Michaelkors.comworst customer service

M Review updated:

My name is Isa Walcott-Perez and I have shop in the Michel Kors in the Westchester Mall as well as Iwork at the Coach store which is one store down from the Micheal Kors in the Westchester Mall. I usually shop in this location on my lunch break with coworkers. I do so because in the past, your employees exemplify outstanding customer service. However, I have had two recent issue with the Westchester Micheal Kors and I was highly disappointed and unsure if I will ever shop with Michael Kors again.

During my first visit to the store I purchased a gold Michael Kors gold watch and within three weeks the glass face of the watch cracked from the inside. When I returned to the store for any exchange or a new watch I was told that I had to contact Fossil because they don't handle watch repair issue. This was not a watch repair issue, it was a quaility issue. Im very knowledgeable on the matter given that I'm a manager at Coach and we deal with watch issues on from time to time. I have to request a customer service number which was the District Manager number and she help to fix the issue. What is upsetting is this issue should have been taken care of at the store level and i should not had have called the District Manager to replace my watch. I feel as a Afrcian American female the level of customer service is different for me vs. others that come into the store.

• Updated by Willow11 · Jan 02, 2018

Brought this coat for my daughter at macys and she only got 2 month's out of it after I washed it . It tore badly in the wash on gentle cycle .i expect that from a generic brand not Michael Kors.

• La
    LadyB1988 Nov 09, 2012

I am having a difficult time as well. I purchased a Michael Kors purse, wallet, and phone case from Macy's for my daughter during the 2011 Christmas Season. Around March 2012, we noticed the metallic material was beginning to fade in several places on the purse and phone case. I have made numerous attempts to contact Michael Kors via phone and Internet; however, I have had no success. I tried to return it to the store. They wanted to give me $98 for the purse when I paid $348. I am very hurt and disappointed. During my lifetime. I have purchased many designer purses. On the one occasion when there was a problem Dooney stood behind their product. I will never recommend a Michael Kors product or purchase anything from MK again. I know last year I spent class to $900 on MK products when you factor in the prices for the MK watch and sunglasses. Hard earned money wasted.

• Ba
    bags lover Dec 26, 2012

i want to share also my experience. My husband bought me a purse here in Las rozas village an outlet store in Madrid, Spain on july 2012. For my 2 weeks used, i noticed the gold zipper was fade. So i never mind it. Five months later i shared it with my friends how i was dissapointed about MK bag, so they told me to go to the store . We went there together with my hubby and trying to explain them about our concern, and they said...it's normal the gold was fade. I never used it daily, i cared it as much as i could. Anyway i understand if they never change it a new one because of the time passed. But i was dissapointed because some people used to; or prefer to buy some expensive stuff so that you can use it longer and also the quality is important. Now its like my bag was an imitation one:( From now on, i promised myself, i will never buy Michael kors again, and i will neve recommend my family and friends to buy a bag that the quality is not good. Its wasting your money!

• Wh
    whatever11 Jan 29, 2013

When I come to look for comments... Racism is so old... Who cares about what color you are... I am white with a biracial family... whites are the minority now...say your piece get off the color

• Ra
    Raquel Sossa Jul 08, 2013

I just had The most horrible experience at The dolphin mall store. I have been a store manager for over 15 years and I never felt harrassed as a customer and I hope as a manager I never treated anyone like that. There is a fine line Between customer service and loss prevention. Specially if is a mid high end store like MK. I could expect that from a Ross or walmart.
    I reveived a gift and I went there to exchange it. I walked in with The MK shopping bag and started to look at the bags right when I entered The store. A manager name Peter approached me without greeting and said " I see you have a bag" I replied that I wanted to exchanged an item. He told me he wanted to See what was inside of The bag with his body already leaning over me and The bag so he could See what was inside. I had just entered The store. He forcelly took The bag away giving me no option and asked Where was The receipt. This was a very unconfortable situation and definatly not The way to approach Any customer. I was there with my 2 young daughters and my niece and being treated like i did Something wrong and was not Welcome. If he would have Any common sense he would realized that i had a over $2000 LV bag on me and Beyond High end Brand clothes and jewelry, not that anyone one with anything less than that should be treated different. I had intended to buy a watch and maybe another bag that caught my atention and I Ended not getting anything else due to his service. Now everytime Someone complements my bag, which has already happened, The first thing that comes to my mind was my experience. Which ruined my night, dinner plans and sleep due to how upset I was with this horrible experience.

Sent from my iPhone

• Mi
    Michelle Lindsay Sep 05, 2013

I bought a beautiful pair of anle high heel boots in December and on my way to work, the right heel broke. When I called to complain they said there was nothing they could do to fix or replace the shoe. I was so disappointed because I spend so much money at this store and these were my favorite pair of shoes. What do you consider to be good customer service Michael Kors?

Maria Randol Oct 16, 2013

I shop a lot in your outlets. My favorite ones with the best service and attitude is the one in Barstow, Cali.and Seattle Premium Outlet. I found out that you just opened one at the Ontario Mills, Ontario Cali so I decided to go there and the worst service and bad attitude like they were doing you a favor. The other store that I use to go to that I stop is the Cabazon, Cali, they same attitudes.

• Je
    jessca Nov 13, 2013

I don't think I've ever dealt with such horrible service ever. I called into Michael Kors to see what steps I need to take to file a warranty
    claim given that there's a defect in workmanship on my bag and I still have a proof of purchase. when I called from my number no one answers but if I call from another number they do. so I asked a rep if they block numbers because thats just odd. I had to call in 2 times to get a Return Authorization form. Then I had to call again because no prepaid shipping label was sent. A rep informed me after I called from a different number that I had to pay for my own shipping to them. Given the price I paid on this bag I shouldn't have to pay to mail my DEFECTIVE bag in. thats just crazy. Anyway I was on the phone with them around my co workers not only did I think that
    this is just wrong that I have to call from different numbers and still pay for a bag to be sent to them but my coworkers did also. This will be the last product I ever buy from them and I'll be selling my watch and purses from them i definitely never want to have to deal with
    this company again.

• Br
    BrittM May 29, 2014

WORST. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. EVER.
    I sent in a purse for a minor repair and they said it was un-repairable so they DESTROYED IT without my consent!
    They literally emailed me after I called 5 times and emailed 12 times for an update, and said IT HAS BEEN DESTROYED,
    $138 down the drain and no remedy. Nothing. I have never been so appalled in my life.

• Af
    AffordableFashionKnowledge Jun 26, 2014

Some of you people are CRAZY! Items from any outlet are a cheaper quality. That's why there are so cheap because they are made at a cheaper value for that cheaper price.So don't shop outlet. To the lady with the "destroyed bag, " you sent off a fake for repair that's why it was destroyed. Also if you haven't learned this by now Michael Kors is not quality. It's easy money for him whom by the way if you do your research is the copy cat King of fashion. In addition, he has been sued for copying other designers and filed bankruptcy once already on his brand. Get educated on these designers before you shop them. Michael Kors is a temporary fad. Watch!

• De
    Delilah1 Sep 06, 2014

I receieved a purse as a gift from MK store in Dubai, it cost $586 CAD. The black dye from the purse would rub off onto my clothing. Customer service asked for a pic of the purse, store name, receipt, etc, and in the end they said it was not considered a manufacturing defect, and I could repair it at my own expense!!! Was this a robot responding? You do not spend this much money to pay more money on repairs, and lose the clothing itms that have beenn damaged!! Unacceptable! Very bad customer service!!

• Ld
    Ld13e Sep 15, 2014

A warning to Micheal Kors Customers,

First of all, I loved Micheal Kors. I own multiple products. However, this past Birthday (May), I received a small black cross body. DO NOT BUY. I wear everyday. However, in the last two weeks the black dye from the leather strap has begun to bleed onto my clothing. Just a few months later, it ruined my favorite white shirt, my roommates shirt, and my shirt for work before I realized it was 100% from my purse strap. I called the company and the REPRESENTATIVE told me at the very least they would repair the strap or send me a new strap. This person spoke to me on behalf of the company. I expected the promise to be fulfilled and I still have that representatives name. However after filing the claim, I got an e- mail saying warranty does not cover dye transference because that's not a fault of the manufacturer. However, I read multiple articles that said that more reputable companies should not have this problem as it results from a lack of finish on the leather or poor quality leather. That sounds like an issue of the manufacturer.
    So let this be a warning to anyone looking to buy any type of leather dyed by Micheal Kora. DONT.
    Unfortunately this is a company I can no longer associate with quality if the products are gonna literally "dye" out after just four months.
    If you're looking for a company that backs up either it's products or it's representatives, do not choose Micheal Kors because in the second representatives words, you may be "misinformed".

MauiElle Jul 27, 2017

@Ld13e I experienced exactly the same issue with TWO of my Michael Kors purses. Before I realized what was causing the problem, the purses had ruined five of my blouses. The black marks are impossible to remove. I have not purchased any Michael Kors purses since then and will not again. I warn my friends not do buy them. Buyer beware.

Jane Louise Sep 29, 2014

I must add my customer service experience. I purchased a $400 handbag from BonTon. When it tore at the straps I brought it back to the store and they told me I had to return it to Michael Kors. I started emailing the customer service department and they responded to my first two emails asking for additional photos and information. I sent that all to them immediately. I have been emailing now since July 9th and no one has responded to me. I continue to email and nothing! It galls me that Michael Kors can charge that much money for his merchandise yet cannot respond to his customers. Michael Kors should be ashamed - this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

• Uk
    uk shopper Jan 28, 2015

i, m from united kingdom and trying to contact micheal kors is a joke i bought a cross body bag from a department store in minila on holiday last march i paid nearly £300.00 (sterling) for this bag and the d-ring clasp has broken so this means i now cant use the bag at all but trying to get in touch to find out about how i go about sending the bag back with its receipt and warrenty is becoming a joke non of the store in england can help because i didnt buy it from them but i cant even seem to send an e-mail to customer services as my only options are canada or united states or click on so now i, m stuck with a bag that cost me £300.00 and cant use soooo very annoyed

ChrissySG Mar 22, 2015

I've the same experience with MK whereby they require me to destroy my bag if they determine that my bag is beyond repair. It kinda tickles me whereby they can have a whole big factory manufacturing thousands of handbags to be sold worldwide, however they cant repair my broken stripe (bad workmanship on stitching). Really disappointed with MK and i'll never recommend any of my family and friends to get it.

• Im
    Impenny Jun 07, 2015

I'm so disappointed with the MK bag!! Look this is the problem happened to my bag which I have used it less than half a year!!

• Im
    Impenny Jun 07, 2015

Another side of the handle!! Urgh!! Really a cheap quality brand

• Sh
    Shayrose Jun 21, 2015

I am in the midst of a dispute with Michaelkors.com. I phoned to place an order for a bag and asked what the return policy was. I was told the bag had to be returned within thirty days from the shipping date. I placed my order with the phone rep and confirmed the shipping date with him. When the bag arrived I found it was much too big for me. Because it arrived w/o a packing slip or any kind of receipt or paperwork, I phoned the website to ask for the address for return. I was then told that the bag cannot be returnd because it was on sale. I spoke to a manager who apologized repeatedly and - get this - said "This happens a lot, we get this all the time." I asked, "If you get this all the time, why do you withhold crucial return information when you are asked directly about the return policy?" More aplogies. I said, "If a customer purchases a bag from you on the phone and you know they cannot return it but do not tell them that when they ask about returns, how is that not dishonest and unethical?" More apologies. After a great deal of time and persistence, I reached another supervisor who said he will work on this problem for me but cannot guarantee a good outcome. I also recently purchased two MK bags at the local Dillards, but after reading the above reviews regarding quality and poor customer service I'm thinking I should return them; unless selling through Dlllards would prevent them from treating customers in this manner. Still concerned about the quality of bags now. Will keep you informed about outcome with michaelkors.com

• Be
    Bellamie Jun 21, 2015

Shayrose - Your problem is no one's fault but your own. It specifically states on the website "We do not accept returns or exchanges of items purchased on sale at any time. All swimwear, underwear, altered or custom-made merchandise and sale items are considered Final Sale."

If you had checked this first, you would have known.

• Sh
    Shayrose Jun 22, 2015

That would be (and I'm told often is) a handy excuse for michaelkors.com if, when placing the order by phone, I had not specifically asked for return information. Apparently you are unaware or unconcerned that customers ask for return information because they actually want it; it factors into their decision to purchase the bag. What is also apparent is that the sales reps are either uninformed, which the company believes is the customer's fault, or have been trained to withhold critical information. Neither case speaks well for you. I'd say nice try, but your attempt to blame me for your company's poor customer service and lack of ethics is pitiful at best.

• Be
    Bellamie Jun 22, 2015

Your inability to do your due diligence and then blame the company is astounding.

You stated that you were on the website - so you had the opportunity at that time to seek that information yourself.

Angela121 Jul 18, 2015

Bellamie, that's a fraud way of doing business when you are not telling the customer upfront about "quirky" return policies. SALE items are not FINAL SALE items. if MK does not want want the customers to return sale items it should be clearly stated while checking out that item, if not on sale page. Only fraudsters try to make money this way. Even a cheap store like forever 21 tells at checkout how different their return policy is. Really WOW for a company like MK to cheat customers like that.

• Al
    Allopy Aug 28, 2015

Fake scam website under Michael kors brand michealkors-info.com   selling bags 80 percent discount...millions of people bought and nothing received ...call police

Jamy Cox Sep 20, 2015

Unbelievable, I went to the store in Roseville Galleria, I took my Michael Kors purse in the Michael Kors bag and I was looking to exchange it. I had just purchased it a couple weeks ago and used it one time but it was too heavy and the chains on it keep bunching up. When I was shopping the girl asked if I would like her to hold my bag while I shopped. I didn’t find anything so I said I would come back later to look again. She gave me back my bag and when I was walking out the door I noticed the bag inside the bag I had packed the purse in was open. I turned around and said “Did you open my bag?” she looked at me and said “Yes we wanted to see what was in it.” UNBELIEVABLE!!! What kind of people do this? I have the receipt and charge card I used to pay for it … so no scam here ladies. It was my bag with my product in it. You don’t just open it because you want to see what is in it. And don’t ask to hold it for me while I shop if you are going to rummage thru it like a rat looking for cheese! This is outrageous and disgusting behavior. Who do these people think they are, how rude! I am just sick over this. I will NEVER purchase Kors products or set one foot in their stores again.

• Mt
    M T Aug 09, 2018

@Jamy Cox True! Deception intentional. Then they get mean & demeaning if you question or want to return.

• Tr
    Truthsayer1 Dec 13, 2015

A new Michael Kors store just recently opened in Saskatchewan. Canada. I am not very impressed with the customer service. I went in there to get a handbag as a gift for my relative. I showed the salesperson what i wanted and when she went to the back to get my bag; she got and bagged the wrong size. I did not realize that until i got home. I returned the bag for an exchange the next day. Even then, they did not remove the security tag in the bag. I kept on beeping in every store i entered. I went back and got the security tag removed. Few days after, i noticed that there was a sale going on; buy $250, get $50 off. I went back to the store for price adjustment. Before i went in, i called them to let them know. While i was there i noticed another bag that my relative preferred, i exchanged it for the same price (over $250) but the price adjustment was not applied ( i believe purposely). I noticed the price was not adjusted when i left the store. I called the customer service line to confirm my eligibility. I was told that i was eligible and to go back to the store for the adjustment. So i had to go back to get the price adjusted. I called them again to let them know. I got dirty looks from the floor sales associates for coming back the third time. The manager who recognized me blatantly ignored me for a bit ; seeing i was standing in front of her and then attended to another customer. Somehow they had a problem with me coming back to fix issues that stemmed from them not doing their jobs properly. Bottomline...unsatisfactory in-store customer service. I rather shop on the online MK store.

• Cr
    Cristina Saman Jan 13, 2016

I have bought 4 Michael Kors items in total. I got a sweater that was machine wash and dry and it kept shrinking everytime I washed it. I got a burgundy small purse and the Gold MK on the purse peeled off. I got a couple of pair of shoes and the leather kept expanding and the stitching was coming undone. Michael Kors sells cheap quality items for expensive prices. I really do hope he is a fad and his stuff will be off the shelves. I have seen him make purses and shoes and copy other designers that are far more expensive. The shoes I bought that were MK were flats and quilted like Chanel. One of his purses imitates Hermes Birkin to an extent. I wouldn't mind paying the price if it was quality made. Never called customer service except on the purse. Nothing much resolved there.

• Re
    Reviewer52384 Feb 17, 2016

I bought a cross body purse, used it for a whole day and cause pain on my shoulders. I brought it back to the store. They will not exchange it cause it's used. I called the customer service line. They told me to take a picture of the purse and will look into it. Two months later of going back and forth, they told me they can't do anything. Don't put heavy items in the purse. I had the wallet and phone... This is horrible!!!

Don't buy MK! Don't waste your time and energy! Stay away!!!

• Bu
    Buffalo Trace Mar 22, 2016

Do not ever shop online with Michael Kors.

They have the prices of an upscale store but the customer service of a fly by night rippoff outfit.

I ordered a handbag as a gift. Within seconds of placing the order, I realized I had made a mistake with the billing address (small mistake) and a mistake with the shipping address (shipping to me rather than to the intended recipient of the gift).

I searched online for a way to modify or cancel the order and found none. I called their phone number and spoke with a gentleman who guaranteed me that while he could not change the order, he could annotate it so that it would be cancelled and would not be processed.

I then placed the order correctly.

Then I got an email confirming my first order, and I forwarded the email to customer service, noting that I had just called, and it was probably unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure that this order was cancelled.

I got an email back from customer service saying that it was impossible to cancel an order once it was placed, that both of the handbags (identicle) that I had ordered would be mailed and if I didn't want one, I could return it.

When I was promised by the gentleman on the phone that the order would be cancelled, and I emailed them within minutes of placing the order, it is unacceptable that they can not cancel the order.

If you like their stores, fine. But they have terrible customer service and do not in any way stand behind their brand if you have to deal with them.

Therefore, do not deal with them.

• It
    itsmarcie Mar 30, 2016

Has anyone else had an issue with the phone cases changing colour? Like round the other edges? I've had 3 replaced now the same case as it turned from grey to a horrible brown colour within 3-6 months of having it! Originally got it in Canada so was hard to change But thankfully the London store and Milton Keynes store were very helpful! I've now changed to an all black case in the hopes it stays black 🙄 not as nice as my old one but it will do!
    Attached photo of how it should be and how mine went twice!
    (Top is normal Bottom is clearly not)
    When I took it to the store they has no idea why it had happened and said it shouldn't so when it happened the second time I was extremely annoyed as its £45 I've spent on something and I buy a lot from Michael kors also! Handbags, purses, jewellery a phone cases!

• Di
    Disgruntledshopper Jul 19, 2016

If you're thinking of going to the michael kors store in Covent Garden (England) skip it!! It is by far the worst service I have ever received. I went there just to buy a tote to have one from another country (kind of like a gorgeous saffiano leather souvenir) and the ladies in the store just stood there tittering. Needless to say I left annoyed and empty handed after about 3-4 minutes trying to get there attention. P.s as you can see when you look pass them the store wasn't full.

Marthese Abela Jul 28, 2016

I have had a nightmare of an experience. Last year my partner bought me a bag, straps are all tacky now. This we got from London but l live in Malta. Wrote to MK and they will send me a gift card if I destroy the bag and send photos. I am scared that I will destroy bag and not get the gift card. I am taking a gamble. I'm the customer, I cannot get my head around this travesty.

• Tr
    TruthfulPerson May 16, 2017

Honestly full of lies only. I bought from MK but I wanted to exchange it because it didn't suit me. It was not used and brand new. So when I brought it to the sales associate, they looked at it carefully as if I damaged the bag. Then when I told them I was getting a different one in exchange for it, they were happy. When they brought the other bag, it was not packaged, it didn't even have the dust bag in it. When I asked them if it was new, wow she said it was new. I was in a rush so I couldn't check it properly and since the sale was ending that day, I bought it quickly and left. I didn't look back at it until I got home, only to realize how terrible the bag was. It was clearly obvious that the bag was used, it had scratches everywhere. It is so frustrating that the sales representative of MK can just lie to sell a defective bag. Also, it was so ironic because the girl was scratching the bag that I was returning and was looking so carefully at it with a straight face (but it was clearly an unused bag that was perfectly fine) like I am returning a used bag. But for real, it was them who SOLD me a defective bag. And it is the store in Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto. This is so frustrating because if I had to buy a used bag, I could've simply bought off people for cheap. I didn't have to pay the full price to get a used bag. Honestly now I am reconsidering the love for MK. Very disappointing. If the sales representatives are not satisfying, don't even buy anything there because they would just cheap you. Disgusting humans beings lying to sell defective items to people.

• Mi
    Michele leddick Aug 14, 2018

Red tote bag with two outer pockets one zips closed, one has a split pocket. Other side of pocket leads to the ground where I lost my wallet. Not a good design at all, why would there be a pocket that is open and not sewn at the bottom. This is my first Michael Kors bag. I received as a gift and I was excited until I lost stuff and figured out why

Annalim Aug 15, 2018

last week i buy a wacth at penang gurney paragon RM1150, but today i saw the watch is same at genting outlet after discount only 500++, then now i want to return,i fell not fair with customer.because the price is not standard 。

• Br
    Brenda Reece Aug 15, 2018

I just bought my granddaughter a signature purse for graduation and the hanging MK leather band fell off the purse and was not sewed together. We would like a replacement to go on her purse.

• Wi
    Willow11 Sep 01, 2018

I bought this coat and my daughter got 2 month's out of it and I washed it and it tore badly I expect this from a generic brand not Michael Kors.

• Ca
    CatherineElia Aug 14, 2019

Absolutely NO complaints! Best service I have EVER received - and I SHOP SHOP SOP - from a sales lady called Karen and also Olivia and Hanah. So come to the UK if you're experiencing bad service :)

• Wa
    wanda young Sep 30, 2019

I brought a Michael Kors women gold watch at Ross in Mercerville NJ. Paid $72.00. Within a month it was no longer gold. Now I know I brought it at a discount but I didn't expect it to be so cheaply made. I thought I was buying a good watch because it is Michael Kors... if I knew this I could have just brought a 5 or 10 watch from the Flee Market.

Angeladay Oct 07, 2019

I was bought this bag as a gift from my mum who has now passed away the handles are braking on all 4 off them I don't have a receipt and all I know she got it for me I have not used it a lot I have got several of your bags and never had a problem before could you please help me thank you

Jasmin Bhardwaj Oct 19, 2019

We have purchased Michael kors handbag but after a year it had shown a defect and the skin of the beg is automatically getting removed I need you to please help and fix this

• Pr
    prakash AGENCY Dec 04, 2019

I have purchased Michelle Kors smart watche 3 days before from shoppers Stop
    And the watch is not working more the 5/6 hours, i have disabled all major functions but still facing the same battery issue.
    Please suggest what to do or shall I return this watch. Waiting for your positive response. You can also contact me on mobile +919111666111