Menu

reviews & complaints

New Balance Athletics Complaints Summary

4 Resolved
34 Unresolved
Our verdict: With New Balance Athletics's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for New Balance Athletics has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of New Balance Athletics. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

New Balance Athletics complaints 38

Sort by:

Newest New Balance Athletics reviews & complaints

J
8:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

New Balance Athletics New Balance 574 Athletic Shoe - Little Kid - Magnet/ Black/ Serene Blue

I recently bought my son New Balance 574 Athletic shoes on 10/13/2023 at Journeys Kidz , size 2 M. He was very pleased with them because they fit him perfect. He probably wore them for about two weeks and the right shoe tore from the front. These shoes are perfectly still new but the right one just tore. Attached are the pictures of the shoes we had bought. You can see that my son did not drag his foot or anything like that because there is no sign of scratches. We are very disappointed what happened since his doctor recommended this brand of shoes because he has flat fleet, and these shoes will not hurt his feet. You can also see that the shoes soles are still new just like everything else on them except for that tear in the right shoe. Very Very disappointed.

N
9:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

New Balance Athletics New Balance women's 990 shoe.

A year ago, I purchased a pair of New Balance 990 women's shoes from New Balance store in Chicago IL at Clark St and Fullerton.

After 3 months, the soles started falling apart, and then I got a replacement pair from Justin, Store Mgr. Then, again the shoes fell apart again 3 mos later.

I am very suspicious of New Balance manufacturing company.

Please take corrective action.

Desired outcome: To closely watch your manufacturing process, which NB did not care about doing. The materials needs changing before selling to the retail NB specialty stores.

P
7:04 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics Quality and 2 year waterproof warranty* scam

First, I thought the shoe was made in the USA, it is NOT. My bad for not researching.

Second, the golf shoe is falling apart after less than 5 months of use, 2 - 3 times a week for 9 holes of golf. Thae website says that the shoe is non returnable and at the same time offers a "2 year waterproof warranty*". The "*" is explained no where on the site.

Third. the tongue of these shoes are nothing short of the poorest thought out and made shoe (see attached photo).

Forth. the cleat is falling off the bottom of the shoe, sometimes making the shoe health problem, eg. a twisted ankle. (see attached photo).

Desired outcome: New shoes or full return on their 2 year waterproof warranty*.

Hide full review

Is New Balance Athletics legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals New Balance Athletics as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 10% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, New Balance Athletics stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering New Balance Athletics should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

New Balance Athletics earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: New Balance Athletics achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for New Balance Athletics. The company provides a physical address, 28 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of New Balance Athletics's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Newbalance.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows New Balance Athletics website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Newbalance.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up New Balance Athletics and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While New Balance Athletics has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 10% of 38 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to New Balance Athletics. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
3:26 am EDT

New Balance Athletics Work shoes

I have placed an order on May 23rd and yet to receive the shoes. The details of purchase are as below.

Merchant Order No. : 1ZX-gg14409-fn1000

Order No. : 202305261438586880634

Payment Date&Time : Fri May 26 14:39:01 CST 2023

Amount : 6717.41 INR

I traced the consignment no and it shows that has been delivered to Ahmedabd.

Tracking No. is '[protected]

Merchant Order No: 98601 Order No: 202305261438586880634

Desired outcome: Kindly provide status of delivery or refund

12:12 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics NBG1008

The sole separated from the shoe after only wearing 6 times. I have purchased many New Balance golf and athletic shoes over the years and have been very satisfied with the product. I was also a purchaser because you were one of the few companies still manufacturing shoes in the USA. Unfortunately the NBG1008 was made in China.

PS. I tried to load photos but format not supported.

Desired outcome: A replacement pair of golf shoes or a refund. Size 9.

4:51 pm EST

New Balance Athletics MW410BK

Let me start by saying that outside of work boots, New Balance walking type shoes are the only type of shoes I've ever worn. Since I've retired, I find I'm wearing these more often because I'm going to the doctor more nowadays. The pair I have been wearing was getting that worn look so I decided to get a new pay I had in my closet. I had 2. I wore one pair one day and one of the soles started to come off. I figured I would get some 'Shoe goo' and glue it back down, but I had trouble finding it. So I got pair #2 down and went to a Dr's and then went to the post office, whereby then an entire sole came off and the other one was on its way too coming off.

All I can say is the glue you use is no where close to the glue that was used to make the ladies shoes, sandals and dress shoes, we used when I worked in the Brown Shoe Company back in mid 1970s. I started offhand lasting, then I went to toe lasting, then on to side lasting, so you see I do know something about how shows are made and from my QC estimation, especially since I have another pair of NB shoes that have not suffered the same fate, there is definitely something wrong with the glue that was the manufacturer of these particular shoes.

Desired outcome: I want these replaced with comparable model. I think there is a New Balance store in Huntsville, AL which is 30 miles north of where I currently live

11:33 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics Breeze v2 golf shoes

In February 2022 I vacationed in Naples and went to the PGA store and bought a pair of New Balance Breeze V2 golf shoes. I wore them once a week for about 8 weeks. The shoelace eye link broke off the shoe after I returned home. T

New Balance has numerous complaints about this and has since changed the design. I filed a complaint sent in pictures and after a couple months was asked to send more pictures. I never received any other notifications since then. I have another pair of NB golf shoes and 4 pair of NB running shoes. I have 3 married children and 8 grand children who all are very active and all wear NB Lacrosse Basketball Football Running etc shoes. All I wanted was to exchange the shoes. They are like new and NB would not honor a defective product. I have been using your running & golf shoes for a couple decades but I won't buy and my family won't be using NB anymore and I am sorry to say that.

Desired outcome: Exchange a like new damaged pair for a new pair.

B
1:03 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics New Balance 515

I bought a pair of womens pink and black 515 shoes at Academy sports only a month ago and I have only worn the shoes maybe 4 times total. One the right shoe the rubber on the bottom has almost completely come off. These shoes have barely been worn. I don't have the receipt anymore because I was happy with my purchase but the quality in this shoe is terrible and they were not cheap for me. I paid over $50 for them.

Desired outcome: I would like a replacement pair. These are my only walking shoes and I don't feel like spending more money when these should have lasted me way more than a month.

8:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

New Balance Athletics Quality of your 608 sneakers!

I recently purchased a pair of NB 608 sneakers. After 3 months of wearing them, they are falling apart! In the front the sole has completely separated from the rest of the shoe! I've had this happen before with the same brand and model.I decided to give you another try because I'm very pleased with their fit. I need new sneakers, but I'm sorry to say, I will not purchase these anymore. They are of poor quality! They simply fall apart! You need to check with your quality control department and find out what is causing this problem. Something is wrong with the adhesive.

Desired outcome: I'd like to know why this is happening and a complete refund or a pair of better quality sneakers.

6:52 am EDT

New Balance Athletics Women's New Balance Sweat Pants

So, About 4 months ago I purchased a New Balance women's sweat pants. I was saving them to wear on my travel for vacation. I wore them to the airport and to my destination (took them off when I arrived at airport cause I put shorts underneath, it was hot, then just wore them back home. Never washed them yet, but I can't believe how much they pilfered. Its a joke. They look horrible! I'm not sure what these numbers are, but there is a tiny tag with these two numbers. F2101JER920 and below it is WP83855X. I just wanted to give you these numbers to hopefully identify them. The body of the material is 100% polyester and the RIB us 96%polyester and 4% elastane. How could they look this bad, from just wearing them twice for such a short period of time. I will never purchase this product again! Horrible. I would think with this being polyester, it wouldn't do it. Attached is a photo of what they look like. I'm very disappointed in New Balance!

J
6:38 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics New Balance 410 Trail shoes

I purchased these shoes a few months ago and do not wear them often.

However, both shoes have fabric areas that have worn off.

They appear as the black area to the right and left of the N in the photo

Desired outcome: A new pair of shoes

4:05 am EDT

New Balance Athletics Product and service

I bought a pair of New Balance tekkies from Atterbury Value Mart as per my podiatrists request. New Balance tekkies cost me R1699 on sale. Only to discover that I had been wearing 2 different shoes. One leather and one suede. After countless e-mails to the store manager (Governer) and the Area Manger (Riaan.[protected]@newbalance.com) absolutely nothing has been done, not even an apology. For something that is clearly not my fault. All I have been asking for is a replacement pair that match, clearly to much to ask for. I was told by store manager as per instructions from area manager, to phone and tell me that "2 mismatched shoes are correct, it's the "New Trend". And that is how their shoes are sold. To wear one leather and one suede tekkie at R1699 per pair. No one at New Balance seems to care that I am clearly NOT HAPPY. Till today Riaan.[protected]@newbalance.com has made NO attempt assist with my complaint. How can I been help responsible for been given 2 different types of tekkies?

Desired outcome: A pair of tekkies that match, I'm not interested in the "NEW TREND" at R1699 a pair. And I know an apology is really pushing my luck as clearly no one cares.

1:06 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics Soccer shirt appliqués come off and silk screen dissolves

I have purchased two different new balance Panama FIFA soccer shirts in the country of panama. Both of my shirts have appliqués coming off as well as the silkscreened colors are disintegrating. This is only after about a year of ownership and maybe eight or nine wearing‘s. Never in the dryer. I contacted New Balance they told me to contact the vendor, which is out of business due to the pandemic. They are not interested in helping someone outside the United States. Even though it’s their product.

I attended a game last week and looked around at other people‘s new balance shirts as they have the lock on the team logo. Many of the shirts I saw all had peeling wreaths, and silk screening that was disintegrating just like mine. Obviously poor quality in the manufacturing. The shirt itself is fine, it’s only what they added to the shirt that doesn’t last. And for $70, I expect better. Customer service would do nothing to help me. So all I can do is take my business elsewhere. And if that means not buying another team shirt, I guess I’ll just wear a plain red shirt to a game. It’s disgraceful especially when you consider it’s made overseas for three or four dollars and sold for 70.

Desired outcome: I would like my shirts replaced

H
1:09 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics New Balance Work Shoes Self—Destructing

I bought a pair of basic black New Balance shoes in August and wear them to work every day. I have a job where I sit at a desk and work on a computer / assist customers from a stationary position all day long. However, the seams are literally coming undone on their own, and the shoe’s toe on my right foot has popped open. I have had Adidas, Pumas, Vans, and Nike shoes that have lasted years and sustained proper condition even after walking many miles per day in them and yet my New Balance shoes are used for the absolute bare minimum activity and in less than seven months, have begun falling apart. I require all black, comfortable shoes to wear to work and money is tight — I wouldn’t have shoveled out as much money as I did on these shoes had I known they were going to fall apart in just over half a year. I’m disappointed at the quality to say the least, and hope I just got a defective pair because the quality failing to last even a year is quite sad.

I’ve included pictures, one being the open toe of the right shoe and the others being of the threading coming out on it’s own on each shoe.

Desired outcome: I’d appreciate a response. A replacement pair of shoes or a credit (+ shipping) would be ideal.

Read full review of New Balance Athletics and 1 comment
1 comment
schmmucknomore
Meridian, US
Mar 26, 2022 10:24 pm EDT

I have the same problem with the all black 481 All Terrain. size 16

I just got back from the New Balance factory store 4572 N Eagle Rd Boise, ID 83713 and they told me not only do they not carry my size but that I have one of the lowest quality shoe New Balance makes, when I told them I paid 130.00 + at Christmas he told me I got ripped off and there was nothing he could do about my shoes since I did not buy them there. I told him I did not buy them there because I was told you do not carry my size ever.

Anyway, here are my pictures of these shoes, they have not been dolled up in any way, in fact they are back on my feet presently as I have no other shoes at this time.

1:19 am EST

New Balance Athletics New balance South Africa online service

Dear customer complaints, I bought the New Balance Fuelcell rc elite on 15 November 2021 online from New Balance South Africa but what I experience was a shocking lack on customer service and an attetude that risk bringing great harm to the Brand. No wonder a popular website nl 'hallo peter', are specked with negative feedback on new balance South Africa online site and even when they provide the opportunity for a company to respond ; New balance did not respond to customer claims. What follow is my experience and the hope to get some help 1. Discount not fulfilled.
On the 15 November 2021 I Signed up online for the New Balance newsletter so i could get 15 percent discount (black friday) and till today I'm still waiting for it. I didnt receive an email or sms and eventually had to bought the shoes anyway at fear it may go out of stock; but i just felt robbed and played. Why advertise something if it's false? What a scam. I was disappointed not going to lie. I did wrote to customerserviceNew balance South Africa, who only gave me the middle finger; meaning, they did nothing to try resolving the issue. The following tickets were my communication:ticket number for reference :463154 - agent Adriaan. 2. Item not shipped On the 16 th November 2021 I wrote again to customer service to ask when will I receive my sms or email notification reflecting the shipping details and tracking Aqeelah Erasmus asure me I will receive it and my shoes will arrive via courier in the next 5 "You will receive a waybill and tracking details and will be delivered within the next 5 working days." days.dated 16 Nov 9:44.   I wrote another   email to ask assistance from senior management and got a ticket but no response  ticket number  : 463310  .On the 17th I wrote again to Kathy Goddard and say ticket    463310 was not attended to and another ticket number for reference : 463632 were created-but nobody attend to the ticket. Then on 18 November2021 I wrote another mail -why to tickets were left unattendedd and why  I did not receive any shipping details yet. I receive ticket number for reference : 464030 in response but no answer . On the 22 I wrote again with the same question and Daine Peterson wrote back "Please note a request was sent to our warehouse to confirm when you order will be dispatched, Once confirmed we will gladly revert back along with your expected delivery date and tracking details. "I then wrote again after not receiving any shipping details to Kathy Goddard, that I still didnt receive feedback and only receive ticket number for reference : 464846 .Again I tried and only receive ticket number for reference : 464851 . On my 3rd attempt and no answers I write again and receive ticket number for reference : 464905.Then Kay-lynn answered on the 22 November 2021  at 14:22 " Kindly be advised we are awaiting feedback on your order as it was affected by a technical issue." Today is the 23 November 8 days since I placed my order and I wrote again to customer care with heading subject: Needs case Escalation due to no progress -ticket : 464851 and this far only received: ticket number for reference : 465280. No answers and no care. Is this the Branding you want to allow for New Balance in South Africa?

Desired outcome: I want the shoes I bought to be courier aand delivered imedeatlyand discount of 15percent returned to my bank account

M
7:48 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics Poor shoe quality

I recently purchased a pair of shoes and the bottom started falling apart. This occurred after the first time the shoes were worn. I'm a long time New Balance customer and would like to continue to be one. I am concerned about the quality and would like a replacement pair that is a similar style and the same size. Attached you will find a photo of the receipt, the issue with the shoes and a photo of the box

Desired outcome: New pair of shoes

2:28 am EDT

New Balance Athletics Women Running Shoes 860s

I seem to have not had a pleasant experience as yet regarding the defective shoes I have. My husband bought my (expensive)shoes on 10 December 2020. As I was still wearing my old pair I did not start wearing my new shoes until late in the year, hardly worn the right side heel support gave away. The shoes were bought online from Sportsman's Warehouse but they are saying the warranty is with you and not them. The problem is, shoes that cost R2400 surely is not meant to last less than 9 months hardly worn? I have always bough New Balance and still have my previous versions but this matter has convinced me otherwise.

Desired outcome: Inspect the shoes, resolve the issue of my defective shpes

10:20 am EDT

New Balance Athletics new balance 574

Hi, This complaint involves the top loops used to lace 574 shoes. They break.
I bought two pairs of 574 new balance trainers because I loved my old pair that wore out. The new ones are similar but, instead of having holes for laces at the top, they have loops. After wearing for one week, the loop broke on one shoe when I went to tie it. With all the stress on feet, the little white loop was destined to fail. I jury-rigged it by punching a hole through where the loop broke... to lace the shoes the normal way, but the fit is different from the other foot. My suggestion to you is to go back to normal lacing using holes rather than loops. Now I have a dangling white string and a loose fitting shoe on one foot. These 574s were originally a great design. Please don't change a good thing. Sheesh.

Desired outcome: new shoe

L
9:33 pm EDT

New Balance Athletics Tennis Shoe 608 V 2

I have been wearing New Balance shoes for the past 15 year or so. As someone who needs a wider tennis shoe (10.5 Wide), I have found your brand to offer the best shoes with regards to comfort, fit and balance. However, the past three pairs of your shoes I like the best, 608 V2, have all developed the same problem long before the top or soles were worn. I've included photos for your reference. It would appear there's something about your manufacturing process that lends itself to this issue. After a couple of months of wear the sole separates from the upper shoe on the toe. At that point I have no choice but to go out and buy a new pair. I've replaced the defective shoe with another 608 V2 because I like the shoe very much. I don't know if I'm expecting you to do anything, but I think you should at least address the issue in your manufacturing process. At 66 I don't do anything unusual outside of normal walking, so I believe whatever adhesive you are currently using is simply not working very well.

Desired outcome: At least an answer or acknowledge

6:56 pm EST

New Balance Athletics New Balance Tennis Shoe

I have a pair of new balance tennis shoes and there is a hole in one of the shoes. I have only worn the shoes for 6 months. This may be wear and tear of the shoe but I have never has this happen to a pair of tennis shoes before. I was surprised to see a tear in it as I have worn lots of other brand of tennis shoes. I thought when you pay so much for a pair of shoes they should stand up and last longer.

Allison

Desired outcome: Replacement of shoe

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

New Balance Athletics contacts