NET 10cheated out of airtime minutes

K

I purchased airtime minues via the Net10 website on March [protected] minutes/60 days. I recorded my actual minutes before I made the purchase since I believe I was shorted minutes in the past. After I made the purchase, 60 days were added immediately but the minutes remained the same before I made the purchase. I waited 24 hours just to see if the phone would update on it's own as they recommend on the website - it did not. I tried calling several times when I realized my minutes did not update - I got an automated messsage that due to call volume they could not take my call and to try another time (system hung up my call). Since I'm a busy person, I didn't bother to call back until today March 15 2017. Customer Service told me that I did receive my minutes, they even "confirmed" with technical support who told her the same thing. They refused to give me my minutes or refund my $30.00.

Net10 claims this is very rare. Has this every happened to anyone but me? Am I crazy?

• Ar
    ARTHUR LAPPIN Feb 18, 2008

I spent 5 hours on phone last thursday feb 14 talking to a several people being transferred from one to another for hours and ended up with no minutes for my phone but they succeeded in locking up 32.33 of my bank acoount twice 64.66. I could not understand the language it wasnt english. On saturday my money still wasnt returned on my account and I spent another 2 hours on phone. Do not deal with this company trac phone or net10. They are not taking care of business even more so in america. It is now monday 9pm and still no money. Art lappin

• La
    latoya Oct 14, 2008

Net 10 has been a horrible experience for me. I had water damage to my phone so i purchased another phone. The advertise that they can transfer minutes and your number if you would like. I called and could hardly understand the customer service representative and then i was told it would take two weeks to transfer minutes and or the number. This is ridicolous i have never ever heard of this before. If Net 10 is going to have there csr with really heavy accents like that they do not need to sell their merchandise in the us. I could not even talk to them about my problem because i could not understand them and vice versa.

Matthew55904 May 01, 2009

NET10 clearly states no refunds on lost airtime balance. If you get reconditioned phones you will have this problem we did and within 3 minutes of being on th eline with NET10 they got the 300 minutes and 60 days of sevice i was entitled to upon activation added to the phone i asked them why it did this they said because the phone needed to be reprogrammed since it was a previously used phone. I also recieved this phone with no SIM card, a nonworking phone charger, and a battery that didnt hold a charge they sent all three for FREE at teh same time and everything worked fine they DO speak english just broken english you might need to ask several time to repeat themselves and talk to tehm in a completely silent area such as a car or garage

Matthew55904 May 01, 2009

The problem with sayin itll take two weeks was because you old phone had a outdated SIM card technoligy the new phone have colour SIM cards that are faster and work better i had this problem too called every 3 days and they said they are having trouble porting the number in with the NEW SIM Technoligy for the OLD 2 weeks later it was active and i had to get myself a new phone because of mine failing and it had the old SIM card my new phone has the newer faster SIM card and i activated and ported my number at 10am by 2pm it was fully working

mrvengurlekar Aug 20, 2009

I agee completely. I am not able to call fom landline numbe to my Net10 cell phone.

I spent 2 hours together trying to call seveal times and fixing this poblem. But they don't do anything. This phone really bad.

mrvengurlekar Aug 20, 2009

This Net10 phone is really bad.

I can't reach this phone from any landline number. It says dial 1 or 0 before calling and.

• La
    Lannie1526 Oct 20, 2009

I recently purchased a Net 10 phone and upon activation started to text someone I knew. Well it showed that they were charging me 50 cents for each text. Which is big difference from there advertised rate of 5 cents for texting. I called their customer service number only to be told that it was 50 cents and there was nothing they were going to do about the false advertisement that is on all there products. Claiming text messages for 5 cents. Purchaser beware this company is frauding people !!

anodfromhell Nov 24, 2009

when you put minutes on your net 10 phone it turns your let's say $30.00 card into 300 minutes... 10cents a minute. the text messages are 5 cents per message... which is 1/2 a minute... which would show as .5 minutes used.

• Pe
    Peter1961 Jan 15, 2010

THE PRICE OF OUTSOURCING. The coverage map is ok and the voice quality is good, but if you will ever have a problem, you are going to be put through the eye of a needle. They have the worst customer service, period. Simple things will take for ever to be processed. you are going to haVE TO WAIT FOR COUNTLESS HOURS TO SOLVE PROBLEMS LIKE REGISTERING YOUR PHONE FOR INTERNATIONAL LIONG DISTANCE... or to plainly activate your phone. Thee suddenly make my phone INACTIVE, while I still had more than 2017 minutes and more than 11 months of service. They put the I in Incompetence.

• Lt
    L Teter Feb 01, 2010

Has anyone reported this company to the Better Business Bureau yet? I'm another dissatified customer in a long line of many! 3 months ago when I added minutes over the internet, the minutes never loaded on my phone. I had to call customer service who then had to give me a code enrty mode to get the minutes added.

The next month, same thing happened. This time I waited longer to see if there was some sort of delay. The following day, still no minutes. Well then I thought maybe I did it wrong so I ordered more minutes online. Nope, didn't load again so once again I had to call customer service. Before I called I checked my bank account to see if the charges had been taken out. There they were - $60. I explained to the CR what had happened and asked for them to go ahead a load in 600 minutes instead of waiting for the original $30 to be reimbursed. She said "no problem", went through the whole code enrty mode thing again and when the minutes finally appeared on my phone, they only gave me 300 minutes.

Well, we all know you must have extra time to talk with CS because it's NEVER handled in a timely manner so it was a few days before I really had another opportunity to call them. When I called back I was informed that I was only charged $30 for 300 minutes. BS!!! I was clearly charge $60 so I had my bank dispute and investigate the charge.

My money was returned to me but THEY DISABLED MY PHONE. I still have 193 minutes left on my phone that I paid for and now they are telling me if I want to have my phone reactivated, I have to send them the $30 charge back they were forced to return.

There is NO WaY Im sending them $30!!! I've gotten totally screwed out of a service I paid for and I will make sure I let everyone I know to never use this company!
    L. Teter, Boise ID

• Lo
    lovepink Apr 07, 2010

I have a net 10 phone too and i paid 50 dollars and i have water damage and it won't turn on and they want me to just buy a new one!! I think they should fix it, i recently got it too.

• Ze
    Zebby Apr 25, 2010

I haven't heard of this before. I have always got my minutes. What I really like is that Net10 is so affordable. Think about how much we save every month in comparison to the contracts. I suppose these things can happen but in all fairness it a worth while trade for good rates like 10c per minute calls. Net10 is great for low usage and has been a bargain for me.

chrisparsley24 May 02, 2010

dude stop sucking up to them i am sure they do other people like this because they did me wrong by sending me a phone that was no good i guess they pay you to say that so they can look good i buy a cell phone from them last month it didn't work so they send me another phone and found out that it was not from my city or address they are jokes that took me for my money $42 dollars and i can go up to town and buy one for $10 dollars they are scammers and its time someone put them in line and they never told me this anyway until i buy the phone they do that so they can take your money i am just telling you people do not do business with them because they will do the same to you as they did to me and thats take your money trust me i know i been there and i am still trying to get my money back but they won't pick the phone up and talk to me the phone stays off the hook

• Ca
    cassandra bryant May 18, 2010

I bought my granddaughters cell phones from net 10, when I went to put 200 minutes each on them on got the minutes and the other didn't the one phone that didn't get the minutes I was told that they went on another phone, then I was told that they replaced the minutes and put them on the phone, when I checked with my granddaughter she still doesn't have any minutes.
    STAY AWAY FROM NET 10 PHONES THEY ARE LIARS, VERY RUDE, AND THEY CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MINUTES. BOYCOTT NET 10 PHONES

• Ca
    cassandra bryant May 18, 2010

Need help on this matter, any one out there can help me please

• My
    mydisplayname Jun 08, 2010

I recently had a problem with Net10. Do not reply to their emails. You must go back to their website and fill out a new contact us form. Don't even bother calling on telephone. It is a waste of time. It took several times to get my problem resolved. On my last contact with them, I asked them to either return my minutes or I would start blogging, I got my minutes.

Mandy Jul 17, 2010

My husband decided since we have 2 young kids, I need a cell phone. The best option (we thought) was net 10 unlimited (which after the fact we find out is only sold at target, but not at our store and not available online). We purchased the exact same net10 samsung 401G phone from walmart after looking at the net10 unlimited site "activate" button that said something like activate an old net10 number on this phone/plan etc. and to call customer service.

What a pain! Call customer service and first get told (by someone who is quite hard to understand), yes your phone can be activated on the unlimited plan.

Great. How do I do that?

You purchase an airtime bundle for $50 and we'll do the rest.

Ok, I go look for an airtime bundle for $50 and can't find one which means it can't be done. After informing CS that they don't have ANY such bundle, she then informs me that my phone can't be upgraded/transferred to the unlimited since I didn't purchase from target (did I mention this takes upward of 40 mins with LOTS of "please wait while I verify your information" in between). So I ask to speak to a supervisor.

After another LONG wait on hold, I get a so-called supervisor who I suspect was a co-worker instead. Interestingly enough I have to verify all my details all over again after another 30+ mins I get told that no, I have to buy a net10 unlimited phone from target. I proceed to explain that MY target in MY area DOES NOT sell them and they can't be purchased online from target or net10. I ask to speak to someone higher, like the CEO or someone who is in charge of Net10 AMERICA (all I'm getting are foreigners in customer service). I get given an 800 number (like those can't be outsourced too).

Call the number and get told it's tracfone. ok, can I speak to someone in charge of net10.

Yes, I am that person.

OK, you make decisions regarding net 10?

ok. Give her my whole spiel about the phone and can I upgrade it.

No you can't because it needs to be purchased from target.

Why? It's just a matter of associating the correct serial number and sim card with the account, after all it's the same phone on the same network.

No she says, it's not an unlimited phone and it doesn't have the unlimited software installed.

Unlimited software????? Now there's a first. Every other network that does unlimited is easily able to upgrade from pre-paid to unlimited, why is this such a prob when its the same network???

It's not something she can explain. C

an I speak to the ceo?

no, she can't give out that info.

Can i speak to someone who makes decisions regarding net10?

no, I can't give you the info.

Can I speak to someone in America?

I am in miami, fl in the corporate headquaters.

Oh? What's the weather like in miami today?

I can't tell you that. I'm not near a window.

Yeah right, you're not in america. Anyone who is in a place would be able to tell you what the weather was like when they went to work that morning, or went to lunch. She's lying about her location and it becomes more and more obvious by her short 1 word answers that she does not like being found out., so, can you put me in touch with someone who makes the decisions regarding net10 so I can at least let them know this is NOt working for consumers and that if it doesn't work they lose money and customers which means less jobs in a recession which hello, means you could lose yours! And yes, please tell me you can't help me because you'd like a long term net 10 customer to go to anotehr network and lose their business forever and YES, I will tell everyone I know!

No, she says, I can't do that.

So I proceed to explain to her that the reason she can't upgrade my net10 prepaid to net10 unlimited has nothing to do with SOFTWARE, it has to do with the fact that net10 prepaid is serviced by at&t and net10 unlimited is serviced by tracfone and BOTH phones are network locked to THOSE networks. It has NOTHING at all to do with software, so basically don't bs me with some pre-prepared phrases.

I also proceeded to ask her for her US location, which, if you're working at corporate headquaters and going to work there everyday, you DO NOT need to pull the address up on your pc! I then proceeded to let her know that the reason she could not put me through to someone who had the power to change things and to actually help me (since she eventually admitted that she could not, even though she initially insisted she was "the" person to speak to) was that she WSA NOT located in the USA and the fact that she could NOT tell me what the weather in miami was like today proved it (I didn't get into I could hear you look up your so-called work address as well). I took the address and hung up.

Chances are the address is bogus too. So let us all ask ourselves, who owns net10 and tracfone. Why can we not find names and contact details for their CEO's and if not contact info at least legit contact info for am american in corporate headquaters- info that works in the USA and phones that ring in teh usa and get answered by americans or people actually living on US soil and does not get outsourced to a foreign country.

The next question is: are these even american companies and where is our money really going to? Maybe those great deals aren't so great after all. I sure as heck am going to try and get my $70+ back for the phone I purchased and go with a network that has good USA based custoemr service and where I can TRACK their ceo or ppl in management who are making the decisions that affect my life and cost me a TON of money!!!

• Mi
    Mickster32 Jul 26, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I had 826 minutes and bought 900 more minutes because the service date was up. They claim it can take about an hour to for the phone to update. After an hour and a half I called to get it fixed. After 1 1/2 hours of trying to understand what they were saying and them telling me they had to put me on hold "anoder tree minutes". They only had the service date updated and insisted that the minutes were updated. They even said that they could see I had 826 minutes showing on the phone. I would have had to been on the phone the entire time for that to happen and it didn't work until the service date was updated. I was on the phone whit them the rest of the time!

• Br
    Brettcb Dec 23, 2010

Worst customer service experience of my life. In addition to the heavy accent, the csr had a major attitude problem, every word out of his mouth dripping with pedanticism and loathing. I told him I prefer not being treated like an imbecile and that he'd do well to improve his skills in dealing with the public. His response was that I shouldn't "go there with him." I then told him I'd like to speak with a manager afterward, and his response was "not a problem, but what makes you think you're in a position to complain?" Incredulous, I replied that the customer is always right, but "apparently Net 10 is not AT & T or Verizon, and we get what we pay for." I went on to tell him that he should be happy to have a job, given the disproportionate number of Net 10 customers who presumably aren't as lucky. The rep then called me an [censored] (no hyperbole, that's the exact word his used, the sounds of other csr's chattering away in the background all the while, presumably abusing customers of their own). That's when I hung up. And all this over the matter of replacing a SIM card for an unactive phone, which in hindsight should have been straightforward. Instead I went back to the Radio Shack store where I originally bought the phone, and was given a new phone for little cost, apparently the easiest workaround for the de-activation problem. The Radio Shack employee commiserated with me over Net 10 horrible, shameful customer service. "It's not a company you want to be dealing with directly, " he admitted.

• Si
    Sissy53402 Jan 11, 2011

Made a complaint 3 different times...due to not receving or being able to send picture messages..but Net10 still deducting several minutes for each attempted try.Was on the phone 3 different times with customer service..who I could barely understand.They attempted to credit my account 20min when I had orginally lost over 100 minutes to do the problem.I am very unsatisfied with this service and how they will not give credit when credit is due.Will not use this company at all in the future !!!

sapello1945 Jan 12, 2011

I have attempted to transfer my telephone number to Net10. The transfer went ok, but when Itried to set up my voicemail as directed, I was unable. Now the nightmare starts: Called their "customer un-service", after being on hold for approximately 15 minutes (and paying for the time to boot) spoke to someone who I could not understand. Finally able to communicate my difficult with voicemail and they said it would be rectified within 24hrs, never happened. Called back again, same scenario, hold for 15 mins., spoke with someone whose grasp of the English language was terrible and was told the issue would be rectified within 24-48 hrs, never happened. BE WARNED: their "customer service" is outsourced to either India or the Phillipines and they are basically useless and you will pay for the privlege of accomplishing nothing.

• Na
    nathan moyer Feb 22, 2011

If it was how you are saying your balance would have been a half hour of time...THINK A LITTLE BIT BEFORE SCARING OFF CUSTOMERS TO A GOOD SERVICE LIKE NET 10...Straighten out your facts before mouthing off...That's why Windows has such a bad rep even though its the more flexible OS...Thanks a bunch!

• Pr
    pricetech Mar 27, 2011

Sadly, your experience is typical. I've yet to speak to anyone who is happy with this bunch.

• Pr
    pricetech Mar 27, 2011

Sadly, your experience is typical. Run as fast as you can from this company before you get in any deeper with them.
    If att services your area, you can get an unlimited plan with them for $60.00 per month or $2.00 per day on the days you use it.
    Verizon offers unlimited for $1.99 per day on the days you use it.
    Should be competitive in the final analysis, and both have customer service that's better by leaps and bounds.

mrbou92 Apr 03, 2011

I have gotten a new net 10 cell and ordered a new sims card. They said it would be here in a few days. I waited a month and called back, they didnt even send it. They then sent it overnight and FINALLY when I got it I called and was on the phone for three hours. In that three hours they hung up on me twice. When I finally got to a real conversation she said if I buy a card over the phone for twenty dollars it would activate it so she could give me the number for unlimited minutes for a month because of the time it took for the sims card to get here. So I bought it and asked her about the unlimited minutes and hung the phone up after being rude to me. I called again and I finally got it resolved by an Erica. She was patient, unrude, and actually gave flyin' hoot. She said she could get the unlimited minutes but she would have to delete the 200 minutes and that she couldnt refund it. So I tried to get something for that 20 dollars but she said she couldnt do anything, but she was trying her best to do something about it and called up her supervisor. She got me refunded my 20 dollars and got me my owed minutes. If I had a say so I would be giving her an award and a raise or something for being the only employee net 10 has that cares about their job and their customers .
    P.S.-I hope I have spelled Ericas name right.

• Si
    sierrascot Nov 15, 2011

Ok, for the sake of being really pissed off, I'll make this short ... Net 10 has taken 27+ dollars from my account, for cell service, 750 minutes, that they will not put on my phone! They have talked to my wife for an hour saying they will fix it in 24-48 hours! It has been 72 hours, and we have NO Minutes on the phone! They say to call them ... its our only phone with no minutes, what are these Inians up too? How can we call with no minutes? Stay away from Net 10, they are deceivers and liars!

angry dude from tx. Jan 13, 2012

phone was defective ??? called net 1o support, was told they would send new phone wth old number but they had already given my old number to another customer the same day ???? can you believe that ??? was given the runaround for another 45 mins. the old i need to talk to my boss ### !!! after all that they said they would send another phone ?? have yet to see it ??? does anybody there speak english ??? could hardly understand them ??? to hell wth them, will never deal with again !!!

• Wa
    WANDA GAITHER Sep 26, 2012

I have had net 10 for close to a year and have had nothing but problems. The most recent started 2 months ago I can't send or receive picture messages. After hours and hours on the phone literally, purchasing 2 new phones and the problem still isn't resolved. I went to northern ca for my daughters wedding and my android lg 45 would not work there at all. I was told by net 10 that my android phone was not covered on those towers but would work on a cheaper phone that wasn't an android... Didn't make sense to me but went and bought a cheaper phone anyway $ 60.00 for phone plus $ 25 for airtime card and 2 hours on the phone trying to set it up and I still didn't have a phone. Finally I gave up until I got home. I went a week without a phone and my flight home was delayed 4 hours and had no way to contact my family because neither phone worked now. I finally got a hold of someone in the phillipinnes tried fixing my phone finally got it back up and running but now I have 2 phones and they refuse to compensate me in any way... And I still can't send or receive picture messages. I requested a manager contact me... Never heard from one. 3 weeks later I get a phone call asking if my phone was working properly... Hello no it isn't. I was told to call the managers support # from a land line so I did. I used someone else's phone and spent 1 hour arguing with a girl I could barely understand she told me I had to send my phone to them before they would send a replacement phone to me... Now hold up a minute.. My bill is paid in advance I spent $ 150.00 on the phone and I use it daily for work why should I have to be without a phone for a week. They had replaced my phone once before due to factory settings and they couldn't fix it over the phone, so why couldn't they do it now. Basically I was called a liar they never do that. At this time I was informed I always had the option of buying a new phone and they would compensate me for the cost with minutes for the next two months... Already did that and gave it to my boyfriend... I requested a supervisor I got someone different who after 30 minutes of him trying to fix my phone said he would send me out a new phone...3 days later I get a box with nothing in it but a prepaid air bill. I called back 2 hours and 48 minutes later a hard reset on my phone lost all my pictures and contacts because they didn't transfer to the sdcard. This idiot says i'll send you a new phone. 3 days later another empty box... Finally I bought a new phone called to have it activated and I was told we are not going to compensate you for purchasing a new phone... So twice now they tell me to buy a new phone and twice they refuse to compensate me for it... Here's the kicker the new android won't send or receive picture messages either... More hours with someone I cannot understand only to be told there is a problem with the tower my phone sends pictures off of. Yea right said give it a couple days it will work that was 2 weeks ago and it still doesn't work... I think I have had enough of net 10 someone should find a good attorney for a class action lawsuit... I might just look into that.

• Se
    Sencala Sep 29, 2012

Awhile back on my birthday I asked for an android. I'd used net 10 for the no contract and they were the first I pick up and had no problems with the simple phone I originally had. Well that all changed when I got my android. I went to switch my numbers and got a message that said the phone wasn't going to be activated unless I called and asked them to send me a sim card. Well I called and was informed that only phones with sim cards are covered in my area and my phone cant use a sim card. I even tried 10 minutes ago thinking maybe in the months in between tries they'd updated their coverage. Nope nothing's changed. The customer service was useless I know nothing about phones and neither did the people I talked to after being transferred several times. I've also had plenty of problems with getting auto paid to work. I have debt cards, credit cards, all with plenty of money yet the website denies the cards it used to take. So now monthly I have to go find an unlimited card which takes going to 3-4 different places as they also sell a 50 dollar card that ads 1000 minutes when unlimited is 50... I'll be switching to another service provider as soon as possible. The frustration of dealing with net 10 makes it almost worth eating the 130$ phone they sold. The thing that bug me the most was they didn't even apologize when I brought up why are they selling phones in an area they don't work especially a 130$ phone. All I got was a run around and excuses. Real honest company they run. Also it wasn't even liket I bought the phone online or at some shady phone dealer. I bought it at walmart. Now it's not walmarts fault net 10 should have some sort of warning to check the area you live in. Would have saved me 130$ if there was a simple check the coverage to see if the phone works in you're area. Here's a hint to net 10 you want people to like you and trust you to be their service provider. When you screw them over, don't apologize, don't offer a refund, you bolster hate towards your company. But no they're focusing on making as much money as possible before some bigger company buys them out. They've lost my business and hopefully by posting this I save someone the agony of dealing with this company.

• Su
    susan rich Dec 07, 2012

I purchased a galaxy precedent android phone, that was advertised on the net 10 site as available in my area only to find out that it couldn't be activated. After 2 hours of trying to find a solution instead of allowing me to give them $10. To upgrade to a phone they could activate to in my area, they offered me a downgraded phone, transferrng the difference to minutes, only after I would wait up to 30 days to get a return on the original money and having to return the original phone to get the new phone, with all the scammers today I could see they may not trust me to return the original, but after putting out $115. Dollars and waiting for the first phone and them false advertising that this was an approved phone for my area. I would think they could come up with a more viable solution. I was paying extra to keep another phone so I could port the service and that whole thing is now a loss, and their response was this is our policy no responsibility for the false advertising. Dos anyone have any ethics anymore???

John P. Borg Feb 16, 2013

Net 10 Customer Service is bad. Every month I have to go thru this hell. Today I did it on my laptop, with some confusion, but in the end I got my minutes. I wish there could be a live person answering your calls and then transferring them to the appropriate number to be resolved instead of the automotive system they have now. I can't use their automatice refill program. Did it and got deleted within 3 months from signing up. Now I just call and deal with the issues.