MWEBstay far away from mweb

E

I have tried to transfer a co.za domain from a local internet developer to MWeb Business. It should be a simple process. Sumbit a request to release the domain, and when the current host of the domain releases the 'ticket' it is transferred to MWeb.. Very simple! But apparently not so simple for MWeb who have taken over a week to do asbolutely NOTHING regarding my simple request.

I decided to use MWeb because I was of the opinion that they couldn't possibly be as useless as Telkom, but apparently I was wrong!

• Updated by Justinqwertyui · Jun 16, 2018

Mweb super bad hosting department, unwilling to help with dns changes and or unable to perform the tasks from a knowledge point of veiw.

• Updated by Justinqwertyui · Jun 18, 2018

Public be noted, mweb hosting does not work after hours or on weekends, they are not interested in customer service, nor interested in fixing mistakes they have made in mx or A records, you will wait till they feel ready. they simply don't care, The bum behind this approach is Kurt Boswell. (to my mind playing god will mweb's reputation)

• Updated by Justinqwertyui · Jun 18, 2018

Mweb DNS/hosting leader Kurt Boswell, acknowledges mweb are unable to manage DNS records, any request like TXT or SRV requests are out of their knowledge base, only mx and A records are they qualified for.

• Zs
    zs6jce May 10, 2011

I am having the same problem trying to transfer a .co.za to mweb.
    I on the verge of moving my ADSL account away from them.

• Be
    Bezumn Jun 03, 2016

The compalint filed by tcc on 7 October at 12h11 was interesting as by a mere cut and paste operation I have the contents of my complaint. I logged call number 206929 with Mweb over emails to account aliases bouncing back. Since then, my experience has been identical to tcc.

Mweb is however, unperturbed by this issue and there standard answer is “we will escalate the problem”! This must be a phrase taught to all staff in induction! The company has also set up internal systems that ensures that you are never able to get back to the same person – very nice for them – because no one is ever accountable for the problem!!

My experience is that they promise to call back and never do. You get put on hold while they refer to a manager and then get cut off. Whoever you speak to promises the earht and delivers dirt. I am now at the point where I want to go into their Bellville office and camp there unitl I see someone. However, when you ask for the name of the responsible person that you need to speak to, you are told that you cannot be given that information. What can be done to let people know to NEVER use this company?

• Je
    Jermaine Kenned Dec 06, 2017

I received an email to say that mweb made a mistake for not billing me correctly. For the past 2 years I have been with them, irrespective of how slow the internet can be. However, I now have to play an extra 180rand but the current package was offered to me by the advisor. I dont understand because how can my bill increase and I`m not even changing my package. I feel that I am being bullied to pay an extra 180rand!

M Adams Aug 14, 2018

My wifi has been down for more than 1 week. A service mweb are happy to charge me each month. However there service has been simply pathetic an absolute joke that there phone assistants are supposed to be trained in customer satisfaction. What a joke

Nombango Aug 15, 2018

I am actually in tears, what a frustration to be served AND ACTUALLY misery that I go through when I try to Log into [email protected] The worse part is that I am paying to be put in this misery!!!

I tried to add my mweb address to my Outlook profile manually but this would work for one day only and I would be back to Zimbra, webmail, etc

• Ju
    Justinqwertyui Aug 16, 2018

Mweb have unskilled stuff and don't or can't assist with domain name changes, I have waited five days, for a change, with feed back of it will take twenty four hours every time I query the status.

Cherz250131 Aug 20, 2018

My account is always R179 and I instructed them to cut it off if it goes over. This month they took R2000 off my account. We hardly use the dongle and when I phoned they said, when I do there must be something down loading.
    Point is I asked them to cut it off when it goes over and they never did.
    Want them to investigate my account.

Franna1985 Sep 02, 2018

Hi I ordered a Lte Wifi middle October.It was said that there is no stock avavialble untill end of November.Every time I phone to follow up on my order there is no answer fir at least 20 min.This is unexcepteble.I would like to know when I will recieve my order?!?!?!?

• Mw
    mweb Sep 03, 2018

Please cancel the contract with immediate effect today 28.8.2018
    m5666330.
    confirm with [email protected]

• mu-ath devajee Sep 19, 2018

I joined mweb on the 1st Sept and they took me on immediately and now they dont want me to leave. They tell me I must pay for another month and then I can go. I'm not happy with their internet facility and want to go back to afrihost. Help me please.

• So
    Somebody22 Sep 20, 2018

For less than 200 bucks a month, get 200GB + uncapped night time data

This ad is which feature on national TV is fucking misleading!! with a Telkom/adsl line it can cost you up to R800p/m. discusting.

• Ne
    Nestus Oct 15, 2018

I signed up with Mweb for uncapped Fibre on 30 July. I've tried to get a technician here to do the installation, but with no success after 2 months. They have also managed to deduct incorrect funds from my account after it was confirmed that it will not happen.

The Mweb people - Robert Nene and Lesego Lebelo.

Nestus Bredenhann
    +27834493585

• Ms
    Msmp Dec 12, 2018

Just want to say my problem regarding the internet with Mweb was resolved. Rifaard from Mweb contacted me early this morning and with his patients and kindness the problem was solved.

Francois Blay Apr 10, 2019

I need to cancel my MWEB contract due to immigration.
    I can't phone to cancel it because I'm in New Zealand. I can't cancel it on "My Account" because I can't set up an OTP.
    There is not e-mail address with whom I can communicate.
    I don't get any response from [email protected] nor from [email protected]

• Sh
    Shamsheer Sayed May 19, 2019

Mweb has the worst back up service
    They just don't care.
    From 24 April 2019 our adsl line is down
    I spoke to an advisor who gave his email and said email him. I sent 3 or 4 emails to aabrahims to call me.
    He never call me back
    There was not Any follow up from mweb

• Qu
    quanita ismail Jun 25, 2019

We have installed fibre, it's been on since the 12th of June 2019 it's only been 6 days and it already has shown major frustrating issues. 1 soul reason for the switch from Telkom to Mweb fibre was because Mweb promises strong connections however I have found one major fault it continuously cuts out at least every 20mins- 30mins I dont want that

• Br
    Brendah Gaine Aug 13, 2019

I have been trying to login to to my MWEB account from the UK and my provider is blocking the website with the proviso that scamming has been detected. I am trying to access my account because I have made a Forex transaction and the link has been sent to my MWEB address for me to complete the exchange details.

Salie Morris Sep 15, 2019

all my mails are there no one is responding my id number is 7902085275 my name is mogamat morris can anyone please give me feedback on wots happening im with my adress swop on [email protected] service was always good now im strugling to get any kind of information no matter how much emails and queries I send

Frikkie143 Sep 22, 2019

my current Lte package was discontinued and I need a new package. I left a few queries in my login account but nobody come back to me. I want this sorted asap.

• Br
    Brenda Prinsloo Sep 22, 2019

I have been trying to cancel my late mother's mweb contract and have been holding on forever on the phone costing me a lot of airtime :-( and there are no e-mail addresses, so no choice but to cost people a heap load of airtime??
    Can someone please phone me back urgently?
    083 783 3511
    Brenda.

• Fo
    FOFff Oct 07, 2019

I am so pissed off!! Nobody has bothered to contact us and welcome us. Let alone connect us.
    We took over the previous owners contract promising we will be connected and not wait 2 weeks to be connected.

I am struggling to run a business with no internet!!
    I am pissed off!

How are you going to contact me!

Sanet Coetzee Oct 09, 2019

I am truly disappointed with the product I have bought. I purchased the LTE sim only deal. And more than 48 business hours and I still don't have any connection. This is ridiculous.

Martinique Bellairs Oct 13, 2019

I have tried switching my router off and on but it did not seem to work in reestablishing my internet connection .

Marius Louw Nov 04, 2019

Good day to you.

I'm currently in Japan and I can receive mails but can't send any.

"Undeliverable or prohibited error message 550"

Could you please resolve it for as a matter of urgency ?

[email protected]

Best regards.

Marius.

• Eu
    Eugene Oelofse Nov 12, 2019

Getting through to M-Web is almost impossible - holding on for 18 minutes to be put through to someone who can help you with your query is unacceptable. I just need to get info on my fiber order or stop it and move to something else hopefully someone will come back to me

• Po
    Poolman Nov 13, 2019

MWEB sales dont answer their phones i have been calling 2 days in a row, but no one answer . If your are so lucy someone answer after holding for more than ahour they put you through and then you keep on holding and holding no one answer !!You cant even send a email for a response .Very bad service!!!

• Ln
    Lnlblm Dec 03, 2019

I recently requested an upgrade to fibre but wanted to speak to someone to explain the product. I called them five times and waited about 40 minutes without getting to speak to someone. Your wait for ages listening to the same on hold music and the the line cuts. I am tempted to cancel all services with them.

• Si
    Sibone Jikwana Feb 29, 2020

We want to cancel our MWEB account effective immediately. We Have tried calling all their numbers but we get the same automated answering machine that gives you options but does not transfer you. It continuously repeats the same information. We need assistance in this regard. Thanks.

Account Number: 1030982
    Ref: m7489310

• Ie
    Iegshaan Apr 18, 2020

Applied for mitchells plain fibre online on the 4 April it's the 9th and still did not receive a call as to when installation will take place. Please get someone to contact me urgently to come install.

Please contact me on 083 296 1717