Having problems with MegaBus?

MegaBus reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 4, 2008. The latest review Seating issue was posted on Nov 1, 2021. The latest complaint refund was resolved on Jul 27, 2020. MegaBus has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 329 reviews. MegaBus has resolved 17 complaints.

MegaBus Customer Service Contacts

+44 141 352 4444 (United Kingdom)
+1 908 282 7420 (United States)
Buchanan Bus Station, Killermont
Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde
United Kingdom - G23NW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MegaBus Customer Service. Initial MegaBus complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MegaBus above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MegaBus. Discuss the issues you have had with MegaBus and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MegaBus Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Megabusthe bus

On August 21, 2018, I arrived at 19th and Pacific Ave, in Va Beach, at 410 pm, to arrive at Union station at 925 pm. It was raining as we boarded the bus. By a few minutes to 9 pm, the bus broke down and the driver had to pull over to the nearest shoulder. He reported the situation and some of us received email and texts. In about a 45 minutes to an hour, we waited and and boarded the second bus. We had to walk down the side of the bus, through a small area, got our bags, and boarded the replacement bus. It took a out 20 to 30 minutes to get to Union Station. I had to call Uber to get home as my ride had to rest for the next day. I had to pay extra money to get home. I did not get home until 1200 midnight. I got 2 hours if sleep because I get up at 2 am. I am at work very tired today. I called Megabus.com number and was offered a redemption for another ticket. I don't want a ticket, I would like to be refunded all of my money. I have been completely taken through changes that were very uncomfortable to me. My reservation number is 153463082118M31R1010VBEWAS. I can be reached at [protected], stephanie.[protected]@verizon.net. My name is Stephanie Beckett. Please look into this ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Respond

Megabusbus never showed up (new york to new haven, ct) 4:45pm departure.

I was schedule to board bus reservation [protected]-m20-1645-new-nhv. I was at the bus stop at exactly 4:45pm. I called customer service they said the bus departed at 4:51pm a time when I was out there waiting. According to attendees who were in line waiting for another bus, they said that the bus had just drove pass and didn't even stop to pick no body up. The bus going to new have conneticut. Like just drove past as if it was doing a fly by. I waited for nearly 2 hours with no arrival. And I would like my money back if thats okay with you all. I'm literally stranded in new york for 2 weeks. So if it's ok, I would like a full refund... Thanks.

Megabusbus broke down

Our bus from Baltimore to NYC broke down in NY. We had to walk almost a mile with our luggage in 90 degree weather! There was no resolution offered. Customer service by phone is horrible and I am being told to send an email inquiry to see what and if I will get any compensation. I have called Megabus 3 times in 3 days and they are just telling me to email my complaint! What kind of customer service doesn't help you over the phone. What company makes you email complaints when you have live representatives?? Not to mention the bus was filthy! I will never ride Megabus again!!!

Respond

Megabus — coach bus change, very dirty bus.

Hello, I am currently on the 3:50 bus from NYC to Albany that was changed from a regular Megabus to a Coach...

Megabusmy disability children and driver

On 8-9-18 I board mega bus from Charlotte NC at 12:05 pm
        I had 3 disability passages that the driver never acknowledge..
        Had board bus last which my disability passaged and myself the care taker had be seat separate..
        If driver would have done his job and acknowledge my disability tickets
        What's point having a disability tickets if you not going acknowledge my tickets
        So yes it was a terrible trip and experience for my disability passages...
        It should not happen
        I think I need a refund or a free trip
        I do not appricate how I was treated with a disability passages
        Reservation order number: AHHDETQ
        Reservation number: (D)39/[protected]-M37R-1205-CHR-WAS
        My email address: [protected]@yahoo.com
        [protected]
        P.S
        I want a refund
        Do not appreciate how I was treated or my disability passages
        Megabus need inform they drivers to go by rules and do what they suppose do not what they want to do..
        My disability passages was not treated fairly
        I will go to top
        Till this compliant get to right person
        And look forward hearing from you

Megabustiming

I'm complaining about this bus because our departure was at 7:45 pm, we were told that our bis will be there in 25 minutes and it arrivee 45 minutes late and we left 1 hour late almost at 9 pm. And we were supposed to arrive at 7:25 am which we get there at 9:30, 2 hours later. That's the only thing I have to complain about, otherwise everything was ok.

Megabustrip to dc

The scheduled time for departure from 34th street between 11th and 12th avenue was at 1 pm and we did not depart until 1:45 pm. After waiting in the sun for 45 minutes the bus finally came. The bus stopped to switch drivers and we waited over 30 minutes for the new driver to come. It's 90 degrees outside and we were all sitting on a hot bus. No one informed us at what point the new driver will be coming or how long we would have to wait.

Respond

Megabusscheduled time of arrivals for round trip

08/05/2018 ahhltgi arrived at 5pm not 3:10 being disabled and no where to sit was challenging. In seats 1 and 2 the upper deck was severely cold due to mechanical problems. Our driver was amazing and she herself was cold. I became ill shaking and passengers were giving me blankets and willing to seat me downstairs when the driver switched in kentucky and i willing to give up frosted window seats extra pay to feel better.when the 2 drivers got on they told me i was sitting in his seat behind driver rudely and lovely passengers reacted to my distress and was seated elsewhere. My personal assistant purchased another blanket along with other passengers purchasing too. Arriving in Chicago at 9:30 not 4:50am. When the transfer was made we were told that we could not exit the bus but passengers on top every passenger help me and themselves to get warm by stepping off which i know kept me from needing 911.

• Updated by William Ort · Aug 09, 2018

Please teach your driver's customer service skilles. Thank my driver from Chicago for 7 hours by herself under those conditions cheering and treating us as human beings.

Megabusnew york to philadelphia/boston

I book my tickets with Megabus because is a company known for its high quality service. However, on the trip to Philadelphia from New York there was no wifi even if it was written on the bus. On the trip to Boston, there was a WiFi but it was not working, we left at 7.05 am instead of 6.40 am, without any kind of explanation. Moreover, the bus was very dirty and it was stinking as toilet from the upper deck!this is surely not the service I was expecting from megabus.

Megabusbus service

Reservation Number
                  [protected]-M24R-2005-BUF-TOR
                  I made the above reservation on Megabus from the Buffalo airport to Toronto Canada, flying in from Florida for a wedding. When the bus arrived I along with two Canadians was told we were at the wrong stop but was allowed to board.*On arriving at the St Catherine's bus terminal stop, four p***engers with reservations but there was only one seat available, at this point the driver approached the three of us he had allowed to board and demanded that we disembark the bus, the time is now **:** pm. *The stop was deserted, the only activity was out of service buses coming in to park for the night.*The two young ladies took an UBER.*At a cost of $***. (They lived in Canada) I was then stranded in a place I did not know.*I Was unable to use my phone to get an UBER, nor did I have enough cash for a taxi. I had to then call my friend to pick me up, he lives on Weston Road, Toronto, about two hours away. Needless to say I was alone and very Scared and as we all know bad things do happen. It was now p*** midnight. I finally got to my destination at around *:**pm. *Finally I would like to add that if Megabus drivers decide to allow p***engers on the bus knowing that they might not be able to take them to their final destination, the kind thing would be to not let them board. This particular driver was also very rude.*He also told us to take the next bus, which was not scheduled for another five hours.*I spoke to mega bus customer service who transferred me to the complaint department but ok course no one answered

I trust that Megabus will make this right and come up with a resolution that is fair.

Megabusterrible service

My son had made a mistake and press pay when I was online looking up my ticket and when I called to try to do something about the first guy was rude so I asked to speak.yo his supervisor Adam and he was rude not understanding what was going on not trying to help and I take megabus a lot but with this I think I'll take me and my family business somewhere else cause to be treated like this when I'm spending my hard earned money with this company and is being treated like trash is unacceptable behavior and would like something done because this isn't the first time I have had a problem with this company

Respond

Megabusreservation: [protected]-m13-1200-sac-sfr reservation:[protected]-m11r-2000-sfr-los, for friday july6,2018

On Friday July 6, 2018, I arrived at the mega bus station on 65the street in sacameto to travel to San Francisco heading to Los Angeles. I showed the driver my ticket, they loaded my bags. I had two bags they both weight under 50 pounds. I got on the bus to travel to San Francisco, when I got ready to load my bags the baggage man said to other people, you got three bags I got to charge $20. So when it came around to me he said the same thing. My response was why mega bus didn't say anything about it on the phone when I booked my tickets then he said it's in the terms. I told him I didn't see that. Then he began to threatened me by saying he got to take my bag off the bus. I went to the bus driver and told her what was going on and that the bag man was trying to charge me and she didn't say anything. I told her I didn't have the money fir the bags. She said I would have to catch another bus I told her I live in Springfield Il so the bag man say what you going to do because I am going to take your bags off.them. old him I didn't have change and he said I'll get it in Oakland. He followed the bus all the way to Oakland. When I made it to Oakland this bag man in Oakland was trying to charge me $20 too. He came on the bus trying to get me to pay, he also was on threatened me all in my face. The bus driver was standing outside, I don't know if she sent him on here or what was going on. I had to run to the store across the street and get change. The bus driver was standing right there when I ran to the store so when I made it back I began to give the money to the bag man, he did not take the money till the driver got on the bus. The two people who took my money I will never for get them. My name is Earl Nelson, ph:[protected], email :[protected]@gmail.com

Respond

Megabusrefused refund despite company fault

I attempted to change bus departure time from Philadelphia to Boston via the website, following all instructions. I was kicked off of site 3 times and on my final attempt got as far as transferring credit to new departure time and payment of 17 usd for the booking fee/change. For no apparent reason, the finalization would not go through and was not able to process change or start over. I immediately called customer service and was on hold 30 minutes and then told to hang up because call volume was too high. I had to purchase new ticket because it was imperative I get back to Boston earlier. I called customer service next morning and after 15 min was connected to a person who simply repeated a script over and over again telling me I would not be refunded. Spoke to manager who did exactly same. This was not my fault. I do not want a voucher for a new trip, I want to be refunded for the additional ticket I bought. The website explicitly states that refunds are only made when error is on side of the company, and in this case it was. Do not book with megabus- horrible customer service and basically a rip off.

Respond

MegabusI am complaining about the horrific conditions of the restroom on the bus.

This is my email address -
                          [protected]@gmail.com The condition of the restroom on the bus was horrific. The smell from Chattanooga to Chicago was unbearable and inhumane. We couldn't eat or use the restroom. The driver had to make unscheduled stops to allow us to use the restroom. I have enclosed pictures to document this travesty called a bus ride!

I am complaining about the horrific conditions of the restroom on the bus.
                          I am complaining about the horrific conditions of the restroom on the bus.

Megabuswrong schedule

Megbus sold me a ticket for a schedule route that doesn't exist. I arrived at my departure station to be informed that the bus doesn't exit and that the next train was an hour after the bus I hadn't schedule to take was. This would put in an hour later to my destination. I had schedule my trip to accommodate plans which I could not longer make due to this false ticket. I am appalled and annoyed and will no longer be using megabus services. This completely unacceptable business practice and I will be continuing to follow up with this case until I get retribution

Megabusair conditioning

I write this in the best interest for the company in improving their service to maintain and expand their customer base.

Several customers including myself are absolutely freezing throughout a 4 hour journey despite it being the middle of summer, following a recent heat wave I am wearing a hat, scarf, two fleeces and a raincoat. I have found the air conditioning very cold all year round when I travel with megabus.

I am a regular customer but having uncomfortable experiences may deter myself and other users of the service from using the service again.

Please can drivers, maintenance manufacturers be considerate with setting of temperature to ensure passenger satisfaction and comfort, especially with vulnerable customers aboard.

Kind Regards
                              Hannah Harper

air conditioning

Respond

Megabusbus trip for a wedding - change of bus without notification

We had 4 reserved seats for the 1:40 pm bus from Albany NY - Rensselaer station to New York, NY.
                                We were here waiting for the bus 30 mins ahead of time. The mega bus never showed up. Instead a white bus reading Coach USA pulled up around 1:30 and left within 5 mins. It had no markings regarding it being a mega bus or a substitute so we were unaware that it was our bus.

I called 5 times to the support line. The first 3 calls in told me that the bus was actually delayed and that we would have to call back and check in for an update 15 mins later. The 4th time they informed me that the bus arrived and left by 1:42pm meaning the coach bus was what we were supposed to take. We were never notified by megabus for the change in buses. Asked to speak with them the supervisor and they put me on hold. The call was disconnected after 10 mins on hold.

So I called back again this time asking for the supervisor first thing. When I got her on the phone she informed me that the passengers were never notified of the change in bus and they apologize for any inconvience. They can't refund my money even though 2 other agents said they could on the earlier calls. Because of this we are going to be extremely late to a wedding if we even make it there at all. The soonest bus they could get us on was an 8:30 pm so now we have to take a train that cost us double of what we paid for the bus tickets and I can't get my money back for the bus tickets. So needless to say I'm pissed and this is rediculous. We've used megabus for every trip to New York City but if this is not corrected I will never use their services again and make sure people read this to ensure they don't get screwed either.

Respond

Megabuslate bus and poor communication

Bus from Madison, WI to St. Paul, MN set to depart at 3:20pm on Friday, June 22, 2018

Reservation Number: [protected]-M4R-1520-UOW-MSP

As instructed, I arrived at the pickup location at 3pm to ensure I would get my reserved seat. When the bus did not show, there was no explanation until 3:41pm (21 minutes after the bus should have already left). The explanation blamed traffic and then said, "The estimated delay time is approximately 45-60 minutes from." This explanation was confusing and made it difficult to determine if I would have time to find food or use the bathroom because I did not know when the bus would actually arrive.

The man who would be our driver showed up around 4pm and said the bus would arrive in about 20 minutes, but this turned out to be untrue. The bus finally arrived around 4:53pm. There was a 10 minute delay before anyone was allowed on the bus and 20 minutes before the bus left. In that time, the previous drivers had to come back to the bus because they could not find the keys our new driver had just given them.

In total, I waited 2 hours from when Megabus instructed me to show up to the pickup location. The drive itself continued without issue, but I still find it unacceptable that the bus was delayed by almost 2 hours with only a single confusing email as an explanation.

I, and those picking me up in St. Paul were put through unnecessary stress and inconvenience because Megabus failed to provide the service I paid them for. Yes, I did arrive safely at my destination, but I would consider a somewhat timely arrival equally as important. Because of Megabus' failure to provide the full service for which I paid, I would like a refund.

Megabusmegabus late

Megabus on 06/25/18 scheduled to leave for 23:40 is extremely late. So far it is 0300 tuesday 06/26/18 and the bus is still not here. The employees are not explaining or offering any info. To us. As a result of this will not have transportation available for me at whatever time I arrived since the intended arrival time to houston was 05:55, I would greatly appreciate megabus refunding my fare for this return trip home to houston from new orleans. Denisejohnson email [protected]@bellsouth.net

Megabuscustomer service

This is 2-fold. In a nutshell, I had to reschedule a trip. Unable to do so online, I booked another trip, as I was in a pinch. When I called to see if the first trip could be exchanged, I was read the policies and scolded. I asked to speak with the supervisor trying to see if I could at least apply the fare toward another trip. I was again read the policies, scolded and this time hung up on, being told there were other customers to assist.

Today, my trip was cancelled with less than an hour's notice. Given the day (Sunday) and time (late afternoon), I was pretty much stranded for some time. The option they offered was to reschedule or get a refund, minus the booking fees. I feel like it's a little unfair and unbending on their part. They weren't able to provide the service I paid for (booking fees and all), so I feel like should get a full refund. When I explained this (again to an agent and a supervisor), the supervisor hung up on me mid-sentence. Granted, I was frustrated, but this just seems like terrible customer service.

I think it's going to be a long time (if ever again) that I use this company for travel.