Having problems with MyHeritage?

MyHeritage Customer Service Contacts

1800 817 330 (Ireland)
1800 731 768 (Australia)
+1 800 987 9000 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 098 8125 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 995 069 (New Zealand)
+43 800 802 582 (Austria)
+32 80 026 102 (Belgium)
+45 80 820 132 (Denmark)
+31 800 240 0013 (Netherlands)
+27 800 980 785 (South Africa)
3 Ariel Sharon Street, 4th Floor
Or Yehuda
Israel - 60250

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MyHeritage Customer Service. Initial MyHeritage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MyHeritage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MyHeritage. Discuss the issues you have had with MyHeritage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

My Heritagedna service

I bought their test kit, like so many people have, but its false. I have Maltese heritage in my family and possibly Italian -- my fathers side of the family all have brown skin and brown eyes -- their great grandmother came from Malta. Also i'm pretty sure i have some English and French heritage also. To cut it short my test results said i was 2.3 % ''west Asian'', 6% eastern European, and 91.7% Irish, Scottish and Welsh -- i wasn't surprised with the Scottish part as we have lots of Scottish names on both sides of the family; i myself am Irish. So some of it is true but other than that its nonsense. In fact i have even found people on my profile from Malta, at least 4 people who i am related to, but still, no mention of Maltese DNA. I even watched a video of two twin sisters who took dna tests with various companies and they got back different results to each other on all the tests, and in fact, they said MYHeritage were the best ones of the lot, but did specify that it still isnt accurate or based on science -- unfortunately i watched this video after i bought the kit and sent it away. So its completely vague, and they're making tonnes of money by misleading people all over the world. Rubbish, give them a miss.

RESOLVED

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 07, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I regret to learn you feel this way regarding your results.

I would like to clarify that when you do a MyHeritage DNA test, we compare your DNA to our models of DNA from different ethnicities to see which ones you match.

MyHeritage Ethnicity Estimates include 42 ethnicities (see: https://bit.ly/2sCLsuK) and this number will be growing even larger because of our own Founder Populations Project that is ongoing (see: https://bit.ly/2ESUEDZ).

In some regions of the world, there is a unique set of genetic characteristics that are shared between the offspring of native populations. While different populations migrated from one region to another, research has shown that these sets of characteristics make some regions distinct from others, allowing us to establish a genetic model for some regions of the world.

The DNA may be very similar between people in neighboring countries. Where there isn't sufficient statistical difference, we keep the Ethnicity Estimate on a higher regional level. Even when there is a statistical difference between ethnicities, it is true for the population's average. Your DNA will always be slightly different than that of the average population, and may, therefore, show a small or a significant part of neighboring ethnicities.

It is also important to keep in mind that people within surrounding countries in Europe share common DNA for various reasons such as people moving around frequently and official borders and communities being occupied.

Furthermore, each person receives approximately 50% of their DNA from their mother, and 50% from their father. The percentages of DNA a person receives from their ancestors at the level of grandparents and further back (great-grandparents, etc.) are not necessarily divided evenly in each generation. At seven generations back, probably less than 1% of the DNA comes from a direct ancestor. It is possible that one great-grandparent may have passed on 3% of their DNA to their great-grandchild, while another great-grandparent may have passed on 11%.

The ethnicity estimate is best used alongside your family tree to provide as much information as possible. If your research shows that your family is descended from a certain place, that should hold more weight for you than our estimate of your ethnicity. DNA matches might help with that research because it compares your DNA to other DNA test takers and uploaders. Our match algorithms have been proven to automatically find and compare similar DNA strands along with ancestral surnames, records, and family trees to find very interesting discoveries.

If you have any questions about your research, please feel free to email me personally at [email protected] via your registered email address. I would be delighted to assist you.

Catarina MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageno response to missing dna kit

I sent back my DNA kit from UK 19th February last month in envelope provided by My Heritage paying the correct postage at the Post Office ad I have proof of posting receipt. I activated the kit online as advised.

It is now 4th March and according to the my online account the test kit has still not been received. I have sent 3 emails and submitted two support ticket and absolutely no response from My Heritage other than email saying we have received you ticket.

I then tried 6 time to call the UK number on the website and all I got was messages saying the number is out if use! Unbelievable that an organisation can treat its customers with utter contempt.

I want a full refund of the cost of the kit if someone does not respond to me with in the next 2 hours.

Michael Markey- [protected]

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Mar 06, 2019

Dear Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have checked your account and see that your DNA samples have not checked in at the lab yet. When using regular mail for the return shipping of the DNA samples to the lab, most DNA samples arrive within 3 weeks. But there are cases where it takes more than a month for the lab to receive the DNA samples.

Therefore we recommend you to wait and we are confident that you will see an update in the status in the Web Site. When the samples check in at the lab in Houston, we'll send you an email too.

In case there is no update, please contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to send you a free replacement kit so you can repeat the test. We prefer not to do so at the moment, because if we will send you a free replacement kit now, it will automatically cancel the original kit. This means that if the lab will receive the sample in a few days, they will not be able to analyze it and you would need to restart the process with the new kit.

If you would prefer a refund, please email me your account details (account ID number or registered email address) and I will personally assist you with this matter.

Elena MyHeritage Team

• Do
        Dorothy Hakim Mar 10, 2019

Hello Michael,

I'm in the exact same position. I live in the UK I sent off my kit on the 31st January and have heard nothing back despite sending several emails and requests online. I had the exact same difficulty with the phone line.

Furthermore, my account says I don't even have a kit which is impossible. I too, have proof of postage and activated my kit as soon as I received it.

I feel completely disregarded by MyHeritage and want my money back if I do not hear something in the next week - other than an automated response. Should have gone with 23andME.

Dorothy Hakim, Sheffield, UK

Feb 25, 2019

MyHeritage — did not receive dna kit after over a month.

After over a month, I never received any DNA kit, but it says that the kit wa...

Jan 24, 2019

MyHeritage — charges I never authorized

I've never even been to this site and was contacted by my debit card fraud prevention team that 8 charges for...

Jan 23, 2019

MyHeritage — renewal notice for myheritage

My name is Tanja Dalton . i received an email about myheritage and a payment. I ignored the email and have...

Melbourne

Jan 20, 2019

MyHeritage.com — dna result

[protected] is my myheritage.com account ID. Just received my DNA results - can they possibly be...

Jan 16, 2019

MyHeritage — charges on my credit card and i've never used the site.

I have 8 charges on my bank statement for $104 from My Heritage company and I've never used My Heritage, nor...

Jan 15, 2019

MyHeritage — dna test

I have taken several DNA tests from other companies. This by far, had the vaguest results. 94.2% North and...

Jan 13, 2019

MyHeritage — dna results

I took a DNA test and the results are completely wrong. Did you guys really run a DNA test, or give random...

My Heritage — obtaining money by deception

This company withdrew rwo payments of £69 from my account on 24th December without my consent. They have...

MyHeritage — myheritage matches in legacy family tree

In Legacy Family Tree program of which I have been using for at least 20 years there is a MyHeritage match...

MyHeritage — missing dna sample kit

I am the customer of Myheritage account number; [protected]. I sent my dna sample to Houston Lab with DHL...

MyHeritage — obtaining funds by deception now being passed to west midlands police

I have been trying all day to resolve a matter with your staff in the UK with little intelligence. Last night...

MyHeritage — the result is a joke!

Tis the season and my family has came to my home for Christmas. I thought it would be a great surprise for my...

MyHeritagedna test kit

Hi, I have purchased about 6 kits up till now but I had to pay import taxes for only the last three shipments. The packages seem to have been shipped from Germany while the issued invoice has an address in Israel. If from Germany, since Cyprus is an EU country then surely there must not be any import duties. If from Israel, then why do the packages indicate that the shipment originated from Germany? Also I could not contact you by any phone number listed on the help link of your site, why is that?

Thanks

George Poullados

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Dec 20, 2018

Dear George,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'd like to further follow-up on it.

I've located your MyHeritage account and escalated your inquiry to our Billing team. They will contact you directly via your registered email address to personally assist you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via [email protected] and I will be happy to help you.

Elena, MyHeritage Team

MyHeritage — dna kit not received by myheritage yet

To whom it may concern: I am writing to whoever would be able to give me feedback because I have sent my DNA...

MyHeritage — dna results

I was excited to receive my DNA results! I received them today 12/6/2018, 2 months after I paid. What a waste...

MyHeritage — no feedback

I ordered the DNA kit and it arrived in about 2 weeks, I send it back about three days later, now almost 2...

MyHeritage — dna cheek swab samples

MyHeritage send me the empty DNA kit with no further warning that in some countries it might be not possible...

MyHeritagedna test purchased today (11/26/18)

I had purchased a DNA test from here today & when I checked my bank statement I was charged for 2 (two) DNA tests. I called & talked to a person named Ivan about it as to take off the 2nd one & once talking decided to cancell my original as well as the other one & to just refund me back my money. He asked me to send a copy of my 'pending' statement to have it cleared up & the billing department would get in contact with me once they recieve it. I did send the statement photo in & still haven't heard from them yet. I did contact my bank also..

RESOLVED

• MyHeritage's response · Nov 27, 2018

Dear MyHeritage member,

I'm sorry to read about your complaint here.

Issues such as these are extremely important to us and I will do all I can to ensure your refund.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your registered account with the information I see here on this website. Therefore, please e-mail me [email protected] so I can straighten everything out with high priority.

I will be looking for your e-mail.

Sincerely