National Magazine Services, Inc.Fraudulent suscription renewal

I received a renewal notice for National Geographic magazine in the mail from a company called National Magazine Services, Inc. This company claimed to be an independent magazine agent, and requested $59.88 for a year subscription. They also threatened a possible $20 fee for cancellation. I have received many official renewal notices from National Geographic magazine before, and I did not recognize this company. So, I did an internet search on this name, and found several websites and forums where others exposed this company as fake.

• Ka
    Karen Curtis Cook Jul 17, 2017

They tricked me into more magazines. I was already receiving magazine thru another provider, they call me telling me they need my credit card number so they can lock in my new rate. I am paying for something that I didn't sign up for. I don't want to cancel my debit card because I have my children's life insurance policy coming out of the same account. I'm stuck.

• St
    Steven Yates Mar 10, 2016

I have called a few times to try to stop all subscriptions and I keep being told that I cannot stop these orders. The magazines were ordered by accident !! I am on a fixed income and I cannot afford to keep paying ! I would like to stop all subscriptions ! Please help me stop these subscriptions !! Thank you Steven Yates

Analyse Feb 02, 2016

Husband ordered magazines from them and then tried to cancel. They threatened legal action and took $414 from our checking. Then they called him back and told him they wanted the other 1/2. WTF

• Ge
    Gene5 Mar 04, 2015

This same exact thing just happened to me. Received the same kind of notice, for Nat. Geographic, payment of $59.95 due April 6, 2015. Thought it was bogus since I subscribed directly with N. G. directly online. Checked National Geographic site and found that subscriptions (as I thought) were automatically renewed PLUS mine was not due until Jan, 2016. This company is a ripoff!

• Ev
    Evelyn Tkacik Oct 30, 2008

I sent check #1603 in the amount of $29.90 on 5/10/08 for renewal of Games Magazine. Check was cashed on 5/14/08. As of 10/30/08 no magazines have been received.