Having problems with Ascendtech?

+1 216 458 1104 (Technical Support)
4772 East 355th St.
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

ripoff

Do not buy anything from Ascendtech if you don't want to pay twice more than you did before. Their return policy is a way to get much more money, a complete ripoff.
I needed to refund and they charged me all of the fees they had. I was so angry with them. What they refunded was almost nothing. I feel cheated. Never use them, don't risk your money.

fraud in computer parts

Bought a motherboard and CPU from these Ascendtech.com. According to the website, both were new, retail...

The biggest Rip Off I have ever seen

The biggest Rip Off I have ever seen!!! Do not buy anything from them.
I made the mistake to purchase a computer from them. Apparently they have put the cheapest parts in it and of course a refurbished disk, even though I purchased new parts for everything. But that is nearly all. A few months after the purchase at ascendtech.us the big problems with this computer began. For 2 months I have been in hell because of this computer. I thought I can rely on this machine as I use it for work and time is more valuable to me than anything. I could simply not afford to waste any more time with it. Except for the refurbished disk they sold me, the power supply burned, then the power cable would not make good contact, the computer would start crashing for a reason nobody could find out. I had 7 different experts looking at it and I kept wasting my time and money to figure out what the problem is. When one of the experts opened the computer and checked all the parts it turned out that the processor was glued, no, no, no, it was cemented to the heatsink with some kind of strong material that the entire PC repair office gathered around to look at and said they have never seen anything like that. Even after using professional tools and special liquids nobody could remove that heavy material from processor. The result- I bought a completely new computer as the one from ascendtech.us is a TOTAL RIP OFF.
Please do not review if you are affiliated or have a conflict of interest with this website.

liars

I wanted to purchase wireless speakers for my store. I called and talked to tech support to make sure I was going to get the right product for my needs. I ordered what he suggested. Well only one speaker is wireless the other four components are not. This was not at all for me. I wanted to return them. Well when they ship to you they ship for free. But if I return them then I have to pay not only for shipping them back but now they want to charge for shipping to me the first time. That means I pay double for shipping. Well shipping costs would be about 70% of the cost of the speakers. So now I guess I have to sell them for ascend tech to someone else.
I did not want to become a distributor for their company. I think that since I took the time to call tech support and got the wrong advice from their company they should pay for shipping. I recommend that nobody do business with these people so they will just go out of business because of customer service. I found a great company 4homespeakers.com that was very knowledgeable on their products and I am very happy with them.

• Ke
    kelk1 May 29, 2012

This company should really be investigated. They just shipped a non-functioning monitor that they cannot replace and I have to pay for the $67 shipping cost to return it to them. Seriously, they now threaten to charge me for a 20% RESTOCKING fee! Now I am reading this, I suppose they will also charge me for the initial shipment?
    Let's see... $220 monitor - $67*2 - $220*0.20 = $42. Now I see how they make money. I just lost $178 with nothing to show for, and they get their monitor back to rob someone else.

parts replacement policies

Bought a package deal of 10 motherboards including processors, fans, memory stick and Hardrives.
The 10 motherboards that I needed according to service dept. were in stock.
I transferred the required funds into Ascendtech’s a/c.
After 3 weeks and NO items turning up I contacted the service dept
to be told that the Motherboards i ordered were ALL FAULTY and I would need to choose another board to suit my needs.

With the help of one of the service people the goods finally arrived in Australia some 4 weeks later.
Every thing was well packed for shipping but the only BIG problem I faced was the fact that none of 10 400gb hardrives worked.
They were all 5 to 6 years old and when I queried a “manager”
about the age of the product, he pointed out they deal with “new, used and refurbished products.

I was further told that all the hardrives were tested before leaving ascendtech and were all working-I could return them to the USA and they would be replaced with all shipping costs to be paid for by me-the consumer !

I personally wouldn’t deal with this company again

• Up
    Upset Law Student Nov 19, 2011

My experience with Ascendtech mirrors yours. I am researching consumer complaints to determine the possibility of a class action lawsuit. The evidence points to a company falsely advertising refurbished merchandise and relying on illegal contract clauses to relieve them of liability.

• Ke
    kelk1 May 29, 2012

I wish I had researched this company before trying to do business with them. They sent me a monitor which stopped working the the same day I received it. In "accordance with their return policy", they now want me to pay for the shipping of the 20lbs DOA merchandise back to them and consider a favor not to charge me with the 20% restocking fee. When I said I would complain at the BBB, they answered that they were not a member and that it was [sic] childish and vindictive of me to think about that.
    As a side note, it was really not obvious when I ordered it that this was a refurbished unit. The plastics are indeed more scratched than any monitor I have ever seen and I am not surprised it does not work. Is that so abnormal of me to want my money back at no charge?

Sent back drive in WORSE shape than submitted

Submitted 80GB hard drive that was spinning and was able to see folder structure in command console but not able to in Windows. We were told that our drive would be put on the bench and tested to see if the data was recoverable. We paid extra to have our drive 'fast-tracked' and within 3 days were told that our data was indeed recoverable and that it would take about 3 weeks to complete. We authorized the recovery process and made it clear to the company that we needed the data by a specific date. Long story short, a month passed and I called to get a status on the drive. I was told that it was taking a little longer than normal and that it would be a few more days. A week passed with no email correspondence and was told that the preliminary copy was completed (copy's bit by bit or something) and that there were a few sectors that needed to be manually repaired by an engineer. More time passed. A few weeks later I called again and was told that the progress was going well and that it would be a few more days to complete. Once again, a week passed and I called to get another sob story. Day after day I kept getting the same thing... 'more time needed' until we were out of time! On my last attempt I told Kevin Gladki, an support technician, that we needed the data by Wednesday of the next week or we need our drive back. I was told that he would personally supervise the engineer with our drive and they would call or email me on Wednesday. Wednesday came and gone without any email or phone call. I called again on Thursday to request our drive back and was told that they would ship it that day and how sorry they were and that if we gave them MORE time he was sure that the data could be recovered. I replied that almost three months should have been plenty of time to recover one small folder full of spreadsheets and that we just didn't have any more time. We had an audit that week and needed those spreadsheets THEN and not another four months from now. Three days went by and I called back because I didn't get a tracking number like I was promised. I was told that I would get it by the end of business that day. Nope... that didn't happen either. See a trend here? Another week passed and I called to see why we haven’t received our drive back. I was told that they STILL had the drive and It would be shipped that day. I told the rep that I heard that line before and I needed the tracking number to believe him. Two days later, still no tracking number. Three days later and I finally get the drive back. The first thing I do is hook the drive up to my USB adapter (allows any drive to be an external USB drive) and guess what? Nothing works at all. The drive doesn't spin the device is not even recognized. I called back to tell them that they sent us back the drive in WORSE shape than how we sent it to them and I wanted to know what my options were. I was told that I could send the drive BACK to them so that they can finish the recovery process. Oh, hell no. Not going there. After several minutes of trying to understand why they sent back a completely mechanically damaged drive when we sent them a completely mechanically good drive I finally gave up. The rep tried to tell me that they had to fix it several times and replace the read/write heads multiple times, etc but I wasn't buying into that nonsense. Now we are stuck with a drive that is now completely unrecoverable thanks to Data Recovery Labs. We have stopped payment on the initial fee of $200 + for the diagnostics and unfortunately all we can do is tell other people NOT to use this company nor their parent company, Ascendtech (###-end-tek) because they, too, have unethical sales and service issues. I have recorded conversations with these reps to prove that we were misled and taken for a long--### ride in case of future class action. I recommend anyone who has had this type of experience with this dead-beat company to keep all records as well. The Ohio Better Business Bureau has given this company a score of F in the last 6 months so that should tell you something. We went with Data Recovery Labs because of the good reviews on the web and their impressive rate of recovery and letters of recommendation posted on their website. I guess we really can't believe everything that we read or see online and this is a testament to that. If you ever need a drive recovered you might as well burn it if you choose to send it to Data Recovery Labs.

• It
    IT_Sportek Aug 13, 2010

Holy Crap Batman! I thought that I was the only one who got banged without lube by these idiots. Personally, I don't think they even have a cleanroom and harvest parts from one drive to use on another just to make you think that they are doing something. You can never get a straight answer from them if you can even get a hold of them. Plus, you can't understand what the hell they are saying which makes me wonder if they live in Afganistan or something. There is a special place in Hades for these schmucks. So sorry that you got the pole stuck in you like I did, IT Sportek. We live and learn. Sometimes the hard way.

• Ri
    RICA641 May 31, 2011

I was charged $300 for the initial "evaluation", it has been around 10 months since I initially started working with them. The last email I got from them is from August 2010!. Telling me that they were still working on it, so whets new? I see a class action lawsuit coming here. I have come to think that this company doesn’t even exists, all they have is a warehouse where they pile up the drives for a while and then send them back as they were.

• Te
    TeneTitan Jul 06, 2011

Its simple, datarecoverylabs.com, data recovery labs, and whatever else they call themselves nowadays are con artists. I got ripped off the same way, they told me that they had a clean room and were the best in the business and charge me $320 for "donor parts" while my drive is shipped off to somewhere in Ohio to apparently have the work done. Lo and behold, 4 months later they are still saying they are working on it? I have asked to cancel and have a refund and they refuse. DATARECOVERYLABS.COM RIPPED ME OFF and if anyone has any information on a class aciton lawsuit I will gladly join in on this. I have already reported them to Attorney General of Ohio and look up Ascendtech they are the same business and they have a TON of complaints online.

quality of workmanship, customer service

I did not read the warnings before I employed Ascendtech to recover files from my hard drive and now that it is too late for me-- having suffered through their delays, bad work, and extraordinarily bad customer service-- I hope that the next person who reads this will not give their hard drive to them to recover. Take heed of this and the other warnings. I have never spoken or written a critical word against a company who has done poor work or who has had bad customer relations because I felt that every one has an occasional bad day. I have been in business long enough that I have made mistakes and a few unhappy customers. With my customers I tried to recover from a bad situation even at my own expense because I believe that one reaps what one sows. Not Ascentech. They don't care. I know that every business, and Ascendtech will be one eventually, will ascend to its own incompetence with their arrogance-- and if it isn't there already, it will be soon. Don't help them along their way with your hard drive, unless you want poor quality work and no customer service. I regret giving them my hard drive.

Sales Fraud

Pricewatch.com allows this company(Ascendtech) to still advertize on its site. They misrepresent products they sell. "New" products are actually refurbished, at least the two sold to me. Do not ever purchase from them
or purchase Elite mother boards or for that matter, any pc parts from them. They do not back up defective parts, return policy is very limited and then run you thru grinder anyway. Surprised this company has not
been put out of business by the state of Ohio. Guess the attorney General is scared of them due to their accent.

wsr3193 May 16, 2010

I order a motherboard/combo from ascendtech. The board was bad.
    Ps2 mouse port did not work, usb ports did not work, bios was corrupt. When I called them they said they had used 1000 tests on that board and their logs showed it to be in working order.
    My advice, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

• Wi
    will whitmore Mar 20, 2014

horrible to none customer lack of service, rude, abrasive, people.

Rip off

Issue 1: $939.61 purchase included extra $49.99 fee for 'urgent' assembly to receive Seller’s computer more quickly. However due to damage, Seller never successfully fulfilled order.

Issue 2: Computer arrived damaged, bent and would not function.

Issue 3: Keyboard was shipped unwrapped with flip-out feet (underside) open and cord unsecured. Due to this poor packaging by Seller, the keyboard would not light up, one foot was broken / missing, and the finish was badly scratched (photos available).

Issue 4: Seller filled shipping container with trash (photos available) and explained this as "I have never seen one ship like that before. I know we have a new man in shipping. But that is going too far."

Issue 5: Seller emailed FOUR times stating they had contacted UPS on 4/9 to pick up the damaged computer. However, UPS states the Seller called 4/13 at 4:00 PM with pick up to follow within 24 hours, which it finally was. Tracking #: 1Z T45 1T1 [protected]

UPDATE: UPS has determined that computer was indeed damaged in transit -- mistakenly in my opinion as the damage to the computer (not keyboard) appeared to have been caused by the Seller before shipping.

UPS made this decision on 4/15/2017.

UPS returned computer to AscendTech on 4/16/2017, signed by BYKOV.

Issue 6: Seller emailed SIX times that they would refund purchase: 4/10 at 3:00 PM and 4/14 at 5:35 PM and 4/15 at 11:36 AM and 4/16 at 11:21 AM and 4/16 at 12:07 AM and 4/18 at 12:04 PM and by phone on 4/22.

Issue 7: Seller emailed 4/14 "it should all be behind us in the next day or two" following UPS pick up. Now 4/24, ten days following the UPS pick up, I still do not have the Seller's promised refund, to buy elsewhere.

Issue 8: Seller emailed modified refund offer on 4/16 at 12:07 AM for $889.62 (less the $49.99 ‘urgent’ fee). I agreed to this outrageous amount just to end this ordeal. Then five hours later, Seller LOWERED offer to $751.69 (less $187.92).

Seller has repeatedly lied. I have no faith in their company, service, products, or follow through.

Copies of all emails and photos of damage are available upon request.

I want, and deserve, a full refund.

wsr3193 May 14, 2010

I purchased a pent 4 motherboard/combo from this company. When I received the board I installed it and plugged in the monitor, nothing.
    So, I install a video card and could finally get into the bios. When I tried to us super fdisk to format the hard drive, but the ps2 mouse port did not work. I called them and they offered to send me a usb mouse. I had a usb mouse and enable the usb ports in the bios, Usb mouse did not work. I am in the process of returning the board. I sent the company an email requesting an rma number. They suggested that I send the board back and buy a case from them, and they would install it, I have over 30 years experience building and repairing computers. My suggestion is DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL SEND YOU SOME JUNK THAT IS LAYING AROUND THE SHOP

wsr3193 May 14, 2010

Motherboard Dead on Arrival

I have read reviews from other customers saying that they bought things from these people and it arrived in a...

Worst service ever

Even during the week of Christmas, expedited shipping was available. I received my system board in time to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices