Menu

National Floors Direct  -  Scam, fraud, con artist

M
Author of the complaint
4:41 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

What a horrible company with terrible customer service! I spoke with people named Kim and Alexia. They both were very rude and treated me, their customer, so badly. Alexia would not stop talking and when I tried to talk, she interrupted me so many times. She raised her voice to the point she almost yelled and screamed on the other line. Yesterday and today, I went through so much emotional turmoil and stress with this company. Both Kim and Alexia stressed me out so much and they didn't even try to listen. On 4/27/22, a salesperson, Mike came over to my house. After the measurement, he gave me the estimated cost. Of course, it was way too high. I said, I am not going to do the floor with that price. He said, "Wait, wait, wait. Watch what I can do for you" and he called "Regional Manager" three different times to bring down the price. I told Mike that my daughter is getting married in June and I need to get her room ready before that. He said that since I am in a "rush", if I waive the 3-day cancellation, he guarantees that we'll get the new flooring done within a week, I told him that I am only here on Wednesday and Thursday, so I preferred the installation on 5/4/22. He said he will have to check with his manager to see if the five-day window will work or not. So, he called the Regional Manager to check and verify about the materials we need. The Manager approved because the particular product that I want is in stock and there shouldn't be any problem with installing on the 4th.

Well, just two days before the installation date, I received a phone call from Kim. She said that the flooring material that I wanted failed an inspection. Kim gave me the next installation date, which was June 7, 2022. I told Kim that there is no way. My daughter is getting married, and I will have to get her room ready before that. I also told her that the only reason I signed the contract was because Mike promised installation by 5/4, not 6/7 or 7/3! Kim told me that I signed the contract, and they are bound by the contract. I tried to explain that she is moving in with her husband and her furniture. There is no way for me to hire movers to move her stuff to storage, and after the floor installation, I will have to hire movers again to move everything from storage to her room, which is the 3rd floor attic. Her room is about 850sq with a walk-in closet. Kim said there is nothing she can do. I signed the contract, and on that contract, the completion date was written as 7/3/22.

I said, "What?" Mike was very nice salesperson, but he tricked me to sign the form without any thorough explanation. There was no print-out contract/agreement that I could read before I sign. He only brought a small tablet and he wanted me to "tap to sign" - literally he pointed me to tap here and tap there and that's exactly what I did as I was told. Mike never given me an opportunity to review the contract. I just did what he asked me to do. While I tapped the table screen, he said he will email me a copy for me to review. If Mike mentioned anything about possibility of getting delayed beyond 5/4 or 5/9, I would not have gone with this company because I just could not take any chances due to my daughter's wedding.

Our friends and family members from other States will visit us to attend the wedding starting the last week of May. We are already stressed out with wedding plans and arrangements, but this company is expecting us to act normal and be normal?

Last night, I was curious if there is any complaint against this company or not. I was shocked! The National Floors Direct used the same tactic "your product failed an inspection..." and took people's deposit and trapped them.

Today, 5/4/22, Alexia called, and she and I spoke about an hour. She was even worse than Kim. She kept refer back to the signed contract. She said that she is legally bound by the contract, and she cannot issue me a refund. I told her about her company's false advertisement. They advertise that the majority floors can be installed next day, which is false advertisement. Also, enticing customers to sign the waiver by guaranteeing installation within a week is another huge false advertisement. Mike is her employee so either she needs to provide better training to her employees or train salespersons to tell customers the truth!

Again, if Mike mentioned anything about possibility of getting delayed to June or July, I would never sign that form! This proves their clear intention to hide truth from customers and trap/force customers to install their products.

Alexia raised her voice and interrupted me so many times to a point that I just want to cry. She yelled at me and said, "It is your responsibility to review the contract before you sign!" I paused little bit to breathe. I said, "Mike had a small tablet. He literally pointed lines and told me to tap. He never asked me if I want to review." At this time, Alexia was screaming on the other line and did not let me finish. She said, "You signed the contract, and it is your responsibility to review, not the sales rep."

They refused to return my deposit back. She threatened me that the installation date is now 6/7/22 and if I do not let them do the work then my deposit will be forfeited and I will have to pay 30% of restocking fee, contract fee, and other fees.

She was extremely rude. The worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life! I called my bank right away. I found out that this company cashed my check on 4/28, a day after Mike, the sales rep came to visit our house. They supposed to hold the deposit, but they were in hurry to deposit down payments before customers change their minds.

Oh, and one more thing. Alexia said that if I do not have the remaining balance of $6,000 either cash or bank check before the installers install the floors. If I do not pay them first, they will not start. I said, "How can I trust you or them that they will produce a good work when they receive the payment first?" Usually, we pay the balance AFTER work is done."She yelled again,"That's it. I am done talking to you. We are not getting anywhere. I am going to send you a copy of your contract. You need to review it and make sure you understand. After you are done with reviewing your contract, you can call me." Then she hung up.

Terrible!

It is not right for them to call me just two days before the installation day to tell me something went wrong with materials and that the products failed an inspection.

Mike made me to sign the waiver since we were in rush, and now, the customer service managers dropped bombshells that the installation cannot be done by 6/7, but I have a feeling that it is not going to happen on 6/7.

I have never expected anything like this would happen. Please refund my deposit.

More National Floors Direct complaints & reviews

National Floors Direct - terrible service
National Floors Direct - scam artists!
National Floors Direct - watch out bait & switch!!!
National Floors Direct - terrible company