Magzter company logo
reviews & complaints
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

83 complaints
69 resolved 14 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Magzter customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Magzter reviews & complaints

Magzter complaints 83

B
Dec 25, 2021

Magzter - Subscription

Magzter India — Auto renewal of my magzter subscription without my consent :

I don't know what is wrong with the company. They deducted my money for an annual subscription without any prior notification. I seriously disappointed with this and I feel like looted. I never expected this from an American company. India is a big market. Indians better avoid Magzter.

Desired outcome: Refund

Magzter - Auto renewal cancellation

I want to cancel my auto renewal of TV guide, but have found it impossible to do! I do not want a refund, but just want to cancel the auto renewal feature. Very frustrating and this issue has made never want to use Magzter ever again! My info is: Barbara Paiton, 32 Hawaii Lane, Rochester, NH 03866. The account # on the address label is #TVM0758392856/6#. Please respond or I will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau.

Desired outcome: Cancellation of auto renewal of TV Guide

S
Oct 04, 2021

Magzter - Gold subscription

I had been offered a special price on a three-month Gold subscription on 4 July 2021. However, now Magzter has renewed it without my approval at a price that is convenient to them, by deducting money from my credit card. They have made it impossible to cancel the auto-renewal from the website or app. I would like to have my auto-renewal cancelled immediately and the unauthorized deduction refunded to my credit card.

Shaj Hameed.

Desired outcome: Refund and cancellation of auto-subscription

M
Jul 27, 2021

Magzter - Cancel gold subscription but still being charged

I bought 1 magazine for my daughter then got offered a one off .99c offer and signed up for a trial for that then cancelled as to not continue subscription which I have since cancelled and with that subscription I was offered Magzter Gold Trial for free for a period. I cancelled the auto renewal for the Gold subscription, but the company is still debiting my credit card. I have emailed them and my account status shows that the auto renewal is cancelled, but I get absolutely no response time and time again. This is going on three months now I am at my wits end as to how I can get my money back and stop them automatically taking money from me.

I am contacting my bank and so upset and annoyed they do this. I have filed a complaint also to Credit Card fraud also.

Desired outcome: My account says CANCELLED so stop charging me and REFUND ASAP, I did not order June or July or anything else,

Magzter - Subscrition

I subscribed to Magzter Gold on 29th April and made a payment of Rs. 1999 to Magzter Digital Private vide my MasterCard ending 3127 at 5:47 pm for which I have acknowledgement from my Card. I also got an activation link on my registered email id: anilchopra.[protected]@gmail.com. However, subscription has not been activated as yet. And under 'my account' details it shows no receipt/transaction.
Please activate subscription immediately and advise.

Desired outcome: Activation of my subscription

Mar 24, 2021

Magzter - Auto Reneval

I availed an free subscription using a coupon and payment of rs 1 on 07 Jan 21. During the trial period I had opted to cancel my subscription. However on 07 march 21, I have been wrongly charged rs 1999 by magzter without my consent. I was not intimated by them regarding the auto renewal. Moreover when I log into my account it still asks me to subscribe to gold despite charging me the money for annual membership.

I want my membership cancelled and my account deleted.

Refund my money.

Desired outcome: Refund my money

Magzter - Magzter Gold Fraud

Without the consern of consumer who magzter is automatically taking money from debit card. When I have not applied for 2nd year subscription how they can take charge forcefully . Who have given them right to take charges without informing. Company of this size & repute should not store payment details of all customers. If this happens who will trust magzter in future.

Jan 30, 2021

Magzter - Cancelled gold subscription but still being charged

I signed up for a newspaper subscription which I have since cancelled and with that subscription I was offered Magzter Gold Trial for free for a period. I cancelled the auto renewal for the Gold subscription, but the company is still debiting my credit card. I have emailed them and my account status shows that the auto renewal is cancelled, but I get absolutely no response! I am at my wits end as to how I can get my money back and stop them automatically taking money from me.

Dec 05, 2020

Magzter - Gold subscription

I started the free trial of Magzter's gold subscription and it was supposedly valid till 4th Dec 2020. I wrote an email on 22nd Nov'20 asking to cancel my subscription and auto-renewal to which I got...

S

Magzter - Not able to cancel magzter gold subscription

I am trying to cancel my Magzter Gold subscription. No option available on site or app. My registered email id is [protected]@gmail.com.

Kindly cancel the same.

Magzter - Not able to cancel the magzter subscription and get the refund

Hi,

I have used free trial of magzter account using flipkart super coins. After the trial period is over, without any notification, magzter has auto debited money from my credit card. Though I am aware of the auto reneal date, I could not find option to stop auto renewal (I found it later that it is possible after lot of google searches) . Immediately, I have sent email to [protected]@magzter.com and got auto reply saying it will be attended in 48 to 72 hours. But I am not getting any reply from them and I have not seen any website that works with only email support but not with phone service for customer support. Please help me to cancel my yearly subscription of Rs.1999 which is too costly for reading few magazines.

Thanks,
Siva Rajesh

Nov 17, 2020

I got the money refunded from Magzter as they consider it as a special case. Thanks Magzter. But it is not fair to deduct money without any prior notification, though the customer has opted for auto renewal long time back. Also it should be customer friendly to cancel the subscription if user is not satisfied. that is how Kindle or other memberships works.

Thanks,

P
Oct 26, 2020

Magzter - Subscription

I have been trying to cancel my subscription but when I click on the help button or contact us, nothing happens. I want my auto renewal cancelled IMMEDIATELY! I will be contacting my credit card issuer tomorrow and disputing this charge. When I originally discovered this site I was only interested in one issue of a particular magazine and was unable to find it. I have tried several times to discontinue this service with o luck

G
Sep 28, 2020

Magzter - Magazine

I want to cancel my subscription I never signed up for a autopayment and there is no place to cancel. A bunch of places they tell you to go to and nowhere to cancel. Everyplace cluck sends me to someplace that does nothing. And a email address that I send keeps coming back. What kind of company that has no way to send a email but is happy to grab your money. I want a full refund also thank you.

Magzter - No way of cancelling trial (lame)

While the price and content is good. There was no way of cancelling the 7 day trial period. The issue remained the same once the trial ended and a monthly subscription fee was deducted.

The customer help email resolved this issue by cancelling further auto-renewals but I feel that magzter is intentionally sucking people into a trial which cannot be cancelled in order to deduct money from their customers then apologise and cancel further deductions... Lame.

Sep 02, 2020

Magzter - Auto renewal

Case no [protected]

I availed 2 months free subscription using a coupon which expired on 02 sept 20. During the trial period I had opted to cancel my subscription.

However today, I have been wrongly charged rs 1999 by magzter without my consent. I was not intimated by them regarding the auto renewal. Moreover when I log into my account it still asks me to subscribe to gold despite charging me the money for annual membership.

I want my membership cancelled and my account deleted.

Refund my money.

K

Same happened with me. Did they give you any refund?

Aug 31, 2020

Magzter - Renew

I had turned my auto renew for magzter gold off... So purchased a two year renew... Then under my account it shows a charge for an autorenew year plus the two year plan I just purchased

I cant acess customer service because it trys to automactically start outlook which it cant

Anthony roberts
[protected]@hotmail.com
# mgs009250371
# mgs009245456

Magzter - Subscription renewal

I cannot cancel my subscription.
I did not ask to subscribe after my free trial but could find no way to cancel the subscription from going through.
The subscription to magzter does not show up on google play as they claim it does, I therefore cannot cancel it in the way they tell me to.
The contact us dropdown is empty - there is no way to contact anyone.
I am beginning to think this site is fraudulent.
The receipt provided for my payment is incomplete - no company address or contact details of any form.

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Magzter - Finweek digital subscription. Transaction id:[protected], amount $28.85

I am unable to gain access to the above subscription using my normal email address [protected]@telkomsa.net . The reply from FINWEEK keeps on saying that there is no such registered address . I would like to change email address to robert.amm.[protected]@gmail.com to see if this solves the connectivity problems .
I use a LAPTOP, Normal office PC and an IPAD to read reports and subscriptions, is it possible to read FINWEEK on all three devices or must it only be one of them . My preference is LAPTOP and not the PC being used to send this complaint .
Thanking you in anticipation of solving my connection problems .
Yours sincerely
Robert Ballantyne .

Apr 28, 2020
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Magzter - I have tried to cancel my subscription to magzter gold and the email is always returned to me.

The cancel subscription on the web site does not work either.
Joan Thomas
+[protected]
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
Magzter Gold - Access gold magazines $5.66
TOTAL $5.66
Note: This is system generated and does not require physical signature.
Magzter Inc
[protected]@magzter.com

these are the details of my account please cancel immediately.

G

I never agreed to a auto payment. So I want my subscription canceled. I can't send a email because it keeps coming back.

Dear Golubo,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

I understand that you are facing trouble in cancelling the auto renewal for your purchase through our website.

Please email us at [email protected] from your registered email address so that we can check your subscription details and help you with the steps to cancel the renewal.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Team Magzter

Mar 01, 2020

Magzter - No option to cancel

I mistakenly signed up for Magzter gold. When I realized it was not what I really wanted, I went to cancel the subscription. It said to go to account. Under account there was no option to cancel. I went to Help and it stated to cancel to go to the Account tab. I tapped on the link and it sent me back to Account where lo and behold there is no option to cancel.
This is ridiculous. Seriously! I sent an email to customer care. Have not heard back. This is no way to run a business. They don't even give you a registration/account number.
I am not happy. I want this fixed. I want this subscription canceled.
Joe