Norton From Symantecunauthorized credit card charges

J

There had been many complaints off late on symantec norton's unauthorized debiting of consumers' accounts. I had to call in recently to one of their call centres in india to get my automated charge off my account.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqO7i1s3-2g for more details on a recent credit card scam exposed in one of the norton's call centres.

RESOLVED

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Hello Gus,
    Sorry about the delay. I could see that the second charge has been reversed. Let me know if you still need any help.
    Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Si
    sickpuppy70454 Sep 25, 2017

I was recently notified my Norton 360 was due to update. I have NO authorizatiion to renew at this time. However, when I checked my bank account today, I noticed my CC was charged $114.39 on 09/22/2017. While I like Norton 360, I am really PO'ed at this unauthorized charge. I didn't think Norton saved my CC number. My email address is [email protected] I would like to hear from someone about this. If there is another unauthorized charge, I WILL be pursuing legal recourses.

• NortonSupport Sep 27, 2017

@sickpuppy70454 Sorry about this. I have sent you an email regarding this. Please reply to the email. We can help you further.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Gu
    Gus Pasko Sep 21, 2015

I was charged twice for my Norton's. Both charges were on the same day, 9/11/15. I will be contacting my AX and fail to pay for both of them. I did order one and had no reason for two. I only have one laptop. Will Norton
    please email me and rectify this mistake ? Please notify AmEx. You already have the info from the order.

• Ej
    ejarnefeld Jan 01, 2011

I am trying to cancel my subscription to Norton protection, but can't find an e-mail address to go to.

• El
    E.Lowe Apr 02, 2010

I have already purchased a renewal Your Order #[protected],
    for $123.09--see your e'mail conformation dtd saturday 15 August 2009. 3.35am..
    I have as instructed, installed the renewal. in my desk top, AND my laptop.I am receiving "POP UP" telling me ---Urgent NO Virus Protection. I understood that my renewal gave me complete coverage--Product Key --THGXKTY7DHT9DYGX2RG7J7DJY.
    Norton 360Version 3.0 Upgrade WindowsXP/XP Pro?Vista

My e'mail addresses are ---- [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Would you please honour this renewal to the full...
    Thanking You in advance
    E.Lowe

• Le
    Leo Kelly Mar 21, 2010

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY PLEASE HELP HIM

• Le
    Leo Kelly Mar 21, 2010

I ordered the Symantec - Norton protection at $ 49.99 for the year 2010, and paid for it on my Master Card, billed in Jan. 2010. My problem is I keep getting notices on my computer that I am not protected. The notices state that protection does not exist because I am not entering the correct password. I ask for a new password and receive one, however when I enter it, it refuses to take it. If this cannot be corrected within the next two days, please cancel
    and credit the amount listed above on Master Card.
    Leo Kelly
    You have all the other information needed to contact me

• Sb
    sbhappe34 Feb 10, 2010

I am boo coo years old and have never incountered a company with the ethics these people have. Havn't even heard of it.I have had all of the above. have no way of reaching of reaching any one. I give my order number no such number. I am over charged not what I ordered now they have taken me off line. I am going to pass better business bureau and go straight to the Attorney Generals office. I had all kinds of Trojan attacks the other day. I finally found how to e-mail support. They responded back. Their programs can not stop every thing I will have to have a professional to correct my computor. I feel like I am in between a rock and hard place. I can't believe microsoft recommends them. I don't know who to get next cna they be trusted. I feel like they wewre responsible for the trojon.

• Je
    JESSE ORONA Feb 02, 2010

I CANCELLED SUBSCRIPTION AND STILL WAS BILLED. I WOULD APPECIATE IT IF YOU COULD REFUND THE AMOUNT YOU CHARGED ON MY CREDIT CARD . I DONT SEE WHY I AM BEING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I CANCELLED. THANK YOU. JESSE ORONA CONTACT #[protected] ORDER ID # [protected]

• Da
    D.A.tHOMAS Nov 12, 2009

I received a notice tonight that my subscription to Norton had expired and I am no longer protected from viruses.
    I paid for renewal on Nov 3 My order # is [protected]

Symantec order confirmation

Dorothy Thomas

mark glatzer Sep 23, 2009

was double billed with two same subscritions now my computer fights downloading them still have no protection with no way to contact company

jane goding May 23, 2009

Renewal of Symantec not showing up after 49.99 has been debited from my checking account. Computer tells my daily that I need to renew. I need my computer to reflect this renewal or my account refunded.

• To
    Tom Apr 29, 2009

I purchases norton 360 back Nov-2008, I should have two rebates. I still didn't get one of my rebates. so today i call them, they tell me they make mistake, i need to call back in 7-10day. i think it's really funny. They mistake, i have to wait and call back. They should fix problem right the way.

• Na
    natures Feb 26, 2009

This morning I renewed my annual Norton Internet Protection service. The cost to renew is $49.99

15 minutes after renewing, I logged into my online banking & in the pending charges were 3 separate charges from Norton!

Two fees for $49.99
    One fee for $59.99

That's $157.97 dollars.
    That's $109.98 more than verbally discussed.

The person that helped me was Pavankumar Munnalal Shrivastav from Symantec Support.

I spent over an hour with someone on the phone that could not correct the situation before being transferred to his supervisor that offered the same rhetoric nonsense.

A+ on your customer service mate!
    Now refund the money from the unauthorized charges!

• Pa
    pat a. torres Feb 01, 2009

order Norton 360 for 2 years and was charge twice for it
    on my credit card.

• Fr
    Francesco Meligrana Nov 07, 2008

Charged twice for renewal of Norton 360 Version 2 with 2 years subscription update for same computer, order # [protected]
    and #[protected]. I request refund of last order for the amount
    of Can$ 136.38

• Gr
    Gregg Moser Nov 05, 2008

Regarding software download. can not get it. Order No. [protected] 10/24/08. $39.99. Ordered online from Norton Symantec. Have to call: [protected] to get download update. I have been trying at least 10 to 15 times everyday from the 24th, morning, afternoon, evening. All I get is a busy tone on the phone. You have already charged my credit card. Get me the download or hard disc, if you can not deliver, please cancel order. Your service is nothing to be proud of, need a lot of improvement.
    Gregg Moser

• El
    Elizabeth Valentine Oct 30, 2008

I paid twice for my yearly renewal as the first didn't download
    £31.61 twice on 02 Sept
    My order number is [protected] dated 30/8/2008
    I need this to be Downloaded asap
    and to be refunded £31.61

andorette greyling Feb 29, 2008

The payment was taken from my cc on 26/02 and no Norton internet protection download was send to me, but never reached me!