McDonaldscoffee lids

I stopped in at the DRIVE through on my way to work and ordered coffee with my meal. When I received my coffee I put it down on the floor then reached to receive the rest of the meal. As I was going to drive off I picked up the coffee and the lid was off, I spilled some, I then put it back down on the floor and pushed the lid down and again tried to pick it up, the lid was not staying down. I then pulled the car over to a parking stall with the coffee in my hand as I have no holder and spilled the coffee on my hand and clothes. I went into the restaurant and the girl snapped the lid down and showed my how you can pick it up by the lid and it doesn't come off. If it had been done like that before it was handed to me in my car I wouldn't have had a problem. I now have coffee on my clothes and a burn't thumb and all she could say is " I am sorry have a nice day". Their customer service needs to change making sure lids are on and that they have a sleeve on their VERY hot coffee.

• Ni
    nicholas248 Aug 15, 2009

u probably knocked the lid off! its suprising you have a job if u cant figure out how to put a coffee lid on!!

• M8
    m8french Nov 18, 2009

Yes, they are terrible I have ruined 4 shirts and have to clean my truck at least 1/2 doz times, they should change back or fix it. Matt, Penticton B.C

• Ci
    Citizen in GA Nov 10, 2010

Coffee cup plastic lids. The problem is that pieces of the plastic separate from lid and consumer unknowingly drink material.

• Me
    Melanie May 19, 2011

I order about 3 coffees a day and everytime i go to take a drink, the coffee leaks from under the lid. I got coffee stains on my shirts, dresses and sticky cup holders in my car due to this. Please change the lids.

• Pa
    Paula Neill Jul 22, 2011

I've had it with McDonald's coffee cup lids!! I was once told by an employee that they were redesigning the lid so it doesn't leak out from under the lid. This has yet to be implemented. It spills on me and has ruined blouses of mine. I changed to McDonalds coffee because I felt it was better than Tim Hortons but am now boycotting McDonald until they fix their darn lids. How hard can this be, millions of companies have successfully designed coffee cup lids...why not McDonalds????

• kelz76 Sep 08, 2011

First of all i have to say mcdonalds make the best coffee, and I want to keep comming back to drink your coffee, but a number of times i have gone to this McDonalds and others in the area and bought my morning coffee, when i take my first sip i nearly gag from the smell of perfume or aftershave on the lids, it happened as recent as this morning, I asked her to change the lid, she did, but that one also smelt the same, she was quite rude about it to! Maybe you need to tell your workers not to put perfume anywhere near there hand area.. kind regards!

• kelz76 Sep 08, 2011

I also have spoken to one of the managers previously regarding this matter before I have made a complaint on here, obviously it wasn't addressed to his staff..

Chad F Mar 16, 2012

I spilled a large coffee all over my car. Luckily I was still in the parking lot so I could run inside and get napkins. Cleaning the leather seats was no problem, but it got all over the carpet in-between the seat and center console and under the seat. They gave me a free new coffee, but seriously, the lids pop off with the slightest touch! I hope my car doesn't smell like nasty coffee now, but I am pretty sure it does. Very dissatisfied. Also I got it all over my pants and sweatshirt.

• He
    helen32 Oct 14, 2014

Same thing happened to me. I go to their drivethru every morning and today they did not lid my large coffee properly. Half of the cup spilled all over my car and the girl at the drivethru just starred at me. I handed her back the coffee and asked her to give me some napkins, instead she just pushed back the lid and gave me back the same cup! When I asked to speak to the manager, she did even do anything. The customer service is horrible and Im not letting this go, because my car is damage because of Mcdonald's employees not putting their coffee lids properly.