL pages came a new offer with 30% of discount on this cruise. Out of curiosity we looked up the new offer and discovered that the full amount without discount is now advertised much lower than the one we can find in our offer so it turned out that the same cruise with all the same conditions is cheaper with 30% discount then 50% discount.

After contacting our cruise assistent, we received the confirmation that our cruise with same conditions is now much cheaper but if we want to have this new conditions, we have to pay changing fee.

According to EU laws, false advertisement to customers across EU and failing to remedy such misconduct and recover damages to the customers is punishable by law.

Minimum what we expect is to receive an apology for the change of the basic price without formal notice and to withdraw all possible costs connected to the equalinf our offer with the one now advertised.

8:06 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Recent cruise on the Prima

We recently sailed on the NCL Prima (3/12 thru 3/19). The only really nice thing I can say about this cruise was the casino and our room. The service was terrible. Examples:

(1) We went to diner at Hudsons. While people around us were getting served, we had to wait. Then our food was luke warm. Then no one came to even fill our water glasses. It was terrible.

(2) Most times there was only one or two people manning the bars. It took my husband almost 45 minutes to get served.

(3) It also took a while for the waiters to come around for drink orders. We were told that because the ship is smaller, staff was only at half.

(4) It was the same food constantly. One waitress said "oh well, this is the way it is". I've never had anyone be so rude as some of the staff. Granted it was only a few.

(5) We got to Grand Cayman, then the ship started to pull away. The Captain never told us why we were leaving until 9 a.m. I understand the water being choppy and not wanting anyone to get hurt, but let us know prior to pulling out of port please.

(6) You had only 2 spots to smoke in. The casino and deck 17. The back of the boat was sealed off for staff so you couldn't even see the back of the ship.

My husband said that on all the ships we've sailed on, including Carnival (which he will never step foot on again), this was the worst. We are supposed to go with our daughter and a big group to Bermuda on the Joy in May of 2024. My husband is not sure because we spent so much money on the last cruise. Our daughter said that the joy is so much better. We are booked but my husband is thinking about cancelling. This is supposed to be a vacation. Stress free and enjoyable. This was not the case. This was our first vacation in 5 years. We so needed it.

Desired outcome: To be honest, I don't know. It was just a terrible vacation. You can come up with something so my husband doesn't cancel please.

2:07 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Customer Service

May 2 I called to ask questions about my room. The customer service agent Alicia was very condescending, would not let me speak to a manager. I called back same day waited for 48 min to talk to a manager Sara and she was of no help. The aggravation and distress prior to even getting on the boat is ridiculous! To say my experience with NCL is BAD is an understatement. I don't even want to step on this boat! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Desired outcome: I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL AND GET MY MONEY BACK!

V
7:51 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Norwegian Cruise Line Incorrect air line bookings @ Norwegian Cruise Lines Prima on May 14th fom NYC. No response from the airline division. Seperated from our group.

We are a group of 3 couples booked a cruise with airfare from Atlanta to New York and onto Norwegian Cruise lines. We had requested two day stay at Reykjavik and then fly back to Atlanta.

The cruise lines has separated us from our group flying from Atlanta to New York on May 14th. Then it gets even worse as our return tickets are not right.

All of us had requested to stay back in Reykjavik for two more days after disembarking the cruise. Regardless of our request we were all booked on the same day to come back to Atlanta on the 25th. My husband caught the error and called the cruise line. They admitted and rectified their mistakes only for two other couples. We had contacted Norwegian several times and so did our travel agent. We get the same response saying that our issue has been escalated by customer service. The sailing date is two weeks away. All the hotels and excursion bookings are getting filled up in Reykjavik. We are extremely anxious. There is no way to reach somebody in airline booking division. This is our one time chance in life and has turned out to be anxiety laden experience.

Desired outcome: We would like to see our booking rectified. Add us with our group on airlines for two days extended stay in Reykjavik.

Cindy howard
Brookfield, US
May 14, 2023 3:11 pm EDT

We are going on a cruise with NCL on May 28. We made our reservations in November got our flight info in early April with the wrong dates after many many long phone calls at a great loss of my precious time. They have corrected the selling dates however, they told us we had to make our own seat reservations the airline on the way to London allowed this. We are not able to make reservations for seats on the way home, however. NCL says we need to contact the airline, the airline says NCL is responsible. We are so fed up from fighting with them to get the flight days correct in the first place that we are not even going to bother trying to book seats on the way back , Norwegian does not even have information on the airlines that they book you on, such as do you pay extra for baggage or seat selection? I have always wanted to go to Norway, and instead of being excited, I am apprehensive because of the poor service we have received thus far and all of the negative reviews with similar problems and others that I hope we don’t have to deal with as well! Especially with broken down ships, sewer systems on the boat that don’t work, and the idea that any compensation is a credit to use they are lying again! I haven’t even gone yet, and I can assure you I never will think of going on a cruise with NCL again .

6:06 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise

I had booked a cruise for June 0f 2023 and less than 45 days prior to departure the airlines they choose were keeping us in flight for 2 days and when i tried to change this terrible flight pattern i was only told penalties would be applied. the flight was so ridicules that we had to cancel and no one at NCL cared at all. We lost a lot of money so be careful with your insurance because even though you are not sick to get your money back is limited we lost most of the cost of the cruise but to start out a cruise with a terrible flight that would be more stressful than the entire trip made no sense. The fact that no one in upper management cared what so ever about our experience says a lot about the experience you could have in future cruises. The fact that I have been on over 20 crusies and have had to cancel says alot about how much NCL does not care about their passengers and only cares about money.

Desired outcome: I want them to correct our flights and get us to the cruise within a decent amount of time

Update by Susie Lacondeguy
Apr 25, 2023 6:17 pm EDT

NCL is the worst their upper management does not care if you are unhappy with the pre flight information and the fact that they have you flying for 2 days to get to your destination which makes no sense and will only charge you a penalty to change the horrible itinerary that they chose for you. Do not book with this cruise line unless you want to be put in a situation that does not allow you a great experience but puts you on the cheapest flights with numerous lay overs that could easily loose your luggage along with your time. The other sad fact is when you will cancel your cruise they make it extremely difficult to get your money back which is lame because you lose so much because you trust them with your travel plans and they keep most of your money. I have been on over 20 crusies and this is the worst experience that i have ever had.

2:50 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line cruise cancelled without my permission

On Feb 6 I was supposed to go on a cruise on Norweigan Sky. Roomate cancelled on January 27th and they inadvertently cancelled me. I wanted to go. On that same day I called 3 hours after this happened and they couldn't/wouldn't help me. I filed insurance claim as requested and was turned down as not a valid reason. I have gone to the next level and have been informed I might get 50 percent of 75 percent of money in credits. I am out 1800 and feel as if I am being punished for something I didn't do. I AM AT WITS END AS OF WHAT TO DO AT THIS POINT. I AM SICK FROM THIS AND NORWEIGAN IS VERY NASTY. i DON'T HAVE ANY RECOURSE OR ANYONE TO GO TO. I WOULD LOVE TO CALL SOMEONE FOR HELP. NO PHONES OR EMAILS LEFT.

I AM A SENIOR ON A LIMITED INCOME. ALL I WANTED IS MY CRUISE BACK

Desired outcome: I WANTED MY CRUISE BACK OR MY MONEY.

T
9:00 am EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Breakaway ship out of New Orleans Port - 4/9 to 4/16

This ship is old and needs to be refurbished. Upon our initial boarding of this ship, we were routed thru the Casino on deck 7, which reeked of cigarette smoke, and we had just boarded the ship. The entire ship smelled of the Casino. Our room was 14106 in the front of the ship, and you could still smell it. From day 1 I was struggling to breathe. We set sail and the 1st night we attempted to go to the shopping area and could not stay due to the overwhelming smell from the Casino. When we approached the main area just off the Casino the smoke was so bad it was like a cloud and this went on the whole time we were on the cruise. When speaking to the Manager in the Watch area, I stated that the smell was bad and he stated that it was worse than normal for their cruise. It felt like the ventilation was not working or the filters were not being maintained to keep the ventilation working. I want a refund for this cruise as I was not able to enjoy the cruise due to getting sick the 1st day with allergies, our friends wife has Asthma and she could not go anywhere near the Casino area. We visited the restaurant's farthest from the Casino just to eat. By Far the worst experience ever. Also while trying to eat the ship was shuddering and knocking it was difficult to eat due to the engine being so bouncy, I have a video during breakfast, the ship was shuddering so bad the table was rocking and the sea was smooth not choppy. This was during the whole cruise.

Desired outcome: full refund of the cruise.

11:57 am EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Charge for adding middle name

Reservation [protected]

I was never asked when directly purchased my cruise for my middle name and I was told when complained Im sorry but they are not required to ask. I was afraid that I would not be able to board my plane or cruise so out of fear I paid the 300.00 for me and my husband. Is there any way to compensate me for this please give onboard credit to my reservation. Thank you.

It makes me very very sad and I will never book another cruise with NCL.

O
O
ohoh7
Las Vegas, US
May 10, 2023 10:28 pm EDT

I feel your anger, The exact same thing just happened to my wife and I just an hour ago when I opened an e-mail that was a week old. No middle names on our reservations so we could not board the air flights they were going to book for us. Called NCL and talked to a supervisor ( Ronda I think ) who was of no help at all. We are Latitudes members and always book the Haven. One would think that when you are spending 15-20k for a cruise that being nickel and dimed by the cruise line is in bad form. This will be the last cruise with NCL for us also. Jeffry Burger

L
10:50 am EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Excursions

We are first time Norwegian customers, and I must say the service so far sucks! We have been given wrong and poor information about every excursion we have tried to include. 1st the train from the airport to the ship terminal. Called in Nov, Dec, Feb told can't book yet need to do 120 days prior. Called in April (traveling in Sept) and was told it was all sold out. Can't use our $50 credit and have to pay full fare for a different train leaving at 6:45 AM. Just what we want to do on vacation, get up at 5am like we are going to work. Now same thing with the Mendel Glacier and whale quest. No one has been able to give us the right information about days and months to book these tours and we are getting screwed at every turn! These should be able to be booked at the time the cruise is paid for and through a travel agent or by the traveler. I was married to an agent at one time and have traveled all over the world and have never had these problems being misinformed. You need to get ALL of your sellers, dealers and info staff on the same page via email or co letter. This may be a first and last for us as we are reaching retirement and don't need this stress in our lives and 50 years of it. Four years ago, we did a Carnival cruise, and it was near perfect although it was half kids BUT stress free.

Desired outcome: Give the right information through all channels involved in booking a cruise/excursion no matter who we speak with.

Y
4:44 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Travel protection

RESERVATION # [protected] LATITUDES # [protected] . I purchased travel protection .On 19 Nov 22 I became sick and reported to the medical staff and they tested and treated me . The charge was $1984.36 . On returning home I filed a claim to Aon insurance and I am still waiting for my claim. I checked with them today and they have sent it up to a higher department for review . They said to give them more time to process . I have been waiting for 5 months now . I purchased the insurance thru NCL so I am asking for your HELP to resolve this problem . I am at the point of filing to the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Attorney General . You can contact me GARY RAMSEUR [protected]@yahoo.com [protected] Travel Ins .Ref # 3279969 THANK YOU .

Desired outcome: Please help me get my money $1984.36 from AON insurance Co.

5:11 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Essentials travel protection

We booked a cruise on the NCL EPIC leaving NEW York and sailing to Barcelona Spain departure date April 22 2023. The cruise was fully paid on February 18,2023. During the booking which was done by phone, I requested the Essentials Travel Protection plan for myself and my wife. I was told I had to wait until April 1 2023, and include this option when I completed the Online Check-in procedure forms. So, April 1 2023, I completed the Online Check-in forms and discovered there was no option to add the Essentials Travel Protection plan to our itinerary. So, I phoned NCL, and reported the problem.

I was told the Essentials Travel Protection was not available to Canadians. Apparently, this new policy had come into effect on February 16 2023. I had booked the cruise and paid the full amount on February 18 2023. At that time nobody from NCL had informed me of the policy change. My wife and I have cruised with NCL numerous times, and we are both Latitudes Platinum members.We always used the travel protection plan as it was cheaper that getting private insurance. Is there anything NCL can do to add this to our trip.

Alan Humphreys

Desired outcome: We would like to have the Essentials Travel Protection plan

W
1:55 pm EDT

Norwegian Cruise Line Air reservations and representative

I booked the Hawaii cruise on May 13 which included the airline reservations.

I tried to cancel a few days after I made the reservation. I was told that there would be a $500 or so cancellation cost. I could not believe it. The reservations were not even made. I made my reservation in March for a May 12 cruise.

When I recieved my reservations, the flight to Hawaii was ok, but the return flight was horrible. I was told that reservations would be made as close to my cruise

time and departure time from the ship. I would depart from the ship about 9 am.

They scheduled my return flight at 11:20 pm. I would have to wait at the airport about 14 hours. I called the airliine reservations and she was so RUDE!

I explained the situation and she said I should have read the contract and there was no way I could change my reservation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that the supervisor would tell me the same thing.

When I booked the cruise in March there were no solo rooms and I had to pay almost double for the next room up which was almost double since I had to pay for 2 people. I requested an upgrade online and was told that I should have to pay for 2 people if there was an upgrade. My friends got an upgrade for $300 for both.

I've never been on a cruise before and if I go again, it will not be with Norweigian or any other travel.

Desired outcome: I would like to be able to change my flight to come home earlier and would hope with my friends. This has been a horrible experience. I received terrible treatment.

Norwegian Cruise Line In-depth Review

Overview of Norwegian Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line is a popular cruise line that offers a wide range of itineraries and destinations for travelers to choose from. With a fleet of modern and well-equipped ships, Norwegian Cruise Line provides a memorable vacation experience for all types of travelers.

Destinations and Itineraries: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a diverse selection of destinations, including the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, and more. Whether you're looking for a tropical getaway or a cultural exploration, there is a cruise itinerary to suit your preferences. The itineraries are carefully planned to include a mix of popular ports and hidden gems, allowing passengers to experience the best of each destination.

Onboard Experience: The onboard experience with Norwegian Cruise Line is exceptional. The ships are designed with modern amenities and luxurious features, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay for passengers. From spacious cabins to state-of-the-art entertainment venues, there is something for everyone onboard.

Dining Options: Norwegian Cruise Line is known for its wide variety of dining options. From casual buffets to specialty restaurants, there is a culinary experience to satisfy every palate. The cruise line also offers flexible dining options, allowing passengers to dine whenever and wherever they choose.

Accommodation: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. From cozy interior cabins to luxurious suites, there is a room for every type of traveler. The cabins are well-appointed and provide a comfortable space to relax and unwind.

Entertainment and Activities: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a plethora of entertainment and activities onboard. From Broadway-style shows to live music performances, there is always something happening on the ship. Additionally, passengers can enjoy a variety of recreational activities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and sports courts.

Service and Staff: The service and staff on Norwegian Cruise Line are highly praised by passengers. The crew members are friendly, attentive, and always ready to assist with any needs or concerns. The cruise line strives to provide exceptional service to ensure a memorable vacation experience for all guests.

Pricing and Value for Money: Norwegian Cruise Line offers competitive pricing and provides good value for money. The cruise line frequently offers promotions and discounts, making it more affordable for travelers to embark on a cruise vacation. The overall experience and amenities provided justify the cost of the cruise.

Safety and Security Measures: Norwegian Cruise Line prioritizes the safety and security of its passengers. The cruise line adheres to strict safety protocols and implements advanced security measures to ensure a secure environment onboard. Passengers can feel confident and at ease during their cruise vacation.

Customer Reviews and Satisfaction: Norwegian Cruise Line has received positive customer reviews and high satisfaction ratings. Passengers appreciate the excellent service, diverse itineraries, and top-notch amenities provided by the cruise line. The overall experience with Norwegian Cruise Line is often described as memorable and enjoyable.

Sustainability and Environmental Initiatives: Norwegian Cruise Line is committed to sustainability and environmental initiatives. The cruise line has implemented various measures to reduce its environmental impact, such as using advanced wastewater treatment systems and investing in energy-efficient technologies. Passengers can feel good about choosing a cruise line that prioritizes environmental responsibility.

Booking Process and Customer Support: The booking process with Norwegian Cruise Line is straightforward and user-friendly. The cruise line provides a seamless online booking platform, allowing passengers to easily browse and select their preferred cruise itinerary. Additionally, the customer support team is readily available to assist with any inquiries or concerns.

Loyalty Program and Benefits: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a loyalty program called "Latitudes Rewards" for frequent cruisers. Members of the program can enjoy exclusive benefits, such as priority embarkation, onboard discounts, and special offers. The loyalty program rewards passengers for their continued support and loyalty.

Accessibility and Special Needs Services: Norwegian Cruise Line is committed to providing accessibility and special needs services for all passengers. The cruise line offers accessible cabins, wheelchair-friendly facilities, and trained staff to assist passengers with disabilities or special needs. Passengers can feel confident that their needs will be accommodated during their cruise vacation.

Additional Amenities and Services: Norwegian Cruise Line offers a range of additional amenities and services to enhance the cruise experience. From spa treatments to onboard shopping, passengers can indulge in various luxuries during their vacation. The cruise line also provides a variety of shore excursions, allowing passengers to explore each destination in more depth.

Comparison with Competitors: Norwegian Cruise Line stands out among its competitors for its diverse itineraries, exceptional service, and innovative onboard features. The cruise line offers a unique vacation experience that caters to a wide range of preferences and interests. Passengers can expect a high level of quality and satisfaction when choosing Norwegian Cruise Line.

Pros and Cons of Norwegian Cruise Line: Pros of Norwegian Cruise Line include diverse itineraries, excellent service, and top-notch amenities. The cons may include higher pricing compared to some competitors and limited availability of certain activities or dining options on smaller ships. However, the overall experience with Norwegian Cruise Line is highly positive.

Conclusion and Recommendation: Norwegian Cruise Line is a highly recommended cruise line for travelers seeking a memorable vacation experience. With its diverse itineraries, exceptional service, and top-notch amenities, Norwegian Cruise Line offers a cruise experience that is sure to exceed expectations. Whether you're a first-time cruiser or a seasoned traveler, Norwegian Cruise Line is a fantastic choice for your next vacation.

How to file a complaint about Norwegian Cruise Line?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, please ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint submission form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Norwegian Cruise Line. Make it specific and clear, such as "Overcharged for Cabin on Norwegian Cruise Line" or "Poor Customer Service on Norwegian Getaway Cruise".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint details section, provide a thorough description of your experience. Include key areas such as booking process, cabin conditions, customer service, onboard facilities, hygiene standards, food quality, and any specific incidents that occurred. Mention any transactions you had with the company, including booking numbers, dates, and amounts paid. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, the steps you took to resolve it, and how the company responded. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it be stress, financial loss, or disappointment.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, correspondence, or photographs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Norwegian Cruise Line. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, compensation, or another form of resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, make sure to regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Engage with any follow-up queries or resolutions offered by Norwegian Cruise Line or the ComplaintsBoard.com community.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Norwegian Cruise Line customer service

Phone numbers

800 0310 2121 +47 21 956 210 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Norwegian Cruise Line?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norwegian Cruise Line Customer Service. Initial Norwegian Cruise Line complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norwegian Cruise Line above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norwegian Cruise Line. Discuss the issues you have had with Norwegian Cruise Line and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.