Having problems with Banana Republic?

1888 277 8953 (United States)
+1 888 906 1345 (USA & International)
+1 866 450 2330 (BR Card)
+1 866 450 2335 (BR Luxe Card)
+1 844 273 7746 (Banana Republic Factory)
6007 Green Pointe Drive
Fri7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun7:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

Customer service - using br credit card/return department

I ordered a couple of dresses online on 4/29/20 and received them but had to return them due to size being too small. The stores were not opened due to COVID19 so thought I'd wait, not knowing how long it would closed. Finally, I decided I could just return via mail. I went on my account to get the return label and mailed it out usps on June 2, 2020. I received the bill for the 2 dresses which I returned. They were the only 2 items on the bill, $51.97. So, I called BR Customer service on June 19, 2020 and was told that due to COVID19, returns were taking longer and not to worry about late fees, as they can waive that and not to worry about it being reported to credit bureau. I was further told, if the returned merchandise were the only items on the bill, it would be okay for me not to pay the bill and wait for the return credit. So, that's what I did. Mind you, I have great credit and normally pay my bills right away. I never let a balance continue past the statement date. Always pay off all my card balances every month. Now, July 3, I received the bill again, now with late fees and interest of $29.22. So, I called BR customer service again to let them know I received the bill with late fees and to have them take it off as promised. Accept, I am automatically forwarded to the collection agency who now has to investigate the whole matter because I'm disputing it. Really? If I had known I was going to automatically be sent to collections by not paying my bill, I would have just paid to save the heart ache. I was also informed it had been reported to the credit bureau. Collection asked why I wasn't able to pay. It's not about me not being able to pay. I can pay, it's that I had returned the merchandise and now over a month later, I have not been refunded. I am writing this because I do not think it's right for BR management to have their customer services reps tell people false information about having late fees waived during Covid19 crisis due to the company's delayed services. If I was told what would happen, I would have paid the bill to begin with and just wait for the credit back once the refund is processed. This is infuriating. I have been a long time BR customer and this experience is making me not want to purchase anything from them. Collectionsn department ended up transferring me to their banks customer service department. The late fees and interest was then taken off and I ended up paying the $51.97 so that I don't have to deal with this anymore. I'll just now have to wait for a credit. I'm writing this complaint to request a credit asap.

general manager

I am writing an compliant about my displeased experiences shopping at banana republic at Foxwoods store 1438...

Mashantucket Retail Stores

credit card

I had gone in as I was buying an item. I was told to use my reward I had to use their credit card. I told the...

delivery service

I ordered merchandise and the cheap delivery service banana uses doesn't deliver my merchandise before close of business, I have contacted the delivery company as well as banana can not get any resolution from either one. I have been a loyal customer of banana for years and will never order again as long as they have UDS as a delivery service because I shouldn't have to pay extra to get my packages in a timely manner.

wrong item delivered online - no solution to the customer

Dear team at Banana Republic, I am deeply disappointed with my customer experience with you. My order...

new flyknit sneakers neonyellow [protected]

I purchased these sneakers on 6/27/19. I wore the sneakers on Saturday evening 8/4/19. I unfortunately got...

credit card fraud by the cashier

I bought a few items at banana republic factory Forest Hills, NY. I used my bank's credit card to pay for these items. After I paid a friend of a cashier chased after me to sell her domains at Godaddy.com, which I had no business with. So I refused to do so. She sounded like it was connected to banana republic's credit card. A few days later an authorized charge showed up on my credit card bill. It seems that the cashier there was passing my credit card information to her friend to steal. I will never use credit cards again at this store. I recommend other shoppers to do the same. Don't use your credit card at this store.

shoes

I went almost two days ago to buy a shoes and found one that i like but i couldnt buy it as the lady at the...

manager

Shopping at Banana Republic Factory Store in the Block 37 Shops at State. The manager was standing in the middle of the store. She did not help any customers, she was just standing there. I realised that she was in her mic speaking to another employee, who was returning from break. The employee asked her about his cell phone. Apparently, the manger had taken the employee's cell phone out of the break room. She told him he was not allowed to have his cell phone charging in the break room and she had moved it! The manager was very rude to her employees. I stood waiting to request a fitting room, while she was chewing out her employee. I requested her help solely to divert her attention from the poor guy! I requested her help, but she refused. She asked the guy she chewed out to help me. She acted like it was beneath her to help a customer. I cannot believe a manager is allowed to chew out her employees in public! I find this extremely unprofessional. I did not make any purchase at this store simply because of the manger! How extremely rude.

ridiculous billing problem

I ordered a dress online in mid March. It came quickly enough. I didn't care for it so I contacted BR to get a return label printed and put the item in the UPS drop box on March 27th. I called BR on 4/4/18 to confirm receipt of item, and was told the dress had been received by them on 3/30/18 but had not been processed. I then received a PAST DUE ALERT email from my BR Visa card account on 4/24/18. I called the number on that email immediately and was told that there had been a two week delay (this was 3 weeks by now) in processing returns and to call the BR Visa card company on 5/1/18, which I did tonight, with having to deal with the incredible automated system that is determined not to let you talk to a live person without figuring out how to trick it first. Exasperated!!! I was told that they would waive the $25 late fee and the $2.14 finance charge that I had been charged on the latest bill from BR, for an item that I had returned more than a month ago, and that they would write a check to me after an investigation was done which could take up to 60 days!!! You're kidding, right?! I asked them to call BR customer service to confirm the return but was told they could not do that. REALLY??? So, I called them myself to ask if they had record of the return. The rep put me on hold then told me she had given me credit for the item on my BR Visa card that would take 3-5 days to process. I told her I had not asked her to do that b/c now I have to jump through another hoop to get the BR credit card people to write me a check once the money is in my account, and that I had no intention of using my BR account again after being treated so unfairly after many years of being a loyal BR customer. To be honest, I don't care for their clothing anymore anyway. SO frumpy!!! Not happy at all.

customer service

The store associate at the front didn't greet me when I walked in. She quickly called another associate from...

services

I was shopped at banana republic pasadena store, the sale manager christy was so rude . She was not able to return item from customer whom was dissatisfied the item because the item was defected. Christy was not patient. Her services and attitude were not sound like a manager. Im a big fan of bananas and 6years customer. I'm so disappointed at this time.

manager at the north brunswick store in nj

I made an online purchase at banana republic (I shop here all the time) and received a different item than I ordered. I was upset that I had to drag my kid in the cold weather to the North Brunswick store (not the usual store I visit), but the only one 25 mins away that had the top that I wanted and had ordered. Nothing it would be an easy exchange nothing prepared me for the racist, rude and horrifying experience that the manager Heather put me through. She said something about the receipt not matching the item (of course it wouldn't match since the wrong item was shipped to me) and made me feel like [censor] for trying to return an item that was an error on BR's part in the first place and made me wait for over 30 minutes!!! Your managers and store staff are the face of your company, please make sure you'll hire the right customer oriented people!!! Will never visit that store and if I have another bad experience will completely stop shopping at BR.

frustrating

I think it's the right time to say goodbye to this brand. Unfortunately, they became worse and I don't want to deal with them anymore.
I don't know what exactly was a reason for them, Maybe they are in the middle of their own crisis, or maybe they changed the management, but the brand that used be a great one has changed and it's sad.
They now use cheap materials for clothes, it's overpriced, the design is not for everyone, the choice of it is not wide anymore. I am very disappointed... :(

employee discrimination

Hi, it has been brought to my attention that a very intelligent & well mannered former student of mine ha...

very disappointed

It used to be a great place for shopping. Most of my clothes were bought from BR and I had nothing to complain about.
Something went wrong with their online shopping because they often delay orders and simply say that the ordered items are out of stock and they can do nothing about it. Actually, you can. You can refund money as soon as possible, as fast as you charge them right after we place orders. But no. It takes you forever.
I am done with their online stores.

online shopping

Huge online consumer, I purchase item from Banana Republic and a week later they still haven't shipped. No where online states that the items were out of stock. I sent 3 email, and to date still no response. Do not shop Banana Republic, they have the worst customer service I've ever seen. 7 days after purchase, the items still haven't left their warehouse. I've never had this experience with any retailer before in my life!

lost item. refuse a refund

I placed an order to purchase a few items from banana republic. According to the website the item should arrive within 5-7 business days. But items actually arrive early and no one is at the property to receive the item. Eventually item was lost. Called banana republic. They agree to refund initially when I spoke to them over the phone. But after some confusion between gap and banana republic they rejected to refund my full amount. I have lost over $185 because of unreliable information from banana republic.

terrible shop!

Cashier refused to take my money! I went to one of the Banana Republic shops and wanted to buy something. But when I was just about to pay cashier asked for my ID! I asked what for did she need it and she said that she cannot take my money until I provide my ID. Total nonsense!
I just wanted to buy a dress so why on earth they needed my ID?
I refused to show it (because I actually did not have it with me that day) and she rudely took the dress and repeated she cannot take the money.
Are you kidding me??

kicked out of the store

Recently went to the Banana Republic store and was shocked how rude and nasty employees they have there! When I came to the store they asked me to show my bag and my identity card for who knows why.
I just came in and they already ruined my day. I showed the bag but I did not have my identity card that day and they literally said that can't enter the shop!! What?
Never ever I was kicked out from the store for no reason!
I just wanted to buy myself a new shirt and that's all. No apology, no explanation, nothing!!
You guys are terrible, will never come to your terrible store again!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices