NetzeroUnauthorized charges

Netzero has been charging my credit card for 6 months for an access service I never requested. They would only credit me for the last month at first, then after pressing, they said the last 2 months. I explained I never authorized these charges and finally after an hour on hold they agreed to credit my card(after I asked to talk to a manager).

If they do this to thousands of customers and only a handful are as persistent as I am, Netzero is making a fortune "mischarging" customers.

• Pe
    peggy frazier Oct 16, 2007

Last month i canceled netzero because i got hi-speed. Oh!! So much better. But any who. I've been with netzero for over 1an half years. Couldn't afford anything else at the time. They said it would cost me 9.95 plus another 25.00 to shut me off. That is a load of @$&^%$. But they waited to to pull the 25.00 out of my account a month later. Which i didn't know until i got an overdraft of 59.00. 25.00 for netzero and 34.00 from my bank. I really don't have one nice thing to say about netzero. There getting rich on poor saps like myself!

Beware people!

Samantha Green Nov 25, 2007

Netzero has charged my acct twice after i canceled. I told them when i canceled to remove my acct information from their system. I was told it was. Today i looked at my statement and there was a charge on 11/22/07 and another on 10/17/07 both for $7.47. I canceled in sept. This is ridiculous they are charging ppl for no services after they have canceled hoping no one would notice. This is ridiculous, some people don't have money to throw away and i had payments sent back from other company's and was charged for insufficient funds. You can not contact them after you cancel because you cant get into their support page or call with out acct information what can i do, something needs to be done.

• Br
    bryan welcome Feb 19, 2008

I keep getting charged for internet service from netzero and never ordered netzero from them but an idiot that I talked to said that my next bill will show credit of the last 2 moths I did not recieve my credit but they are still continuing to charge me for the internet service my home telephone number is [protected] please give me advice of what I can do in the future.I'm getting fed up with that stupid people at netzero...also if they would hire people that speaks english it would be helpful

Josh Andrews Mar 04, 2008

I have never once used Netzero, but starting in January of 2008, I started getting charged for Netzero (about $80) so far. I called 2 weeks ago and their very difficult customer service dept told me they would cancel my account. They game me one debit of $9.95 only to follow with another $9.95 charge. I called them back and have talked to 3 different people at 3 different numbers (I'm currently on hold...) and have been told there are 3 accounts that have been opened. They refuse to give me a logical answer to any of this, nor will they provide a supervisor or any kind of confirmation that my bank account will be refunded. In fact, they continue to ask for personally identifiable information from me to "verify" my account even though they don't have anything on file for me. They even said if I gave them the number i was calling from (my work #, which I never give out), they could verify things. Complete B.S. I am a lawyer and would love to get a group together.

• Bu
    buzz Jul 29, 2008

Avoid at all costs. I canceled my service and after a few months started getting billed for $4.95 for Security Suite, which I never authorized.
    Their claim was that I was offered a free 90 day subscription, that ran out. WRONG. They never apologized and would not credit my card.
    I canceled my credit card to avoid them hitting it any more.

• Sh
    Sherry Bennett-Lee Oct 24, 2008

They are doing the same thing to us. We got a new high speed package thru our phone company, i cancelled in May and wouldnt ya know it i contineuosly keep getting billed. Each time they tell me i had a back up plan??? Each month I tell them we have been through this over and over, I want nothing from you! I want my money back. The only way i can get them to go away is either sue them or cancel my credit card! ^ months of hell!!!

• Be
    Berta Jan 28, 2009

Juno online and netzero are the same company. They obtained my credit card number somehow (not from me) and began charging for BOTH juno online and netzero services simultaneously. When I called juno online they asked for my phone number, which of course, was not associated with any account because I DID NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT.

Since my phone number was not in their system, they asked for my credit card number and name and address, which I provided. Then they found me in their system. They claimed that someone in my home had called with the credit card and set up the Internet services, providing the CVS number on the back of the card. (Must have been my 9 year old, or my 6 year old.

Oh, maybe my husband got confused and decided that we needed another Internet service in addition to the one we already have, and went through an enrollment process to get this great new dial up service instead of our DSL.) Next, I called 'netzero' about charges on the same card, only to discover that it was the same company as juno online. The rep kept asking what I wanted to do with the 'membership' -- I stated that there was no membership to discuss since I did not open an account and I was merely calling about the fraudulent charges they were making on my card.

They finally agreed to credit my account when I kept emphasizing that they did not have my home phone number because: 1) I did not set up and account and, 2) they are not providing me with services. I will be calling my credit card company checking for a credit.

Juno online and Netzero are LYING. They are charging credit card numbers without authorization, and without CVS numbers. They need to be investigated for fraudulent activities.

• Dw
    dwc May 04, 2009

Same thing happened to me. Capital one nothiced unusual activity on my card and called me. They closed the old account and sent me new cards. I just received my first bill with an $89.00 Netzero charge! I haven't called the 800 number to activate it! I spent 3/4 hour going over my information with first tech. before being xferred to billing. I was told the account was opened online. I got the phone number from the account and have researched it. The owner of the phone lives in another town near. Another 3/4 hour before I finally got an agreement to refund total amount(5-10 days), close the account and no additional charges. I was told the confirmation would be sent to the email on the account... I got them to give me the email. Not mine. I still have to do some investigation, because the email name doesn't remotely resemble the phone owner's name. I know, email addresses are made up, but this one looks like a persons name... [email protected]

I also called my credit card company and opened a dispute. I am supposed to see a credit in 3-4 days. I plan to close the account when the amount is returned.

• Fo
    ForgottenMan Oct 19, 2010

NetZero began charging my CC four months ago. I called to terminate the fraudulent immediately and request full restitution for the fraudulent charges. They offered only two months' restitution. I pressed for a supervisor, who also offered only two months. I asked the supervisor quite specifically if NetZero was refusing to make full restitution and she said yes.

• Li
    Lisa Duvall Jan 25, 2011

Tired of unauthorized charges from your debit account? I have the knowledge and experience needed to get your money.

Please email me at [email protected] for additional information or go to the website above