Menu

National Car Rental review: Mistreatment by employees

S
Author of the complaint
12:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Case of being rudely attacked at Tampa Airport National Car facility by employee.

I am an elderly highly esteemed physician. For work I travel to various hospitals and I am a National Car "Executive Elite" member.

In March at the Tampa Airport location I noted I was overcharged more than $250 on my rental. THIS HAPPENED IN TAMPA OFTEN.

The evening manager said she was going to correct it. I was irritated, but polite.

As the manager was working on the computer a "person" standing there attacked me being verbally very abusive. She had NO uniform on, NO ID badge. I assumed it was a psychotic individual who was passing by. She kept yelling at me "who are you?" approaching me in a threatening way. She kept yelling.

The night manager and another girl in uniform (a return staff) just ignored the yelling. Finally, I asked her "can you stay out of this and not be so abusive?"

She kept yelling and acting very abusive.

I asked her "sorry, but do you work here?" Again she had NO uniform on, NO badge. She refused to answer if she worked there or not. I turned to the manager and the other employee and asked "who is this woman? Does she work here?" They did not answer.

I felt they were intimidated by her, a clearly psychotic person.

The woman kept yelling, the manager ignored it. So I told the woman, "if you work here can you go back to wherever you work, the office or car wash and let us talk?"She got more upset, screaming even more "who are you?"

Later I found out National BLOCKED my rental profile and a pop-up said call [protected]. I called, just a recorder, no answer. I called the Tampa manager Ed Tindale who said that I was rude to an EMPLOYEE because I told her to go to the carwash and that "offended her" and that is why they put me on the "do not rent list". I told him the details about what happened.

He said "I apologize for our employee's behavior, but since we overcharged you (several times, he recognized that) it seems we cannot meet your needs".

I had 8 FREE RENTAL DAYS on my profile that were EARNED BY ME. I said I want to use them. He said they will just CANCEL it.

I was overcharged, rudely attacked by apparently an EMPLOYEE WITHOUT UNIFORM OR ID BADGE WHO REFUSED TO SAY IF SHE EVEN WORKED THERE, the night manager ignored the attack, did NOT intervene, and they decided to penalize me and confiscate my 8 free days.

Update by Steven Mezo
Jun 04, 2022 12:49 pm EDT

National Car at the Tampa Airport routinely charged me a HIGHR price then on the booking.

BE CAREFUL. Review the paperwork before you leave the gate. They seem to cheat. Than they apologize. big deal.

More National Car Rental complaints & reviews