Complaints & Reviews

customer service/installation

12-14 business days for a refund has turned into over 31 days and still waiting for the refund. This has got to be the worst company that we have dealt with. They are unprofessional, they lie and they are rude. We believe that we are being "jerked-around" with because they know that we filed a complaint with BBB and Comsumer of Public Affairs of MA.

consumer complaint

We had wall to wall carpet installed on 8/08. After 5 return visits for ongoing problems, it was discovered the new carpet was installed over the old padding.The company never apologized and finally came out to correct the improper installion. We were promised a $150.00 refund. Mary from the consumer service dept finally refused us the refund and would not honor their promise to us. Everyone we dealt with over the course of 3 months conveniently were "no longer with the company". It was very difficult to follow up and our calls were never returned. This company does not respect their customers or treat them well. We spend over 3000.oo dollars and were treated extremely poorly. I would never do business with them again and wish we had been warned about them.

• Da
    Danvers Aug 05, 2013

I generally used Empire but someone mentioned National Floors Direct so I figured I would give it a try. The salesman came out on a Monday and I was told I would have a Saturday delivery. I got a call on Friday at 4:30 saying that they got the wrong carpet from the vendor and they would not be able to come back out for two weeks - TWO WEEKS! Needless to say I paid in full with a check and now I have to wait 48 hours to get a call back regarding the cancellation and it takes 10-14 days to get refunded ABSURD! I would not even consider using these folks again...

scam artists!

It's been almost two months since my original installation date. The first time the installers showed up, the carpet was cut incorrectly. The second time, they had a 12 ft roll instead of a 15 ft. The supervisior, Ron, said that the carpet we ordered didnt' come in 15ft but that it would be fine and you wouldn't see any seams. The third visit, we had the 12 ft carpet installed but the seams were visible from down the hall. Eventually, after more than 6 missed appointments and 6 weeks later, we had to select a different carpet because they told us the carpet we wanted wasn't available. We were told, by Ron, we couldn't get our money back because we had already had carpet installed. The only options were less expensive carpet, so Mary Sumner of the Avon office told us we would be compensated $300 for the loss of time and the cheaper carpet. So we agreed and picked something else to be installed. Again, a few more missed appointments and the less expensive carpet was installed. But, we were never credited. Once again, placing multiple phone calls before we got an answer, we were told that we aren't getting any money back because we agreed to take the cheaper carpet. Mary said that if we hadn't accepted, we could have just gotten all of our money back.
So, 2 months after we ordered our "next day" carpet, we missed more than 6 days of work waiting for salespeople and installers, were over-charged on the original installation date, still don't have something we're happy with, and National Floors doesn't even return our calls anymore!

• Bi
    Billnpatscott Jun 11, 2013

We picked out carpet for our house and the salesman told us it would be the same grade carpet we already had in our home. The day of installation, I went to see the carpet in the truck and it appeared to be "paper thin!" I refused the order! Spoke with the office and they told me that after it is vacuumed it would be plusher! Does carpet grow? After some negotiation they offered us a better grade at the same price. That sounded good! They refused to refund our money because we "paid in full" and they kept referring to it as a "deposit"! After the promise of better quality carpet...the day of installation, the truck arrived with the very same carpet they had brought the first time! We wanted tone done with NFD so we said "put it in"! Should have held out...but I promised to bad mouth this company in every way possible! $2, 000.00 down the drain, because we will have to buy new carpet within the next few years! This company sucks big time! Research first! Look for complaints! The commercials are a lie! I don't think the USA would make cheap quality carpet such as what we got! NFD is only a six person company...don't be fooled by what you see on TV! I have no shame in my game...proudly...Patricia J. Scott

horrible service

I have never dealt with a company so pathetic as National Floors Direct. I could go on and on about my experiences with them, but here is the skinny:

First, they would not beat their competitor's price as advertised by 15%. In fact they were over a $100 more.

Since they promised next day installation, we decided to just pay the extra $100+ and get the project done.

That was until the next day came and they didn't show after waiting around all morning.

We rescheduled and had to take time off from work. They said they would be there between 10 and 3. They didn't show up till 2:55pm. Installation was done by three people who didn't speak English. Our baseboard molding was scraped pretty badly and missing a chunk in one spot.

To make maters worse, they charged us the full price even though they promised us a discounted price due to not showing up next day as promised.

After several phone calls to their unhelpful customer service, they finally promised us a credit but of course they didn't deliver that either!!

Several phone calls were made where we were told that we would get the credit in 15 days, or they would do it today, etc. I heard it all. Here we are a week later and still no credit...

I finally just had to stop payment on my credit card.

PLEASE, PLEASE... save yourself some aggrevation and just go with the LOCAL guy!!!

• Kr
    Kristin M Jul 28, 2008

What a nightmare this company is, I would never suggest this company to anyone save yourself the headache and do NOT give their time. I had scheduled for new laminate floors in my living room and new carpet in the bedrooms in June 2008 and set a date of July 23 and 24th which was plenty of time for them to schedule me. When Friday came I called several times to figure out when they were coming out and never could get a straight answer they finally showed up at 4pm and didn't finish until almost 8pm at night. The nightmare began on Saturday though I cleared out the bedrooms and the rooms were pretty much bare at this point with the exception of the furniture they had to move, it was not almost noon and still no sign or phone call from anyone. I finally called the company and they told me they had nothing scheduled for me I told them they were not coming out. I explained to them they had too come out I had my entire house torn apart. When the manager called me he said he had 6 installers call out which I knew was lie since Jeff told me that he never even had me on the list! I finally got them to come out on that Sunday, the installers came out at 1pm and then looked at the furniture and said he was not told to move anything and refused to move it. We then moved had to get it out and then they broke my lamp and left without moving any of the furniture back into the rooms. My house was a disaster by the time they left. The carpet does look okay but could have done a much better job than they did! I over 4, 000 and I am not happy at all!! I would not recommend this company to anyone save yourself from a headache these people are awful!! I now am fighting with them to get my money back for the furniture and the lamp they broke!

horrible customer service

I have never had customer service as awful as that which I've gotten from National Floors Direct. My fiance and I are first time home buyers, and made the terrible decision to go with NFL because we wanted our condo carpeted as quickly as possible, so that we could move in ASAP. The contractors were told that they could not do construction work after 6pm per condo regulations. They showed up at 5:00pm. They were rude, ignorant and complained about how much they wanted to go home. One worker was instructing the others how to install the carpet as they went. They left a mess everywhere, including all over the common areas, did not finish the ends of the carpet in several spots, and reused our old carpet padding and metal end strips in multiple places. When they left at 8:30 pm that night, there were also two large pulls in the rug. I was ready to throw them out out of my home if they didn't leave, so I didn't push these issues that night. We called National Floors the next day to express our concerns, and asked that the repairs be made to the rug. After blowing off our calls, stating" there's nothing more I can do for you, stop calling, " and those from the better buisness bureau, they agreed to schedule a date for repair. Since then, they have rescheduled three times. We have taken time out of work, spoken with every RUDE employee in the company and waited for over 2 months with no result. I have not asked them for anything BUT a finsished service which we paid for already. If they do not comply, I'm ready to contact the local news stations who do consumer reports on local buisness complaints. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

• Lm
    LMB Dec 18, 2008

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I work in customer service myself, and I would be fired if I treated people the way they've treated us! No one returns calls, they lied about everything, and even bad-mouthed other employees to us. It's been two months and we dont have the carpet we ordered and haven't received a dime in compensation like they promised. We're thinking about bringing them to small claims court. Not sure what else to do. I hope your situation has been fixed since you wrote this!

install/ customer service

We had a salesman come out Thursday night and we had an agreement in writing. We were told "next day" was booked and if Saturday would be OK. That was fine as someone needed to be home and we don't work weekends. I spent Firday night removing all but a few items from the living room in which the new carpet was to be installed. We would get a confirmation call of which we did and were told they would call in the morning to determine if they would be there between 7 a.m. and noon or noon and 6 p.m. We never received a call so at 10 a.m. I called and was told I would get a call no later than 10:30 am. Noon time rolled around and I called back. I was put on hold for nearly 30 minutes. After I hung up they called me. They said they can't come today because the van broke down (same "act of god" example given by the salesman). I cut to the chase and requested the manager. She requested Tuesday but I couldn't as no one would be home. She then put me on hold and another 10 minutes passed. Again I hung up and within a few minutes she called back and said "the call was lost during transfer". I explained I would still have the job done is someone would come today and if not I would cancell the order. She then explained "all options have been exhausted". Off to the cancellation department of which I'm told they would contact me in 3-5 business days and I should receive my deposit back. "Should receive"???
Our salesman was nice and helped us pick out our new carpet however the company's communication and customer service needs major improvement. I can't comment on the product because they never made it here.
Off to spend my money elsewhere as they didn't seem to want my business.

• Bi
    Bill G Sep 02, 2008

I wanted to add we got another quote from a local company for better material, both carpet and pad, and it came in over $300 LESS than NFD!!! So much for them beating it by 15%.

• De
    Deirdre Pocase Oct 14, 2008

Hi Bill,

I am VERY curious to know if you'd be willing to share the name of the other local vendor you ended up using. I just signed my order yesterday, but have seen several negative comments online about NFD and am inclined to cancel my order while still within the 3 day period.

I'm also curious to know if you had any trouble canceling your order or getting your money/deposit back. I hope to hear back from you soon!

terrible service and product

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never taken the time to go online and...

fraud and cheating

I placed an order with National Floors Direct for what I was told to be Furniture grade Armstrong American...

floor 3/4 done

I was upset because national floors direct left my kitchen 3/4 done and the tile was not available well here is an update august 2. Dave the installation manager Megan office and John the salesman solved my dilemma the floor will be swapped out on Monday with a floor they have in stock and the price dropped 1000, 00 dollars with a rushed installation for Monday. So I appreciate Dave's honesty Megans assist and Most importantly John's (salesman) assist. I have a very special family occassion happening next weekend which is why I started this project and I feel confident as of today Saturday that all will work out!!! I feel very optimistic that all will work out.

• Ju
    Julie Aug 21, 2008

I am happy for you that your issue was resolved but must admit I"m jealous!! They installed a bathroom floor with mismatched tile, trim, gaps in the trimwork and somehow caused the floor which come to find out is a "floating floor" to be so uneven we had to rip it oud completely. The installers were late, rude and National Floors Direct has refused to return my calls. I strongly discourage anyone from using this fraudulent company as they are misleading and the work they do (well the subcontractors they hire to do it) is substandard at best. Anyone else reading this and thinking about hiring them, find another company!!

laminate flooring

I signed a contract on July 30, 2008 for laminate kitchen floor to be installed July 31, 2008. the salesman...

terrible service

I was attempting to get my house ready to sell in a timely fashion so I thought, who better than a company...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices