Complaints & Reviews

National Magazine Companysweepstakes "strike it rich"!

Got this notice, blah blah, you can win this amount for life, blah blah blah. Never hesrd of these people. I called the number listed to "register" my sweepstakes number, and asked how they got my information, just repeated We are National Magazine Exchange, we sent this notice as a courtesy. Then "Clark" persedes to ask personal information about"which of my credit cards" gave me the best service. Quickly hung up. The number on line has been disconnected. There is a website, I didn't bother to contact
Please can't some federal agency get on these scammers and put them away. This tobocsll/ mail fraud needs to be stopped.
Throw away this mailer from national magazine exchange, strike it rich sweepstakes. Its a scam.

magazine subscription

I've been trick way back September 20, 2017 by a agent through the phone, as I was cancelling it they told me that I can not and I have to finish the subscription I was being charge for $49.90 every month since then, when they called me I said no for renewing my subscription but yet they've been renewing my subscription! I never read any of the magazines I even move to a different state already too, and asked them to send those magazines to someone else or donate them as I never used them and it was just piling up on my parents house back home, I've called them several times and told them to cancel my subscription but they won't they always say they'll put me on a non renewal subscription list I've already paid $1, 147.70 total until today 9/20/2019, I am a single mom and trying to survive and I can't continue with this payments anymore. Please help me as I already been begging for them to take me off on this subscription, their acct name appears as MAGAZINE SVC OR NATIONAL MAGAZINE SERVIC ON MY CARD I'll attached pictures of their charges. I'm getting renewal of subscription everytime without my permision

National Magazine Company — fraud/ disconnected phone #

I've already sent a payment of $22.33 to this company not thinking that the address was a post office box instead of a real address. my next alleged payment is due April 5...

National Magazine Services Tv Guide — Not getting magazine

I have been receiving TV guide and on the label it says that my subscription is good through March 3, 2014. The magazine stopped coming two weeks ago. I would like to know why the magazine stopped coming.

International Magazine Company Incfraud

failure to send magazines i subscribed to yet fully willing to take 400 dollars and promise oh they will get there.

National Magazine Services — Over-billing, over-pricing, SCAM!

This company keeps sending me "Renewal or New Order" invoices - with prices double that of direct subscription renewal via the magazine's publisher. For example, Just Cro...

International Magazine CompanyCan not cancel the account

In october 2010 a random number withan 866 area code called me. when i answered a friendly man asked if i wanted to be entered into a $1, 000, 000 drawing. I agreed and he said i can recieve a free diamond watch if i subscribe for a couple magazines. that didnt seem like such a bad deal so being the young college student that i am, i went through with it. Three months later i recieve a call from a collection company saying i owe $1336.62. The company charge me with late fees i didnt even know i was responsible for. I tryed to cancel the account and they said i had a finance agreement. I had absolutely no clue i was being charged for 30 payments of $39 when i just wanted a couple magazines. now im stuck having to pay almost $200 for five months. I dont even have $200 for grocerys this month noless $200 to pay for magazines i dont want or need. I cant get any help with this and i must pay $1000 i don t have. If you recieve a phone call from the International Magazine Company, just HANG UP. Dont let them have your debit/credit card number or they will rip you off. You wont wont beable cancel your account.

National Magazine Services, Inc. / Cat Fancy — Fraud Renewal Notice

256944 I recieved a notice in the mail to renew my subscription to CAT FANCY. I didn't want to renew this, so I tried to search for a website to deny the renewal. When the searche...

National Magazine Services — fraudulant magazine renewals

I have paid on two renewals for magazines that my wife does subscribe to to equal $61.95. I contacted the magazine companies and they did not receive the amount that I paid...

National Magazine Services — charging credit card for magazines unknown to me

my name is Laura Pettit. I have been charged for magazines on my Metrostyle credit card that I neither ordered nor do I know if I received them. I called the number on my credit...

International Magazine Company — Keep Calling

This company keeps calling my phone. Its began amusing but now its just plain annoying, Everyday I get a call and when I answer I hear a bunch of people talking and no answer...

International Magazine Company — Credit Card Fraud

Late November 2009, I received a phone call regarding a too good to be true Million Dollar Sweepstakes. The representative tells me that it's completely free with no string...

National Magazine Services — magazine selling & collection practices

National Magazine Services had a collection Agency calling me about oweing money for magazines that i never purchased or had a contract for. From what i think i know, After my...

National Magazine Services, Inc. — Fraudulent suscription renewal

I received a renewal notice for National Geographic magazine in the mail from a company called National Magazine Services, Inc. This company claimed to be an independent magazine...

National Magazine Services Inc. — failure to deliver

After I sent my check, which was cashed, I waited the 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. After week 14 I called the phone number on the renewal slip and was told that the magazine would...

National Magazine Services IncFake suscription renewal

We received a fictitious mailing from "National Magazine Services, Inc." asking me to renew my magazine subscription for 2 years. We took at first glance as a legitimate renewal invoice as our subscription but in reality is a fake subscription as we can see now.

Here's the fraudulent company information.

National Magazine Services, Inc.
PO Box 98
Elmsford, NY 10523
[protected]

• De
    Debby Sherman Nov 03, 2008

sent check to renew subscription for CBS Soaps; started receiving a different magazine. Called that company and cancelled that subscription. Now can't find any info re: the company supposed to renew my original choice of magazine.

• Lo
    Lori Birney Jun 03, 2009

National Magazine Services Inc is soliciting subscriptions to Baltimore magazine. They are NOT an authorized subscription agent for Baltimore magazine and we will not accept any orders that this company attempts to submit to our fulfillment center.

International Magazine CompanyI can't cancel my account

In June a random number called me from an 866 area code so I answered it. After a man talked to me about being an associate of Visa/Mastercard/Discover card he said that I was entered in a drawing and asked if I was interested in getting some magazines for free. So I was like sure I'll hear what you have to say. So he said his supervisor would call me with more details. Sure enough he called me explaining the deal saying I would actually have to pay for the magazines: $4.16 a week, $53.16 a year. So i said...sure I'll pay for the 18 months that we agreed to and he gave me a "college student discount" so I didnt have to pay the full amount. So not thinking or talking it over with family I gave them my card number and information. But I figured if they knew where i lived and most of my card number already and WERE affiliates of Visa then I shouldn't worry. So...After I noticed a charge for $53.16 on my account within hours I cancelled my card and sent in a complaint to my credit card company to reverse the charges since that wasn't what I agreed to. Now just today IMC calls me and says that I owe them money or else they will send the collection agency and I have to pay $956.88!!! I explained to the man I no longer want the magazines, they charged me for more than I agreed to, and I want the charges taken off my card. He said that's now allowed even though one of his "managers" told me I could cancel at any time. So a warning to all DON'T GIVE IN. You can't cancel, they take your money, and send you nothing. What a headache.

Send me a message if you've gotten anything for the "collecion agency"

Jack22 Dec 04, 2009

Same thing to the letter. I accepted the terms of the offer, then realized I didn't really have the money. I recieved their paperwork in the mail today and tried to call to cancel. They talked me down to a shorter service by lying and saying the account was not subject to cancellation. Then I got on google and looked up the ftc and international magazine.
    I called them back. I was firm. I didn't take no for an answer. I pointed out all the lies each person had told me, from the initial call back from the supervisor to the customer service reps today.
    Lie number 1: The supervisor said, " We hope you don't cancel". This implies that you can cancel." Where I was told repeatedly that I could not when speaking with them today.

Number 2: When I called back after dropping my agreement to 1 year service I was told by a manager that I could not cancel now because I had changed to a 1 year agreement whereas I could have when I was on a 4 year agreement. The lady who changed me from one agreement to the other said I could not cancel even under the 4 year plan.

There were many other small lies I kept trapping them in but they kept reading their scripts and I kept catching them.
    I also mentioned that their sales tactics were unlawful according to the FTC. This made more than one of the 4 people I talked to today pause. They start their spiel with offers of free stuff then eventually get around to the pitch. According to my research online, they must pitch you before offering gifts. I found this on FTC.gov.

Anyway, I let them keep the initial 40 dollars they took as a cancellation fee(I'm such a nice guy), but they cancelled my account. I was on the phone an hour arguing with one guy, then 15 minutes with a woman, on hold for 15 minutes when a manager came on and said, we've decided to cancel you! LOL!

I feel absolutely stupid for ever talking with a telemarketer, now I'll go change my debit card.

• Ta
    takethat Feb 12, 2010

I fell for it to I had the same situation as most of you. I emailed the USPS and they told me to take the magazines to the local post office. They can put a stamp on there rejected. Then they can spend the money to have them all sent back. Lets all do that, that will cost them and they should get the hint. LOL!!

• De
    debomit Oct 13, 2010

The exact same thing happend to me. I went through the same situation and called back to cancel. After dealing with an incredibly rude person (it sounded like the same person every time they called), I let them keep the intial payment and called my credit card company to stop any future payments. I thought this was all over but nearly a year after this all happened, I got a letter from a collection agency (it still sounded like the same guy) stating they will take me to court in Great Falls, Montana, over this if I do not pay $877.03. I never received one thing from this company. This is a ridiculous scam.

• Ug
    ugghhh!!! Oct 13, 2010

I just got a call this morning claiming that my account was in collections now and negatively affecting my credit.same thing happened to me, i couldnt cancel my account though i had tried. I kept getting wrong numbers or messages saying that my call could not be accepted!!!

International Magazine Company — Not receiving what was ordered

I ordered PC Magazine, Wired Magazine, Maxim, Car & Driver, and Mens Fitness on January 8, 2009. I was told to allow 90 days for the magazines to arrive. It has been more than 90...

International Magazine CompanyUnauthorized billing

We received a phone call from a lady who said that we owed money to her company. As she went on to describe what was going on I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. I than talked to my boyfriend and he told me that he had talked to her over two years ag and the company had offered him a magazine subscription service. When he realized how much it would cost he called and said he had changed his mind. We never heard another thing from them until Feb of this year. All of a sudden she was calling and saying we owed them over 800.00 dollars. I informed her that I needed to ask my boyfriend before I paid the bill. I talked it over with him and he even tried to talk to her but she told me he kept hanging up on her and that he was plain old rude to her. I talked to her some more and than we agreed to pay the past due balance of two payments of 81.90. She told me we would be receiving our magazines right away. After we did not receive any magazines I called back and talked to some man who told me I was a liar and that I just did not want to pay my bill. So I went to our bank and they reversed the charges. Now I am getting angry phone calls from this woman, she supposedly has no supervisor to talk to and I am again a liar. We are still refusing to pay the company and they keep calling offering us great dvd deals. She is threatening to send us to collections and have lawyers come after us if we do not pay.

• 00
    0_0~mega Apr 19, 2009

I am in the same situation. I am a college student, and months ago this so-called company called me and was able to say my name and know my address. They really creeped me out and somehow got me into this whole "good deal subscription scam." They actually charged me once and so I immediately called my bank to cancel my account. Then they've been trying to call me, but after I answered them once and hung up on them I just ignored all unfamiliar phone numbers from then on--which I must say completely annoyed my friends/relatives who has been trying to reach me! Then they kept sending me letters but I just toss them aside. Now they sent me a "FINAL COLLECTION NOTICE" saying I owe them $877 and how I have "refused...and rejected [their] attempts to resolve this matter at a reduced price." Are they really able to take this to legal matters if we do not pay?! They are the scammers here! I am really tempted to send them a letter to tell them off since apparently talking to them on the phone does not seem to help.

• Ar
    Armyof Me89 Jul 04, 2009

They did the same exact thing to me. OMG! They took $378 from my deit card. I called them and they said I was paid in full and then they called me back a month later saying i owe them $1000+!! WTF? I cancelled my deit card and now they arecalling asking meto get a visa gift card or something tomake payments. I have all FIVE of their dif numbers saved to my phone so I kno when they are calling me. Yea, it really doesnt sound right. AND if they WERE able to intervene legally, they wouldve done so with me already considering that I've supposedly owed them $1000 for almost a year now and they still call me once every couple months to ask for money. I'm going to get in touch with Better Business Bureau to see if they're even a company and if not, then the BBB will transfer the complaint to the FBI.

• Sh
    sherrymaesugarmomma Oct 08, 2009

You should post their 5 #'s u have cuz they won't answer my calls and the original number on the paperwork is disconnected...Thanks sherrry

• Ba
    bagrey Dec 20, 2010

I also owe them $877. Not sure why. I remember 1 year+ ago I talked to a lady about a) a diamond watch (that I never received), b) a million dollar sweepstakes (in which I was a finalist), and c) magazine subscriptions to six magazines at an amazing price (which I'm positive I did not actually go through with their transaction). I received a call today from "Andre Mitchell, " who if I had to judge by his voice, is built like a large black doorman at a club that you don't eff with. He introduced himself "with information that could affect your credit directly, " and that he first wants to contact me before my credit was ruined. He said my outstanding balance has been accumulating since November 2009, with $70-something dollars due per month for how many months. He said "I'm with the International Magazine Company, I'm sure you are familiar with them." I said I wasn't. He said I subscribed to these magazines and has proof of delivery. I asked "delivery to which address?" He said "Now I have that information, but I am not going to share it with you because with it, you can tell me anything." In a tone that meant I can play defense the entire time if I knew what he knew. I asked for more information, he declined me for similar reasons. I told him I'm going to refuse to pay that amount, with the basis that he couldn't even tell me where the magazines were delivered to.. He said "Alright, I'm just going to put this down as a refusal to pay and you'll owe more later." And right as I was about to ask for a contact number should I want to settle this on my own terms, he hung up. I feel like there is nothing they can legally do towards me if they refuse to release information like that. Should it have been a real company calling for real reasons, I know that there are things that must be disclosed before any payments are made or people are sued.

Cheryl Moreno Feb 06, 2016

I received a phone call for magazines back in 2011, requested a specific one, which they said they they would include. Never got that magazine, was bombarded by random magazines not agreed to, and discovered that they were taking out monthly payments twice each month, so blocked those. I've received phone calls from all over the states demanding payment, and now a mediator, who says pay $350 or I will be sued. I never got anything in writing, no statements, nothing, just harassing calls.The mediator did finally give me the name of the company, and says now it's going into the process of my being sued. They are the ones in breech of contract! Plus, shouldn't there be some sort of written documentation?

International Magazine Co.SCAM

This company is a ###ing scam! I now have a lot of information about the company and the way everything works. I have talked to my lawyer and I think we might be contacting them soon.

International Magazine Company Inc.Money back

i just want to know how i can get my money back from them. Please let me know either by email [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected] Tracy Butler. Thank you. they told me i got entered into sweepstakes that i had this chance to subscribe to these magazines for 39.00 for 2 yrs. never seen them they just got my money.

anthony Nov 04, 2008

they charged more than they were sopposed to and i found out that its all a scam . please help

joss Apr 15, 2009

hi, this is Josefina and i just got a letter saying that they are going to send me to collection, and i never receive no letters or phone calls yes i did try to get magazines and paid the first month and they toll me they were going to send me a letter saying what was my plan and they toll me that i was entering for sweepstakes and never receive anything till now. what can i do.

• Ih
    iheartjustinbieber Feb 01, 2010

they tricked me into signing up for a subscription of 79.73 a month (in dollars).

• Ih
    iheartjustinbieber Feb 01, 2010

same thing please email me the answer at [email protected] i just got the letter and such and it sayds i have a subscription of $79.73 a month for 4 YEARS!!!

Mae123 Jan 07, 2011

I am also dealing with this company. I got scammed into paying for magazines for two years, and have been making payments for several months. The have an active credit card for me and they turned me into a claim agency to collect the rest of the money, almost 400 dollars. I was never notified of any missed payments becuase I was unaware that THEY stopped taking payments out of the credit card on file. The claim agency says I cannot contact the company and must pay the 400 dollars immediately. Help, is there any way around this?

Please email me at [email protected]

Omnipresent, Inc Aka International MagazinesMagazine Subscription Scam

Hello. My name is Valerie Edinger and I am writing in a formal complaint about a company called Omnipresent Inc. I have searched them online through the Better Business Bureau and I wish I did this before anything happened with them so I would know what Im dealing with.

A year ago (or so) I got a phone call on my cell phone from this magazine company called Omni Present Inc. I worked over night I believe at that point and they called me early on a Sunday morning on the cell phone so I was less than pleased about that. In my delirium (I was half asleep) they mentioned something about magazines. At that point I was a radio DJ (still am) for a radio station in NJ so i figured I could use some of these entertainment magazines for my show. So at first i agreed to pay for these magazines that I wouldnt even normally agree to if i was coherent. I shouldve hung up the phone because what happend since then was nothing less than a scam.

I would get these magazines not all that often either, and I had to pay out the nose for it. Whats worse is i had to pay out the nose to make it stop! The last purchase to make it stop was on one of my credit cards for $300 dollars, it showed up as magazines I believe. I thought that was the end of it. This week (December 4th 2008) I get a phone call from someone named "Anthony" at this phone number: [protected] I tried to search it online and had no luck. He did however tell me (when he called me earlier this week) that Omnipresent Inc. was bought out by his company that he works for right now called National ...?! (i know thats not the full name of the company i dont remember his phone was cutting in and out). Anyway i then told him that i didnt know what he was talking about when he said "oh we are calling to see how you like your magazines"...i then told him my membership with his company expired and he said that i am on a 5 year subscription contract with them and eventhough i cancelled it by paying the 300 dollars he told me that was only for the first half of the subscription! At this point i was spitting fire i was so mad and i then asked to speak with his supervisor to straighten it out, he then told me that he is only available and when i said i wanted the number for customer service he then told me that he would call me back later on in the evening instead. He called me back around 6:30pm and i didnt answer because i went on the BBB and found out it is a fraud scam. I just dont want any collection letters or anything affecting my credit from this situation...i dont know what to do because he said that i will be receiving a package from them this monday...which is tomorrow...i am so stressed and upset over this i just want it to go away but i refuse to pay anything since i took care of this already. Plus i went onto the magazine websites themselves and most of them already say that my subscriptions are expired and others dont even have me as a subscriber so what is going on here?! I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!

International Magazine Company — money

A guy called me telling me about a $50, 000 sweepstake I was entered into. He was very kind and respectful so when he asked me to put in a good word for him when his supervisor...

International Magazine Co — False Information/Lack of Information

I originally signed up for a magazine subscription offered to me by International Magazine Co. over the phone. One of the only questions I asked was "Can I cancel at any time?"...

International Magazine CompanyPossible Fraud

Magazine company offered me a free deal of magazines but charged anyways, I attempted to change my magazines and inquire about the charges but the phone number provided to me by them was not in service and the phone number under the bank statements was also fake([protected]). I received letters warning of debt collectors and later received phone calls from a debt collection company called Luebke Baker & Associates telling me I owed them roughly $800 but offered to settle for $200. There are also various consumer complaints about the legitimacy of this company as well.

• Am
    Amanda Ebert Nov 16, 2008

they just called me and told me i won a diamond watch and a bunch of free magazines and id just have to pay like $4 dollars a week and wanted my credit card number and i told them i didnt feel comfortable giving it over the phone and he kept trying to convince me it was ok and saying "now tell me your card number". the phone number didnt even show up with an area code.

• Sc
    SCREU Mar 21, 2009

this company is a scam and a half. someone need to find out where there real address is so i can take them to court

National Magazine Service — This is the biggest ripoff and very difficult to track down who is doing it

National Magazine Service has renewed subscriptions to 2 magazines without any notice or authorization from me, and charged my credit card. A couple of years ago, I got a few free...

International Magazine Service - Great Falls, MTNo magazines received

On February 20, 2007, a check was sent to International Magazine Service in the amount of $59.98 for a two year extension to our Playboy Magazine and a free one year subscription to Penthouse Magazine. The account number is ZNT0000502670-3 in the name of Rosemary Fischbach, 3108 W 99th St, Cleveland, OH 44102. To date, we have not received the Penthouse Magazine, nor has the extension of the Playboy term being shown on our mailing label. Can someone you help?

Rosemary Fischbach

• J
    j Nov 06, 2007

I got the same call I didn't give them my # though. Check this out, hope it helps.

/URL removed/

• Br
    brenda shelton Nov 14, 2018

09-09-16 1076453859 scam said I won $1.800.000.00 is this a scam want me to send $19.95. is this a scam.