NewspaperArchive.comrebilling without authorization or notice

V

In August 2008 I signed up for a subscription which I intended to use for a month to review newspaper articles for my deceased nephew who was killed in a tragic trucking accident (killed while riding his bicycle.) I did not find any articles of any use.

I noticed on my statement that NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM billed me $128 for another year of subscription; I had no notice, no idea I even had a renewal (and if I did, I would not have renewed anyway because they suck.)

I contacted the company and let them know I have not used the service since that time, and had no intention of using it. They sent me an email saying I was not eligible for a refund, citing their policy on renewals. They claim that most people that use their services don't want to know when they have been billed for another year.

I think these people are using deceptive practices and should be investigated. I highly recommend that anyone considering using them know that they will try to get a years worth of billing no matter what the situation.

RESOLVED

• Cu
    Customer Relations Director Sep 21, 2009

To prevent lapses in service for our customers, our subscriptions are set up to automatically renew as per the period agreed upon. This is covered in our Terms & Conditions as well as via email communication showing the next expiration date and renewal period based on the subscription period you chose. At any time our customers can cancel their subscription prior to the renewal date.

However, we do recognize that some customers overlook this information upon sign up. If you will please contact me, I can take a look at your account and remedy the situation

Thank you.

Pam Williams
    Customer Relation Director
    [protected]

• It
    itsmecyndi Dec 29, 2016

I've called and only get a machine and left my info, no calls back. I've emailed asking you to stop billing the monthly fee and you keep billing it. you owe me two months of billing. I want this to stop, immediately!!

Comments