Norton Annual Renewalfraud and scam

E

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Norton's response · Jun 09, 2016

Sorry for the trouble Marry, send us a private message with the details of the charge. I can help.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Th
    thel Jul 07, 2014

check your spam emails incase it went there by accident

• Th
    thel Jul 07, 2014

not a valid complaint. Norton contacted every customer in 2012 or 2013 about TOS changes that there is a setting they turned on and its mentioned now on sign up about auto renew is set to active by default. they emailed you about this. They legally took the funds out, since you didn't read the new TOS when they were issued, you might not get a refund since it was legally taken with your permission. There is a line in the email that says "If you do not wish the auto renew to affect you at the end of your current subscription. Please log into your account and turn off auto renew to stop it from renewing."

• Pi
    Pine Sap Apr 08, 2014

Purchased software cannot be reinstalled due to Activation Code being locked out by manufacturer. Purchased software rendered inoperable due to manufacturer.

• Cy
    cynthia sharland Apr 03, 2014

how do i cancel my subscription as i have been trying to get in contact the norton auto renewal as i no longer need it as i have been trying to get hold of them but i can not get them please help i hope i get some response from this c sharland

• Fr
    Frank400 Mar 15, 2014

Our bank account was hacked about a year ago and Norton was one of the charges. We disputed it and it was removed. Now a year later they have charged us an annual renewal! What kind of scam is this. We disputed it again and Norton tells the bank that it is an authorized charge. I would not trust this company with anything when they falsely say that we ordered their service. We have been using Macs for the last five years and don't use an anti-virus service.

Manuel Lima Feb 20, 2014

I have (2) Norton Renewals [protected] CA and both are the same.I have a Norton Account and I do not know what they are. Norton charged my debit card on February 2 and 13 and each time $ 84.99.
    If they are new to my account, please cancel them .

Mary Jo Lawrence Feb 12, 2014

On January 24, 2014 I purchased Norton 360 for $19.99 over the internet. I am unable to download this. I contacted the company on that same date and have not yet had a reply. This has been charged to my credit card. I would like either a refund or a way to download this product. My order confirmation was NP198021243.

• Li
    lisbe75 Feb 07, 2014

Hej Norton kundeservice.
    I har tilladt jer at trække kr. 749, - på min konto, hvilket jeg kan se på min netbank samt mail. Jeg har ikke tilmeldt mig Jers produkt, så I kan hæve penge på min konto en gang årligt! Desuden har jeg ikke bestilt antivirusprogrammet d. 31/1-2014, da jeg midlertidigt ikke har noget internet. Derfor ønskes pengene sendt retur! Transaktionsnummer: [protected] Serienummer:H8Q7QG8F8GQR Mastercard: 5687. Jeg genbestiller Jeres antivirus når jeg får et nyt internet, da jeg er meget tilfreds med produktet. PS. Jeg har ikke haf internet siden d. [protected]. Svar udbedes.

Venlig Hilsen
    Lisbeth Nielsen
    Mellemleddet 35 st mf
    5300 Kerteminde

• Ca
    carlos contreras Jan 05, 2014

hello my name is carlos contreras, i have norton protec antivirus by norton simantec for 8/2014. and I need to unsuscrib for thenex time,
    because I no need to renewed anymore please stop the collec in my debit card. for the next year thank you so much.
    CARLOS CONTRERAS TL. [protected]

jacqueline callison Dec 20, 2013

double charged for Norton 360. How do I correct this?

jacqueline callison Dec 20, 2013

purchased Norton 360 had trouble downloading and now looks as if I purchased it twice, do not need but one paid with credit card got to confirmations, how to I correct this
    Jacqueline Callison

Norton Antivirus Problem Dec 13, 2013

I had purchased your product (Norton Antivirus) which was delivered to us during 10th Nov 2013. The said product bearing no [protected]/YWN054662 fail to work in the system. No scan is conducted by the NAV . while another computer is doing well with the earlier purchased NAV. You are requested to please advise or replace the NAV . If any more details is required please let us know at my email id [email protected]

• Wi
    Wilda Grant Oct 30, 2013

on oct.7 1913 I was charged for Norton's antivirus software and then on Oct.13 1913 I was charged again I would like one of these charges removed from my credit card!!!

• El
    ELIO TEBAR MORENO Oct 22, 2013

como me puedo dar de baja del antivirus

• Ne
    Neville Sparrow Sep 24, 2013

My product serial number is 29DJXY2VWB4W. Am concerned as nowhere on my computer am I assured that I have Antivirus protection. What do I look for or explain the reason for this.
    Many thanks.

• Lu
    luka drane logoye Sep 13, 2013

hmc - means Human Moral Care. this organization was registered in 1995 in December. It established a Mother and Child Survival Clinic in Kalakla al Dhikeinat. This clinic was established in memory of William Deng Nhial who was assassinated on his way to Rumbek at Cwebet in May 5, 1968.
    Many decades after his assassination, South Sudan is an independent free Nation today. To us William Deng Nhial, was the Father of the Black people of Sudan. We call ourselves Cushites. William is a true Hero. HMC is dedicated in his name to champion positive causes for the people in Sudan. 1955 was the year of Torit Mutiny (1955). We used 55 to remind us of the year the people of South Sudan took to arm to liberate themselves from Khartoum Arab Islamic regime and identify our just struggle for freedom, justice and peace. I am wondering why the Yahoo and Google allowed other international organization to use hmc55 while it is the E-mail address of Human Moral Care -a local NGO or CBO in Sudan, now operating in the New Born Republic of South Sudan. Yahoo and Google tried their level best to encourage this organization give up its e-mail like [email protected], and [email protected]

luka Drane Logoye
    Managing Director
    William Deng Nhial Foundation
    www.wdnf.org or [email protected]

• Ju
    Juan Tsang Sep 11, 2013

Norton 360 should be working as antivirus, spywares and advanced 24x7 threat monitoring, automatic backups & tune-ups. However, my pcs all shows no product device detected after few days of registration and even not allow to login my account at the beginning of problems occurred. Upset & disappointed! I'm honest man with all purchased pcs include every parts, hardwares & softwares even maintenance with bestbuy Tech Support. But I'd paid a lot with nothing!!! I'd tried many ways to reinstall my registered products. No way to fix & complaint, too bad!! Only I can say now is Bye! Norton & Symantec..

• Kw
    kwmjanssen Sep 02, 2013

Op d.d. 1508/2013 is van mijn creditcard rekening bij de ING bank door Norton Luxemburg 74, 99 Euro aggeschreven.
    Ik heb daar geen opdracht voor gegeven en wens ook niet van Uw product gebruik te maken.
    Ik eis dan ook dat U het desbetreffende bedrag per direct terug.

Hoogachtend K.W.M. Janssen
    Burg Baumannlaan 83
    3043 AG Rotterdam.
    Betreft transactie 1508 Norton Annual Renewal [protected]

• Sy
    sylvia willis Jul 28, 2013

I keep getting e-mails to say I have not renewed, I renewed on 20th July order number N P178765837. hope I don't receive anymore e-mails. saying I have not.

Sylvia Willis

• Ge
    Georgia Mills Jun 25, 2013

I renewed my Norton on May 11, 2013. I received an e-mail that confirmed that my 1 year subscription was in effect until June 5, 2014.
    I have been getting info saying that my Norton had expired and I was no longer covered. My credit card was billed $49.95.
    I sent 2 e-mails asking what was going on, and never received an answer.
    Today (June 25, 2013) I called your customer support number and was advised I would have to pay an additional $49.95 to get this working.
    Could you please explain to me why I must pay again, and why it did not work in the first place?
    I feel like I am being doubled for something that was not my fault.
    If I do not get an answer to my question I will contact my credit card company and have the second charge disputed. I will also cancel Norton after my year is up, and find some one that I can do business with.
    Georgia Mills June 25, 2013

Robert Drzewiecki Jun 18, 2013

My credit card paid you $75. 06 on March 26, 2013 for a year's renewal and I continue to get notices that it is expired.
    Please correct this. Robert Drzewiecki

• Mo
    mountainguy May 01, 2013

They (Norton) also charged my credit card and additional 84.79 after i renewed online for $39.99, nowhere and i mean nowhere did i see or agree to that second charge, i called India and they said they would take it off my bill, it seems funny that i havent used the credit card in over an 7 month period and all of a sudden the credit card i used to renew Norton, people were using my credit card in Georgia buying groceries gas etc, Chase fortunately emailed and called me quickly and shut down my card. I live in Pennsylvania, i believe my card was comprised by their site. Ironically a site that is suppose to protect you, and i ran into this problem!!!

Jane M. Barker Apr 29, 2013

The email sent to me showing the latest automatic (Visa) payment showed it was $179.31 instead of the usual $75.59. Why?

Jane M. Barker

Jane M. Barker Apr 29, 2013

I have automatic payment on my charge card. The email I received for the April 10, 2013, payment was $179.31, instead of $75.59. Why?

Jane M. Barker
    Order #: VAA72500077

• Fi
    Fisher, Gwen Apr 22, 2013

I cancelled my Norton Automatic Renewal and received writen confirmation of my renewal cancellation from Norton on Oct. 03, 2012 @ 2:49 pm. I have this written confirmation in my Norton file; therefor, I do not owe the $79.99 charge Norton charged to my card automatically on March 17, 2013. I expect this charge to be removed by Norton; however, my credit card company will reverse this charge under the terms of my dispute (which they are handling) whether you honor my renewal cancellation or not. I will not be using Norton again because you charged a renewal fee without authorization and without even notifiying me! I had no knowledge of this charge until it appeared on my credit card statement. I don't deal with dishonorable companies and will use another anti-virus option when my Norton expires November 01, 2013. Sincerely, Gwen Fisher

• Li
    Linda Wilkins Apr 01, 2013

I have been charged twice. Once in December 2012 and once in April 2013

Linda

• Ca
    Canadian Geo Mar 29, 2013

On March 29, 2013 I contacted Norton Support to install my newly purchased antivirus onto my notebook (no CD/DVD reader) and was asked for remote access to the computer. Then after several long discussions, including the person showing me some media on terrible malware and worms and showing me how my computer was infected I was suspicious so disconnected the call. I tried another number for Norton and got another person (begging everyone's pardon if I sound racist) who sounded like they are located somewhere in India. The same routine, the same result and now she wants to see my other computers. She recommends that I don't put the Norton on my computer until a licensed Microsoft technician cleans my machines. She takes the screen, starts writing numbers and says if I pack up my machines and go to a store it will cost $159/computer but if I do it through the licensed Microsoft technician it will cost $69 - $99/computer. I was suspicious as the box my Norton came is says "detects and removes spyware and viruses". I just said "no thanks" and hung up. Within 1/2 hour I start getting calls from the licensed Microsoft technician - also, apparently, in India. I was quite angry and hope that no one gets taken by this scam.

• Why The Long Faces Mar 25, 2013

You need to disable your popup blocker and learn how to use a computer.

NORTON ANTI VIRUS Mar 25, 2013

I WENT ONLINE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PRODUCT, YOU CHARGE 31.81, BUT THE PRODUCT NEVER DOWNLOAD. YOU NEED TO REFUND ME MY MONEY BACK . AND TAKE YOUR PRODUCT OFF . THE COMPUTER. .UNTIL YOU CAN GET THE PRODUCT TO DOWNLOAD RIGHT, AND GIVE ALL THE MONEY BACK TO THE PEOPLE, YOU TOOK IT FROM FOR A BAD PRODUCT. IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU WITH IH TWO DAYS I WILL BE CALLING BETTER BUSNIESS BEAURO NO PHOTO.

Malena106 Mar 17, 2013

When my mom bought her laptop here in the States, my husband bought for her the antivirus for one year. He entered his information because he was buying the antivirus for his and her laptop. After one year, my mom came back on vacation and had to renew the antivirus. This time I entered a new email add ( as requested on the website for all information ) and my mom's credit card. Of course the charge is showing in her credit card as Ref :[protected] Norton*software US 840 1/30/2013.. The program wasn't downloaded at all, and mom is back in her country... I NEED HELP... This is so unfair...
    Please email me to [email protected] gmail.com

• Ei
    Eila Albert Mar 12, 2013

Please cancel my ant-virus protection coverage immediately and credit my visa account right now. I have been covered by another provider for the last few years and cannot comprehend where you took it upon yourselves to also do this without notification.
    I look forward to your confirmation in response to this request A.S.A.P.

Yours Truly,
    Eila Albert.

• Ei
    Eila Albert Mar 12, 2013

Please cancel coverage right now for Norton protection coverage (for the year 2013) It seems that I was covered by Norton as well as my chosen provider last year and now you have taken it upon yourselves to do so again' Please uninstall your coverage immediately and credit my Visa account.'
    Thankyou.

Eila Albert
    ([email protected])

Roajean Haughian Feb 27, 2013

My subscription to Norton 360 was renewed January 12, 2013 for 85.47. Now I am being charged again on March 2, 2013 for 79.99 plus tax. Why? Please cancel second subscription.
    my e-mail address is [email protected]

• Gb
    g*b* Feb 27, 2013

My wife purchased norton anti-virus at Staples in Zanesville Ohio and they refuse to help me also called Corporate and they won't call me back or store managers.

Roadrunner54 Feb 12, 2013

My Credit Card account has been charged and I did not want subscription as has been cancelled !!

• Pe
    pegasusgold50 Feb 04, 2013

I have the same thing for over $74! This is a racket!

Joris Van Hoof Jan 15, 2013

Betreft Norton annual renewal [protected] Lux
    Volgende maand zal Norton mij weer een bedrag aanrekenen van € 64.99 via Master Card. Aangezien dit verleden jaar ook is gebeurd, ondanks de computer toen al niet meer werd gebruikt wegens crash, wens ik dat het dit jaar niet meer gebeurt.
    Verleden jaar heb ik alle middelen geprobeerd om het bedrag terug te krijgen, maar een adres of telefoon nummer van Norton is haast onvindbaar. Dus geld weg...
    Kunnen jullie mij helpen of wat raden jullie mij aan ?
    Mijn gegevens : Joris Van Hoof Nierijk 18 2280 Grobbendonk België +[protected]

marie mascarello Jan 11, 2013

i have been debited $89.99 ref no [protected] GBR on the 13th Dec 2012 for an annual renewal which I did not consent to and do not have that computer any more. I need the debit reversed straight away

joaquin salvador pina Jan 04, 2013

me han hecho dos veces la suscripcion de renovacion dos veces;
    la primera vez me cargaron a cuenta el dia 8/12/2012 -64.99euro
    y la segunda vez fue dia 25/12/2012 -64.99 euro
    teniendolo en cuenta y esperando una pronta contestacion . gracias

• Co
    Confusedt Customer Jan 03, 2013

I received a notice saying Norton anti-virus was expiring at the end of the month, so I renewed it on 12/10/12 for $59.99. Now I have received a notice saying I have no protection. FIX IT