NewspaperARCHIVE.comrenewed membership w/o my knowledge

On December 2, 2008 I wrote:

On November 27, my your company debited $95.88 renewal fee for my subscription to Newspapararchive.com. While I appreciated your service, I no longer need it, nor do I have the money to pay for it. Please credit my account immediately and CLOSE MY SUBSCRIPTION!

Barbara G

They responded on December 3:

Dear Barbara G,

Your membership has been cancelled and you will not be re-billed. Cancelled indicates that the billing has been disabled, you will not be charged again but you are not eligible for a refund. You will have access to the service until the end of your subscription. This means that you can still login and search the archive. Our services will still be available to you until: 11/27/2009 6:12:26 PM. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the amount you have already paid for your subscription. All our accounts are automatically renewing. According to our Terms and Conditions, to avoid further charges the account must be cancelled prior to the renewal date.

Sincerely,

NewspaperARCHIVE.com®
[protected]@NewspaperARCHIVE.com

marydonovan May 12, 2009

I signed up not knowing that you only search US newspapers. I have found the site absolutely useless and wish to cancel my subscription.

marydonovan May 12, 2009

I do not think this site is of any use to Uk residents - it is a scam - cancel my subscription IMMEDIATELY. I expect a reply by e-mail immediately.

• Sh
    shirley walker May 29, 2009

I have misplaced my membership So I requested another one today
    shirley [email protected]

• Ku
    Kulisch Jan 11, 2010

I have found the site absolutely useless and wish to cancel my subscription. Also, I signed on to pay only $4.99, a special if you signed up now, & instead I was charge $71.88. I want my charge card credited for the $71.88 imediately. Today is the 11th of January 2010. I will expect a reply by e-mail immediately. Barbara C. Kulisch

• Au
    auj Jun 14, 2012

I never signed up for your subscription! ! ! ! ! ! NOW I have the bank looking into disputing the charge. TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST AND REFUND *ALL* MY MONEY !!! You will be talking to me & my bank. How dare you just add your acct to my bank acct ! ! !

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices