MetLife Dental — denied services
Daughter needed braces. Called Metlife to see if it was covered under our dental policy. The employee said yes. Gave no other information. Made the appointment with Orthodontist. They even called Metlife. They drew up the payment plan going on what Metlife said was covered. Braces have been in my daughters mouth over two weeks. Got a letter stating she wasn't covered. Turns out there is a 24month waiting period before braces are covered. Well why in the hell did they tell us it was covered? No one mentioned 24 months to us or the Orthodontist. Metlife now says you can't go buy what their employees tell you. If I need information on my benefits because I couldn't find the information on my own or don't remember it stated when signing up and need to know this Why can't I call the company I pay regularly for this informations? Why am I paying Metlife if I can't go by what they tell me when I need information??? Our savings acount was drained paying Our "Half" of the bill and now becuase their employees left on one tiny piece of important information I have to come up with over $2000 more to pay the half I was told they covered? This is not right! Metlife needs to accept thier employees mistakes and maybed even train them for better customer service. I can't afford $5000 braces, I surely would have waited if I was told that was what had to happen!!! One little sentence would have prevented our life from being turned upside down and a horrible debt we have to find a way out of over the next however many years!
More MetLife Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer!
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability
- Metlife India Insurance Company - poor service on all accounts!
- MetLife Dental - claims not processed for more than 12 months
- Met Life Disability Insurance - fraud
- Metlife Disability - metlife petition
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - left off beneficiary