Meta Bank iAdvancerudest customer service

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ms
    mswhy78 Oct 23, 2009

I AGREE THEY ARE ALL DUMB ...INCLUDING PLAM DESERT BANK REPS THAT TELL U ONE THING THEN U CALL BACK THEY TELL U SOMETHING ELSE.THEY R STUPID THATS NOT THE FIRST TIME I KEEP GETTING REPS THAT SOUND INDIAN IS THE COMPANY OUTSOURCE.I LOOKING FOR A NEW COMPANY...

Sa'vion Aug 31, 2009

Well I unfortunately have been with Meta Bank for over 2 years. And to be honest and frank and put everything out there. They are the worst customer service attendants I have came across. Not to sound racist or such things, but they hire these foreign people and don't train them worth a damn. They act like they can't hear u, they don't speak clearly and then what tops it all off. It seems as if they (what little training the may provide) seems is not working cause every attendant will tell u something completely different. I had a run in with them today as a matter of fact. And the manager Henry (if that's his real name) was rude, impatient and didn't hold up to what he said. The First time I spoke with him he told me he would call the hotel and give me a call back in a half-hour. An hour and a half has went by so i call...and low and behold I have to be put on hold for over 19 minutes(This is the second call of the day)All a brotha was trying to do was get my little $70 dollars back. Once CSR told me it will take 20 days to get my refund if I can't provide them with my final receipt from my hotel. What do they do in them cubicals? If it's been over a week and I don't have access to the receipt shouldn't they offer assistance to me and contacting the merchant where they placed the hold. To top it off the hotel told me they had faxed them the paper work they needed and they still gave me the run around, telling me it will take 24-48 hours to process after they receive the fax.They holding time is too long, they're not training there employees correctly. They really should be in no position of business what-so-ever. That's how I feel and if u don't like it well stay with them..Well see how long this company last. All my friends I have told abou this company has already cancelled there credit cards with them. Not only because of my experiences but there own. I'm just bold enought to put them on Blast. I warn u please don't trust this company. If u have any question pls feel free to contact me

• Cw
    cw911 Aug 13, 2009

I agree that iavance Meta bank customer service is very poor and very DISRESPECTFUL. I recently discover that a false report was on my credit report from iadvance and when I called them to tell them about the negative information on my report before I could go into details the rep replies" you need to contact the credit bureau and file a complaint" I told her "you did not hear the facts first."

iadvance then stated that their system is 30-60 days behind, regardless I never borrowed money from them and was not paid back within 3 weeks, please check your credit statement, because negative reports with iadvance.

I have had direct deposit from the day I signed up for Meta bank service and occasionally I would borrow from iadvance, but every time my funds is direct deposit they take the funds right at that time. Even when I put the money back with a greendot money pak. I have never owe them any money. But they effect my credit report with that information.

I have notified all the people that I have recommended and told them to check their credit report and cancel the service because of the customer service rudeness and lies.

I'm in the process of closing my account with them, but not before they make that correction on my credit report.

• Tr
    Trish Apr 16, 2009

Has anyone had luck with iadvance? Does anyone know what the fee is to withdraw cash form the card? How are the percentage rates for iadvance? Looking to signup soon...any help/advice is appreciated :)

Cheryl L. Kelley Apr 13, 2009

why don't you post an email address to contact you. I have a extreme hardship whereas my stolen card from Account Now went to disputes leaving me without a penney. I need to find out if I can get my line of credit increased. Please email me at [email protected] a.s.a.p. Please.

• Je
    Jen L Feb 27, 2009

We've had them for almost 3 years no big complaints really except for this year. Last year was the first time we used the to deposit our IRS refund and it went through fine it over $7000 this totally different story around the same amount was scheduled to be DD on Jan 30 and AccountNow rejected it because it over exceeded the daily deposit limit. UMM why weren't we notified about this last year worked perfectly fine now this year it's different. Well according the CS she said something along the lines of them not being as strict last year but they were enforcing it big time. She also stated that it was posted on their site. Which it was but on the main page the one before you even log in there was a link to click and it was all the way at the bottom of that page saying that the refund could not exceed $6000 but if you looked at the tax link on the page once you signed in w/your last name, ss #, and zip code it says absolutely nothing about there being a limit and of course that's the one I had checked because I never look at the login page I just use it to simply log in to access my account. So now her I am almost a month later still with no return because it has to go "through the system" as the IRS has said and get turned into a paper check which will be mailed some time who knows when. I just really don't understand why they would even put a limit on governement deposits. I highly doubt the government is going to assist anyone with any wrong doings. Although this has really irritated me I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon because other than this I can't complaing

• Di
    distrustingcustomer(ex now) Feb 20, 2009

I was expecting a tax refund and was told on two different occassions by two different Customer Service Reps. that all I had to do was fax my 1040 form and put it to the attention of KEVIN, who "works" at MetaBank. Additionally, they advised that because the card has a $5000 limit I need to ensure the balance is such that it will be accepted and not put me over the limit otherwise it will be sent back. After adhering to the instructions I was given, my refund was not available and I am told it may not be available for up to 48 hrs. And that this "KEVIN" actually works for Espree.

The CSR I spke with initilly on this third call was a floor supervisor; she was Rude and Impersonal and I will definitely seek another agency for assistance.

I will say that the floor supervisor's, boss was very helpful and was very helpful; however to be lied to and misinformed at any time is unacceptable but especially when it affects my livelihood.

So no MetaBank does not rock for me it provides lowsy customer service and can not be trusted and STINKS badly. BOOOOOOO METABANK!!

• Ab
    aboveparr Feb 09, 2009

I agree with Emilee Barr, I loved their services, and I used it all the time. However I called the Iadvance dept, and somehow their system stated that my current card was reported lost/stilen. I advised i was still using it, and after 18 calls to cust serv reps, i finally asked for a supervisor and the rep stated "Im a floor sup" then put me on hold while i was still talkin. now idavance stated that their sytem is messed up, and is being repaired by IT. Im definatley "Bankable" now, and will be leaving Accountnow/MetaBank/MyIdvance
    WORST (LACK OF) CUSTOMER SERVICE

• La
    LarryinDFW Oct 27, 2008

I completely disagree with the comment. My partner and I both have been with MetaBank for over 2 years and couldn't be happier. Anytime I call customer service with a question either simple or complex they are extremely friendly, knowledgable and willing to help. I will admit I have experienced high call volume on a rare occassion. I love my card and it couldn't be easier to use. METABANK ROCKS !