Menu

MTA review: rude queens bus driver q37

A
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Wednesday morning, January 20, 2009, at about 8 AM on the Q37 bus line at the corner of Myrtle Avenue and Park Lane South, an MTA bus driver was extremely rude with my fiance and I. My fiance and I got on the bus at 111th and Myrtle ave; he did not have enough in his card to pay for the bus fair and as we were figuring out to get change from some of the other passengers, the bus driver yelled at my fiance to get off the bus. At that same time, a kind lady offered to give us some change and when I went to get my fiance back in the bus (he had gotten off) the bus driver closed the door right on my face. Then when i asked him several times to open the door he wouldn't, i began to slam on the door and he eventually opened it but did not stop the bus. I got off the bus in shock, shaking, and began yelling at the bus driver for being rude. I unfortunately did not get the bus number nor the driver's badge but I do remember his face and know that he is one of the newer drivers on the Q37. I immediately called 311 to complain, they transfered me to the MTA bus complaint department who then had me leave a message because "their operators were all busy". They said they would returned a call in 24-hours and it has now been about 29hrs and still no call. I will be writing letters to everyone because this type of services is dispicable.

The Q37 line has never been a dependable line because it never runs on schedule but most of the bus drivers have been nice, especially when it came to people who were short of the $2.25 fair. They would let you stay on the bus knowing that you will eventaully pay the fair when transfering to the E/F train in Union Turnpike-Kew Gardens.

I was just in complete shock because I could've fallen off the bus but thanksfully I didn't. I called I hope that they put some sense into bus drivers to stop when openeing the door. I hope to not see this bus driver again on this line. MTA should make sure they hire people who will work well with people because these are public service positions.

Update by Angered Bus Taker
Jan 21, 2010 12:11 pm EST

CORRECTION: this was on January 20, 2010.

More MTA complaints & reviews

MTA - extremely rude bus driver
MTA - rude bus driver
MTA - rude lirr ticket collector
MTA - bus dont stop
1 comments
D
May 22, 2016 9:11 am EDT

In my opinion, 90% of the bus drivers in Queens and Long Island are very rude.
Sometimes they are chatting on their cellphones while driving and although people ring the bell for their stop, the drivers are so distracted that they don't stop.
They turn off the bell and people would have to scream for their stop.
The buses are so crowded and the drivers will not open the rear door so you have to push your way to the front door while people are cursing at you.
I always have my metro card and coins ready for the bus so sometimes I don't blame the drivers when people don't want to pay because I see it daily on the bus where people's metro cards don't work and they don't pay with coins. Sometimes the drivers will be very rude or they will tell you nicely that you cannot ride the bus if you don't pay. Drivers should be people oriented as we are customers.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

164 complaints