North American Spine Logo

North American Spine

Having problems with North American Spine?

North American Spine Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 794 0542 (Customer Service)
+1 469 888 8099 (Uptown Surgery Center, Dallas, TX)
+1 817 653 8800 (Saint Camillus Medical Center, Hurst, TX)
+1 469 200 4660 (Pine Creek Medical Center, Dallas, TX)
+1 469 609 1030 (Plano Surgical Hospital)
+1 915 745 7811 (Mountain West Surgery Center, El Paso, TX)
+1 281 612 5669 (Houston, TX)
+1 281 609 7704 (Hospital For Surgical Excellence, Sugar Land, TX)
+1 281 843 1717 (Elite Sinus Spine and Ortho, Houston, TX)
+1 281 393 4478 (Hermann Drive Surgical Hospital, Houston, TX)
+1 281 937 8777 (First Surgical Hospital & First Street Surgical Center)
+1 480 685 5775 (Phoenix, AZ)
+1 480 568 4900 (Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital)
+1 480 800 8860 (Scottsdale Liberty Hospital)
+1 612 284 0044 (Greenway Surgery Center, Minneapolis, MN)
8080 Park Ln Ste 400

9032 Harry Hines Boulevard, № 100, Dallas, TX 75235

Plano Surgical Hospital
2301 Marsh Lane, Plano, TX 75093

Mountain West Surgery Center, El Paso, TX
(of Mesa Hills Specialty Hospital)
3909 N. Mesa St., El Paso, TX 79902

Houston, TX
Houston Metro Ortho & Spine Surgery Center, 4219 Richmond Ave., Suite 200, Houston, TX 77027

Hospital For Surgical Excellence, Sugar Land, TX
1211 Hwy 6 №70, Sugar Land, TX 77478

Elite Sinus Spine and Ortho, Houston, TX
(of Oak Bend Health System)
4120 Southwest Fwy, Ste. №100 Houston, TX 77027

Hermann Drive Surgical Hospital, Houston, TX
2001 Hermann Drive, Houston, TX 77004

First Surgical Hospital & First Street Surgical Center
4801 Bissonnet Street, Bellaire, TX 77401

Phoenix, AZ
The Northstar Healthcare Surgery Center in Scottsdale, 9377 E Bell Rd, Suite 201, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
4620 E. Baseline Rd, Mesa, AZ 85206

Scottsdale Liberty Hospital
17500 N Perimeter Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 88255

Michigan Surgical Hospital, Detroit, MI
21230 Dequindre Road, Warren, MI 48091

Greenway Surgery Center, Minneapolis, MN
2020 E 28th Street, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55407

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with North American Spine Customer Service. Initial North American Spine complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for North American Spine above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about North American Spine. Discuss the issues you have had with North American Spine and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

North American Spine Complaints & Reviews

North American Spinethe whole procedure did nothing for me

had numbness on my right hand fingers only . and i sent in my mri report to dallas offices and told me they would do the noninvasive procedure .no surgery.so scheduled in the houston offices and hospital out patient.the whole procedure did absolutely nothing for me. and they looked at my mri so should of known. plus didn t take insurance and had to pay fees in advance cash or credit card. i m very dissappointed.this was in june/2016.thx eddie ramon.[protected]@yahoo.com...please advice.

North American Spineinformation regarding cost for anesthesia

I had Bethany Dotson as my Patient Care Manager. She had informed me that I would have a $150 copay for my back surgery and then later on I would receive a bill for the Anesthesiologist. I asked her to give me an idea of the cost and when I said "would it be around a $1, 000" her reply to me was no it would not be nearly that much and would be around a few hundred dollars. On 2/14/19 I had my laser back surgery and prior to the surgery I paid my $150 copay. On 9/26/19 (over 7 months after my surgery) I received a bill from Grand Canyon Anesthesia for $2, 721.08. This is what they are saying I owe after Aetna paid $2, 153.92. When I received this invoice I tried to contact Bethany Dotson and her phone number was no longer in service. I had also been working some with Meredith Oberlander and her phone number was also not in service. Every phone number I tried for North American Spine Institute for their employees that I had worked with was no longer a valid phone number. I have also tried Grand Canyon Anesthesia to see why the bill is so high and why I am receiving it over 7 months after my surgery. Aetna had made a payment to them on 4/10/19. Nobody answered the phone so I have left a voice mail. This is not how North American Spine Institute should conduct themselves. My email address is monica.[protected]@yahoo.com.

Monica VanDuerm

North American Spine — North american spine institute dallas texas

My husband and I watch the webinar on Facebook two weeks ago I suffer from degenerative disc disease...

Northamerican Spine InstituteFailed procedure

To all this might help. I had surgery done at North American spine may 2015 cane home and felt great for two weeks. Then my pain came back with a vengeance. Please consider carefully before you decide to have anything done. Now have to be tested for nerve damage due to my doctors request after he said my feet were not moving correctly.

North American Spine — Failed Back Surgery

NAS is a cash cow that uses variously qualified physicians to perform the laser procedure. I thought I had...

Acura Scope — Did not work made things worse

I had their laser procedure done and the Dr. told me that it didn't work right after surgery. I asked...

North American Spine — Spinal surgery

I went to North American Spine to have their Accurascope Laser surgery done on my back in June of 2011 with...

North American SpinePlease Update Posts

For those having successful or non-successful surgeries with NAS (Dallas only, please), will you please update your post to let others know if you still feel the same as you did when you posted the initial comments? I am researching to find the best "fit" for my problem (3 lumbar disc bulges, arthritis - would get the Accurascope procedure) and so far it is NAS in Dallas. A lot of the complaints are for the Dayton NAS or regarding Dr. Rothstein, who can no longer practice in the U.S. and is currently overseas. Please update your blogs so those searching today can have your current view on your procedure. Thank you all for your time. Have a great holiday weekend! God bless you and your family.

Chuck Z Oct 18, 2013

I had an AccuraScope procedure at NAS in Houston over five weeks ago to relieve pain from bulging and protruding discs
            on 4 levels in my lumbar spine. The pain has actually worsened and I had dual facet blocks this week from my local pain management doctor to try and help. The pain is now constant and almost unbearable when rising from a seated position. I am taking round the clock narcotic pain killers to function. Since the facet blocks it has gotten somewhat better but is still annoying. The pain is horrible if you need to bend. I am sorry I ever had the procedure.

• Fo
            forrest v jones Jun 29, 2013

I had some back and neck surgery at northamerican spine and it was not a secess story for me. and i was told that if it did not help me they would do it over to take away my pain. I have contacted they many times to no avail.
            so far ther word means nothing at all. all I want them to do is do what they said they would do. stand behaid ther word.
            my phone number is [protected]

North American Spine - DALLASPlease Update Posts

For those having successful or non-successful surgeries with NAS (Dallas only, please), will you please update your post to let others know if you still feel the same as you did when you posted your initial comments?. I am researching to find the best "fit" for my problem (3 lumbar disc bulges, arthritis - would get the Accurascope procedure) and so far it is NAS in Dallas. A lot of the complaints are for the Dayton NAS or regarding Dr. Rothstein, who can no longer practice in the U.S. and is currently overseas. Please update your blogs so those searching today can have your current view on your procedure. Thank you all for your time. Have a great holiday weekend! God bless you and your family.

North American Spine Institute — Disabled after accura scope treatment

My husband still has spinal stenosis, although he was treated in dayton. Oh. The mri 7 months after the...

North American Spinespinal stenosis

stay away from all the promises they make in their commercials. do your home work. check the internet, ask your doctor, talk to ex patients !
            unfortunately it is too late for a family member. he ended up in a wheelchair. no spinal cleaning...just 2 cut off nerves..the spinal stenosis is still there..
            the result: a life without any quality. he WAS able to walk BEFORE the accura scope treatment!!!

we would love to hear any experience.
            lawrence.[protected]@sympatico.ca

take care

• Jl
                jlisting Oct 27, 2013

North AMerican SPine doctors are all Pain managmentt specialist, they are not board certified in neurosurgery or orthopedic surgey and have no business cutting into the spine!! Anyone who uses these docs for a surgical procedure using and enoscope is asking for trouble. BE EDUCATED!!!

• Di
                diding Oct 23, 2013

I'm really scared.I have a back and neck problem and problem with walking.I work in one of the best known hosp. and so many times my patients advice me not to have surgery done on my back.So I discover Accurascope.I received a pamphlet and a Cd of patients that had success stories but when I check the comments and complaints...I don't think I want to go though this now. Mine will cost me around $30.000 and up. I don't have any income but I was going to use part of my pension to pay this procedure..I just want to thank the people that posted their experience ...god bless .

• Kr
                K.R. Miller Jan 23, 2013

Just had the surgery in Dallas (11/28/12). I was told they "could help me" with 4 herniated disc, severe stenosis in two locations, a bone spur and ligament damage. I must state that they tell you up front that they can only address disc problems, but then why invite me down to Dallas when they knew they could only help with one out of four problems. I'm $18, 000.00 dollars poorer and no better, if anything, worse. If you have a small disc problem, they MIGHT be able to help, otherwise seek advice through you primary doctor and don't let them take your money. (PS. you won't find one negative word on their website - that alone should give you cause to look elsewhere.)

• Lb
                lbuckeye52 Jun 25, 2012

I am considering having the procedure done in Houston. What are other options?

• Ho
                Houstongal May 15, 2012

Dear Ontario, sounds like a horrible deal you were dealt! I am so sorry! Was this at the Houston or Dallas hospital? I was considering having this procedure done also, now I am reconsidering. So many people with chronic back and neck pain get taken advantage of during a desperate attempt to live pain free. That's all we want is no pain, how can these doctors live with themselves? Such a shame. God bless and take care, Houston

• Pa
                Pains in the Neck Jan 02, 2012

I am so very sorry to hear about your family member. I am extremely grateful for your sharing this information on-line.
                Over one year ago I found this North American Spine Institute on-line while doing research/homework. I hurt my neck on the job in October, 2007 and have suffered numbness, paralysis, dagger-pains . . . in my left arm. PT helped, but only have 30% strength in that left arm/hand. Can't do my PaTient Care anymore. Am loosing income d/t not working my professional career.
                Anyways, I sent in my MRI interpretations, etc. and they said "I was a surgical candidate" and my insurance won't pay, so I'd need to come up with (minimum) $15, 000 cash payment. We were about to mortgage our home . . . and then a friend found your blog.
                Thank you for sharing. You have saved me greatly. I appreciate your candor. Aloha. Pam

North American SpineAccrascope Procedure

First off let me speak from experience. I did elect to undergo the Accurascope procedure (in Dallas and YES they do have litigations against that facility as well. Problem is their tort reform doesn't allow us to see when the litigations occurred). I am embarrassed to say that I fell for the whole "marketing" ploy the company employs to convince its prospects to buy in. After all, when one is constantly in pain any solution becomes of interest. I work in a related field and understand the physiology of the spinal column. I asked several times prior to the incident how they would manuver their scope around the S1 nerve to get to the level of my issue. I was told by the woman who answered the phone, the woman who took my credit card info and the Dr. himself several times "we have you on fluro x-ray and the scope has a camera on it as well. If we come close to a nerve we slowly back out and go around." Also, beware of the company's animation. The animation of the procedure makes it look like there is enough room to drive a bus through that space. Again, not true. Go to a "Body Worlds" expo and see for yourself. I've had the opportunity to actually see a cadaver so I know that the space is very tight. Now I am dealing with TEXAS where trying to sue for anything at all is almost impossible. You will find that many doctors because of how the laws protect them and not the patients open up their practices there. REMEMBER, MEDICINE IS A PRACTICE. DON'T LET NAS PRACTICE ON YOU! IF SOMEONE RESPONDS TO THIS POST IN A NEGATIVE WAY YOU CAN BE ASSURED THAT THEY ARE PROBABLY CONNECTED TO THESE RUTHLESS INDIVIDUALS. IF YOU ELECT FOR A BACK SURGERY PLEASE SEEK A STATE THAT PROTECTS YOUR WELL-BEING AND NOT THE PRACTITIONER'S.

• Fo
                  forgetaboutVM Jul 09, 2012

I have had a spine fusion with instrumentation at L-4 & L-5. I was basically pain free for many years after now I have a bulging disc at S-1 and I started to look around for a solution other then meds. I came across the Laser Spine Institute and the North American Spine neither of these companies accept medicare or should I say Medicare does not think they are legit, now that should be a big clue to everyone about these companies. I consulted 2 top spine experts in the main stream medical one at NYU Hospital for joint diseases and one in SF at the Spine Clinic both of these doctors advised me against going any where near laser surgery and also advised me not to have any surgery at all at this time so they were not trying to get me on their tables.

• Wa
                  Walt4Allen Nov 13, 2011

Jan. of 2010 had had the Accrascope procedure at North American Spine in Dayton, Ohio. Lawrence Rothstien was the surgeon. After paying $4, 000 out of my pocket I was left with the same low back pain, pain in my left leg, and foot drop of my left foot after his surgery. Now after a year of physical therapy I can now walk short distances only. This Quack destroyed my life. Stay away from North American Spine. Any one interested in filing a class action lawsuit I am interested.

• Cr
                  Crippled By North American Spine Apr 04, 2011

I too was conned into paying $13, 000 out of pocket to these dirt bags. I am now permanently crippled by Dr Kenneth Reed in Dallas. He is not a certified spinal surgeon.During my surgery, he burned 3 nerves leading to my left leg with the laser and he lied to me about the results. Before the surgery he told me that the laser doesn't even get hot enough to burn the nerves, and the worst that could happen is you will be the same as before the surgery. He told me the surgery went flawlessly. I could walk fine before the surgery. Right after, I could not walk at all the leg was almost totally paralyzed and he told me every time I talked to him a different lie. First he said oh you can't walk, that's just from the swelling from the surgery. You will be walking again in a few days, then he said a week, then 2 weeks, then three weeks and on and on and on. He would tell me different facts every time I talked to him. Then I did some research and he doesn't know anything about burned nerves. When I asked him how its possible that he does not know basic facts about nerve regeneration. (they tell you your nerves will grow back) that was when he stop coming to the phone. My leg has atrphied and I will never be normal again. Don't even consider letting these guys touch you.

Quack, scam, quack, scam, Quack, scam, quack, scam,

• Ca
                  canada2003 Dec 02, 2010

hi,
                  my husband had an accura scope procedure, done in dayton .oh. before the op, april 2010 he COULD walk!
                  Dayton is closed, surgeon gone, hubby`s life ruined..he is in a wheelchair since the op. he had all his hopes set on that surgeon.
                  we are in touch with dallas, tx. they offered the money back..is my husband a piece of furniture?
                  The MRI does not show any evidence of an procedure. they cut 2 nerves which caused the pain in his back. ok, pain is gone for 95%,
                  BUT he cant walk or stand anymore. I fear dallas is as dangerous as dayton...they want my husband to come for a check up...free ofcourse...i am in touch with a lawyer, although we do not have any income, thanks to that doctor.
                  can anybody help with suggestions?

thanks

North American Spine — STAY AWAY!!

Check out these links... Dr. Rothstein has MULTIPLE open cases. Practices with NO malpractice...

North American Spine — BAD DOCTORS

Take a look at this article from yesterdays paper. These doctors should not be allowed to practice in...

North American Spine — Troubling Medical Practice

I stumbled on this at RC Blog and it backs up some of my previous complaints and adds much more. I will...

North American Spine — Bad Medicine

A lot of talk about Laser Spine Surgery and as a individual who needs surgery, I have been researching the...