Resolved Motorolamotorola motoactv – huge disappointment

I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed lines across the screen. In February 2013, I contact the company where it was purchased from here in South Africa to discover the company had terminated its South African operation, contacted the UK division to be told that the Warranty no longer lies with them as the Fitness Tracker had been sold to me more than 30 days prior and I was to contact Motorola UK directly which I did – REF: 1302/3-006162 only to be told that the Warranty was held in the USA and that I could only liaise with Motorola South Africa to get the Fitness Tracker repaired. I did exactly this and couriered it to them in March 2013 and now after 5 MONTHS I’m being told that there are NO spares for the Fitness Tracker WORLWIDE. Yet this Fitness Tracker is still being sold here in South Africa! Appears the same company I purchased it from here locally is operational again, selling expensive products that Manufactures can’t or won’t repair.
How can this be possible – to sell an item and then be told there is no way to repair it with literally no after sales support.
I will never purchase another Motorola product and will continue to tell all my business colleagues and friends to avoid Motorola products too.

motorola motoactv – huge disappointment

• Li
    Liz Jun 15, 2007

Ordered a phone back in April shipped Ups they lost the phone and when they found it sent it back to Motorola. Called Motorola numerous time to get the phone shipped out again and was told over and over the phone would ship. Long story short the phone never did ship. Could not get anyone at Motorola to correct this problem. Each person I spoke with promised to solve this and never did! I will never buy from them again!!!

• Vi
    Vikas Agrawal Jun 30, 2007

I have bought a motorola handset model no. L6 10 months ago. since the time of purchase the mobile is not working properly. I have submitted it with M/s Redington Services, Kanpur (the authorized service center at Kanpur) for 3 times but no result could come out, moreover staff over there is simply unconcerned with the problem of customers.

I would never recommend to buy a motorola handset to a busy professional.

Patty McCarthy Oct 04, 2007

I had the same problem. Sent them my phone for repair two times in less than two weeks. This was two months ago, still waiting to get my phone back. Their customer service is horrible. They can't understand me, I can't understand them and even after confirming my address three times they still sent the phone to the wrong address, wrong town not once, but twice!!!!!!! I don't know who else to contact, any suggestions!!!!!

• Um
    Umesh Oct 17, 2007

I have problem with my L 6 Model. Service center has not fare with customer. there call center ph no not reaching. Spares are not avl. at service centre. Only biggest advt. publish the company. Customer service is very very poor by motorola GLOBAL company.

Beware!

james h. snyder Feb 24, 2008

i registered in july of07 for comcast internet . i was suppose to get free modem after rebate and till this day 2/24/08 i haven't received any thing. if you ask comcast the tell you they have no record of any rebate.

• Ra
    Ramesh Mathur Apr 04, 2008

We are using mobile no. 9784062778 of Airtel. kindly discontinue the subscription of Rs.5/- per day towards Cricket information. This is not required by us kindly discontinue and the same has been requested on 121. Thanking you,
    Yours truly,
    Ramesh Mathur.

• Ru
    RUPA DUTTA Aug 07, 2008

After inset my hutch sim in my Motorola L6I set, I cant make outgoing calls. Its showing that called failed not subscribed.

Norma J. Paulino Aug 13, 2008

I have called for the past three (3) months about a lingering $10 balance that should have been cleared for over charging me for products that I did not order. You call the store and they tell you to call the 1800cricket number and they are in Asia. The man tells me that he cannot get into my account. So, I asked for a supervisor and he tells me the same thing that he is not authorized to get into my account. That I have to go into the store to tell them this situation. I gone to the store and they tell me to call the 1800cricket number again. SO IT IS A MERRY GO ROUND SITUATION!

Can you please help?

• St
    Stef Nov 03, 2008

Excuse me.
    I have brought a motorola phone recently and im am very disgusted that it has damaged. not my damage at all i have never dropped it nor damaged it with water.
    i woke up at 5am seeing that my phone was off. it hadnt been because my phone battery wasnt charged i charged it anyway andd it flashed on and off. i had to put password in but my keypads didnt work!!!
    im sooo angry.

• Mo
    motorola w270 Feb 21, 2009

Respected Sir,
    I have motorola instument Model no w270, when I use the function of leastion song and use that time battery is down in two hours, so i meet and complain in motorola servise center in our city center but this problem is not solved.so, i request my complain solve in short time.

Dashrath Prajapati
    Himatanagar(Gujarat)

• Rh
    Rhonda Bargas Feb 21, 2009

I have had NO SERVICE for over 3 hours. I need a phone service that will work. My 2year old is chronically is and need to call for help from time to time.

• Vi
    visha Apr 03, 2009

recently i went to a handphone fair in sac mall and i purchased the motorola phone but he didnt include the headset and the usb... the headset i asked him he ask me to pay exyra rm 30 finally i paid rm 20 extra... then i went back i coulndt transfer my data to compiter coz no usb wayar..this means i have to spen more...is this how motorola does the sale

• Ra
    rabiun Apr 27, 2009

I bought a motorola modem for $50.00 and I didnot get rebate $50.00. When I will get it ?
    rabiun nahar

pankajthelegend Jul 26, 2009

Date of Purchase of Mobile – 11-12-2008.
    Product : Motorola L9
    Nature of problem: handset hangs again & again Even after servicing 3 times in service center .
    Visits to service center: 28-04-2009, 02-05-2009, 21-07-2009 (working hours 10.30am- 6PM)

• Tj
    T.J.W-WEAK SIGNAL Aug 06, 2009

FOR 1 I CAN'T GET A GOOD SIGNAL IN MY OWN HOME 2 I LEFT MY HOUSE HOPING TOO GET A BETTER SIGNAL ! ONLY TO FIND I DID' NT HAVE SERVICE . I COULD NOT CALL OUT OR GET CALLS. I AM ON THE UNLIMITED PLAN SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ?I LEFT U.S. CELLULAR FOR THIS COMPANY.AFTER MY MONTH IS UP I THINK I'LL LOOKING FOR A NEW CELL PHONE CO. WEAK SIGNAL IN FORT WAYNE' IN T.J.W

• Tj
    T.J.W-WEAK SIGNAL Aug 06, 2009

MY COMPLAINT ISN'T WITH MOTOROLA ! IT IS WITH BOOST MOBILE ------NO STRONG SIGNAL--------OR NO SERVICE AT THIS TIME

mattusasan Aug 08, 2009

i have motorola screen touch moblie & unfourtunaitly my cells screen is demage & i went to all showrooms to my home not able find the required screen ??
    Please advise what should i do with cell that cell is really very expensive & important to me

• Ze
    Zenin Aug 19, 2009

I Lost my mobile 2 days back. With IME code I tried many times the motorola customer care to deactivate my mobile set for any illegal use of it. But there was no response at all

• Am
    amreensaba Sep 08, 2009

mobile has been stolen.
    motorokkr E6 is the model.it was stolen from the college.i want u to trace it.

• Ob
    Obedience Sep 26, 2009

I was barred from using share and sell because forgot my pin cold and i mistakenly entered the wrong pin.

• Us
    US Rao Oct 14, 2009

My son's mobile phoen make - Motorola model - MOTO L-7 IMEI No. 355056-01-063692-9 bearini Airtel simcard no. 09535618553 has been stolen from college on 12th Oct.09. you are requested to locate the mobile Hand Set as per pocedure and intimate me at e-mail id :
    [email protected]

mamaru Nov 09, 2009

I tried to get Sprint/Firefly to send me another phone when I told them I could not read the numbers on the front, because it was so dirty. They said I did not qualify for one until march 2010. Then I only got a discount on another one. So, I sent it to the Motorola Co. in Texas to be cleaned. The returned it as dirty as when I sent it. I still cannot read the numbers in the little glass window. Filthy dirty.

mayank pathak Dec 22, 2009

I have given my handset on 23/11/09 to ur service center-silicon compuware solutions pvt.ltd.(moradabad-uttar pradesh) as it's keypad was not working and it was under warranty.
    The person their assured me that you'll get back the same in 15 days but till 22/12/09 I haven't received the same.
    If a customer will get such type of service will he/she think to buy any other product of the same co.?

Paul Ole Kamukere Feb 13, 2010

name: Paul Ole Kamukere

id No. 12655234

Tel No. +254722830718

P O. Box 12-00208

Ngong Hills.

• Es
    esehgrav ynot Jul 23, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

• Fu
    Furtune Jul 27, 2010

I bought a Moto Rokr for Rs.22, 200 in April 2007. Now, in september 2007, i am not able to hear voice of the caller. There is no response form the service providers even after i have given them the handset. They took my mobile for 10 days and returned without servicing or repair although it is under warranty and has not been misused.

Chavvo Aug 11, 2010

We have purchased mobile A810 on 26th may09 from croma and within 2 days there were a problem in blue-tooth data transforming. we contacted croma from where we purchased mobile but they deny to take the complaint and send us to service centre. Through service center motorala had changed the motherboard of mobile as per information given by their executives but again after a month there is problem of battery and hanging of instrument during use.

• Su
    suhasdhavde Oct 21, 2010

I locked the Tata Docomo SIM card in my motorola mobile by going to the "Lock SIM" option of Security Settings. But after giving the right PUK 10 times, 10 attemps were shown and the SIM got blocked. I cannot open the SIM.plz

• Jq
    J.Quinn Jan 10, 2011

I ordered a phone battery BT60 (Motorola) but I rec'd a BC60, which is the wrong size. How can I exchange it ?

• Ta
    TATA DOCOMO Jan 18, 2011

Dear Suhasdhavde,

PUK code is 88672547. If the code is not working kindly change the sim from nearest TATA DOCOMO outlet.

Thanks and Regards
    Customer Care
    TATA DOCOMO

• As
    A.SYED ABUTHAHIR Mar 28, 2011

i lost my mobile yesterday, i will submit my mobile imei number and other details . so kindly find my mobile as soon as possible

• Ku
    kumar.sunil Apr 06, 2011

I have motorola wx395 which having technical problem, but the service centre of motorola in chandigarh sector-20 sco no-5(redington) not provided me the service... & for this i am very afraid about motorola company service

• Ri
    riZwan9love May 24, 2011

i recived a msg from 00491602989539 that my number 0321-4305982 is awarded sum of 1.5 punds on motobola aniversary...

• Ki
    Kioreex Dec 15, 2012

Motorola never back up its products. it provide the worst customer services ever. Never buy Motorola.