Menu
Magzter Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Magzter
reviews & complaints

www.magzter.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.4 88 Reviews

Magzter Complaints Summary

74 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Our verdict: Expect excellent service from Magzter. While their resolution rate is high, always verify their service terms. Read customer testimonials, both positive and negative, to gauge their service's reliability and responsiveness. Have all relevant information ready when dealing with their customer service for efficient problem-solving.
Claimed
Magzter has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Magzter. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Magzter reviews & complaints 88

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Magzter reviews & complaints

C
10:58 pm EDT

Magzter Magzter unathorized charges

I just took a 7-day free trial with Magzter over a year ago, and still, they repeatedly try to debit my bank account. Three charges of $49.99 (three annual subscriptions) in July 2021 and two charges of $49.99 (two annual subscriptions) in July 2022 (see picture attached). My biggest mistake was giving them my credit card. I am waiting for these last two charges to be refunded.

P
3:41 am EDT

Magzter India Today Subscription

I bought India Today yearly subscription as Father's Day Gift on 18th June 2022. Since then, I have been following up with them on daily basis and have been promised call back and resolution.

It has been close to 1 month now and there seems to willingness from India Today group to close the query. This is fraud as I have made the payment and the access to avail the digital copy is not provided to me.

W
4:38 pm EST
Magzter has left an official reply on this complaint.

Magzter Charged my card & have no services!!!

2/28/2021

I have been looking at your website for digital magazine subscriptions as the current provider I had gone up in price. While browsing on 2/16/22, an offer came up on my phone showing 1 year for $60.00. I thought that was a terrific offer and used my credit card to pay with. After completing my order (so I thought), I was excited to look at some magazines; however, a screen came up showing $9.99/month. Did not show that I had a current account and never showed anything ABOUT my Payment. The next day I saw my AMOUNT charged $60.00 on my credit card so I called my bank to file a fraudulent charge as there's no phone number to call and no email to report to you.

Desired outcome: To have my $60.00 returned to my account asap!!

Is Magzter legit?

Our verdict: Magzter has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Magzter's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Magzter can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Magzter earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Magzter achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

By resolving 84% of 88 negative reviews, Magzter is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

A long registered date for magzter.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Magzter as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Magzter's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Magzter.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Magzter website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Magzter.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

A trust mark has been identified for a magzter.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

Several positive reviews for Magzter have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Magzter and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Magzter.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Magzter.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Magzter protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
5:13 am EST
Magzter has left an official reply on this complaint.

Magzter Removal of old kata kata cartoons' apps from play/app store

As one of our partners, Magzter developed our old Apps, but to be able to carry out our new services, we needed to develop new Apps. Our team developed the new Apps. With this in mind, we agreed with Magzter to disactivate the old Apps. They assured us in writing that they did so. But according to Apple (App store), the old App is still on App/play store. Hence the approval of our new Apps is being delayed by App Store and the delays are causing us millions of dollars in revenue!

We sent Magzter and team an E-mail yesterday regarding the problems we are having with the App Store over our old/previous apps (android and IOS), which Magzter developed. Unfortunately, neither the gentleman the problem was addressed to nor his colleagues responded to the E-mail. Quite unusual and indeed unprofessional.

We called after that and surprisingly, the gentleman we spoke to claimed that the number does not belong to him/Magzter. Interestingly, we could quickly identify the number as belonging to PATRICK PRICE MAGZTER. We called for the second time, but he did not pick up! Called for the third time, he started making mockery of us, laughing and saying it was a wrong number. It was NOT a WRONG number. This is on record!

Please, Magzter’s silence has been causing our company many delays in approving our new App and millions in income losses. Please bear this in mind.

For quick approval of our new App, it is necessary that Magzter kindly:

(1) Delete immediately the existing apps they developed (as they promised in their previous mail) on the play store/App store

(2) Please write a signed or stamped document (including dates) and send it to us, stating that they have deleted the App and ascertain that the Company (Magzter) has changed ownership of Kata Kata African Cartoons Apps to the new developer:

(Name : (on request)

E-mail: (on request)

Mobile: (on request)

Thank you for your anticipated quick response.

Kata Kata Team (Legal)

Desired outcome: (1) Delete immediately the existing apps on the play store/App store(2) Please send us a signed letter, stating that they have deleted the App and ascertain that Magzter has changed ownership of Apps to the new developer.

B
6:39 am EST

Magzter Subscription

Magzter India — Auto renewal of my magzter subscription without my consent :

I don't know what is wrong with the company. They deducted my money for an annual subscription without any prior notification. I seriously disappointed with this and I feel like looted. I never expected this from an American company. India is a big market. Indians better avoid Magzter.

Desired outcome: Refund

B
10:57 am EST

Magzter Auto renewal cancellation

I want to cancel my auto renewal of TV guide, but have found it impossible to do! I do not want a refund, but just want to cancel the auto renewal feature. Very frustrating and this issue has made never want to use Magzter ever again! My info is: Barbara Paiton, 32 Hawaii Lane, Rochester, NH 03866. The account # on the address label is #TVM0758392856/6#. Please respond or I will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau.

Desired outcome: Cancellation of auto renewal of TV Guide

3:00 pm EDT

Magzter Gold subscription

I had been offered a special price on a three-month Gold subscription on 4 July 2021. However, now Magzter has renewed it without my approval at a price that is convenient to them, by deducting money from my credit card. They have made it impossible to cancel the auto-renewal from the website or app. I would like to have my auto-renewal cancelled immediately and the unauthorized deduction refunded to my credit card.

Shaj Hameed.

Desired outcome: Refund and cancellation of auto-subscription

M
8:40 am EDT
Magzter has left an official reply on this complaint.

Magzter Cancel gold subscription but still being charged

I bought 1 magazine for my daughter then got offered a one off .99c offer and signed up for a trial for that then cancelled as to not continue subscription which I have since cancelled and with that subscription I was offered Magzter Gold Trial for free for a period. I cancelled the auto renewal for the Gold subscription, but the company is still debiting my credit card. I have emailed them and my account status shows that the auto renewal is cancelled, but I get absolutely no response time and time again. This is going on three months now I am at my wits end as to how I can get my money back and stop them automatically taking money from me.

I am contacting my bank and so upset and annoyed they do this. I have filed a complaint also to Credit Card fraud also.

Desired outcome: My account says CANCELLED so stop charging me and REFUND ASAP, I did not order June or July or anything else,

A
8:26 am EDT

Magzter Subscrition

I subscribed to Magzter Gold on 29th April and made a payment of Rs. 1999 to Magzter Digital Private vide my MasterCard ending 3127 at 5:47 pm for which I have acknowledgement from my Card. I also got an activation link on my registered email id: anilchopra.[protected]@gmail.com. However, subscription has not been activated as yet. And under 'my account' details it shows no receipt/transaction.
Please activate subscription immediately and advise.

Desired outcome: Activation of my subscription

N
3:25 am EDT

Magzter Auto Reneval

I availed an free subscription using a coupon and payment of rs 1 on 07 Jan 21. During the trial period I had opted to cancel my subscription. However on 07 march 21, I have been wrongly charged rs 1999 by magzter without my consent. I was not intimated by them regarding the auto renewal. Moreover when I log into my account it still asks me to subscribe to gold despite charging me the money for annual membership.

I want my membership cancelled and my account deleted.

Refund my money.

Desired outcome: Refund my money

7:22 am EST

Magzter Magzter Gold Fraud

Without the consern of consumer who magzter is automatically taking money from debit card. When I have not applied for 2nd year subscription how they can take charge forcefully . Who have given them right to take charges without informing. Company of this size & repute should not store payment details of all customers. If this happens who will trust magzter in future.

N
10:50 am EST

Magzter Cancelled gold subscription but still being charged

I signed up for a newspaper subscription which I have since cancelled and with that subscription I was offered Magzter Gold Trial for free for a period. I cancelled the auto renewal for the Gold subscription, but the company is still debiting my credit card. I have emailed them and my account status shows that the auto renewal is cancelled, but I get absolutely no response! I am at my wits end as to how I can get my money back and stop them automatically taking money from me.

5:56 am EST

Magzter Gold subscription

I started the free trial of Magzter's gold subscription and it was supposedly valid till 4th Dec 2020. I wrote an email on 22nd Nov'20 asking to cancel my subscription and auto-renewal to which I got a reply on 25th Nov'20 from their team confirming that my gold subscription has been cancelled and it will not be auto-renewed. Attaching an email snapshot from Magzter's team for reference. On 3rd Dec midnight, my credit card was charged for the gold subscription costing me INR 1999. Since yesterday, I am following up with the team like crazy but they are not replying. I just received one email saying that the transaction hasn't been recorded at their end they would need some details which I shared immediately and then they have taken a long pause before they even reply. I need a refund ASAP or atleast a reply.

Here is the detail of my Magzter account -
Please do not delete the account details below
Device: 756B0154-76AC-4A8B-B119-456CFD7352F5
Device Type: iPhone
Code:

5:37 am EST
Magzter has left an official reply on this complaint.

Magzter Not able to cancel magzter gold subscription

I am trying to cancel my Magzter Gold subscription. No option available on site or app. My registered email id is [protected]@gmail.com.

Kindly cancel the same.

7:35 am EST

Magzter Not able to cancel the magzter subscription and get the refund

Hi,

I have used free trial of magzter account using flipkart super coins. After the trial period is over, without any notification, magzter has auto debited money from my credit card. Though I am aware of the auto reneal date, I could not find option to stop auto renewal (I found it later that it is possible after lot of google searches) . Immediately, I have sent email to help@magzter.com and got auto reply saying it will be attended in 48 to 72 hours. But I am not getting any reply from them and I have not seen any website that works with only email support but not with phone service for customer support. Please help me to cancel my yearly subscription of Rs.1999 which is too costly for reading few magazines.

Thanks,
Siva Rajesh

Update by sivarajesh jarugula
Nov 17, 2020 3:42 am EST

I got the money refunded from Magzter as they consider it as a special case. Thanks Magzter. But it is not fair to deduct money without any prior notification, though the customer has opted for auto renewal long time back. Also it should be customer friendly to cancel the subscription if user is not satisfied. that is how Kindle or other memberships works.

Thanks,

P
8:46 pm EDT

Magzter Subscription

I have been trying to cancel my subscription but when I click on the help button or contact us, nothing happens. I want my auto renewal cancelled IMMEDIATELY! I will be contacting my credit card issuer tomorrow and disputing this charge. When I originally discovered this site I was only interested in one issue of a particular magazine and was unable to find it. I have tried several times to discontinue this service with o luck

R
4:30 pm EDT

Magzter Magzter

Magzter has no way to turn off automatic renewal for credit card purchasers. I do not want this product renewed. It is not useful in Japan because many, many magazines are blocked for Japan.
PLEASE turn off automatic renewal. Thank you.

G
8:00 am EDT

Magzter Magazine

I want to cancel my subscription I never signed up for a autopayment and there is no place to cancel. A bunch of places they tell you to go to and nowhere to cancel. Everyplace cluck sends me to someplace that does nothing. And a email address that I send keeps coming back. What kind of company that has no way to send a email but is happy to grab your money. I want a full refund also thank you.

A
5:12 am EDT

Magzter No way of cancelling trial (lame)

While the price and content is good. There was no way of cancelling the 7 day trial period. The issue remained the same once the trial ended and a monthly subscription fee was deducted.

The customer help email resolved this issue by cancelling further auto-renewals but I feel that magzter is intentionally sucking people into a trial which cannot be cancelled in order to deduct money from their customers then apologise and cancel further deductions... Lame.

J
5:09 am EDT

Magzter Auto renewal

Case no [protected]

I availed 2 months free subscription using a coupon which expired on 02 sept 20. During the trial period I had opted to cancel my subscription.

However today, I have been wrongly charged rs 1999 by magzter without my consent. I was not intimated by them regarding the auto renewal. Moreover when I log into my account it still asks me to subscribe to gold despite charging me the money for annual membership.

I want my membership cancelled and my account deleted.

Refund my money.