Complaints & Reviews

Money back

i just want to know how i can get my money back from them. Please let me know either by email [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected] Tracy Butler. Thank you. they told me i got entered into sweepstakes that i had this chance to subscribe to these magazines for 39.00 for 2 yrs. never seen them they just got my money.

anthony Nov 04, 2008

they charged more than they were sopposed to and i found out that its all a scam . please help

joss Apr 15, 2009

hi, this is Josefina and i just got a letter saying that they are going to send me to collection, and i never receive no letters or phone calls yes i did try to get magazines and paid the first month and they toll me they were going to send me a letter saying what was my plan and they toll me that i was entering for sweepstakes and never receive anything till now. what can i do.

• Ih
    iheartjustinbieber Feb 01, 2010

they tricked me into signing up for a subscription of 79.73 a month (in dollars).

• Ih
    iheartjustinbieber Feb 01, 2010

same thing please email me the answer at [email protected] i just got the letter and such and it sayds i have a subscription of $79.73 a month for 4 YEARS!!!

Mae123 Jan 07, 2011

I am also dealing with this company. I got scammed into paying for magazines for two years, and have been making payments for several months. The have an active credit card for me and they turned me into a claim agency to collect the rest of the money, almost 400 dollars. I was never notified of any missed payments becuase I was unaware that THEY stopped taking payments out of the credit card on file. The claim agency says I cannot contact the company and must pay the 400 dollars immediately. Help, is there any way around this?

Please email me at [email protected]

Magazine Subscription Scam

Hello. My name is Valerie Edinger and I am writing in a formal complaint about a company called Omnipresent Inc. I have searched them online through the Better Business Bureau and I wish I did this before anything happened with them so I would know what Im dealing with.

A year ago (or so) I got a phone call on my cell phone from this magazine company called Omni Present Inc. I worked over night I believe at that point and they called me early on a Sunday morning on the cell phone so I was less than pleased about that. In my delirium (I was half asleep) they mentioned something about magazines. At that point I was a radio DJ (still am) for a radio station in NJ so i figured I could use some of these entertainment magazines for my show. So at first i agreed to pay for these magazines that I wouldnt even normally agree to if i was coherent. I shouldve hung up the phone because what happend since then was nothing less than a scam.

I would get these magazines not all that often either, and I had to pay out the nose for it. Whats worse is i had to pay out the nose to make it stop! The last purchase to make it stop was on one of my credit cards for $300 dollars, it showed up as magazines I believe. I thought that was the end of it. This week (December 4th 2008) I get a phone call from someone named "Anthony" at this phone number: [protected] I tried to search it online and had no luck. He did however tell me (when he called me earlier this week) that Omnipresent Inc. was bought out by his company that he works for right now called National ...?! (i know thats not the full name of the company i dont remember his phone was cutting in and out). Anyway i then told him that i didnt know what he was talking about when he said "oh we are calling to see how you like your magazines"...i then told him my membership with his company expired and he said that i am on a 5 year subscription contract with them and eventhough i cancelled it by paying the 300 dollars he told me that was only for the first half of the subscription! At this point i was spitting fire i was so mad and i then asked to speak with his supervisor to straighten it out, he then told me that he is only available and when i said i wanted the number for customer service he then told me that he would call me back later on in the evening instead. He called me back around 6:30pm and i didnt answer because i went on the BBB and found out it is a fraud scam. I just dont want any collection letters or anything affecting my credit from this situation...i dont know what to do because he said that i will be receiving a package from them this monday...which is tomorrow...i am so stressed and upset over this i just want it to go away but i refuse to pay anything since i took care of this already. Plus i went onto the magazine websites themselves and most of them already say that my subscriptions are expired and others dont even have me as a subscriber so what is going on here?! I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!

money

A guy called me telling me about a $50, 000 sweepstake I was entered into. He was very kind and respectful so...

58 comments Bowling Green Scam Contests

False Information/Lack of Information

I originally signed up for a magazine subscription offered to me by International Magazine Co. over the phone. One of the only questions I asked was "Can I cancel at any time?". The response to my question was vague; along the lines of "We don't encourage our subscribers to cancel." About a week after signing up for the subscriptions, I was informed that I was going to be studying abroad, so I called to cancel, to little avail.
The woman who took my call, was snide and condescending to my situation; "Didn't you initially know you were going to be leaving the country for 6-8 months?!". In the end, after much frustration, and having her inform me that I was obligated to pay for the 7 year subscription (an obnoxious sum of close to $800), I agreed to pay the "lowest cancellation fee" available (approx $180) for magazines I may never get because their system appears fraudulent. This happened almost 8 weeks ago and I have yet to receive any magazines promised to me for the year. To say the least, I will never accept any over-the-phone offers ever again and am disappointed in the dishonesty and obscurity presented by International Magazine Company.

• Ex
    expellingpoison Dec 26, 2008

I too was victimized by these folks just a few weeks ago, never got any magazines so I just called my bank after no one at the company answered when I tried to cancel my subscription. I changed my credit card and my bank is filing a dispute as to whether I need to pay for what I never got. They only got me for 53.16 so far. I hope they don't try anything else...they do not know who they are messing with...

Possible Fraud

Magazine company offered me a free deal of magazines but charged anyways, I attempted to change my magazines and inquire about the charges but the phone number provided to me by them was not in service and the phone number under the bank statements was also fake([protected]). I received letters warning of debt collectors and later received phone calls from a debt collection company called Luebke Baker & Associates telling me I owed them roughly $800 but offered to settle for $200. There are also various consumer complaints about the legitimacy of this company as well.

• Am
    Amanda Ebert Nov 16, 2008

they just called me and told me i won a diamond watch and a bunch of free magazines and id just have to pay like $4 dollars a week and wanted my credit card number and i told them i didnt feel comfortable giving it over the phone and he kept trying to convince me it was ok and saying "now tell me your card number". the phone number didnt even show up with an area code.

• Sc
    SCREU Mar 21, 2009

this company is a scam and a half. someone need to find out where there real address is so i can take them to court

This is the biggest ripoff and very difficult to track down who is doing it

National Magazine Service has renewed subscriptions to 2 magazines without any notice or authorization from...

No magazines received

On February 20, 2007, a check was sent to International Magazine Service in the amount of $59.98 for a two year extension to our Playboy Magazine and a free one year subscription to Penthouse Magazine. The account number is ZNT0000502670-3 in the name of Rosemary Fischbach, 3108 W 99th St, Cleveland, OH 44102. To date, we have not received the Penthouse Magazine, nor has the extension of the Playboy term being shown on our mailing label. Can someone you help?

Rosemary Fischbach

• J
    j Nov 06, 2007

I got the same call I didn't give them my # though. Check this out, hope it helps.

/URL removed/

• Br
    brenda shelton Nov 14, 2018

09-09-16 1076453859 scam said I won $1.800.000.00 is this a scam want me to send $19.95. is this a scam.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices