Complaints & Reviews

No option to cancel

I mistakenly signed up for Magzter gold. When I realized it was not what I really wanted, I went to cancel the subscription. It said to go to account. Under account there was no option to cancel. I went to Help and it stated to cancel to go to the Account tab. I tapped on the link and it sent me back to Account where lo and behold there is no option to cancel.
This is ridiculous. Seriously! I sent an email to customer care. Have not heard back. This is no way to run a business. They don't even give you a registration/account number.
I am not happy. I want this fixed. I want this subscription canceled.
Joe

• Magzter's response · Mar 02, 2020

Hi Joe,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in cancelling the auto renewal feature through our website.

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

gold

Although I requested a cancellation of magzter gold before my free trial was up I was charged. However, this is my issue: I have been charged three times @ 9.99 all within a 30 day period! I have my statements and because it was done using my paypal account, I have now been told that I can and probably should open a request for case resolution.
I was charged on: 1/6/20; 1/31/20; and again on 2/5/20 all from same card and paypal account.
I have followed all procedures, through google play and via email. I am demanding at the very least $19.98 for 2 of these charges. I have copies of my emails to help desk requesting help in canceling and I am also attaching where they charged my paypal card without my permission at least twice. Immediate resolution or I am taking this to social media, which should prove an easy feat considering that's what I do for a living: social media pr specialist

• Magzter's response · Feb 08, 2020

Hi Lisa,

Greetings from the customer support team at Magzter, the world's largest digital magazine newsstand!

We understand that you are not happy with the auto renewal of your subscription.

We would like to inform you that all subscriptions purchased through Magzter will be renewed automatically unless cancelled which is clearly mentioned at the payment page.

We request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you with a better resolution for this issue.

[Resolved] magzter gold

Hi,
I am very much disappointed by your service. I had made a web purchase of the gold subscription last year. I've been charged for an annual subscription again this year even though your website mentioned auto-renewal cancelled when i tried to cancel it.

I repeatedly tried to cancel the auto-renewal of my magzter subscription through your help section again now. It says successfully cancelled, but then again shows up active auto-renewal.

Am confused and unsatisfied. I would appreciate a refund and an immediate cancellation of my magzter gold subscription. If not, i'll have to ask my bank to bar any further payment to you.

Hoping to get some assistance from you to cancel the auto-renewal.

Thanking you.
Kind regards,
Vidya

• Magzter's response · Dec 02, 2019

Hi Khanal,

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] magzter gold monthly auto renewal

Hi. I have a monthly subscription for magzter gold through google play store. My monthly subscription was deducted from my bank account on 29 October 2019 but when I sign in on the magzter app or online on the magzter website it says that my subscription expired. As soon as I realized that magzter deducted money without giving me access to their content I canceled my subscription. Michelle

• Magzter's response · Oct 31, 2019

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you have been charged for the auto-renewal of your subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the charge with the provided details.

In this case, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] with your subscription details and the invoice and our support team will definitely assist you further.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] subscription amount debited, but no access given

I had initially subscribed for this Magzter last year. However, I did not get access to your magazines. I had written mails to Magzter's office but no response.
This year as renewal of their service, an amount of Rs. 976.01 charged to my credit card ending 7585 Visa on 28th September 2019. Email id [protected]@gmail.com. However, the transaction does not show in Purchases. I am also unable to access any magazine. It is as if I have not subscribed at all, though the amount has been charged to my credit card.

• Magzter's response · Oct 07, 2019

Hi Narendra,

[Resolved] subscription

I am a subscriber of magzter. I have subscribed ebook of pratiyogita darpan from their app by mistake. I can read the same from magzter. Com. Hence I would like to unsubscribe the same from their app. I am told by pratiyogita darpan's office that this can be done with the help of magzter only. You are requested to help me to get the refund and unsubscribe the same.
Regards
Chhaya Deshmukh

• Magzter's response · Oct 01, 2019

Dear Chhaya Deshmukh,

We’re sorry that you’re facing this issue.

Kindly email us at [email protected] with your subscription details and invoice.

Please be assured that we’ll look into this as soon as we receive your details and ensure that your issue is resolved promptly.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] a monthly charge I am getting

I have emailed repeatedly to cancel this subscription with no response. The directions I find in the help section are not accurate. I have emailed for help with no response. I...

[Resolved] they auto renewed my subscription without informing, now I want a refund

I was not been informed about the renewal of the gold subscription, and was been charged 999rs from my account, i have requested for a refund and have cancelled the subscription on the first day of subscription but they haven't replied or credited me my refund

My details:
Email address:. [protected]@gmail.com
Country: India
Subscription renew date: 5th August 2019

• Magzter's response · Aug 07, 2019

Dear Chetan,

Greetings from Magzter support!

We would like to inform you that all purchases made through Magzter are auto renewable unless it is cancelled.

Also, I see that we have already replied to your email dated AUG 5TH, 2019 AT 10:35 AM with the resolution.

Please check your email inbox or the spam folder for the email from our support and respond back to us with your option, so that we can help you suitably.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

[Resolved] membership subscription

I have subscribed today Rs.999/- for one year Magzter Gold. After subscription, I was directed to log in thru my mail ID [protected]@gmail.com. Thereafter, the system hanged and no intimation received. However, I got the confirmation from the concerned credit card that payment has been made.

You have to ensure that I get the subscription immediately and my contribution should not fail.

Please advise further.

• Updated by shibanidas · Aug 02, 2019

Please submit.

• Magzter's response · Aug 02, 2019

Dear Shibanidas,

Greetings from Magzter support!

We are sorry to know that you have been billed for the purchase of Magzter Gold but you didn't get any confirmation email from us.

To resolve this issue, we request you to contact us at [email protected], so that we can check your account details and help you further.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Updated by shibanidas · Aug 02, 2019

No mail could be sent to your [protected]@magzter.com, as your system is not accepting the same.

• Magzter's response · Aug 02, 2019

Dear Shibanidas,

We are sorry to know that you are unable to contact us at the email address we have shared with you.

Please login to our website on your PC/Laptop with your email ID - [email protected] and password and then open the below link on a new tap and you will find an option fill the form to reach us:

You can try this method to contact us if you are unable to send us an email to [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

[Resolved] subscription issue

Hello Sir,

We have been subscribed for a family pack and money has been deducted (Screen shot attached) is deducting monthly.

Suddenly, my membership stopped working and its asking me to renew and when I try to renew again the message is coming that I am already subscribed and it will renew again next month 7th Aug. 2019.

Kindly look into this matter and oblige. Order No. MMKGVB01D6 7th JULY 2019

subscription issue

• Magzter's response · Jul 10, 2019

Dear Amitabh,

We’re sorry that you’re facing this issue.

Please be assured that we’ll look into this as soon as we receive your details and ensure that you can start accessing your subscription at the earliest.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] magzter trial gold membership

Hello I signed up for the trial Hold membership last night but decided I didn't need it so I tried to cancel but for some odd reason there's no where to cancel on your website so...

double debit while buying subscription

On 14-May-19, I bought Gold membership through credit card. My initial transaction failed and I did a new transaction. When I got my credit card statement, I see that I was billed twice. I am unable to find any option on their website to contact their customer service or get any phone number to call. Very unfair to customers.

The bank has given that the transactions were settled under authorisation code 581184 and 480987. The userid and my email are [protected]@yahoo.com.

Please review and revert one of the transactions.

Thanks
Vineet Mittal
Ph: +91-[protected]
email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Dear Vineet,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in purchasing the Gold subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account information with the details provided by you.

We request you to send an email to us at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you further.

• Updated by VineetMisc · Jun 24, 2019

I am happy to report that I got a revert from Magzter that one of my transactions will be reversed. Thanks for the follow up and quick response.

[Resolved] magzter gold subscription at 49.99 charged on my debit card

I am trying to cancel this charge and be credited this amount. After checking more closely, I was very dissatisfied with content of this service.

My name is Teresa A ONeal. I have tried everything to contact this company. Very unethical to not publish any phone numbers or contact info!!! My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

When I try to login, it keeps circling back to signup for the gold subscription. Frustrating.

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in cancelling the subscription which you had purchased through our platform.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] double payment charge and no subscription

Hello.
I tried to purchase a gold suscription but when I tried to made it, the payment the screen sent me an error.
I tried once again and I got the same error message.
So I have 2 charges to my credit card and I dont have the suscription also.
I tried to submit a support request but the system sent me an error about my account is not register... So no contact phone numbers, no contact emails, please return my money!!

Dear Alberto,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in purchasing the Gold subscription.

Magzstergold

Hi my account name is [protected]@volte.in, I am subscribed to Magzster Gold, it shows on my App Store subscriptions as well, but it doesn't show up in the app. There is no way to contact magzster on the website. Such a sham!
It is terrible that there is no email or phone number on a website, just shows they are not interested in customers. It is absolutely shocking that an app on iPad could be so bad.

[Resolved] magazine subscription service

I signed up for the free trial based on information I saw on the iOS today show #444. I found that it didn't work very well on my iPhone as many magazines would load black screens. The issue with Magzter is that they don't make it easy to cancel. If you search cancel Magzter you're given info on how to do it via Apple ID which doesn't work if you sign up from their website. When I logged into my Magzter account it said I didn't have any subscriptions and my Magzter Gold trial would end 31st May 2019. I figured I must have already canceled it. Then on May 30th I notice a pending charge for Magzter on my Visa online statement. I emailed Magzter on May 30th and they replied asking if I could forward them my cancelation confirmation, it was then that I figured out via a web search that many others have had the same issue with Magzter. Although I think their service can be a good value for some if it works, I believe they are purposely misleading customers by indicating they have no subscription then billing before the trial period is up and the only way you can cancel is to email them. They refused a refund for a billing that was early and I communicated I didn't want but offered a credit which is basically the same thing a taking my money without authorization.

• Magzter's response · Jun 03, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in cancelling your Magzter GOLD subscription.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] no cancel subscription / cancellation of auto renewal

Magzter is a piece of crap website.
There is no easy-to-access unsubscribe or cancellation button. Instead, they make you go through customer service, so by the time they actually cancel the subscription, you're paying for another site.

Avoid Magzter at all costs. I'm a cautious spender, but the loops they make you go through to unsubscribe are beyond scummy.

• Magzter's response · May 15, 2019

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing difficulty in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, you can always visit the Account tab on our website or through the Magzter app which will be available in the HELP section.

If you still face any trouble in cancelling the renewal, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] gold subscription transaction failed not get refund

I have bought gold subscription using cash karo site. I hve paid 999 rs from my mobikwik wallet. money was deducted from account but transection was failed. money is also gone from bank account but I didn't get my refund back. I want my refund soon.

Transaction/order id is [protected] from mobikwik wallet. paid amount is 999rs.
Date 11 may 2019. plz check this out and initiate my refund.

gold subscription transaction failed not get refund

• Updated by Jayrajsinh · May 11, 2019

I have Bought Gold Subscription Using Cash Karo Site. i Hve paid 999 rs From my Mobikwik Wallet . Money was Deducted From Account but Transection was Failed. MONEY is also gone from Bank account but I didn't Get my Refund Back.I Want my Refund soon

• Updated by Jayrajsinh · May 11, 2019

Give my money back

• Updated by Jayrajsinh · May 12, 2019

I have Paid 999rs for gold Subscription pack. money is Debited from my account but in my account There is showing no Subscription . I have Transection Details with Proof . i want My Money Back plz Help me

• Updated by Jayrajsinh · May 12, 2019

I have Bought Gold Subscription Using Cash Karo Site. i Hqve paid 999 Rs From my Mobikwik Wallet . Money was Deducted From Account but Transection was Failed. MONEY is also gone from Bank account but I didn't Get my Refund Back.I Want my Refund soon.

Transaction/order Id is 108582128553 From MOBIKWIK WALLET. Paid Amount Is 999Rs .
    Date 11 May 2019. PLZ check this out and initiate My Refund. Plz You Can Also Call me On 7069660465 or Give Your Contact Number.

Username:- Jayrajsinh
    Proof Is Screen Shot Pinned With This below

• Magzter's response · May 13, 2019

Hi Jayrajsinh,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing issues in accessing the magazines under your account.

We checked our records and see that you have successfully purchased the Gold subscription under your account - [email protected] and it is valid till 2020-05-11.

Please login with your User ID - [email protected] and you will be able to access the Gold magazines without any trouble.

If you are logged in to your account and still unable to access the magazine, then please email us to [email protected]

• Updated by Jayrajsinh · May 13, 2019

Sir Plz Give me Order Id Of This Subscription Which Start With MSG...

• Magzter's response · May 13, 2019

Hi Jayrajsinh,

We see that you have contacted our help desk on MAY 13TH, 2019 AT 3:08 PM with the same query.

Our support agent has already responded to your query with your Order details.

Therefore, we kindly request you to check your email inbox for the Order details.

[Resolved] 1 year subscription

Hi I have subscribe for trialissue but couldnt use it as i was travelling during this time and it has automatically reniewd for one month, can i i change this as i want to...

[Resolved] unauthorized withdrawal

Hi.
I canceled my Magzter gold free trial through my IPhone subscriptions, like I was instructed on their faq page, well before the 30 days were over. I saw that I was then billed on April 22 for $9.99. After I had canceled, as instructed, through itunes. I haven't been able to find any other way to get in touch with them for help.
Thanks
Kara Keck

unauthorized withdrawal

• Magzter's response · Apr 26, 2019

Hi Kara,

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the charge with the provided details.

In this case, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you further.

• Magzter's response · Jun 03, 2019

Dear Kara,

Thank you for writing back to us.

Whenever you make any purchases on Magzter through your iOS devices, all payments and renewals are processed by Apple.

Therefore we will not be able to issue a refund for the purchases made via your iOS device, as we do not have access to iTunes payment gateway.

Please contact the Apple support to get a refund for your purchase.

If you have any queries regarding your purchase, you can always reach us at [email protected]

Regards
    Team Magzter.

• 3r
    @3rdeyebrick May 31, 2019

Hi Kara,
    If you contact Apple they should be able to help you. Based on my experience Magzter will only off you a credit which is useless. Hope this info helps.

[Resolved] will I get my money back?

So I signed up for gold, but realized I didn't need it, so I cancelled the subscription. They stated that the gold was free but would be needed to be paid annually. However, I was given an official receipt by Apple that I did purchased the amount of money. Will I get my money back now that I cancelled the subscription? Will I also be charged after a year even if I cancelled the subscription? Please explain further.

• Magzter's response · Apr 23, 2019

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you wish to know about the status of the subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the subscription details with the provided details.

We request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you further.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] I am a sharee for magzter gold and cannot view magazines.

A friend shared her magzter gold with me, yet I cannot read any magazines because I get a window telling me to subscribe/read for free for 7 days. It doesn't know I am supposed to be able to read for free. There is no link for customer service. There's a bunch of "help" links to answer varied questions but nothing pertaining to my problem and no one to contact or chat with. This is extremely frustrating to me.

• Magzter's response · Apr 23, 2019

Hi Cynthus,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are unable to access the Magzter Gold subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the subscription detail with the provided information.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] money deducted from my wallet but no refund given

I paid through paytm for my magzter gold RS 999 membership but the order failed and Money debited from my paytm account, then I bought it making a new account which was successful but my previous failed order refund is not given yet, it's really a scammer that u are looting my money, refund my money back cheaters, see the ss below for transaction details and refund my money back.

money deducted from my wallet but no refund given

• Updated by Mukund1286 · Apr 18, 2019

I want refund not any subscription if order failed then pay back the money, cheaters Don't want any subscription by paying twice.

• Magzter's response · Apr 18, 2019

Hi Mukund,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you have not received the refund for the failed transaction.

The charges you see on your card will be reversed in 5 – 7 business days by the Bank as per the standard procedure followed for failed transactions.

If you don't receive the refund to your account within the specified deadline, we kindly request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [protected]@magzter.com and our support team will definitely assist you further.

[Resolved] Magzter Inc. Advertising — magzter unauthorized charges

I am a account holder in PNC Bank. This offer was not confirmed by me, I reviewed the information only. Which now I've been forced into a payment plan unauthorized. I have no...

[Resolved] magzter lite

560444 I signed up and paid for Lite and haven't been able to subscribe to any magazines with the IOS app. It's not possible to sign into the web version since it simple shows a circle...

[Resolved] magazine subscription

I had subscribed for a particular magazine for a year and had not opted for auto renewal. Magzter has auto renewed my subscription, without any notification from them, as well as charged me on my credit card which am unable to delete from the account. Till now there is no email notification either of such a renewal. Had it not been for credit card notification they wud have continued charging without sending any updates via email.
Highly disappointed!!!
Fraudsters!

• Magzter's response · Apr 01, 2019

Hi Nitasha,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are unhappy with the renewal of your subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the subscription details with the provided information.

We kindly request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [email protected] and our support team will definitely assist you further.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] relating to magazine subscription

I had subscribed prathiyoga darpan English for one year.Trail period for november month is completed .Money also debited from my bank account.Now i am enable to view Parthiyoga darpan magazine issued for December month. Why magazine is unavailable in your website.january 2019 month magazine is available in app but I am unable to access it.Please see that it is available as soon as possible.

• Magzter's response · Jan 08, 2019

Dear Pradeep,

We've located your complaint and we've sent a response via email.

We hope you're satisfied with the resolution provided by us.

Please feel free to revert to our email if you have more queries.

recent magazines

I have subscribed to Magzter Gold but find that magazines that are already on the newsstand are not yet available here. This is really unacceptable. Subscribers should be given priority. If this continues I will not be renewing again. Why am I unable to view magazines on Magzter that are freely available for purchase in stores. This is not acknowledging customer support but giving priority to the random purchasers.
Apart from the fact that it is false advertising

dalal street investment journal not updating

I'm one of your magzter gold member (madavel.[protected]@gmail.com). Dalal street investment journal is not updating in my account after 1/10/18 issue. Kindly update the same at the...

[Resolved] subscription

I have been charged $10 after signing up for a FREE 30 month trial. I haven't even been on this trail for 3 days and also cancelled all future subscriptions!! This is [censored]...

[Resolved] monthly billing I didn't sign up for anything

I do not have a Magzter account. I cannot find a customer support number anywhere to contact them. I get billed monthly at $1.99 for what I have NO CLUE. I want to CANCEL whatever...

[Resolved] mississippi magazine subscription

I never received any copies of my digital subscription. I have repeatedly tried to contact their support on their site but it says my email has not been validated. There is no way...

[Resolved] mega magazine november issue

I purchased the MEGA Magazine November issue. I successfully paid but i did not get the e-magazine.
Payment details:
Order#GPA3385-[protected]
Order Date: Nov. 7, 2018 7:00:27AM
VISA: 1169

I have purchased several magazine before but this is the first time that i encountered a problem. Please help. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com
Thank you!

• Updated by Gladys G · Nov 08, 2018

Thank you, Magzter, for resolving my issue immediately. Looking forward to more fun reading experience.

• Resolution Statement

Magzter sent an email with instructions and an apology. They resolved the issue immediately.

[Resolved] failure to provide digital magazines according to annual subscription

I have purchased an annual subscription, but have only received a couple of magazines before they stopped completely Therefore, I would like a refund I do not want any other...

[Resolved] order query

560444 Shame on you magzter.😠😠😠 I paid for first time for magzter gold subscription through paytm as per offer of full cashbacks of 999rs. But you didn't give me my cashbacks. I also...

[Resolved] not receiving paytm cashback

recently purchased the magzter gold annual membership on 18.10.18 which promised 100% cashback (INR 999). When I was making the purchase on the magzter site it also showed that the full cash back would be credited in my Paytm account. However I have still not received cashback to my Paytm account. There is no response from customer care as well.
Email id: [protected]@gmail.com

• Magzter's response · Oct 23, 2018

Dear Chirag,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We request you to email us at [email protected] so that we can look into this on priority and provide an amicable solution to you.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] subscription expire before validity

i subscribed magazine Gold (999 for one year) my validity should be on july 2019, but after using 3 month my subscription showing expire, i mailed too many time to magzter about this isuu and attched my subscription payed bank proof, validity period screenshot from magzter app, but they don't responce, i m reader of magzter more the 2 years but now i feel magzter Reliability is questionable.

• Magzter's response · Nov 15, 2018

Hi Jaffer,

This is to inform you that your Magzter account has been blocked as we've found suspicious activities/illegal distribution of the content from your account which violates our Terms & Conditions.

Please be informed that we have 'zero tolerance' policy towards piracy and you will not be able to access the subscription anymore.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] magzter subscription through paytm offer

I recently purchased the magzter gold annual membership on 19.10.18 through a promotional link which promised 100% cashback (INR 999). When I was making the purchase on the magzter site it also showed that the full cash back would be credited in my Paytm account. However I have still not received cashback to my Paytm account. There is no response from customer care as well.
Email id: [protected]@gmail.com

• Magzter's response · Oct 21, 2018

Hi Naitik,

We've located your complaint and we've sent a response via email.

We hope you're satisfied with the resolution provided by us.

Please feel free to revert to our email if you have more queries.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] annual subscription full cash back offer

560444 I recently purchased the magzter gold annual membership on 15.10.18 (screenshot attached) through a promotional link which promised 100% cashback (INR 999). When I was making the...

[Resolved] magzter gold

I have subscribed for Magzter Gold subscription of INR 999 but after log in its showing No Subscription and I am unable to read any Magzines or article.
I subscribed for Africa Magzine and trying since yesterday but no result.
I tried your Android app as well but still same issue.
Request you to provide solution at earlies without any delay.
Pls activate same or refund my amount.

• Magzter's response · Sep 29, 2018

Dear Poonam,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We request you to email us at [email protected] with your Magzter ID so that we can look into this on priority and provide an amicable solution to you.

• Fr
    FranzRaven Oct 03, 2018

I'm having the EXACT SAME problem - subscribed to a Magzter Gold Family subscription through the Apple APP Store & Magzter is not recognising my subscription!

(Money off already & received an invoice from Apple...)

Magzter_Digital_Newsstand Oct 03, 2018

@FranzRaven Hi Franzraven,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We always strive to give our users a flawless digital reading experience and we feel disappointed to have let you down.

Please write to us at [email protected], so that we can address your concern at the earliest.